SHANNON LAWN & LANDSCAPING INC

Founded 1987 • With Angi since January 2006

55 LUPES DRIVE

Stratford, CT 06615

Providing High Quality Lawn Care Programs and Landscaping Services at Competitive Prices since 1987. Commercial & Residential. Free estimates....

06/05/2020

Kathleen W.

Excellent. Have been using Shannon for the past several years and have never been more pleased. Their pricing is more than fair, and more importantly, they communicate with customers regularly. With each lawn service you are notified of any concerns, as well as available services and new special offers to consider. I used to do all my own lawn care, and certainly did not have the time or experience to do a very good job. Although, I still like to mow my own lawn, mostly for exercise, I now don't have to worry about the extraneous requirements of caring for a healthy lawn. I highly recommend them for anyone looking for excellent, dependable, and affordable lawn care and landscaping needs.

Description of Work
seasonal lawn care and evaluation

Category lawn treatment

Thank you so much for this positive review! We appreciate it so much!

06/02/2020

John D.

Fantastic, Shannon Lawn & Landscaping did a fantastic job but it goes beyond that, they are always responsive to any questions or concerns we have and come out and take care of any issues we may have. We have been using these folks for over five years and what a big difference we have seen to our lawn. Highly recommend these folks.

Description of Work
New lawn & annual lawn and tree treatment

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,lawn treatment,outdoor lighting

05/30/2020

Barry S.

I highly recommend Shannon Lawn & Landscaping, Inc. to anyone who wants the job done right the first time! Shannon has a complete team who are professional and without hesitation, responsible for making my yard look as good as it does. I have them do a laundry list of specialty care to my lawn and flower beds throughout the season. I truly trust their recommendations and I give them an AAA+++ rating!!

Description of Work
Complete Lawn Care and Fertilization Treatements

05/29/2020

barbara K.

Great! Their work is so good that two of our neighbors have begun using their services.

Description of Work
Reseeded lawn; mulched gardens: planted replacement trees

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment,tree service

05/29/2020

Ray W.

We began working with Shannon in the spring of 2019 with hopes of fixing some problems caused by another company. Shannon not only improved the situation, they changed the entire landscape of our property. Neighbors openly admire our lawn, which has never happened before. I can wholeheartedly recommend Shannon for timeliness, professionalism, and overall outstanding work. These guys are the real deal, total professionalism.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizing and weed control

05/22/2020

Michael M.

Shannon is a pleasure to work with and never fails to deliver on what they promise. They have transformed and maintained our half-acre property for the 7 years we've lived here and have been doing business with them. Their customer service is stellar and professional, and their crews work hard and quickly, without cutting corners. Shannon is the first place I turn for all my lawn and landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Regular mowing and edging, one-time projects, exterior landscaping, irrigation system

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems

Thank you! We really appreciate you sharing this! It helps more great customers like you find us!

10/10/2019

Helen D.

It went well. Shannon arrived on time with a full crew and went to work. They cleared all the area for replanting and left for the day. As soon as plants arrived they were at my home and worked diligently all day until it was completed. I could not be happier with their work and creativity.

Description of Work
Removal of much overgrown shrubs and weeds

09/26/2019

John D.

Mike's team lead by Dave did an excellent job, the lawn repair surpassed our expectations as the whole area looks 100% better than it did before. We look forward for when the grass is completely in and green again. As always the Team at Shannon Lawn & Landscaping did a fantastic job, the crew were great, worked diligently all day and did not leave until the job was complete. They left the yard in pristine shape and their clean up was like they were never here. I have been using Shannon for some time and I have never been disappointed with anything they have done for us, always a professional job with great results.

Description of Work
Lawn repair on large section of grass

Category lawn service,irrigation systems,lawn treatment,outdoor lighting

12/12/2018

Lucy S.

Very pleased with results of lawn appearance and weed reduction. Workers that came to apply applications were very professional and personable.

Description of Work
Lawn care application during the season

11/29/2018

Robert V.

Well, except I was charged for purging the system in the fall and I believe the first one should have been in the price to install the system.

Description of Work
Irrigation System Installation

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

Thank you for this feedback. We will consider including the winterization of irrigation systems going forward in our quotes based on your experience. We appreciate your business.

11/28/2018

Paul S.

We used someone else for years. Lawn didn't seem to be improving, so we switched. I feel the lawn has made solid progress this year. We're pleased, and we'll be using Shannon again next year.

Description of Work
Yearly lawn care (fertilization, lime, etc)

Category landscaping,lawn treatment

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride in our work and are very pleased when our customers take the time to share their experiences about our business.

11/28/2018

Elaine S.

