A Kreta & Son Tree & Stump Removal

Founded 1978 • With Angi since March 2014

75 Val Dr

Stratford, CT 06614

We are a family owned and operated tree company located in Stratford, CT and serve all of Fairfield County. With over 30 years of experience our crew is highly skilled in the field of tree removal and are comfortable doing any job placed in front of us.With a certified arborist on staff we are able

05/03/2021

Bill P.

Excellent job. Very good communications. We had to reschedule the date due to rain. Not a problem. A. Kreta arrived on time. Very professional crew. Very clean and careful. I would not hesitate to recommend and hire again. Thanks Andrew and crew!

Description of Work
4 Large Trees Removed & Stumps Ground

Category excavators, tree service

07/08/2020

Fernando V.

Andrew and his team did very precise work, while removing several large tree branches that had fallen onto my garage. They used a crane and cleaned up very well afterwards. Excellent job.

Description of Work
Remove Tree Branches that fell onto garage

04/15/2020

anthony G.

Arrived on time, affordably priced, professional and friendly. One tree uprooted during a storm and leaned towards the house. Andrew secured the tree without charge before the tree-removal day. On tree-removal day, his crew identified additional dead tree limbs and removed without changing price. Trust and going the "additional mile" are two key customer goals in choosing a vendor. This company has and does both. Thanks.

Description of Work
remove tree dead limb and two trees

04/12/2020

Alttara S.

He showed up for the estimate on time, communicated well prior to appointment, but his quote came in over 20% higher than other vendors.

Description of Work
Tree removal and limb clean-up

11/25/2019

Jonathan S.

Previous tree guys took our huge old maple tree down and ground the stump to about 6" below grade. I was confused because I thought grinding the stump meant pretty much removing it almost entirely. That guy said 6" was standard and as far as they could possibly go. Two years later the stump is still there (beneath sod) so I call around and hear completely different things. Kreta comes out and says no problem we can go another 12-18" down! I ask for a quote for just a small section of the stump so I can plant a small tree. They gave me a reasonable price so I hired them... Not only did they do what they promised, they removed almost every last bit of the rest of the stump too! (this thing was huge mind you, about 4' or so in diameter) And they did the whole thing in about 30 minutes!! I would definitely hire them again, no doubt!!

Description of Work
Stump removal

09/01/2019

Ling C.

Andrew and his crew completed the job last week. They did an excellent job. They were so impressive. They were very professional, hard workers, and exactly knew what they were doing. Price was reasonable. Most important thing is they are very trust worthy and you can really count on them. Will hire again and definitely refer to anyone who needs the tree removal! Just go to them!

Description of Work
2 maple trees removal

07/08/2019

Mark I.

Excellent job! They were in and out in one day and got A LOT of work done with very little evidence that they had been there, beyond their removal of mother nature's destruction!

Description of Work
Post-Tornado clean-up of several downed trees and dangling limbs as well as stump grinding.

05/01/2019

michal J.

Great! They did a tremendous job, highly recommend!

Description of Work
Tree Removal

04/14/2019

James T.

When the job was finished, you would have had no idea that a tree was even on the property. They did an outstanding j0b.

Description of Work
we had a large ugly pine tree between our garage, a fence and another garage.. andrew took it down without it touching anything. A perfect cut.

02/12/2019

robert R.

great!!! professional and courteous..everything done was to our extreme pleasure and the price was right!!..will hire again, no surprises or overcharges...everything they said they would do was done to our satisfaction!!!..would hire again and again as services are needed..tree removal and stump grinded

Description of Work
tree removal and stump grinding

01/16/2019

Richard M.

Excellent. This is the third time we’ve used A. Kreta & son tree removal and will use them again. their work is a-plus and I definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Tree removal

11/02/2018

Danielle M.

This is a great father & son business. They couldn't be nicer. Had two large birch tree trunks (one was a tree in itself split off) removed that were overhanging the house. We also had a small stump removed and they trimmed some pine branches that hung over out neighbor's property. The total cost was very reasonable and the end result quality was perfect. They sometimes take some time getting back to you, probably because it's a family business and very busy - but don't let that prevent you from hiring them.

Description of Work
tree trunk removals

10/30/2018

Bryan S.

We hired Andy to remove 7 large trees from behind our home. He arrived on time at 7:30 am and began working. He and his crew were professional and worked hard to get the job done quickly and safely as possible. The trees had to come over the house (causing us much anxiety) but Andy walked us through the process, and calmed our nerves. I would 100% hire them again, and we will when we continue removing trees from the property.

Description of Work
Tree removal

10/01/2018

LOUIS S.

