We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

A Just Improvement LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since October 2012

PO Box 459

South Windsor, CT 06074

A Just Improvement LLC is a dynamic and results-focused local business with solid qualifications in overall Home Carpentry & General Improvements. We are a Customer Service oriented Company with the Customer's satisfaction being our number one priority. Currently accepting BTC and ETH payments !!...

08/10/2018

Walt S.

Justin did a great job at our home. The demolition work was a big job followed by preparing the new floor, installing and grouting new tile and adjusting several doorways. Justin was always on time and always prepared for the day's work. He was very clear what work would be completed each day and always kept our interests in mind to make sure we were as comfortable as possible living in our home while he was working. We now have a reliable contractor we can reach out to anytime we need work completed.

Description of Work
Remove existing tile floor and install new tile floor, fix doorways.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, woodworking

08/07/2018

P F.

Justin was great. He called us same day and was here to help us out within a half hour. He was very professional and saved a couple of senior citizens from the heat. I will definitely hire him again when we need a handyman. This old house will need him. He removed the old unit from a window at the top of the stairs and installed a new air conditioner so we will be cool again. He was the only one to call us back for the job. One other person texted to let us know he wasn’t available to do the job but we asked 5 companies for a price quote during the week before we called Justin. Justin called back, he was able to squeeze us in and we got the job done same day we called him for a quote.

Description of Work
An old air conditioner removed and replaced with a new unit

01/18/2018

Stu or Vicky G.

Excellent! In order to install 4 safety /grab bars in our bathrooms, we first needed additional studs and wood support added. Justin opened up the walls, added studs and plywood as needed where the bars were to be installed, then closed up the wallboard and completely finished it (tape, several layers of spackle/mud, several rounds of sanding), then installed the grab bars (which we had purchased separately). Justin was very responsive, on-time, and professional, and cleaned up carefully. Finished product is exactly what we wanted. Would definitely call him again.

Description of Work
Installation of safety grab bars

Category contractors, handyman service

11/07/2017

Stephen B.

This is the second time I’ve used Justin. That alone should say how satisfied I am with his services. He is responsive and finished everything we discussed/contracted in a timely and efficient manner. His prices are reasonable and and his work quality is excellent.

Description of Work
Interior painting of windows

Category handyman service, interior painters

10/30/2017

Stephen B.

Justin did a great job removing the old (really old) microwave and installing the new. The old one was installed in an odd manner and he was able to remove it and got the new installed without any major difficulty. He kept me informed of what he was doing and allowed me to make decisions when needed. Definitely will use him again or recommend him to others. Clean up after the job and left everything orderly.

Description of Work
Remove old microwave and install new.

07/08/2017

Kathleen Q.

All in all Justin did a superb job. All quality work. His communication was fantastic from answering all my calls and texts to consulting me on choices that needed to be made. He would give his opinion but it was clear I was the boss of the project. A really great guy to work with. He even shoveled snow off my driveway, twice!!

Description of Work
Justin totally redid the inside of my house. The kitchen gutted. He installed new floor, cabinets, lighting and appliances. He took down wallpaper in all the rooms and gave them a fresh coat of paint. Two bedrooms had the hardwood floors refinished to stunning perfection. He laid new hardwood floors in 3 rooms and a long hallway. He remodeled the master bath which included expanding the shower stall, all new fixtures and floor. Guest bath included new floor and vanity. He even hired a company to reglaze the old pink tub which came out beautifully. He turned a sitting room back into a bedroom by adding a closet.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

05/02/2017

Nicholas K.

Justin did tiling work and minor wood working on my house recently. He came out and provided in estimate after work and time frame to when he could start and how long it would take him. Justin arrived on time each day and was always friendly, respectful, and pulled myself or my wife in when any decisions or issues came up that we did not discuss. Justin did good quality and honest work for a reasonable price. I would use him again in the future and recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Justin did a tiling job for a large sunken family entry way room and mud room. He did a herringbone pattern in the main room. He also replaced a window stool and apron.

Category ceramic tile, woodworking

04/27/2017

Rachel P.

He was punctual, professional, a great communicator, he left to acquire parts and came back promptly to complete the work. A+!

Description of Work
I called Justin on the morning of 4/26/17. He called me back immediately and we then texted back and forth to set up a time for him to come give us an estimate. He said he had some time available later the same day. He showed up at our home, before I did and definitely on time. We had a leak from our bathroom into our basement, a leaky kitchen faucet and a closet door that was falling off of it's hinges. He fixed all of it, utilizing the cheapest solutions first, and was very trustworthy and transparent about pricing etc. He even offered to talk to my husband on the phone whenever was convenient for him to better explain what he did etc. I would absolutely recommend him and I would hire him again!

