American Excellence LLC Garage Doors & Awnings

Founded 1997 • With Angi since May 2008

15 Center St

Tariffville, CT 06081

In business since 1997. Family owned and operated. Free estimates....

10/17/2016

Rhonda C.

They needed to come back to make an adjustment. They responded very quickly and were very receptive to my request for a return visit.

Description of Work
Garage door opener and key pad.

09/30/2016

Christina D.

Excellent service. Quote was given promptly. Installers were courteous and door works and looks well.

Description of Work
New garage door

09/12/2016

John M.

They replaced both springs and also recommended replacing the rollers and cables which I agreed to do. They also lubricated the track.

Description of Work
I had a broken spring on my garage door. It happened on a holiday weekend when they were closed so I left a voice mail and they called me back Tuesday morning after the holiday and came out that day.

04/29/2016

Eric W.

Gary was great to work with. Responsive, punctual, and above all took great care in installing our new doors. I'm very pleased with the quality of his work and would gladly hire again.

Description of Work
installed 2 new garage doors.

01/29/2016

Len J.

They did a great job, the doors look great. The work was neat, no mess left, the old doors were hauled away. I had to call about a molding coming loose a couple months later, someone was here in an hour (granted I hit the timing right on the call) and fixed it up. Gary was recommended to me by Doug at Accent Windows & Doors, so I knew that Gary provided top notch service and work.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 garage doors, moved an opener and installed a new opener.

Hey [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the work. I was great meeting you. Gary

09/28/2015

Jonathan G.

Service technician called me when he arrived to job site, I could not make it in time so I gave him the entry code. He began working and I met up with him later in the afternoon to settle out. He walked me through how to use the new system, and was very gracious by waiting for me to show up.

Description of Work
Installed two new garage door openers, replaced existing units, and tuned up a bay door that had issues with the spring. Put in a new keypad, programmed three remotes.

Category garage doors

Hey [Removed member name], thanks a lot for the work. If you need us again, we are as far as the phone. Gary

06/27/2015

Barbara N.

This company was great to work with. Gary came out and met with me and the next day my old garage door was removed and the new one installed. It is exactly what I wanted -- looks great at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Replaced an old garage door

Category garage doors

Thank you very much for the work. It was a plesure doing business with you.Gary Redekas

08/31/2014

Felice C.

Installation was done in a timely and excellent manner. Plastic window inserts were brought a few days later

Description of Work
Remove and take away old 2 car garage door, install new door with opener & battery backup in the event of power failure.

06/30/2014

Mindy H.

Steve was here within a few hours of my inquiry call. Initial pricing provided at site. Follow-up with Gary for other models/pricing were promptly emailed to me. Gary came out to re-measure and test for lead paint. Steve did the install and cleaned up after work was complete. Father/Son team. Great to know you are working with the owners.

Description of Work
Installed new garage door with window, tracks

04/04/2014

Colleen K.

Very good service, very professional and most importantly the door works perfectly and no hidden fees!

Description of Work
My old garage door was not opening and closing properly and made a lot of noise. He changed all of the springs, rollers, cables and pulleys.The door works beautifully, probably the best it has ever worked!

Category garage doors

Thank you for the review. It was nice doing business with you. Gary

03/28/2014

Ruben M.

After four quotes I found Gary to be very professional and knowledgeable. He was the one that came out to perform the work before anticipated and installed a good door. He was about $170 more than my lowest estimate but he provided me a better rated door and I felt that the work would was done right. What I did not want was a random contractor or another service tech working for a company with little experience - I feel confident I made the right choice with this company.

Description of Work
Take out old garage door and installed new one, including rails, wheels etc.

Thanks a lot for your comments. They are appreciated. I wish you well. Gary

03/16/2014

Piyali S.

Great communication, very professional. The job was done on time.

Description of Work
Installed 2 new garage doors.

Category garage doors

Thank you very much for your good word. I wish you well in the future. Gary

01/25/2014

Deborah K.

I spoke with the owner, Gary, several times and he was extremely helpful and responsive. His staff did an excellent job on a very cold day. The company is terrific and I recommend their services.

