Thor Roofing LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2013

Thor Roofing is an "owner/operator" type of business with the owner being on site close to 100% of the time. I will personally be involved in most of the work while overseeing all of the work being done on your roof.

roofing (56)gutter cleaning (12)roof cleaning (7)gutter repair (5)skylight installation (3)siding companies (1)

09/19/2020

Jim H.

Chris and his crew are awesome! Everyone was polite, friendly and professional. They showed up early, knocked everything out in a few hours and left everything clean. I am very satisfied with the work performed and will not hesitate to recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Replaced two Velux skylights, removed two sun tunnels, replaced two plumbing vent boots, and installed two new bathroom fan roof vents.

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 09/19/2020

09/03/2020

Beth L.

Excellent work; both roofs look great. Punctual and fair estimate. Work area was left neat everyday and the roofers were polite and friendly. We would absolutely hire them again and recommend them without hesitation to anyone!

Description of Work
Full roof replacement on 2 separate structures; a house and a converted barn

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

04/28/2020

Bridie B.

Excellent! Chris from Thor roofing was Meticulate and a perfectionist! I have highly recommended him ever since and all that I have recommended him to have said the same! Highly recommend if you want the job done right!

Description of Work
Needed new roof

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

04/27/2020

Julie I.

It was perfect. He was very professional. Cleaned up afterwards. Always let me know how the job was going. I would recommend him to everyone. Everything looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Roof and Gutter Replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 02/24/2020

04/13/2020

Michael R.

Let me start by saying Chris and his team are the best of the best. My roof was damaged by a wind storm and I had to go through my insurance company. And let me tell you the insurance company did not make anything easy. My insurance company at first low balled the price. Chris had to take time out of his busy schedule to either email or talk on the phone with the insurance adjuster. After multiple phone calls and multiple emails from Chris the insurance company finally approved the correct amount. Chris showed up with his team and had my roof done in just about four days. Him and his team worked 8 hours a day. Chris made sure he explained everything he was doing and made sure myself and wife understood. Chris treated my roof like it was his own, if he did not like something he would tell us. I can not express how happy my wife and I are with our roof. Chris and his team are true professionals. I would highly recommend Chris and his company to anyone.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 04/07/2020

11/28/2019

Shelley H.

Thor roofing did an excellent job of replacing my roof in a clean an efficient manner. They arrived on time every morning till the job was completed. They kept the area clean when they left. They also cleaned my gutters, which wasn’t part of the job. The owner, Chris Johnson, was very honest and nice and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Full Roof replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing, roof cleaning

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

09/01/2019

William M.

Great result. Happy from start to finish.

Description of Work
Whole house siding

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 09/01/2019

04/11/2019

Adam A.

Chris did a great job cleaning more gutters twice. He also helped when I had water leaking into my attic next to my chimney. Great guy, knowledgable, and courteous. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning and Chimney sealing

03/22/2019

Theresa A.

Chris and his team were excellent!! They arrived early each morning and were able to adapt to several unexpected roadblocks (including winter weather). They were polite, professional, and left the property clean and tidy when finished. Chris was very communicative and consulted with us before making decisions that differed from the original plan. I would highly recommend the Thor Roofing team! You won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
New Roof & Skylights

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 03/18/2019

03/19/2019

William S.

I had agreed that Chris could schedule this small job around bigger jobs he was handling, so it took a little while for him to get to it last fall. He and his assistant were friendly and seemed professional, and completed the job (installing a new vent pipe and replacing some roofing felt) quickly. However, the next time it rained heavily in mid-November, I noticed that there was still a leak into the attic. I called and texted him repeatedly (at least 6 times) from November to February about coming to fix it. He said he would, but never did. On November 30 it was because of weather, but he promised to come the next day (but didn't). On December 4 he said he had been sick but would come as soon as he could (but didn't). On January 10 he said he was out of town but would come the next week (but didn't). After that he just stopped responding. The whole thing was very disappointing.

Description of Work
Repair of roof leak around roof vent pipe

Work Completed On 02/12/2019

02/10/2019

Constance W.

very well, Chris did a great job and completed all of the work we requested in a timely fashion. I would definitely hire him since he was very reasonable with his price charged

Description of Work
patch work on roof and vent work

Category roofing, roof cleaning

Work Completed On 01/12/2019

02/08/2019

Rita E.

Very well. Thor Roofing has a good reputation. Should I need to engage their services, I anticipate that Chris and his team will be diligent in their efforts to correct my roofing problem related to chimney.

Description of Work
Owner of Thor Roofing, Chris Johnson, evaluated the potential cause of water drainage along exterior of chimney. He examined condition of chimney, roof flashing and roof shingles, taking photos to share with me about what he viewed. His assessment of the situation was logical and reflected his knowledge of likely contributing factors to water appearing on exterior chimney. Chris advised correction of weaknesses of chimney before taking the additional step of looking for causes of leakage related to the roof. Chris arrived punctually to complete the assessment. He is friendly and communicative.

