Dalene Flooring Carpet One

Founded 1949 • With Angi since July 2006

4.4

Dalene Flooring Carpet One has been serving Connecticut families and communities for over 66 years (since 1949). We're a third-generation family business with close ties to the communities we serve. We're committed to providing only the finest floor products and installation, backed by our Beautiful Guarantee®. Our Beautiful Guarantee lets you purchase the flooring of your dreams and makes sure you are 100% happy with your choice - but if you're not happy, we'll replace it for free! (see stores for details). Our Installation team are certified as 5-diamond Installation Excellence members and are evaluated on each and every job to insure that that they are providing first-class service. Dalene Flooring employees two on‐staff designers to help you design your entire space from the floors to the paint selection and the use of their expertise is complimentary to our customers. Dalene Flooring Carpet One is part of a Co-op. With a Co-op business, you get expertise without compromises - selection, pricing, and a vested interest in your community....

EP Floors LLC

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in hardwood flooring services, we guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Bart's Floor & Tile

2nd generation of flooring expertise! Tile, carpet, vinyl/vinyl plank, wood and more, just ask!! We do high end, and custom work too and will work with you and help to get the perfect design you want. Don't throw your money away on big name company's that just check a job off their list, I care and put pride into all the work I do. My prices are fair, and the work is exceptional!!

SOUSA'S FINE FLOORS

~ Sousa's Fine Floors refinishes all types of wood floors; sanding floors to the raw wood and coating with top grade floor finishes. Rooms in residential, non-profit, commercial and new construction are refinished. ~ Sousa's Fine floors has the stellar reputation of offering Premium quality, craftsman work at very affordable prices. I am able to offer excellent pricing because of my low overhead. My advertising costs are kept low because of referral and repeat business. ~ Stairs, porches, gymnasiums, re-coats, new construction, rehabs, and rooms of any size are regularly done. ~ Discounts are offered to realtors, Seniors, and those mentioning this listing. We are currently in the process of moving so we are between 151 Taylor St, Granby, MA and 23 Vigeant St in Ware.

06/14/2017

Emelie D.

Robin in Manchester store is very patient and knowledgeable. She took time to make sure our questions are fully answered and she returned every email and voicemail messages. Installation was done efficiently and professionally.

Description of Work
Did both carpet and vinyl tile

01/23/2016

Amy P.

Couldn't be happier with our experience with Dalene's. Rob was a pleasure to work with! He was professional, knowledgeable and involved with every step of our project. I would highly recommend this company and will use them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Installed new hard wood floors (living room and kitchen), sanded and stained existing hard wood floors as well as stairs

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

12/04/2015

Jeffrey S.

We didn't use their services. I contacted them to get an estimate and they never called me back. I sent them emails, he was supposed to get back to me with an estimate. I called him twice and sent him emails twice. He didn't respond at all, so I was extremely dissatisfied with them. They were supposed to set up an appointment to come do an estimate. My guess is, it wasn't a big enough job for them, so they ignored it. It was the owner of the company that I spoke with initially. Chris Dean is the owner of the company that I spoke with personally. I called him twice, left messages, and sent him two emails, and he never got back to me.

Description of Work
Dalene Flooring Carpet One was supposed to give me an estimate.

Category carpet installation

This was for a commercial carpet bid not a retail client. Our Commercial Sales Associate, Chris (not the owner) got in touch with the customer and apologized for the miscommunication. This was a commercial job for Bradley Airport, there were plans given to Chris but he was waiting on information from the customer on clearances before providing a proper bid for the job. We're hoping with the apology and understanding of what was miscommunication, that the customer would address the rating that was given based on it not being a retail job.

10/17/2015

William B.

Rob in South Windsor store handled the selection and ordering process very professionally. He came close to matching a lower price from another vendor, but we went with Dalene because of his professionalism and the assurance of local quality control. Rob, himself, measured the room and explained all of the steps necessary to prepare for installation. We took care of removal of old carpet and baseboard trim. After delivery of materials on the appointed day, Kendall, the installer, came the next day. He was friendly, professional, and very experienced at his job. All sawing was done in the driveway to minimize dust. He completed the entire installation and cleaned up by noon. The installation was perfect--no flaws. We would use this company again for similar jobs, provided that they send Kendall to handle the installation!