CLEANED AND CLEARED APPROXIMATELY 4000 SQ FEET OF WOODS ON MY PROPERTY WHICH INCLUDED REMOVAL OF SEVEN TREES OF DIFFERENT SIZES. WORK AND CLEANUP WAS DONE VERY PROFESSIONALLY AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS. VERY NICE PEOPLE TO WORK WITH.

Description of Work
TREE REMOVAL

07/25/2018

Keith G.

Andrew and crew were great. Work was done the day that was promised. Crew was there and ready at 8am. Everyone was very friendly and Andrew told me everything they would do. Work was done to perfection. Would hire again for any needed work. Great group of people and top quality work

Description of Work
Tree trimming

05/09/2018

Oma A.

They were very professional, prompt and efficient. Job was done excellently. I would recommend them to everyone because I was happy with the end results.

Description of Work
Tree cutting and removal.

05/03/2018

Beth B.

It went very well. In storm, our tree fell on neighbors garage. Kreta and sons, came quick, professionalism excellent, quick, and clean up was amazing. Neighbor was very happy too. My Mom is 90, and was so worried about the neighbor's property. The relief she got was worth a million...

Description of Work
Tree removal

Category landscaping, tree service

04/28/2018

James G.

Andrew was awesome and professional. He took down a 70 foot tree and had a competitive price. He was a pleasure to deal with throughout the entire process. I would look no further than these great guys to do tree work

Description of Work
Tree removal

02/14/2018

Jim N.

Excellent --did exactly as I asked in regards to the tree, cleaned up the yard. No damage.

Description of Work
Took down a tree in the backyard in January.

11/28/2017

Mario B.

Andrew is a very punctual and dependable individual. His profesionalism and diligence was very apparent throughout the entire job.

Description of Work
Pruning 2 trees, cut down 2 small evergreens, and remove 1 large fallen tree

08/29/2017

Michael C.

No complaints about the quality of the work from my neighbor. I am very satisfied with the work performed.

Description of Work
Removed a very large tree, shared with my neighbor from my premises.

08/27/2017

Russell B.

Andrew was very responsive and professional from our first meeting. He gav great advice and a very fair price so I selected him for the work. He works with his father and they are both great to work with. They are professional and very neat. There was a lot of tree debris but they did a great job cleaning up. Overall the work was very well done so I highly recommend them for tree removal and trim.

Description of Work
Removal of 2 trees, grind stumps, trim other trees.

08/27/2017

Rosangela S.

Andrew and his father were a pleasure to work with. Attentive to detail and very professional. Hard working crew, punctual and left my yards in great shape. Would hire them again without any hesitation. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Cut down 2 huge maple trees, trim front yard trees and remove shrub.

Category tree service

Thank you for the great feedback.

07/08/2017

Karin M.

My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with the job that was done. They were punctual, hard working, organized, neat and extremely professional. They left the yard better than they found it. I would highly recommend this company

Description of Work
70 foot pine trees ,other 70 foot trees and trimming large branches

03/26/2017

Todd P.

Did a fantastic job - will hire again if needed!!

Description of Work
12+ tall pine trees needed to be removed and discarded

Mark Carroll Landscaping & Stone Masonry, LLC

*2013,14,15 Super Service Award Winner* We offer Property Management, Design & Installation, Shrubs & Gardens, Lawn Cutting, All phases of Masonry, Walkways, Flagstone or Paver Stone Patios, Stone Walls, Steps, Asphalt & Paver Driveways.

Ramirez Tree Service & Home Improvement LLC

Ramirez Tree Services is a family business, which has 10 years of experience, full insurance, our staff is highly qualified to provide a guaranteed job, provides services in the state of Connecticut. (Farfield, New Haven, Milford, Orange, Greenish, Westport, Shelton, Trumbull, Stamford, Stratford). Our diverse service includes law maintenance, Tree removal, Tree trimming, dead tree removal, dead branches removal, tree pruning, stump removal, prevent excessive weight on branches that could cause them break and fall, help your trees maintain grow healthy and strong. we use specialized equipment that allows us to remove trees of all types and sizes, safely, we are available 24/7 the emergency you need tree service. Ramirez Tree Services, always trying do the best make customers 100% satisfaction guaranteed and we also offering our home improvement services as electrical installation to upgrade and put to code your electrical system, remodeling and addition to you needs!!

Timberline Tree Service

Timberline is a full service tree removal/care service. Owner and Operated by Steve DiRocco. We specialize in tree removal and fine pruning in Rockland, Bergen, and Westchester counties. As a family owned and operated business since 1995 we pride ourselves in long standing customer relationships and community partnerships. With three ISA certified arborists on staff we are confident we can deal with any tree care needs.

Tree Removal, Stump Grinding with clean up, Yard Expansion