Work Completed On 02/02/2019

02/08/2019

Sal A.

Excellent! I would hire Chris again in a heartbeat. He did such a good job I recommended him to my mom for some roofing work. They were very clean and professional. They replaced our entire roof and after they finished, I looked around the house and found only found 1 small peice of paper and NO NAILS. I give them 6 out of 5 stars.

Description of Work
Replaced my roof

Work Completed On 02/08/2019

Review for Thor Roofing LLC - 42 S Cherry St, Wallingford, CT - 37704188

12/22/2017

Kate A.

He came out with the wrong ladder. Never checked with us as to how high the roof was. Still has not come back.

Description of Work
I needed my gutters cleaned. To this date I still have not had the service performed.

Work Completed On 12/01/2017

11/26/2017

Paul L.

The work we planned has been accomplished to my satisfaction. I would contact in the future and refer to friends and family for roofing related work. Thanks Chris.

Description of Work
Contacted Chris to get a quote and have my gutters cleaned. He came by and inspected the job and provided what I found to be a fair price for the work. I committed to having him do the work. There were a couple of scheduling conflicts both for me and as a result of the weather in November for him. He kept me informed and the work was accomplished.

Work Completed On 11/19/2017

11/14/2017

Marie-Luise B.

Chris Johnson repaired the leak and did an excellent job. He replaced damaged plywood, roof shingles and installed new flashing.

Description of Work
I had a leak from my garage roof.

Work Completed On 10/20/2017

09/24/2017

Mark L.

We are very pleased with the roof that Thor Roofing, LLC installed. I was impressed during the estimation meeting when the owner Chris Johnson and an assistant climbed on the roof to inspect and measure; no other roofing estimators did this. Twenty-four hours later, I received a detailed quote. On the first day of construction, Chris and a large crew removed the old asphalt and installed water and ice and other roofing materials to totally secure the roof from water seepage during the time that the new asphalt would be applied. The cleanup was thorough. Communication was extremely easy using email, texting and phone calls. Pricing was very competitive, considering the roof had 3 peaks, four valleys, 2 chimneys, and a large and rather flat porch and bay window that had to be shingled. Also, the roof looks really good.

Description of Work
Remove and replace old asphalt roof.

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

08/28/2017

William M.

Chris from Thor Roofing kept me informed from the initial request, then through the ordering process for materials, up to the installation appointment. As with the roof all went A+. I highly recommend this contractor.

Description of Work
This is a follow up review. Thor Roofing installed a new roof on my house in July 2017. When they were done I inquired about gutter screens and arranged for Chris to order and install the barriers.

Work Completed On 08/26/2017

08/15/2017

Edwin S.

Owner was very responsive with scheduling, plenty of availability, and showed up on time. Provided a useful evaluation of our gutter and drain conditions and identified problems that we needed to address.

Description of Work
Roof and gutter cleaning, inspection of existing roof, gutters, and drains.

Category gutter cleaning, roof cleaning

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

08/15/2017

Kurt O.

Scheduled to show up Wednesday afternoon. Didn't show, didn't call. Rescheduled to have service Friday. Showed up late Friday, interfering with other work I was having done at property. Otherwise, very friendly and professional. Quality of service was good but scheduling is definitely an issue.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

08/04/2017

William M.

I chose this contractor due to their rating on the local Angie's List site. I was not disappointed. The response to my inquiry was immediate, an estimate was provided in days, and once I agreed a time frame was provided for the roof replacement. I received notification 72 hours prior to the start of the job and was asked if the working hours were acceptable to me. I agreed to an early start hour as we were in high 80 to low 90 temperatures in the PM. The demolition crew came in first and did an incredible job of keeping the demolition contained. I have found two minimal pieces of the roof from the demolition and I mean minimal. The roof was left water tight the first night with the membranes the demo crew installed. I was advised that day as to the delivery time frame of the shingles. The end result is a wonderful new roof. I would recommend Thor Roofing without hesitation.

Description of Work
Roof removal and replacement

Work Completed On 07/30/2017

07/30/2017

Nancy K.

Very well. I can't say enough good things about the owner Chris, and his company, Thor Roofing. He is extremely honest, professional, knowledgeable about all roofing issues, punctual and cleans up all areas before he leaves. He also, goes above and beyond if he discovers other issues while actually doing the job. Whenever you contact him, he is quick to get back to you also. Fair pricing, excellent work and a pleasure to deal with. I can only say that our personal experience with them was excellent in every way. Thank you Chris and Angie's List.

Description of Work
Check roof and vents for possible needed repairs. He replaced some shingles, repaired and replaced areas around vents, cleaned gutters and downspouts and secured by hammering areas that needed that. He also showed us photo's of work that needed to be done before submitting quote.