Better Air

Founded 2008 • With Angi since August 2011

1265 John Fitch Blvd Ste 9

South Windsor, CT 06074

Better Air professionals go above and beyond what is required in the air duct cleaning industry. Our certified and trained professionals provide HVAC system cleaning services that meet and exceed what is required by the National Air Duct Cleaning Association (NADCA). With certified badges such as Air Systems Cleaning Specialist (ASCS) you can rest assured that Better Air professionals can restore your HVAC system back to its peak efficiency, leaving the air in your home and/or business clean, fresh and healthy. Additional phone number - (860) 372-4539....

07/03/2018

vladislav B.

one of the worst experience ever dealt with. we were told we went to receive a call for a minutes prior never got the call. the technician was very insisting on buying an additional services that I specifically said we will not buy it since my parents are retired and on a strict budget. after we turn away the additional services and only agreed on basic 399 services technician notified us that he will be back in 5 minutes and never came back. When we called the main office the supervisor were horribly rude and unprofessional. Main point is if you don't buy an additional services for $500 they just leave without even telling you.

Description of Work
duct cleaning request with animal removal.

07/13/2017

Susan H.

Terrific! Kenny arrived on time, discussed the options and pricing and, began working immediately. He showed me pictures on the inside of my duct work before and after he was finished. He also cleaned my dryer vent which was completely full.

Description of Work
Duct cleaning

07/04/2017

Pat F.

Very prompt, polite, and did a great job in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning.

Category dryer vent cleaning

03/29/2017

James P.

Fair to fine

Description of Work
Duct cleaning

03/23/2017

Dan C.

Very nicely done. Mario H. Was very professional and showed me all his work. He was respectful of the home and very pleasant. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Duct work cleaning, system cleaning, and sanitizing.

10/19/2016

james D.

Overall Very Good. Left a little bit of clean-up behind, but not terrible. Price was good, performed services as quoted.

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning in home.

10/04/2016

Deitra B.

Did a great job, missed 2 registers. For the price they shouldn't have missed any.

Description of Work
Vent duct cleaning was done.

08/05/2016

Beverly M.

Jonathan and Danny arrived promptly and were professional, friendly and explained everything as they went. I had been given a rough estimate by Steve after explaining my set up and my problem and the firm estimate was within a couple dollars. I was able to get an appointment the very next day. Jon and Danny taped up registers so there was absolutely no dirt of mess in the house - they finished up in about 3 hours and my house is cool and smells great! They found closed ducts in several places that had no external controls - which was causing limited air flow to some registers. My AC had been working like crazy to keep my house cool when air was only coming out 2 or 3 registers. I have never been so happy with a service call in all my 62 years. Jon and Danny were very professional and great representatives of their company

Description of Work
cleaning of air ducts for air conditioning - also no air flow from some of the registers

06/24/2016

Benjie H.

06/02/2016

Dan F.

You're lucky the minor flood caused by your technician happened where it did or you'd be paying for restoration. I am completely happy with the duct cleaning that was done at my Portsmouth, RI home on 30 March 2016. But unbeknownst to me, in the basement, the technician unplugged a condensation pump associated with the air handling unit so that he could plug in his equipment. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but he failed to plug the pump back in and I did not discover it until today. The duct cleaning was done in March so our home's air conditioning wasn't being used. As such, there was no condensation so the unplugged pump was not noticed. However, now that the weather is getting warmer the air conditioner has been running and now there is condensation...which wasn't getting pumped up to the drain...and flooded out onto the basement floor. We were out of town over the Memorial Day weekend but since it was in the basement...it still went unnoticed until today. Fortunately there was no serious water damage and I was able to remove the several gallons of water using my ShopVac. I just hope that you identify which technician did this job and impress upon him how this could have been a pricy mistake. Sincerely, Dan F. Portsmouth, RI

05/21/2016

Lee M.

Technician arrived about 90 minutes late. Performed air duct cleaning, took about 2 hours. I don't believe the tech covered any of the vents during cleaning. He had to cut 2 access panels in the duct work in the basement for cleaning. After the tech left, I began a closer inspection and noticed the metal shavings (from cutting the access panels) all over the floor as well as the scrap metal. The new piece of ductwork used to cover the new access panel was not fastened correctly, (wasn't attached flush) so it kept causing the tape to let go. Had to adjust and re-tape. Also the few seconds of sanitizer sprayed into one access panel seems hardly worth the $129. Better Air charges top dollar for their services and I just did not expect to have to spend 20 minutes cleaning up after them and re-taping duct work.

