Schede Plumbing & Heating

Open All Day
Open All Day

130-3 Lenox Ave # 3

Stamford, CT 06906

In business since 1922 offering heating & plumbing services. When you require plumbing services or installation and service of heating units, turn to Schede Plumbing & Heating. We are experts at plumbing repairs and installations as well as the set up and maintenance of heating control devices for maximum efficiency, longevity, and comfort. Why tolerate bone chilling cold in the winter or ineffective plumbing fixtures? Contact Schede Plumbing & Heating and feel the benefits of a home environment perfectly calibrated to both your personal satisfaction and your budget. Call us today to schedule your appointment....

4.4

4.1

plumbers (76)water heaters (35)HVAC Companies (24)drain cleaning (7)generator service (5)well & water pump repair (5)drain pipe installation (2)water softeners (2)appliance repair (2)gas leak repair (1)handyman (1)

12/21/2021

Andrea L.

It was fantastic. He gave me a good price. I was very very happy of the water heater. I highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Installed water heater.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/02/2020

08/31/2018

Donald Q.

Done quickly and efficiently. Arrived on time, worked quickly. Staff were polite and helpful. Estimate given within a day, installation within 3 days. The company was easy to get on the phone, and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Replace air conditioner for house.

Category appliance repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

08/18/2017

Leah K.

As a first time home owner Schede plumbing has been very responsive and professional. Schede plumbing oversaw the oil to gas conversion and installed a new boiler. As stressful as this was and every other plumbing issue in our home, Lou has always answered our calls even after hours to troubleshoot what could be going wrong. If we can't fix the issue over the phone there is someone at our home the next day. His staff, specifically, Kelroy have nothing been short of exceptional. Kelroy always comes to our home with a smile on his face and will not leave till the problem is fixed. Plumbing and heating is the last thing any homeowner wants to deal with but Schede and Kelroy make it an easier pill to swallow.

Description of Work
Conversion from oil to gas. Other Miscellaneous plumbing work.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair,drain pipe,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/18/2017

12/13/2016

RP E.

A+++++ I could not have been happier.

Description of Work
The BEST service experience I have ever had. A mere 20 mins after I hung up the phone, a great tech was standing at my door (Darrin I think?). He was knowledgeable, courteous, and quick. A previous tech from "Certified Appliance Repair" had said three things were wrong with my water heater and had a pretty big bill ready. Darting Saaed, nope, only the thermo coupler needed to be repaired. Amazing service.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/13/2016

08/21/2016

richard O.

We used Schede to replace our central air conditioner. Overall, we are satisfied with the new system and the price but the customer service was not satisfying. I think they did everything we needed in terms of the mechanical work. But they should better train their office help. After we agreed on the installation date, I asked what time the crew would arrive that morning. They gave a vague answer so I asked again the next day. But they arrived two hours later than expected. After they were done, we discovered that we needed a minor adjustment and scheduled a time for them to come. An hour after they were due, I called and was told they were not coming that day. The next day was the same – I called after they were overdue and was told they were not coming that day. They finally came the third day. The technician solved the problem and was apologetic. But it was quite frustrating that they did not come as scheduled and did not initiate the call to say they would be late or there was a problem.

Description of Work
Replace central air conditioner

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 08/21/2016

08/21/2016

richard O.

We used Schede to replace our central air conditioner. Overall, we are satisfied with the new system and the price but the customer service was not satisfying. I think they did everything we needed in terms of the mechanical work. But they should better train their office help. After we agreed on the installation date, I asked what time the crew would arrive that morning. They gave a vague answer so I asked again the next day. But they arrived two hours later than expected. After they were done, we discovered that we needed a minor adjustment and scheduled a time for them to come. An hour after they were due, I called and was told they were not coming that day. The next day was the same ? I called after they were overdue and was told they were not coming that day. They finally came the third day. The technician solved the problem and was apologetic. But it was quite frustrating that they did not come as scheduled and did not initiate the call to say they would be late or there was a problem.

Description of Work
Replace central air conditioner

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 08/21/2016

04/25/2016

Ross T.

