Bencar Building Systems, LLC

Founded 1985 • With Angi since October 2010

4.4

210 N Plains Industrial Rd

Wallingford, CT 06492

Family owned & operated. Established Bencar Building Systems in the California bay area in 1985 until moving to Connecticut in 1995. One employee has been with us since 2003 and Nancy has worked in the office since the company started in Connecticut in 1999. We have a Home Improvement Contractor

08/05/2019

Robert A.

Everything went great. Mark, Nancy and crew were on the job and communication from them was fantastic. From the start they sent a schedule, checked in with us to make sure we were satisfied as they were building, left the area as neat and orderly as can be expected. I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Deck rebuild

Category decks, remodeling

Thank you! We enjoyed working with you also!

07/17/2014

Kevin S.

They did not stand by their work when there was a structure issue, Nancy and Mark Benson came and checked out the issue plus brought the engineer. That was the last we heard from them. We had to hire another contractor to add additional support in the basement to support the addition that Bencar built. kim sevarino

Description of Work
Update kitchen -deck - addition added.

Category decks, remodeling, home remodeling

01/12/2014

John M.

Description of Work
Installed a pocket door from our bedroom into a spare room which will now be a walk in closet. Added a linen closet. Refinished a swirled ceiling. Job went as planned and the work was fine. However they left our front door unlocked all weekend while we were away!

Category interior painters, doors

Thank you for your review [Removed Member Name]. We're happy you like the work. We are sorry that our employees left the door unlocked and have changed our procedures to see that that doesn't happen again to anyone.

06/05/2013

James K.

Really nice to work with, enjoyed corresponding with them. They seemed very efficient and like they would get the job done well. But their estimate came in high - about 10-20K higher than the Contractor I ended up going with. When I suggested a couple of things which might reduce the estimate (i.e. engineered wood or laminate instead of hardwood, 2 coats of paint instead of 3), the response was basically and quot;noand quot;. And a bunch of reasons why they couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't do that. With no other suggestions about reducing the cost.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for renovations.

Category remodeling

Thank you for your review [member name removed]. We are sorry we couldn't make the pricing work for your budget. We explained to you why the alternatives (laminate instead of hardwood, 2 coats of paint instead of 3) were not good choices for your living situation and they were based on professional expertise and experience. We are glad you found another contractor to do the work and we hope you are enjoying your home and living in Connecticut.

12/20/2012

Diane V.

Mark and his crew took care of everything, ceiling scraping, removing the popcorn texture, taping and painting. They removed wallpaper from the bathroom walls and taped and repainted all the walls. To complete the tall walls in the den, they built a temporary structure that rested on the loft railing. They also moved all the furniture out of the house and returned it when the job was finished. I had interviewed three other contractors before a friend recommended BenCar. I felt I'd just be and quot;settlingand quot; with the others. As soon as I met with Mark,( who was on time for our appointment!), I knew I'd found the right company for the job. The deal maker was that they would work around us, and we wouldn't have to move out of the house. Mark and his staff were unfailingly polite and professional; they treated our house like a home, not a job site. The work was completed on time and on budget. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or to use them again.

Description of Work
Due to water and ice damage, the ceilings and walls of the entire top floor of our house had to be repaired. That involved three bedrooms, a full bath, foyer, living room and a den with a 20ft cathedral ceiling. Furniture had to be moved from the house into temporary storage in a POD, then replaced after the work was completed.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you for your review [member name]. We enjoyed working with you and hope you are enjoying your repaired home!

10/15/2012

Catherine A.

Bencar was fantastic. Mark and Nancy make a perfect team. When they arrived the first day to give an estimate, they payed attention to my plan and my budget and also gave great suggestions to optimize the project. Although I was nervous about starting the bathroom and kitchen remodels after I moved in (due to my tight schedule), Bencar was very careful and covered everything in plastic including our new furniture and brand new rug. They sent a detailed schedule at the beginning of the project, and stuck to it - sometimes even getting ahead. I was very comfortable having them work while I had to be at my own job, and any questions I emailed to Nancy were always met with a response in less than 24 hours. I am very pleased with the results - the kitchen and bathrooms are beautiful! Because they were so good at communicating throughout the process, the punch list was short, and completed in a timely fashion. The price was in the mid-range of the estimates that I got, but I think the customer service and quality workmanship got me a really good value for my dollar. I would not hesitate a second to work with Mark and Nancy in the future!

Description of Work
Remodel of kitchen including plumbing, new cabinets, granite counters, tile backsplash. Complete remodel of 2.5 bathrooms including replacing all fixtures, tile floor, new shower and bath. Replaced all light fixtures in house.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for your review [member name]. We enjoyed working with you as well! You had a tight time schedule and we were happy we were able to make it all work for you.

10/31/2011

BEVERLY A.

Mark Benson is a thoroughly professional contractor. And the people he hires to subcontract some of his work have the same high standards. There is always a complete clean up of the work site. I do not hesitate to have them work at our property when we are not home.

Description of Work
Various projects in our house,including redoing floors, repairing chimney.

Category remodeling

Thank you for your review (removed member name). We always enjoy working with you and we are happy you are pleased with the work we do.

11/02/2010

jeffery M.

again a great job not a nail or debris on my lawn.stairs and interior protected from damage,just a real pleasure to deal with.not the cheapest,but my wife had no worries of running out and leaving them unattended.A local small company we got a great job from

Description of Work
owner Mark came out and estimated on time and thorough.His crew and he showed on time and were neat and professional. Installed a full bay with siding change and a double window

Category remodeling

Thank you for your review [member name removed]. We are happy you were pleased with our work.

Westfhal Painting and Drywall LLC

Westfhal Painting & Drywall draws on more than 16 years of industry experience to help homeowners in Waterbury, CT improve their spaces inside and out. Work with our painting contractor to add a pop of color or hire us to swap out your siding for improved curb appeal. No matter what project you decide to tackle, you can rely on our team for professional assistance.

2022 Super Service Award

T C B Painting

We take the pain out of painting! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Star Painters, LLC

Star Painters LLC is a Painting service company in operation since 2005 in the Connecticut. Our areas of expertise is interior and exterior painting. When you work with Star Painters Contractors, you can trust that the job will be done right, the first time, every time. You will see the same crew and foreman throughout the project, and they’ll know your specifications start to finish. The job is not complete until you the customer are completely satisfied. Our crews are friendly, prompt and reliable. Our professional work will take years off the age of your home or business.

Offers by Star Painters, LLC on Angi

Room additions, kitchens, bathrooms, doors, windows, porches and decks, sheetrock repair, interior remodeling, siding & roofing.