Description of Work
Cleaned air ducts, applied sanitizer.

05/09/2016

Daniel W.

No work was done they would not honor the quote given over the phone

Description of Work
Quote changed 220 dollars from the phone and when someone came to do the work. Of course they said they didn't have 2 air handlers in there notes. Well there notes had the wrong house number also.

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience, our office rep may have made a mistake with the number of units. When our Technician got to the home we explained this to the customer and left an estimate. We have service thousands of happy customers and that is why we maintain an A rating. But we cannot give away 3 hours of work. We did not perform any work only an estimate.

12/14/2015

Hollien R.

There were things they did not do that they should have, but again if you follow them around to make sure they follow up or do what they are supposed to do then they are fine. He seemed to know what he was doing, he was just floppy in the end.

Description of Work
We used Better Air for air duct cleaning.

11/23/2015

Michelle and Dennis T.

I called Monday, Oct 19, they came the next day ,Oct 20. I was very pleased they were able to schedule immediately. Mario, the tech arrived a few minutes early. He introducrd jimself, explained what he was going to do and was polite. He reviewed the job and gave me a quote. I was working from home that day and I was not very available to him. He tried to have me walk through and see what he had done, but I didn't have time. So I signed off. When I became free, I walked around and looked. At each vent, there was a lot of debris and mess. Downstairs in the basement where he worked on the furnace and trunk lines, there was bits of trash like empty tape rollers and packaging strewn about. If I had walked through with him, I would have pointed it all out and hopefully he would have cleaned it. The office manager called me shortly afterwards to check on the quality of the job. I told him overall it went well, but there was a mess left behind. The manager was mortified and wanted to send the tech back. The tech called me, he was already far away and I didn't force him to come back. I figured I would clean it more thoroughly than he would have anyway. So I was happy with the job he did. But I didn't like the mess he left behind. The mgr tried to make it right. If I had been able to do the walk through, I would have had him fix it. So I give them an A overall and a B for professionalism for the teach leaving the job that way. It took me a while to write this review bc I couldn't decide between an A or a B.

Description of Work
The provider came and cleaned heat vents and dryer vent. They cleaned the three trunk lines, all the vents, sprayed mold killer and installed a uv light which will kill mold spores ongoing.

11/05/2015

Mark S.

Even though this was a bit more expensive than we anticipated the results were excellent. The amount of dust, cat hair, dander, etc. that was in the vents and returns were incredible. The technician took before and after photos of the returns as he cleaned them so I could show my wife. He worked for hours and carefully cleaned all of this and then cleaned the heater/air conditioning unit. There was mildew on the coils in the furnace and he treated that problem. Bottom line: my wife who was using her inhaler (for allergies and asthma) almost every night prior to the vent cleaning has not needed to use it more than a few times since then. We have recommended Better Air to several folks we know and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning, cleaning of mains, blower housing cleaning, A?C coil cleaning and treatment of all interior air passages with mildicide.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

05/20/2015

Rochelle G.

John called me first to say he would be running late. He came over and did an excellent job very polite and well mannerd. i was very pleased.

Description of Work
cleaned my dryer vent

12/30/2014

Randolph S.

Took the tech about 4 hours do a complete cleaning. a lot of construction debris was found in the system from when the house was built in 2003

Description of Work
had to clean att duct Had to clean all ducts had 3 main lines. Cleaned all air ducts as well as the 3 main lines

10/21/2014

Barbara M.

The technician was a little late, through no fault of his own---lots of traffic. The technician's name was Jonathon DeMaio. He was a friendly, pleasant, knowledgeable very nice young man. He explained every thing that he would do, and was doing. I was pleased with the service

Description of Work
Vacuumed all air ducts-cleaned out air return--did a wonderful job cleaning the furnace, which had not been done for many years

10/06/2014

Rosamaria B.

Marcus (the technician) called to let me know he was on his way. He came on time and was polite and professional. He spent about 2 hours at the house, and showed me before and after pictures of my ducts. What a difference! The previous owners were heavy smokers and there was soot, dust, and nicotine in there before and they were sparkly clean afterwards. A great value and a must for people who have recently purchased an older home! Thanks!

Description of Work
Called them to get a quote on duct cleaning about a month ago and the woman on the phone told me about a special they had going on. 89 for all ducts and 99 for each trunk line. This seemed too good to be true, but when I checked Angie's List, they seemed legit so I called them to make an appointment last week.