It went extremely well. I have gotten many compliments on my front bushes and on the front landscaping in general.

Description of Work
front bushes replaced

Category landscaping,lawn service

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for sharing your positive experience about our company. We appreciate your business.

05/08/2018

Paul C.

Incredible results! I have for years tried to get my lawn to look this good, I would have saved time, money and energy if I called them in the first place. I highly reccommend them!

Description of Work
Last year Shannon Landscaping added fertilizer, seed and took care of our lawn.

Category landscaping,lawn treatment,lakefront landscaping,hardscaping

05/03/2018

Val H.

Initial contact was made via email and the response was very punctual. We then called the office to inquire about the lawn care service and one-time maintenance. The lawn care service was for 2-3 months. The office advised that they would not perform "one off" work and would need to sign a contract. When we inquired as to the company performing an estimate so we could determine if the cost would be allowable for us, the office advised "WE WILL NOT PERFORM AN ESTIMATE IF THERE IS A CHANCE YOU WILL NOT USE OUR SERVICE". How does a client do comparative shopping if a company is not willing to provide an estimate? The website advertises "free estimate" and Christine Shannon even listed the statement in the email. We, as a potential client, are confused as to when a company is willing to provide an estimate.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing and preventive maintenance

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

12/12/2017

pat T.

We were working with a bit of a time limit as we had a large party planned for the end of the month but Shannon's worked with us to get the job done. Everyone was very professional and helpful in all aspects from the design and installation to the clean-up. We are very happy with the patio that was installed. It looks beautiful! We would definitely use Shannon Landscaping again for any lawn or landscaping work and highly recommend them to anyone needing this type of work done.

Description of Work
We had a patio installed and parts of lawn repaired.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

Thank you so much for your great review and positive feedback. We were also very pleased with how nice the patio and lawn came out and were so happy that the weather co-operated so that we could complete it in time for your party. It was a pleasure working for you.

11/21/2017

Diane L.

The job was done perfectly. The team was professional, very neat, and the communication between their staff and us always prompt and clear.

Description of Work
The shrubs in our backyard needed to be replaced and others added to create a more cohesive space. Shannon Landscaping was recommended by a landscape architect friend and we couldn’t have found a better company for the job. Everyone was so professional. Their designer was incredibly knowledgeable and worked with us to create a lovely environment. The clean up was thorough and the planting was perfect. The team also created stone pathways and installed a drip iggigation system. We were so pleased with the work that we had the front yard done as well. The team went above and beyond, even cleaning and mulching areas that needed to be done but were not included in the cost. We will definitely continue to work with Shannon in the future. Thanks to the entire crew for your wonderful work.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,hardscaping

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to spread the good word about our company. We train our staff to go above and beyond and I'm happy to hear that they exceeded your expectations. Looking forward to your continued business.

11/08/2017

Jon S.

The people at Shannon are incredibly knowledgeable, professional and efficient . Cannot recommend them highly enough for commercial or residential work

Description of Work
Lawn and Landscape maintenance Lawn Restotation and planting

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment,tree service

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. It's a pleasure working with you, both at your commercial building and your home. We appreciate you taking the time to spread the good word about our family business.

10/30/2017

Julie B.

Shannon Landscaping recently did a complete overhaul of my front yard (including masonry work on steps and walkway). They were extremely professional throughout the process, and ensured I was satisfied with the work every step of the way. I told them from the beginning that I didn't want my yard to look like every other yard in town, and I wanted low maintenance easy to care for plantings as I don't have a green thumb. I receive compliments on it daily and couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for landscaping/masonry work, their team is top notch (special shout out to Dylan who dealt with all my questions along the way, he's a gem!)!

Description of Work
Complete re-do of front yard, including masonry work on steps and walkway.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thanks so much for your raving review. All of our team had such pleasure working with you and we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to completely update the curb appeal of your home through landscaping and masonry. In over 30 years in business, the before and after photos at your home were among the best we have seen. We are proud to say that we have accomplished your goal of having a yard different than any other and were so happy with the transformation. - Christine Shannon, Owner

06/09/2015

William K.

Bill and Jean K have been customers of Shannon Lawn and Landscaping for over 24 years spanning three home residences in Stratford, CT. Over those years, we have watched the Shannon Brothers, John and Mike, move their once small landscaping and irrigation company into a well- established, multi-faceted business serving residential and commercial properties. We both marvel at their ability to transform properties (ours and others) into spectacular landscapes at very reasonable pricing. Their work is nothing short of professional which means everything in the world of high customer satisfaction. Their work teams are courteous and always ready to ?go the extra mile? to make sure that we are happy with a particular project. Dependable is a word that underlines their eye for detail whether it be a small or large project, We whole heartily endorse Shannon Lawn & Landscaping and consider them to be part of our family. BK

Description of Work
Design work, planting, mulching and seeding

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

05/19/2014

Laura Q.