Ralph Schede gave me a quote over the phone and said that he could have someone come and look over the job and verify the quote that morning. A short time later, a Schede employee named Clinton showed up. Clinton had everything he needed to do the job right then and there if the quote given was OK with me. I told him to go ahead and do the job. Clinton was quick and thorough in replacing/removing the old water heater and installed the new one and replumbed all the pipes. It took him most of the day but he took the old water heater with him. The only thing for me was to recycle the cardboard box that the new water heater came in. In appreciation of my help, Clinton reduced the charge by $150 which I was happy with. I would use Ralph Schede again and have recommended him to a colleage at work who needed work done on his residential heating system. As far as I know, my colleague also used Ralph Schede and was pleased with the result. I've had no issues or problems with hot water since.

Description of Work
Replacment of indirect water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair,water softeners

Work Completed On 08/11/2014

Hi [Member Name Removed], It's so nice to hear that Ralph and Clinton were able to show you such friendly and efficiently service to get your water heater replaced. We pride ourselves in delivering professional and reliable service to our customers, and we really appreciate you taking the time to write this kind review to let other users know about our service. Please let us know if you need anything else! Best wishes, Schede Plumbing and Heating

03/29/2016

Mao F.

They did a good job in general. Two guys were punctual, came over in the morning and finished the work in the afternoon. They removed my old 75-gallon water heater which was had a leak and replaced it with a brand new one. After they replaced it the new water heater wouldn't ignite at first, so there was no hot water, then I called them and one of the guys was nice enough to come back quickly and fix the problem. He even stayed for an extra half an hour just to make sure the problem does not occur again.

Description of Work
Removed my old water heater and replaced it with a new one.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 12/01/2015

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the great review. I'm happy to know that our staff was able to show you punctual and reliable service to replace your water heater, and I'm happy to hear that we were able to get back to resolve the heat issue quickly. We appreciate your support, and please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else. Kind regards, Schede Plumbing and Heating

03/07/2016

Kate H.

The plumber proposed either A-expensive option) replace the system or B-"cheap" fix - bypass the exterior pipe and attach a hose to the pump. I agreed to the price and work for adding a hose to get the water away from the house, but when I went out to the yard as he was almost "finished" I realized the hose was quite short, and not really getting the water away from the house, so I asked if it could be extended to a lower part of the yard. He agreed and added another piece of hose, but the length he added still didn't do enough. I asked if he had any additional hose, so we could get the water to reach a natural place in the yard where water runs off and he explained he would need to run back to the shop to grab it...when he came back, he added the additional hose and then charged me a higher amount ($60) for the time it took for him to run to the shop (15 minutes round trip, at max). The grade for professionalism is not for the plumber who came to the house, but the person handling phone calls and appointments is rude and unhelpful, and management's decision to charge someone an additional $60 for a piece of pipe and 15 minutes (to actually COMPLETE the job) is ridiculous. Partially my mistake, because I should have asked if there would be an extra charge for him to run back to the shop, but when he returned and added the hose so quickly, the additional $60 seemed really high.

Description of Work
Called to fix problem with sump pump (used same service for sump pump in June 2015). Needed a quick fix and didn't want to spend a ton of $$ as we are about to do construction on the house. The exterior pipe from the sump pump to gutter had backed up and was no longer working (I have since been told that the original hook up that was replaced in June of 2015, was not adequate). I needed something to get the water that was being pumped, away from the house.

Category plumbing,remodeling,water softeners,wells,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 01/20/2016

Hello [Member Name Removed], We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with our service, and we're sorry to hear that we did not properly inform you of the increase in price due to the additional hosing. We will be sure to use your feedback to better inform our customers of price changes and I assure you that we do not condone rude service, so I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to show you better service in the future. Best wishes, Schede Plumbing

02/01/2016

Christopher M.

As review grades reflect, I was generally pleased with responsiveness and professionalism. I downgraded the overall score to a "C" simply because upon researching pricing for this service with other providers, and when I checked out the materials cost online, I realized they charge a very high premium for a simple job. The work was good, and they came when I called, but the pricing was just too high - so I wouldn't use them again. I know I live in Fairfield County, but this was high pricing even by those standards.

Description of Work
Replaced sump pump and installed new one.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 12/15/2015

Hello [Member Name Removed], It's great to hear that you were pleased with our responsive and professional service, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our goal is to provide our customers with competitive and reliable plumbing work, and we appreciate you letting us know your thoughts on our pricing. We're glad we could provide you such quality service, and we hope to have the pleasure of working with you again. Kind regards, Schede Plumbing

Heating. Plumbing. Remodeling- Kitchen & Bath.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check