Dzen Residential Roofing LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since November 2006

105 Edwin Rd

South Windsor, CT 06074

Call us today for a FREE roofing consultation. We handle all aspects of residential roofing including tear-offs, installations, and repairs. 2 employees. Uses subs for varies jobs. Cost is determined by the job.

12/27/2017

Eric B.

Very thorough and responsive. Returned call promptly

Description of Work
Roof inspection

10/24/2017

Elizabeth B.

Great, he came and diagnosed the problem and fixed it right then! Easiest service experience ever!

Description of Work
roof had small leak into the attic

09/11/2017

Jodi G.

Dean told us it would take 2 days and it did. The crews were very nice and professional. Glenn explained why all the.plywood on the roof had to be replaced and did an excellent job. The only criticism I would make is that we found many nails on the ground after the crew cleaned up, but I'm pretty sure this is sort of standard for this kind of job. We would definitely hire this company again, and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking to replace a roof. Just buy one of the nonwhelled magnetic bars they sell at Home Depot to sweep the yard and driveway!😉

Description of Work
Completely replaced roof including plywood.

06/07/2017

Ken E.

I had a good experience. I called them for a leaking roof. The first time they came out they didn't see what was wrong and they tried some caulking, it still leaked. They tried that again, still leaked. They stripped some of the shingles and replaced them, and it still leaked. They came back and repaired some trim and finally solved the problem.

Description of Work
They did roof repair.

05/17/2017

Ken E.

Reponded quickly. Arrived on time. Did not see why the roof was leaking, tried caulking twice, then replaced shingles in suspect area. Still leaking. On fourth visit found and corrected the issue. Appreciate that Dzen Roofing stuck with it until the problem was soved.

Description of Work
Repaired roof leak.

02/20/2017

Iris S.

Job well done. The price was most reasonable of 3 estimates. Others only wanted to do a full or half roof replacement. There was no attempt to up sell. It was refreshing to deal with Dzen Roofing. All done in one day. Clean up was good but left some small debris that I had to pick up in the grass.

Description of Work
I needed to have some roof repairs. Replace ridge vent, remove obsolete oil furnace smoke stack, replace a damaged roof rafter, install bathroom roof vent, install similar shingles in impacted area and realign some gutters.

07/13/2016

Normand D.

It went great. They showed up on time and did everything they said they would do. They also did a complete clean up and the roof looks great!

Description of Work
They completely replaced our old roof including the shingles and plywood.

01/21/2016

Michael H.

I called Dzen Roofing and left a message asking for an estimate for replacing the sewer pipe collar on our roof. Dean returned my call within 24 hours and agreed to come out to take a look. He gave me a preliminary estimate over the phone. He arrived promptly on the day he said he would and performed the work. I had asked him to take a "before" and "after" picture of the work and he gladly obliged.

Description of Work
Dean replaced the rubber collar (boot) of the sewer pipe on our roof.

10/26/2015

Karen M.

The shingles that had been blown off the roof by severe winds were located on a peak in the roof. Dean's assessment concluded there was no leaking so the shingles didn't need to be replaced. After we spoke, he agreed to have his staff come out and do the job. It was a small job, but Dean treated me and my problem like we were the most important roof he was working on. He was timely, efficient, clean, and the roof looks great!

Description of Work
Assessed shingles that had been blown off the roof by severe winds.

08/15/2015

Elizabeth N.

Dean Pinto of Dzen Residential roofers responded within 2 days of my request to look at my roof and give me an estimate to replace the roof. Dean was the the 3rd roofer to come look at my roof. Dean looked at my roof and called me and asked me why I wanted to replace my roof. He said it looked fairly new, that I had architectural shingles on the roof that should last at least 25 years and he thought I had at least 10 more years left with the existing roof. He asked if I had a leak somewhere, and I said no. He said there was no need to replace my roof. He said there were a few areas on the roof where some shingles had come off but that could easily be fixed with the caulking. I cant tell you how elated I was. I wanted to pay Dean for his time and he wasn't interested. Dean could have behaved like the roofers who came before him and given me an estimate without commenting on the condition of the roof. I really appreciate his integrity in telling me without being prompted that replacing my roof would be 10 years premature. If I need any repairs on my roof in the near future I will call Dzen Residential Roofers.

