Climatech Mechanical Heating and Air Conditioning

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2009

Climatech Mechanical Services has been offering HVAC Mechanical Solutions to a wide range of customers for over 20 years....

Vallone Electric

Vallone electric offers 24/7 service

Advance Plumbing & Heating Inc - Newington

If you're looking for an emergency plumber in Newington CT, than look no further! Since 1956, Advance Plumbing & Heating has provided professional plumbing and heating services to clients throughout Connecticut. Our work is 100% guaranteed. Fast, local, and reliable service in Newington is just a phone call away! Additional email - michael.advanceplumbing@gmail.com, advplumbing700@gmail.com

Offers by Advance Plumbing & Heating Inc - Newington on Angi
N&J Plumbing LLC

Connecticut's Highest Rated Plumbing Company. Fast, worry-free, and reliable! We specialize in same day water heater replacement as well as toilets, faucets, repipe, shut off valves, no job is to big or small!

12/24/2018

Richard Y.

Had to make multiple contacts after the job before getting the rebate form done. Very annoying, but rest of work seemed fine.

Description of Work
Replace furnace and AC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] Thank You, for the kind words & input. - We are have added to our office crew with some great new people and are starting the new year with improved software for better customer care. Please call again if you have any other heating or cooling needs. Michael Naski Operations Manager

07/22/2017

Ziad C.

They were very professional and responsive to my requests. They came out to take a look and sent me quotes the same day I contacted them. I wanted to explore additional options after seeing the initial quotes and they turned those quotes around quickly. Unlike some of their competitors, they didn't use high pressure sales tactics. They just provided pricing on different options and let me make up my mind. This is very important to me because I didn't want to be rushed into a bad decision on a condenser that I have to live with for 5-10 years. I ended up choosing them over their competitors for all the reasons above and because their pricing was very competitive. I lucked out and they were able to schedule the install quickly. Their tech was very thorough and professional. I had a very good experience with them both during the sales/quote process and during the install and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
The compressor inside my A/C condenser unit failed at the height of summer just as the warranty was about to expire and I had to decide whether to replace it or the entire condenser.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank Your for Kind words, Please call again for any HVAC needs Michael Naski Operations Manager

09/20/2016

Scott W.

I wouldn't recommend them. The service was not good. They installed the system and they did not stand behind their original service very well.

Description of Work
I used Climatech Mechanical. They ended up servicing my air conditioning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Timeline : Installation of new condenser unit 8/2012. Customer had not called us for 3 years up till [Member Information Removed]/21/2015 that the A/C was not performing properly (Note: we had contacted them for maintenance visits in both 2013 and 2014 to ensure system was running efficiently etc but never heard back). Warranty period was one year up till 8/2013 if any issues occurred with outdoor unit. Unsure why customer is upset from a 3 year later event taking place. Unit was in need of maintenance and has a potential leak on indoor lines/equipment which was original to home. This is similar to getting upset over a 3 year old vehicle in need of maintenance (oil/transmission fluid change), new tires etc.

06/04/2014

Michael L.

Called one day and was given appointment for next day. Service man arrived within given time parameters. Service man was pleasant and very professional. Installed a new thermostat that corrected our problems. Inspected system and cleaned outside coil.

Description of Work
Needed to replace a malfunctioning thermostat and have general maintenance on central air system.

05/24/2014

John S.

Good follow through by staff after initial inquiry. Came to house at convenient time. Successful installation.

Description of Work
Replace damaged AC Condenser

01/26/2014

Jill C.

I felt it was a little expensive for a whole new furnace, but what choice did I have at that point- I needed heat! It took 2 days. My only basic complaint was that the 2 workers took way too many breaks outside for smoking- I felt the job could have been finished much more quickly the second day.

Description of Work
My furnace quit on the coldest day of the year so far. They responded quickly- Paul, on the phone, was wonderful.

08/09/2013

JD I.

The rep. arrived reasonably within the time frame given. He listened to what we were experiencing with the system then immediately went to work. We were informed of the problem and roughly how much it would cost to repair. The problem was corrected properly when an other company could not find the problem.

Description of Work
Determined the problem and repaired central A/C.

07/25/2013

Hector P.

He spent an hour or so looking at the wiring and concluded that the zone board was bad. During past services, the Climatech personnel had recommended changing the zone board and thermostats for about $800 since they're 17 years old and could go bad any time. We paid the ~$250 for the diagnostic service call and the technician said that someone in Climatech would get back to us with a quote for the replacement system and one without all the bells and whistles the $800 system had. Three weeks later, we had not heard back from Climatech, so I went online and purchased a direct replacement zone board for $100. I hooked up the board and after a few hours of research (and switching out thermostats), I figured out that someone in a previous service call (probably not Climatech) had incorrectly wired the condenser to the zone board instead of the forced air unit. We had not noticed since we had deactivated the zone system years back due to faulty dampers (which were properly replaced at a previous Climatech service visit, see different review). The replacement board now works fine (the old board probably did too) and the old thermostats work fine. I'm disappointed that we had two technicians review the system wiring and did not notice that something was off. We ended up paying $350 (service call + new board) for nothing; not to mention the weeks of discomfort. I'm disappointed that someone did not get back to us. Unfortunately this has been a trend with Climatech, in past visits, I had to follow up with them instead of being contacted as I had been told I would be. After 4 times, we would not use them again..

Description of Work
A technician came to the house to check out the zone board system since one of the zones was not turning on the a/c condenser.

06/11/2013

Hector P.

Overall went well. My wife and I were actually asked to reschedule from the previous week due to the heat wave. Thankfully, they notified us a day in advance so we were able to re-arrange our schedule. On the day of service, the service guy (Brad) showed up about a half hour after the scheduled start of the appointment without apology. Aside from the late start, he was friendly through the whole process. He first looked at the equipment and took some measurements before heading back to get the proper size dampers. About an hour later, he came back with the equipment. The actual installation took about 2 hours and, so far, it's been working well. As part of the quote, the sales rep had included a new zone board and thermostats, but I actually didn't need one since the old one was in good working order. There was a brief moment of confusion where he misinterpreted the old zone board functionality and recommended a replacement, but he tested out the old board and verified it worked as we needed it to.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 A/C zone system baffles.

08/27/2012

Jeremy D.

Service went well - the tech was very knowledgeable and fair, but did arrive 35 minutes late. As I was the first call of the day and need to be be at work that was somewhat disappointing as this was noted when I called to schedule the appointment. Overall the service was great, went well and was completed quickly. I think that price is a bit high - if it hand been about $100 less it would probably more in line with other providers, but Climatech was the only company open on Sunday to call for advice and schedule an appointment so it works out in the end. I am giving an A rating, forgiving the late arrival, but they are slightly pricey.

Description of Work
Tested the A/C unit upstairs in the house to check for reason as to why the heat ex-changer and lines were freezing and not providing cooling. Tested both the upstairs and downstairs units for refrigerant levels. Added 5 pounds of R22 coolant and retested the system, which was returned to full capacity.

Climatech Mechanical Heating and Air Conditioning

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2009

150 Dudley Ave.

Wallingford, CT 06492

Commercial & residential heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration. Electrical & plumbing installation

Duct cleaning, window air conditioners & domestic refrigerators.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available