I highly recommend Shannon, we had a horrible experience with another local company initially. Mike and John Shannon have provided outstanding professional management for all of our projects. They have always provided a written competitive bid and follow through as promised.

Description of Work
Shannon L&L Inc., helped me design and create a beautiful outdoor living space. In 2011 they helped with a drainage issue, enlarged my patio, and transformed my weed lawn into a beautiful lush lawn. They provide annual fertilization and pest control to help maintain the turf for the past three years. Last year they installed a granite cobble stone edging to the driveway. This week we finished installing a top of the line irrigation system.

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lawn treatment

10/14/2013

Michael R.

Gave a fair estimate and got the job done well and fairly quickly. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Filled in missing soil from edge of sloped yard and seeded.

04/24/2013

RALPH P.

Set up a new appointment with Angie's Super Service award winner. Got a ROM quote that day and a agreed upon date to schedule the job.

Description of Work
Made appointment for estimate. We reviewed scope of work. I was told I would get quote within a week by email. Called one week later, he apologized and said this is busy time of year. It's now 2 wks, still no quote.

Category landscaping

We did respond to [member name removed] stating that since the scope of the job included seeding which is time critical, we had to decline to bid because we had already booked a number of projects this season and couldn't fit it into our schedule.

04/14/2013

JACQUELINE H.

Great experience. They finished the installation in one day. I have not had any problems with the system.

Description of Work
I hired Shannon Landscaping and Irrigation to install an irrigation system for my lawn. The team that came out were professional and courteous. They finished the installation in one day. Normally, I buy workers lunch when they are at my house. But, when I offered to do that for the Shannon team, they politely declined. They did at least let me pick up lunch for them.

Category irrigation systems

12/18/2012

Bubba H.

I would use Shannon again, although I had to call a couple of times over a period of week to have them call me back, and service wasn't immediate. Still, they did a fine job. I had a ton of weeds and the service technician was very knowledgeable. They came in under estimate, which was nice. This was the kind of job for which I won't really know the results until the spring, but even here in December, I can see the lawn is healthier. Waiting to see how the overseeding went. Hard to tell now. Nice people to deal with.

Description of Work
Weed treatment, aeration, overseeding, and fertilization of lawn.

09/28/2012

Jennifer B.

Mike was on time for the estimate and was extremely detailed. He noticed potential problems with the job that other landscapers I got estimates from didn't notice...things that might come up and cost me more. I liked that he was upfront and didn't just give me a low bid and then tack on a bunch of costs. He also seemed to have my best interest at heart, because he had questions about the scope of work and how it would affect other areas of the lawn. He didn't want to give an estimate until I talked to a neighbor and clarified exactly what I wanted done, since he said the price could vary so much depending on her answer. I respected that.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Mike for some brush removal and tree stump grinding. I didn't end up using this company since I had a better rapport with another company, but I was impressed with Mike's knowledge and would use them in future.

Category landscaping,lawn service,tree service

Mazzucco Electric LLC

Established in 2001, Mazzucco Electric is located in Fairfield County, CT. We are fully licensed and insured electrical contractors that provide all aspects of electrical service. Our goals are to provide responsible, skilled and courteous electrical service on time and for a fair price, Keeping informed with the latest in the industry so you the customer are informed. CT license #191080 Generator supply and installs. 2 employees. Additional email: contact@mazzuccoelectric.com.

3D Masonry LLC

We are two generation masons who specialize in European Style Masonry. With over 13+ years of experience I am confident in getting your jobs done right. Please call us today for a free estimate!

Design & Build Masonry LLC

Design & Build Masonry LLC is a construction family owned business based in Waterbury, Connecticut. We provide quality, custom workmanship for your masonry needs. We are a team of fully insured, licensed, professional contractors dedicated to producing a top quality service that we stand behind. Join our growing family of satisfied customers who rely on our one of a kind talent in bringing masonry in life. We offer high quality exterior and interior services: Stucco, Patio, Stone, Brick, Block, Chimney, Tiles, Repairs, Pool, Driveways, Concrete, Pavers etc.

Visa, Check, MasterCard

Landscape Design & Installation, Lawn Maintenance, Paver Sidewalk & Patio Design & Installation, Lawn Fertilization, Irrigation System Installation & Maintenance, Landscape Lighting Installation, Mulching & Pruning, Dethatching, Aeration, Sliceseeding, Belgium Block, Curbstone, Retaining Walls, Commercial Snow Plowing