Description of Work
American Excellence did lift rebuilds for both our garage doors and installed a new door opener for one of the two. .

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you. Gary Redekas

01/24/2014

Joseph D.

When I called and left a voice message, I got an immediate response from Steve who scheduled me for the following day just in time before the big freeze and a snow storm. Russ showed up on time, quickly found and fixed the problem and used the rest of the time to lubricate the two garage doors, leaving them running smoothly and quietly. Russ acted friendly and professionally. I called the office and when Gary answered the phone I thanked him for the responsiveness and the excellent experience I have had. I'll recommend this team to everyone I know.

Description of Work
Repair of a garage door that was stuck shut.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your business. Gary

01/13/2014

Luz M. G.

I was having issues with my automatic garage door not closing or opening all the way. I had to manually open it up and down. Gary, who came to my rescue was very punctual and very willing to find a solution to my problem. He offered me two solutions to choose from to get it fixed. I chose the more comprenhensive service as I wanted it fixed for the long term. But also, because of the convenience of having a remote I can use from my car, and the safety of having sensors on my garage door. I feel the price was right and reasonable. I would highly recommend Gary from and quot;American Excellence LLCand quot; to repair or upgrade your garage door. A very personable individual to do business with.

Description of Work
Garage Door: motor replacement, sensors added plus the remote control

Category garage doors

Thank you for the business. If you ever need us, were as far as the phone.

11/14/2013

Joel H.

Due to my older style garage door, the sensors were originally placed almost on the garage floor. The sensors needed to be placed higher up. Steve came out with extra long brackets and had everything fixed and running in 20-25 mins. He was like a master surgeon.

Description of Work
raised door sensors off the garage floor with longer brackets.

Category garage doors

Thanks so much for the review. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

10/12/2013

Dmitri T.

I took several quotes but gave the job to American Excellence and I am glad I did. Gary came over, explained all the options, gave recommendations and wrote up the quote. His price was competitive and professionalism just radiates from the man. Quality is very important to me as much as the price. His son was doing the installation (it is an established family business), and even though I did not meet him since I was at work during installation, I came home to the beautiful new garage doors which were installed flawlessly. Gary came over that same evening to survey the job and settle the contract. I would without hesitation recommend American Excellence.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 Garage doors

Category garage doors

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the work. I use the photos of your job in my sales book now. Gary

09/27/2013

Ralph G.

Owner Gary Redekas came out to my house at my convenience within a few days of my phone call request. Gave me plenty of information - brochures and options on products. Gave me a written estimate with a 'menu' of options to choose from (style, thickness, with or without windows, etc.) He was willing to start the job within three days (other contractors were two to six weeks out). Set the job up at my convenience the following week. His worker showed up on time. All he needed was vehicles moved out of garage, use of one power outlet. He installed two new garage doors, and one new garage door opener. Job was completed withn six hours. Worker took old doors away. New doors seal perfectly around frame and at bottom.

Description of Work
Replaced two wooden garage doors with steel, insulated garage doors

Category garage doors

It was really nice to meet and to do business with you. I wish you well in the future. Gary

08/19/2013

VIRGINIA T.

left voicemail on company phone saturday, 8/3/2013. call returned by owner on sunday, he was back from some time off, not sure if he always answers calls on sunday. said he could schedule his son to stop by monday, 8/5. quoted me $250 for job, and felt confident door could be made functional. his son showed up late next morning. all new steel assembly installed. job took ~2 hours. one of rollers was missing and could not be replaced, not commercially available. just the same, the door which had not worked in decades works so well a motor to lift the door is not necessary, a little tug and the door lifts by itself. cost was as quoted. seemed very reasonable. would not hesitate to use American Excellence again.

Description of Work
repair to nonfunctioning garage door. structure built with house; 1919. coil spring assembly, steel belts. one broken 20 years ago.

Category garage doors

Thanks for the review. If you ever need us again, were as far as the phone. Gary

06/10/2013

John D.