Description of Work
Dalene installed new laminate floor with cushion in family room of approximately 300 sq. ft.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

04/14/2015

Robert V.

Great price, good follow up, courteous and professional. I deal with hundreds of contractors each year inn my profession and these guys were right on the money.

Description of Work
Laminate Flooring

02/23/2014

William F.

The installers were pleasant, courteous and skilled. We are pleased with result.

Description of Work
Three bedrooms carpeted. They removed/replaced furniture for carpet installation.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

10/29/2013

Christopher W.

installation date: 10/18 promised, 10/25 scheduled. Requests for an earlier installation were forgotten. Installation process: 2 hours scheduled on invoice for installation. 4-5 hours was announced at arrival. 6.5 hours to completion. First installer was bogged down, a second arrived and worked for an hour, then left to start another, important installation. baseboard strips sufficient for only one room came with the order. Part of that room was not covered with baseboard. Extra pieces were removed. Dalene promised to remedy situation.

Description of Work
installed vinyl flooring in two bathrooms

Category flooring contractor

Let me know just say, your sales associate said it was a pleasure doing business with you. We are sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with your experience. I would like to just acknowledge some of the points you made to hopefully clear things up. As far as timing of the installation, you're right, the installation could not be moved up. Our installation coordinator worked with your sales associate to try to move up the date however the schedule was completely booked. It's always a challenge to keep our schedule on track to make our customers happy but also we make sure the installation team has an adequate time to do each job well. We did bring in a second installer so that he could help while he waited to get to his second job which later that day. The work in your home was a one day job for one installer but our installation manager felt since there were two bathrooms, the extra hand would be helpful. I understand that there was a confusion as to whether to use wood base or vinyl base but either way, we did in fact resolve that issue. With this review, you are helping to improve the services we provide. In a family business especially, our clients are extremely important to us and I hope you will re-consider us in the future. Thank you, Steve Dalene

10/14/2013

kathleen C.

f soso. The salesman was very courteous and professional but the installers ran short of tiles and I had to wait for about 4 weeks to have the entry hall completed. the installers did a fine job of installing tiles and were professional, skilled workers.

Description of Work
removed old ceramic flooring in kitchen entry hall and bathroominstalled new porcelain tile in above 3 areas

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Unfortunately, the space was measured incorrectly and we did in fact run short on tiles. Everything you said was correct with that and we are very sorry for that pitfall. It doesn't happen often but when it does happen, it takes very precious time to get the material in from the manufacturer, even with a rush on the order. I'm glad that you were pleased with our installation work and I hope in the future that you can reconsider doing business with us as what happened in this situation is rare. Thank you, Steven Dalene

10/09/2013

Ellen C.

good.Salesperson at WH branch was very lax on follow thru for quotes and schedule. Disappointed that original floor material had been discontinued after sales person said was available. Overall experience was not very

Description of Work
professional instillation.very neat and clean.

Category flooring contractor

We sincerely apologize for how delayed the follow through was for your project. We are not looking to make excuses but there was a family emergency and that sales associate went on leave (without much warning/follow up with jobs). Once we found out about this, we tried hard to remedy the situation and were able to provide the same color and wear layer on the product that had gotten discontinued however the difference was the core was thinner (which would not effect the longevity of the product). If there were any follow up questions or concerns, you do have my cell phone. I hope for your next project, we can prove to you what the Dalene Difference is all about. Thank you, Steven Dalene

09/08/2013

Richard L.

WE USED DALENE FOR A LARGE NEW HOUSE AND THEY DID A GOOD JOB BUT WOULD NEVER COME BACK FOR SERVICE AND FINE TUNING AND STEVE DALENE REFUSED TO EVEN RETURN OUR PHONE CALLS

Description of Work
DALENE FLOORING

Category flooring contractor

• Flooring Installation • Conventional or Dustless Sanding & Refinishing • Complementary Design Services: In-house Designers • Carpet Binding • Residential, Builder & Commercial Flooring • Hardwood Floors • Bamboo & Cork • Carpet • Ceramic Tile • Vinyl • Laminate • Marble and Granite • Area Rugs • Stair Runners • Heated Floor Systems • Financing • Healthier Living Installations • Armstrong Elite Showroom • Floor Care/Maintenance Products • Exclusive Warranties

Carpet Cleaning (but we can refer a professional)

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available