Category contractors

04/03/2017

Debbie S.

Just was complete in a few hours and looks great!

Description of Work
Hang bathroom cabinets, towel rods, attach a basement door that had come off. The price was reasonable, Justin was professional and the work was quality. I will be using Justin again for sure. He's my new carpenter!

01/02/2017

Wei G.

Excellent! I will definitely seek for Justin's help again in the near future regarding other miscellaneous home improvement needs!

Description of Work
Toilet installation, door bell & lock installation, etc.

12/22/2016

Eleanor V.

Justin came out the middle of October to measure for the washer and dryer surround and the sink and counter. He left samples for the counter tops. He was to send us an estimate the next week. Contacted him via text when we did not hear from him and learned that we would have the estimate at the beginning of the next week. Never heard back from Justin. Texted him and called him, leaving a message to let me know if he was still interested in doing the job. Sadly, I did not receive a response. I had hired Justin in September to complete a job and was very pleased with his response time and workmanship and gave him a good review. Needless to say, I was very disappointed this time.

Description of Work
Complete a laundry room renovation by enclosing the washer and dryer and adding a counter top. Also, adding a sink and counter top to the cabinet located next to the washer and dryer.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

10/17/2016

Steve K.

Good communicator, reasonably priced, showed up on time, completed the work to our satisfaction and cleaned up after himself. All positive - will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Basic carpentry work

Category contractors, handyman service

09/22/2016

Eleanor V.

Justin returned my call within a day (called Saturday, he returned my call Sunday). I gave him a description of the closet to be worked on and sent him pictures. Within an hour I had an estimate and when the job could be done, which was that Wednesday. Justin texted me Wednesday morning to let me know he was on his way. He arrived on time. We talked about possible placement of the new clothes rods. The job went very smoothly and I was very exceptionally pleased with the outcome. What I particularly liked was that Justin used materials from the old closet (we are in an historic area) where needed. He also came prepared with 2 brackets for the longer rods -the brackets were not necessary but would be able to support a heavier clothes load. We discussed the pros and cons and decided to add the brackets. He left the job site clean and even put the clothes on the new rods. Justin is a very nice, competent young man. It was a pleasure doing business with him, so much so that I have him returning to fix the ropes and weights in our double hung windows and to revamp our laundry room (needs a sink and counter over the washer and dryer).

Description of Work
Removed shelving and rods from small closet in an older home. Installed 2 longer clothes rods (upper and lower) for more room.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

09/15/2016

Donna W.

Justin was very quick to respond, provide an estimate and to fit us into his schedule. The work was completed as promised at a reasonable price. Justin was a pleasure to work with, was very knowledgeable and performed quality work. We would definitely work with him again and recommend him to others!

Description of Work
Kitchen repairs included removal of cook top, vent, cabinet and part of counter and also patched wall to prepare for oven installation. Also, garage door opener needed repair.

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

09/15/2016

Donna W.

Justin was quick to respond, give an estimate and to fit us into his schedule. The work was completed as promised at a reasonable price. Justin was a pleasure to work with, was very knowledgeable and performed quality work. We would definitely work with him again and highly recommend him to others!

Description of Work
Kitchen repairs including removal of cook top, vent, cabinet and counter top and patching of wall to prepare for installation of oven/range. Also, garage door opener needed repair.

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

09/11/2016

Patricia L.

Justin is responsive and responsible. I would not hesitate to recommend him or hire him again. Our kitchen table is nice and sturdy again, and our deck looks great. $20 for the table, $550 for the deck.

Description of Work
We needed a kitchen table repaired. Justin answered our call promptly, fixed our kitchen table the very next day for a very reasonable price, and then we asked him to stain our deck.

Category decks, furniture repair, handyman service

09/10/2016

Greg D.

Justin exceed every expectation I had for the job. He responded to my initial request for a quote promptly and fit me into his schedule very quickly. I greatly appreciated the detailed photos Justin took of the two-day project at each step; initial removal of rotted sections, installation of new framing members, waterproofing, installation of new siding, and final re-installation of the decking. Working with Justin was an absolute breeze, I am looking forward to hiring him for more projects around the house. I have already recommended him to many of my coworkers and friends.

Description of Work
Replacement of rotted cedar siding, sheathing, sill plate, and band joist due to an improperly flashed deck installed 10 years ago. Repair also included new ledger flashing for the deck, weatherproofing, and installation of pvc board along the base of the siding.

Category decks, handyman service, siding, woodworking

09/06/2016

Renee M.

Justin exceeded my expectations. He was prompt, quickly identified the issue and offered an immediate solution on the spot and fixed it. In and out in less than 30 minutes. The price was more than reasonable. I fully intend to bring him back for more services and would not hesitate to refer him to my friends and family. Exceptional work and pleasant to deal with.