10/30/2013

joyce C.

I saw an ad in the Boston Globe for a special on duct cleaning. I checked Angie's list for reviews and decided to call them. They set up an appointment for 10/24/2013 and said they would come between 12.00pm and 1.00 pm . Mario came and did a great job.The ducts had not been cleaned in years and the last company that cleaned them did not do a great job. Even my husband has remarked how must better the air is. Also Mario show me how my filter was not working in my furnace . I had my lifetime filter serviced this year and it still was not working . He let my husband know what kind of filters to buy and cleaned the furnace . I was glad we had them come and do the job . He asked before he did anything and gave us a price to do the work.. I would use them again .

Description of Work
air duct cleaning and cleaned the furnace.

09/06/2013

Arlene L.

He was very prompt, showed my husband just what condition the vents were. and also had my husband inspect the work when done. HE WAS VERY POLITE AND HELPFUL. After the work was done he cleaned up so complete that you would never that he was here.

Description of Work
He cleaned all the air vents perfectly and also gave us tips on better filters and where to buy them.

07/25/2012

Christa C.

Better Air did a remarkable job cleaning my duct work. The service men were exremely neat and clean as well as personable. They explained what they were going to do during the estimate and showed and explained step by step when they did their work. They did not try to sell me unneeded services. I will definitely use them again in the future. My blower for my heat/AC has never run so quietly since they have finished.

Description of Work
They cleaned all of the duct work in my home, both supplies and returns. They also cleaned the blower in my furnace.

06/20/2012

Janet E.

We ran into a glitch. They had ordered the UV light and then when it came in we were in a bind had to have some duct work done by our furnace guys for another reason entirely and initially we thought we were going to have to cancel the order on it, but they were really great about it and they just worked with our furnace guy and everything went smoothly between the two of them. They did a great job. We were very happy with them. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I used Better Air LLC for air duct cleaning and also installation of UV Microbe Killer lamp.

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal, dryer vent cleaning

03/09/2012

L James L.

This operation is essentially an over-priced rip-off. The service performed, which took only two hours plus, and moved only a small portion of the real dirt in the ducts for which a charge of $400 would have been more than adequate. I have warned a number of number of neighbors about this company and they will not be using its services. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They purposely over estimate the charges and over-bill for the services rendered with a minimal improvement in the air quality and duct cleaning results.

Description of Work
We contacted Better Air of Windsor in response to an ad in Monday’s Courant advertising a $75 special with free dryer vent cleaning. The ad excluded the main trunks and also indicated the main trunk lines would have to be cleaned in order to receive the special price. I figured on paying at least five times the quoted special price above but the final bill was ten times that price at $758. Of that I was charged $170 for cleaning the furnace which took maybe 20 minutes although the furnace did need cleaning. The technician appeared in a company truck with a company uniform on and devoted most of his effort to the outflow lines. When he had concluded he said that, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 the worst, our ducts were probably a 3. The primary pollutant was sheet rock dust remaining from the basement finishing job last year and the year before. We had upgraded the furnace filter to a model ten times more efficient than the standard filters and I suspect that this greatly reduced the contaminants in the ducts. The tech said that ours was the fourth house he had done here in our development so others, including at least one resident of our street, had previously had their ducts cleaned also. Also, the main trunks in these houses are made from fiberglass lined preformed ducts-they are not metal. The fiberglass interior lining is very rough In texture and does not clean-it holds/embeds the dirt/dust and is not cleanable except for very light, loose material. Bottom line, did it help-maybe some. Was it worth the money paid? Absolutely not and we will never have it done again. The technician said he thought I had five main trunks and charged me for four- I think I have only three.

08/15/2011

Janet E.

He was good. Overall it went terrific. I responded to an advertisement for a summer special worth $79.95 for unlimited vents and returns. It did turn out to be more expensive than that because there were extra trunk lines that had to be done. It was for a unit in my condominium that I'm getting ready to put on the market. I think the ducts were probably never cleaned before and so it was a big job. The guy was absolutely right on time. It was very easy to set up the appointment with them. He showed me what he was doing every step of the way and he did just a really great job. I paid him $220 which I was very pleased with for the amount of work that he did. He also did the dryer vent cleaning and it was a long vent. So I really appreciated it. I will probably use him for my home soon. I will definitely use his services again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Better Air LLC. I last used his services about three weeks ago. He cleaned my air ducts in my condominium. He also did the dryer vent cleaning and it was a long vent.

Category dryer vent cleaning