Responded very quickly to my call, gave an attractive quote and performed excellent service

Description of Work
Replaced garage door opener and repaired garage door

Category garage doors

Thank You! It was our pleasure to serve you.

05/28/2013

Shannon B.

Fast, friendly, knowledgable. Went out of their way at no charge to check other two garage doors to save future repairs!

Description of Work
Replaced track and hinges on one garage door and maintenance checks on other two garage doors.

Category garage doors

Hi (deleted member name); Thanks a lot for the work. It is appreciated. Gary Redekas

05/19/2013

Sarah H.

I've hired this company once before, to repair our garage doors.

Description of Work
He installed three garage door openers and a keypad, then fixed one of the doors for a nominal fee.

Category garage doors

Hi [member name removed]; thanks so much for the work. It was a pleasure doing business with you Gary Redekas

09/27/2012

Denette A.

The owner called back the day after I had inquired about their services. We scheduled an appointment. He was very knowledgeable and showed up on time. He gave us a quote which we compared with two others that we had received. He was not the lowest but we felt he was the most thorough and we decided to go with his offer the next day. His workers were able to complete the work the day after we signed the quote. They took out all the old track and cabling and replaced everything with new. They hauled all the old stuff away and cleaned up after they were finished. They were clean and professional and we would highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Replaced two garage doors with openers.

Category garage doors

Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure doing business with you. Gary

09/17/2012

Rania S.

Great responsiveness. Straight forward quote and installation. Only complaint is that removing the old wooden doors left a bit of a mess that was hard to get up in some areas. Overall, great experience. Had some minor issues requiring fine-tuning after the fact...Gary came out asap and did whatever it took to address the issue with absolutely no fuss. On the contrary, very professional -- would do business again/recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
New wooden garage doors purchased and installed.

Category garage doors

Thanks so much ror the work. It is really appreciated. Gary

06/21/2012

James F.

I called Gary at American Excellence and he was very professional. Gave me two estimates based on whether the tracks and spring needed to be replaced. It was reasonable and I mentioned I needed a new garage door opener. He quoted an additional $200 for the opener and installation. The worker arrived on time and gave me an estimate that was the same as Gary's. He told me the tracks were pretty bad, but he thought he could straighten them, which would save me some money. I appreciated that. The job took about two hours and the door works great. Very professional job. I will definitely call them again if needed

Description of Work
My son slammed down our garage door with a garbage can in the way. It is a large double door and when it hit, it bent the tracks, broke a wheel, and unspun the cable pulley. It was hopelessly jammed. They straightened the tracks, fixed the rollers, wound the cable and adjusted the spring. I also had them replace my broken automatic opener.

Awning Place Inc

Full service Awning Company with three showroom locations, 16 employees, offering free in-home consultation, Installation and the most comprehensive warranties in the industry. services include parts, repairs and up/down and awning storage.

American Overhead Door

Residential and commercial garage door and opener sales and service. We can service and repair all major brands of doors and openers throughout the entire state of CT. We pride ourselves on having the BEST service anywhere and have a huge showroom in Middletown with several doors on display as well as openers and small color and material samples. We have been in business in Connecticut for over 30 years and are experts in garage door and opener replacement and repair. If your garage door is broken, off the tracks, has broken springs or is just not working properly, do not attempt to repair the door yourself. There are components on the door that can cause serious injury if not handled properly. Call the professionals at American Overhead Doors. American Overhead Doors offers a wide selection of Clopay door styles and construction options to meet your home style and budget. From custom carriage house doors to insulated raised panel doors, we have it all. Financing available. Cost is determined by job.

Offers by American Overhead Door on Angi
    Quality Overhead Door LLC

Billy Vaillancourt began installing overhead garage doors for residents and businesses throughout Connecticut 24 years ago. He opened his own sole proprietorship, Quality Overhead Door LLC, in 2014 and is rapidly growing. The company takes pride in their work and customer service and satisfaction are their top priority. Every job is performed professionally and efficiently and the owner is on every job. Fully licensed and insured.

Residential & commercial garage doors & garage door openers, sales & service, light carpentry and Retractable Awnings.