Raphael's Furniture Restoration

Founded 1952 • With Angi since February 2006

Antiques

All repairs and restorations are done personally by Mark DeVito. We have two finishers and six sub-contractors in the craft and restoration field....

The Gilder

Master craftsman, Luciano Colella, has acquired an intense passion and talent for the art of restoration and gilding handed down by his father, Vincenzo Colella (a skillful cabinet maker for over fifty years). Luciano has refined his knowledge and skills as a student of The School of Art and Restoration in Bari, Italy. Today, after ten years working in the United States, he offers in disposition his skill, talent and professionalism to realize the most complex projects for the most demanding clients.

All Furniture Services® Repair & Restoration - NY

The Professional Team of All Furniture Services® Repair & Restoration is capable of handling, as well as carrying everything necessary to provide immediate on-site furniture disassembling, assembling and all repairs, on wood, leather, vinyl, fabric, upholstery, restorations of antiques, metal, stone, and mechanisms. Methods and products are chosen to make their repairs permanent, invisible and to return furniture to its original or even better condition. On-site or in-shop services offered to all: Manufactures, Stores, Vendors, Warehouses, Designers, Hotels, Restaurants, Construction, Moving, Insurance Companies as well as Individual Customers. We have been at the forefront of the Antique and Modern Repair & Restoration.

05/17/2018

We could not recommend him more highly.

Description of Work
He has repaired many items for us, some antiques some Chinese, some modern.

05/24/2017

Excellent workmanship; done on time

Description of Work
Repair dining room chair

04/17/2017

excellent. Mark found a simple solution, repairs match older wood exactly. Easy to deal with, is a master of his trade.

Description of Work
repair of old chair; woodworking

05/06/2016

It was fantastic. Mark is the owner. He is incredibly trustworthy and reliable. He is a skilled craftsman. The work was superior. It was very easy to work with him and he did an outstanding job.

Description of Work
They repaired a vintage desk for me.

09/01/2015

I purchased a pair of antique wooden sculptures on a trip to Paris in May. When I received them one of them was broken completely in half! I selected Raphael's based on their great reviews here on the List and also because their location in Stamford, CT is where I spend a lot of time. Upon meeting Mr. Mark DeVito (the owner) and seeing the repair shop I knew in minutes that I had found the right p...

Description of Work
Repaired an antique broken in shipping from France

04/14/2014

It went well. The work was performed very carefully and done well. I am very pleased with the experience.

Description of Work
Repaired 3 pieces of furniture.

02/15/2014

.Mark DiVito's work is absolutely superb. I later saw him on tv working with the blonde lady who frequents Brooklyn Flea Market to find and fix treasures. You would never know he is on tv... He can do ANYTHING, beautifully!!!

Description of Work
I had a desk completely restored (including creating a missing foot, can't tell which one is new), refinished two mahogany armchairs, replaced two rush seat frames with plywood so I could make foam seat cushions, repaired a walnut side chair, repaired broken wood on an office chair; assembled cedar trunk (kit), refinished antique oak arm chair

12/19/2013

They are absolutely terrific. They couldn't have been more nice, helpful or straight forward about pricing. I couldn't have hoped for a better experience with a company. I was ill at the time and they came to my home to restore the rest of the chairs and table. Their prices were very reasonable.

Description of Work
I hired Raphaels for furniture restoration on chairs and table.

09/20/2013

Not only did someone come out to look at the job that same day but started working and finished up in less then 2 days. Quick response and great work! Would definitely recommend and use for future projects. Thank you!

Description of Work
Refinishing of Kitchen Cabinets

01/29/2013

I selected this company due to the great reviews on Angie's list. However, this company has neglected to respond to any of my emails over a period of a month.

Description of Work
Company completely unresponsive.

Category furniture repair specialist

We specialize in the repair and restoration of antique furniture and furnishings. - All Furniture Repairs - French Polishing -Lacquer -Gold Leaf Restoration -Chair Caning & Rushing

We do not dip strip furniture. We do not work on exterior furniture.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal