COLLEGE BOUND HANDYMAN

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2008

441 TOLLGATE RD

South Glastonbury, CT 06073

BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR 7 YEARS. MOST ADVERTISING IS WORD OF MOUTH BECAUSE WE DO GREAT WORK FOR A FAIR PRICE. OUR EMPLOYEES ARE WELL MANNERED AND COURTEOUS

06/09/2011

Patricia C.

He seemed very professional. His quote was the highest among others. He was going to do more job as well like sand with the belt sander for some of the handrail. He knew what he was doing. He has season guys to do the job. I would rate him high overall. I probably not consider in using him in the future mainly because he was very highly priced.

Description of Work
College Bound Handyman just came out and gave an estimate in April for deck maintenance and pressure washing. The estimate was about $3450.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing

11/04/2010

Claudia P.

Josh presents well. There was a misunderstanding concerning the bill. The job took much longer than agreed. Josh did the electrical work for installing the bathroom fan. I ended up finishing the ceiling myself because I lost faith in what he was reporting. I hired an electrician to check the electrical work that Josh did and spent 200.00 to have it corrected. Lesson learned for me only let an electrian do electrical work get a morevexact written estimate from a contractor so there will be no wiggle room. Josh is a very polite person

Description of Work
Replaced the bathroom ceiling and installed a ceiling fan

Category contractors, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service

08/12/2010

Joe M.

We spent less than $5,000 on that work. Last summer he really redid our entire bathroom which included the flooring and carpentry. I think that Josh is inventive, reliable and reasonably priced. He does very, very good work. It is a great company and he is a great kid.

Description of Work
We use College Bound Handyman for handyman work. The last time we used him was maybe 3 weeks ago and he did some repair work on our garage.

07/19/2010

paul S.

provided creative ideas, especially for back yard; made a point of warning me when they discovered that the "extra" floor tile I had really did match what was already laid down in a previoius job; very young fellows, but manifested a professionalism beyond what one might expect.

Description of Work
repair floors; cut and install shades; install lattice under deck in back yard

Category flooring contractor, handyman service

04/22/2010

Joan S.

They started last Wednesday and they are 95 percent finished. They had to order the quarter round and they are waiting for that to come in. We had bought the flooring ourselves before we called them and the place where we bought it didn't have the matching stuff. I can't say enough for these guys. In the condo building that I live in, they can only work from 9 to 5. When 9 o'clock comes they are here and they leave around 5. They clean up when they go. Everything is put aside. They are so considerate that they asked me if I wanted them to put the couch back where it was. When they had to do under my bed, they took the mattress and everything off and laid the flooring. When I came back, not only had they put the mattress back on, they had even made the bed. They are young guys. I am 74 so everybody is young. You would want them to be your son. They are just so wonderful and so considerate and they have done a wonderful job. I just cannot say enough. I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
College Bound Handyman tore up the rugs that were in my condo and put down laminate flooring.

Category flooring contractor

09/27/2008

Joe M.

The handyman arrived on time, did a professional job in the estimated time, and cleaned up before leaving. I expect to give them further work in the near future.

Description of Work
This job entailed repairing water damage to a small bathroom floor in two places, then laying laminate I supplied over the entire floor, and finishing with molding and caulking as required.

Category flooring contractor

07/07/2008

Jon R.

College Bound Handyman is a team of college students skilled in home improvements as well as other services such as power washing, minor plumbing/electric, painting and landscaping. All the students I spoke with were raised in families where one parent was a contractor. From the call to the end, all the contractors were polite, professional and on time. Josh arrived on time to provide a quote. His quote was less than half of others I had received. The team arrived exactly as stated. I can be very picky about work done and any suggestion I made was implemented by the contractor. The work was finished on time and on budget, even with my additions. All work was completed to my satisfaction. In fact, their attention to detail was better than several 'professional' contractors I have used in the past. These guys were great, polite, and did a great job cleaning up after themselves. I have already recommended them to my neighbors for small painting, drywall and minor carpentry work.

Description of Work
I had repairs done to my deck including repairing a step, a new exterior light including wiring a switch, lattice skirt added and replacing an oak flooring board that was damaged by another contractor.

Category contractors, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, deck cleaning

ENGINEERED WOOD INC

Bellingragh Bros Landscape & Design LLC

With over 11 years of professionalExcavation, utility excavation, retaining walls, propane and septic tanks, property grading, lawn maintenance, land clearing, drainage, landscape design

Build-All LLC

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime once you see our quality work. We're passionate about delivering an exceptional experience. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting value to your home. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

HANDYMEN SERVICES, CARPENTRY, WOOD WORK, BATHROOM REMODELING , LIGHT PLUMBING & ELECTRICAL.

LAWN & YARD WORK, HEAVY ELECTRICAL.