Description of Work
Looked at my roof to provide me with an estimate for replacing my roof.

07/30/2015

Terri G.

7/20/15: Within 3 hours of starting the roof, they had destroyed an heirloom herb and vegetable garden, broken a rose archway, and buried a 75-year old flowering quince under shingles. This review will be a work in progress as the work progresses and I see how Dzen repairs the damage. 7/30/15: Dzen did not repair the damage to my gardens, I did after they had left, to the extent possible. I did get an apology from one of the owners and an offer to replace anything that had been damaged. Avoid this company if you value the plantings around your home.

Description of Work
Replace roof.

05/28/2015

Jacqueline S.

They were very busy so couldn't get to me as fast as I would of liked. They were very professional and deserve a good rating. Thank you so much!

Description of Work
They removed snow and ice packs from my roof after that no more leaks. Today they repaired the damaged shingles caused by removing the ice.

05/26/2015

Ricardo V.

Dean was super informative and very professional. He provided suggestions on how to avoid the issue and what services he can provide of the issue does return.

Description of Work
The provider took a look at the roof and gutters to determine source of Ice D***.

03/23/2015

Michael G.

He was very prompt and professional and gave us an honest assessment at a reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Dean came out and inspected our roof for damage that may have been caused by ice damming and snow buildup. We were selling our house and the buyers and bank needed assurance that there were no issues with the roof.

Category roofing, roof snow removal

12/01/2014

Cammi O.

The owner told us that his services would not be the best solution to our issue. Instead, he suggested another solution ( and another retype of contractor)

Description of Work
The owner was so HONEST that he told us that we needed another type of service to solve our issue. ( NOT HIS SERVICE) ! We challenged him and he said he would not take our $ since his services would not be needed. Instead, he told us to contact another type of contractor. What an honest man ! His quote should we have needed his services to solve our issue was very reasonably priced too.

11/28/2014

Warren W.

They did a good job for us and they had a good price.

Description of Work
We had Dzen Residential Roofing come out. They did some caulking around our chimney.

Category chimney repair

08/23/2014

roxanne B.

Dzen replaced the portion of the roof, we had the town inspector look again and found it be installed correctly. Dzen was awesome. The crew were professional and did the job in a timely manner. We asked them to install new downspouts and gutters which all came out beautiful. They cleaned up everything !

Description of Work
We had to replace a portion of our roof which was installed less than 10 years ago by another contractor, who installed it incorrectly and not within the Mancherster, CT Town Building Code, according to the Manchester Town Inspector.

08/14/2014

DONALD B.

They were on time every morning at 7am sharp. Most of the roof had 2 layers of underlayment which needed to be removed. One part of the roof had 4 or 5 layers which needed to be removed. They were here for 4 days and the site was spotless each evening. I was amazed at how well the work crew worked as a team and their enthusiasm was appreciated. For the most part, they treated my home as if it was their own. The work was very hard but I got the strong opinion that they truly liked their job. Once all roofing material was removed, plywood was put in place over the 1825 metal roof for a smooth surface. Ice and Water sheets then had to be put over the entire roof, due to the 3/12 pitch, with 3 tab shingles put above them. Once the roof was completed, 6" gutters were installed by A-1 Gutters in Manchester in a 3 hour timeframe. Their work was likewise fast and flawless. DZEN's quote came in within the same range as other roofing companies but, contrary to the experiences of other owners of historical homes that I know, the job was performed in a relatively flawless manner. More importantly, Dean and Tom listened to every question I had about the 200 year old roof and accommodated my concerns every time. Historical homes are often difficult to work on. My house has been totally renovated over the past 3 years and I waited to have the roof done last because I knew it was going to be a very big undertaking. But DZEN Residential Roofing made it seem like an easy job though I truly know it was not. For personalized care, attention to duty, and overall quality... they hit it out of the ballpark on this one.

Description of Work
My Italianate house was built in 1825 and had Yankee Gutters from that period still built into the roof. Previous owners didn't take the necessary precautions and the gutter system failed thus caused leaks around the roof's edge. It's a hip roof design with a 3/12 pitch slope. DZEN Residential Roofing was recommended to me by a friend who owns several commercial buildings. Prior to hiring DZEN Residential Roofing, I had several roofing contractors come out to appraise the roofing situation. Those who knew what they were talking about shied away from the job because they were aware it was a big undertaking. And after great research on the Internet and speaking with others in my Historical area who had similar work done in years past, it was easy to see when a roofer wasn't able to fully envision the work which needed to be done. Dean Pinto, the owner, is a no pressure guy. His assessment of what needed to be done was right on the mark and his Job Foreman, Tom, carried the project through without great complication.

07/19/2014

joshua B.

After playing a bit of phone tag the roofers came by and gave us a very reasonable estimate for the roof repair. We arranged to have the repairs done ASAP due to some bad weather that was coming up. The repairs were done on time and on budget just ahead of the storm. I'd use this company again any time.

Description of Work
We had a small leak repaired in our roof.

07/08/2014

Kathleen W.

The whole process went very smoothly. The time lines were all met. Dzen had a large crew so the work was done in a couple of days with little inconvenience to us.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof on our house.

07/02/2014

Kathleen T.

(1) The calking successfully fixed the leak and was at no charge. (2) The metal strips, to r***** moss buildup, was done by another contractor arranged by Dzen. The did good work, were prompt, and our communication was through Dzen-charge $270.

Description of Work
(1) check for hard to find roof leak. As nothing obvious he calked any obvious bolts, like on plumbing exhaust, and we monitor it. (2) Later we asked for metal stripping to prevent moss and staining on roof.

06/30/2014

Thomas P.

Dean Pinto of Dzen Residential Roofing provided me a fair-priced proposal in March, 2014. Due to delays in my closing date, the work was performed in June. Prior to the new roof, I had significant leaking in an enclosed porch. Dzen's crew took special steps, not all outlined in the contract, to insure that the leaking area was fixed. This work and the installation of two bath roof vents that they allowed me to purchase from Home Depot were completed for no additional charge. Rick, the job foreman, and Dzen's workers did an excellent job installing the roof and cleaning the area of debris each day. Throughout the process, Dean communicated with me promptly and professionally.

Description of Work
Dzen removed two layers of shingles and replaced the roof on my ranch house.

06/15/2014

Janet S.

excellent work. done as described within the time frame discussed.

Description of Work
replaced rusted hangers and reattached front gutter

05/23/2014

Gordon B.

All went very well. They were able to do the job fairly promptly; they showed up on time as agreed and completed the work in three days. The roof looks great and the clean-up afterwards was excellent. The proprietor, Dean, and the foreman, Rick, were a pleasure to deal with. Their price was noticeably lower than competitive bids.

Description of Work
Removed a double layer of roofing materials and installed a new roof.

04/18/2014

Lydia D.

Dean was incredibly fast to respond and perform the estimate. He was very clear, concise, professional and his price overall was excellent. He was incredibly sympathetic to our urgent issue of water dripping into the upstairs bathroom. He arranged his schedule to come with a few days. He said a dumpster would arrive around 7:30AM and his team would be here shortly afterwards. The dumpster arrived at 7:25 and his team arrived around 7:50. His crew were all very friendly, professional and wasted NO time getting to work. By 8:15, the roof area was completely stripped and they had finished the entire job by noon. The true test came that night when we had a major wind/rain storm that lasted through the next day. My bathroom ceiling remained completely dry. I wouldn't hesitate to contact Dean again or recommend him to anyone. He was incredibly responsive, answered all questions, professional, knowledgeable, great prices, commits and follows-through. Top that with a great sense of humor and you have a perfect combination.

Description of Work
We had a significant leak in the roof on the back dormer that was damaging the upstairs bathroom. The entire area needed to be stripped and re-shingled.