Description of Work
I needed a repair to a lower cabinet that became damaged where my cutting board slid out.

08/27/2016

Cecil H.

Justin responded promptly to my message and was on-site within 24 hours. He started the repair the following morning and completed it in stages (installation, filing, sanding, finishing ....) over the course of the day. Since it is a popcorn ceiling, he was also realistic about the probable success of painting/blending the repaired area with original paint job. He could have done his best and charged me - possibly still resulting in the whole ceiling being painted (that part of my ceiling runs the full length of the house across 3 living areas). He was honest and didn't want to take the chance. Would definitely use again and would recommend.

Description of Work
Replace damaged piece of drywall in ceiling (fill, sand, finish etc...) (about 24 x 18 inches).

Category drywall, handyman service

08/23/2016

Susan K.

Justin from A Just Improvement, LLC was A-mazing!!! He replied to my job inquiry in 23 minutes... 23 MINUTES!!! He offered to take a look at the job the same afternoon, and ended up finishing the work in less than 30 minutes. He was professional, personable, and knowledgeable. And, the his price was VERY reasonable. Can't wait to work with him on future home projects. 😊

Description of Work
Hang a display cabinet on the wall.

08/19/2016

Christopher W.

He was fast, professional and thorough. He did the work right away and far exceeded our expectations. The quality of his work is excellent. We plan to use him for several other projects in the near future.

Description of Work
Justin installed a new they the wall ac unit in our master bedroom including external bracket, sealing and trimming of the wall opening as well as fixed the railing on our front porch

08/09/2016

Chuck A.

I needed someone in an emergency. I had never used Justin before. Looked at the job and did the work within 24 hours of the time I contacted him. He did a great job at a very reasonable price for the work that needed to be done. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Part of an outdoor deck needed to be rebuilt.

06/09/2016

Janna W.

I left 2 separate messages roughly a week apart and didn't receive a call back.

Description of Work
Never returned my calls

04/24/2016

Jean G.

Justin was courteous and professional, flexible and accommodating, knowledgable and skilled. He was an excellent communicater who clarified each task to ensure we both understood what was to be accomplished and he worked diligently and thoroughly and gave us every minute for which we paid. He did not waste a moment. We will definitely use him again and again! Quality workmanship and quality human being!

Description of Work
We gave Justin a list of tasks to be completed. He installed new outdoor flood lights, installed new outdoor light fixture, changed outdoor light fixtures and all exterior flood lightbulbs, including 3 stories up; did a gutter assessment to determine cause of an overflow problem and corrected the issue; installed wire mesh on fencing and aligned gate properly; moved large rock; and fixed loose nails in deck because he saw they needed it. Had him come back another time to put up Christmas lights on the house.

01/14/2016

Sarah B.

Justin was on time, explained what he was going to do the time it would take . Worked very clean .

Description of Work
Trim work in kitchen . Just had tile laid and needed trim around the island and cabinets.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

ASVI Home Improvement

ASVI Home Improvement is a family owned Home Improvement Company with over 10 years of experience in our field. We specialize in all aspects of home repairs, including: Interior and Exterior Painting, Drywall, Plaster, Remodeling, Home Repairs and Handyman Services. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority! Please call us today to schedule an estimate for your home improvement needs!

TimberWolf Contracting LLC.

I am a licensed and insured Home Improvement Contractor with 30 years of experience in Home Improvements, Remodeling, and Repairs. We are a family owned business with my son working alongside me as a professional interior and exterior painter with both residential and commercial experience. Our attention to detail and workmanship is top-notch. We are reliable and will do whatever it takes to "make it right" for you.My professional abilities as a Handyman and Woodcrafter include but are not limited to the following: All types of flooring installation to include tile, laminate, and wood, wood floor refinishing, basic and finish carpentry, drywall installation/finishing, interior and exterior painting, kitchen and bath remodeling and repairs to include counter tops and , roofing installation and repairs, deck installation and refinishing, siding installation, masonry work, , window and door installation/repairs. We do a little bit of everything to include power washing. Please feel free to contact me with any questions in regards to any project s you have outstanding and would like to complete Make a list if you have numerous small items and give me a call, "No job is too small or too big". My rates are comparable but more often lower than my competitors. I have worked with area realtors on homes that required TLC and the results were outstanding. I pride myself on client satisfaction and look forward to working with you to turn your house into a home.

Westfhal Painting and Drywall LLC

Westfhal Painting & Drywall draws on more than 16 years of industry experience to help homeowners in Waterbury, CT improve their spaces inside and out. Work with our painting contractor to add a pop of color or hire us to swap out your siding for improved curb appeal. No matter what project you decide to tackle, you can rely on our team for professional assistance.

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly