A-1 Windows & Doors LLC

Founded 1989 • With Angi since March 2008

7 Herman Drive

Simsbury, CT 06070

A1 windows & doors LLC was established in 1989 in the Farmington Valley and still to this day operates from the Farmington Valley in our new state of the art showroom. A1 windows & doors is owned and operated by David Urbach, who is still 27 years later, one of the installers for his company. All of our installers are employees of the company, not sub-contractors. We specialize in the complete line of the year 2015 compliant energy star rated windows and doors, as well as many styles and colors of vinyl siding. All of our windows are doors are backed with a minimum of a 20 year warranty....

07/25/2020

James H.

Daniel replaced a dozen wood casement windows for us with new vinyl clad ones. The windows he replaced were 20 year old ones from when the home addition was constructed. The other windows in the house were replaced about 15 years ago and Daniel was able to almost exactly match those. He provided the best price and his team was quick and efficient. They did a great job and the new windows are perfect.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category decks, replacement windows

02/09/2019

Erhard K.

I spoke with them on the phone and they gave me some good advice. Very cordial and honest. Door started working again by itself, so no one needed to come out.

Description of Work
Door not closing

07/22/2018

Joseph D.

Flawless. David and his GM Danny were a pleasure to do business with. Responsive, professional, courteous, and considerate. Did what they said they were going to do, and when they said they were going to do it. A refreshing experience in light of some of the sketchy businesses / tradesmen that I've encountered in the course of doing multiple home improvement projects this year. I would recommend A-1 Windows & Doors highly, and without hesitation.

Description of Work
New front storm door, and new storm windows for our living room and dining room

06/15/2018

Katie T.

Superior customer service, polite, great value! I've had window work done by 3 different companies at this point and David has been the best. Worked with my budget, style, size, everything! Could not be more pleased upon finding him!

Description of Work
Replacement windows

06/13/2018

Rebekah M.

I was blown away by his recommendations for less expensive options. Very professional, and friendly! If things need replacing in the future, I will definitely use this company, and will highly recommend them to all my friends!

Description of Work
Front door and 2 windows replaced

05/31/2018

Victoria K.

From start to finish this group was excellent. There was constant follow up and they were punctual. The owner, Dave, was on-site for the start of the job and the employees he had were on-time and professional. They were quick and clean and excellent. My windows look great. At the end of the job, the owner was again on-site to inspect the work. I had a follow up question he answered as well. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced 21 windows, 4 basement windows

11/21/2017

Jan W.

A-1 Windows owner, David Urbach was true to his quote and commitment. The team of 2 guys, Smitty and Tom, were professional, courteous and paid attention to detail. They worked hard and completed the job in two days as promised - 20 windows later. They cleaned up after themselves both inside and outside of the house - awesome couple of guys. Job well done! Thank you.

Description of Work
Total house replacement windows.

09/20/2017

Mark A.

Dave was very pleasant and knowledgeable. When we gave him the go ahead, he was back to make detailed measurements of all the windows and scheduled an installation date about a six weeks out.. His crew showed up for the installation and completed the job in one day. The crew did a very decent cleanup. Dave then came by to review the operation of the windows. We did have one window that had the wrong spring size installed at the factory. We contacted Dave and in a couple of days he showed up and replaced the spring with the proper size. We are very satisfied.

Description of Work
Replaced about 20 original old windows and storm windows with vinyl windows.

07/23/2017

Cathy L.

We would highly recommend David and his team to anyone. We are very happy with the quality of the windows and the service was exceptional. Smitty and Jason installed the windows and did a phenomenal job. A-1 Windows & Doors is a great company and we are very happy customers. It was a pleasure working with David and his team.

Description of Work
New replacement windows were installed throughout our entire house.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for the nice review. It was truly a pleasure to do business with you and your husband. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. Thanks Again David and the Team

07/17/2017

Dan A.

Excellent - Dave and his team professional and straight forward. From the initial meeting and all the follow-up questions, everything was thoroughly explained. He worked with us and kept us informed every step of the way. We visited his showroom to take a detailed look at the windows that would be installed (full size vs. sample). They worked hard to ensure they started and completed at the initial time that was committed. Smitty and Tom were very professional answering all my questions while they installed. All 15 windows were installed on the first day and all the trim was completed the second day. They cleaned up each day before they left. Finally the price of the job was very reasonable. We were very impressed from start to finish. My wife and I have shown the work to friends and family and family. We plan on using A-1 when its time to replace our front door and storm doors. When we have additional work to be done, we will be reaching out to Dave and his team as they were outstanding. A++

Description of Work
We needed 15 replacement windows.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the confidence you showed in our company. Please let me know if there is anything you need. Thanks David

05/01/2017

Lori P.

The owner was extremely responsive and the workmanship was excellent. Will recommend them to other members.

Description of Work
Doors and Windows

01/28/2017

Nolan S.

The overall experience was amazing. From the initial quote where Dave went above and beyond and provided material specifics and suggestions on DIY projects around my house. His knowledge of the products he sells stands out from his competitors. His contractors are equally personable and performed high quality work. An absolutely perfect experience.

Description of Work
A1 Windows & Doors replaced 10 windows.

01/18/2017

Michael T.

Outstanding service both before/after installation. Crew is excellent. Calls returned promptly. Concerns were addressed immediately. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replacement windows throughout house.

01/13/2017

Robert M.

Excellent job. Well Done

Description of Work
Replace 28 windows in 50 year old Colonial house

12/12/2016

Barry E.

We are extremely pleased with the entire interaction with David, the owner, and the entire process. I had the opportunity to speak with several companies that do replacement windows, and each person/ company I spoke with impressed me as being competent and probably able to do a job that that I would be satisfied with, but I chose A-1 because David clearly was the most knowledgeable and I was pleased with his asnswers to my concerns about the method of installation and insulating the old weight wells. I wanted whoever would do the job to install the windows from the outside to save disruption of the interior stops and trim. I also asked the method that would be used to install the insulation. Others that I had spoken with either wanted to lnstall from the inside or offered to changed their method to accommodate me. That was welcomed, but A-1 told me that they only install from the outside, and the reasons matched perfectly with my thoughts. The windows and cladding were successfully installed in one long day by a terrific, well tuned crew of very pleasant people. I can highly recommend A-1 Windows of Simsbury.

Description of Work
We had 20 dbl hung vinyl replacement windows installed. In addition, all of the exterior window trim, casings, sills, etc, were wrapped with a quality vinyl coated aluminum. Also the old window weight wells were filled with fiberglass insulation.

09/14/2016

Philip R.

Price was comparable, if not the best, in town. Hard, reliable, nice group of workers. Respectable, professional. Quality of work A+. A month after the door was installed had issues with the door latching, as it had settled. Owner came over the very next day and fixed the issue. The most important thing, in my opinion, is that they stand by their work. Will correct any issues swiftly if they come up. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows and new front door.

08/28/2016

Kathleen V.

We needed a door adjustment ( the door was not installed by A-1) and Dave was out within two hours and fixed our door. We had another door installed by him also and it has been great. His responsiveness and professionalism has always been wonderful. He is truly interested in good customer service. Prices are competitive with other companies. Will be our "go-to" person from now on.

Description of Work
Door adjustment and new door.

06/20/2016

Jen C.

04/21/2016

Kathryn K.

My experience with A-1 was a complete pleasure. David Urbach was a professional from start to finish. As first-time home buyers who are also very inexperienced with making major home renovation decisions, he was great about walking us through all of our options in a way that made us feel comfortable and knowledgeable. He presented us with several scenarios for types of materials and styles we could choose from, and his pricing seemed reasonable compared to the quotes we got from competitors. Once the actual work got started it ran like clockwork. His team worked quickly without being messy or sloppy, and aside from a minor delay due to the weather the entire transformation of the windows and exterior was finished in a reasonable time frame. They cleaned up their materials every day, and David always stopped by at the end of each day to make sure things were looking good. I really appreciated the care and concern he had for the project throughout the experience. I highly recommend their services and will be using them again when we decide to change our doors and get a new roof!

Description of Work
Installed replacement vinyl windows throughout our newly purchased home, removed wood shingles and installed new vinyl siding on the entire exterior.

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

01/25/2016

Ryan B.

Best experience I have had with a contractor. He came when he said he would, presented several affordable options, and never pushed unnecessary items. While waiting for special items to ship, he kept in touch and was quick to get the work done when the items arrived. Always answered or called back. Very satisfied with the quality of the work.

Description of Work
Replaced two windows.

12/28/2015

Norman H.

A-1 came to my home and explained the different storm doors available. He explained the benefits of each model. We chose and door and he said it would take 4 weeks. He called me on the specified date and we settled on an installation date. The promptly came on that date and installed the door.

Description of Work
Replaced my storm door with a new storm door.

07/27/2015

rick P.

They did a great job Quick clean professional

Description of Work
3season porch

Category doors

01/04/2013

Jane B.

Excellent! Professional service, excellent craftsmanship, cleaned up, and great guys

Description of Work
Replaced windows and patio slider doors

12/03/2012

David T.

Dave is great. He gave me the only reasonable price I could find for the job. He was always on time for both sales and installation. He measured, did the estimate, and performed the work with his employees. The work was done quicker than estimated in 2.5 days. The Alside Promenade doors he installed seem to be of very high quality.

Description of Work
Dave added four custom sized, 3 panel sliding glass doors to enclose my breezeway, and installed a door to create a new closet in an unused space in my garage.

03/11/2008

Mark B.

It went very well. David came to my home at the appointed time with a sample window and answered all of my questions before giving me an estimate for the project. I feel bad that I did not hire David because he seemed to be a real honest, hardworking, straight-talking guy. The only reason that I did not hire A-1 was that I found a more local company that was just slightly less expensive. The window that A-1 was selling is probably slightly better than the window that I am going to have installed, so the slight increase in cost may be completely justified. Point is, if you are looking to replace your windows, I would definitely give A-1 a chance.

Description of Work
No work was performed. I just received an estimate.

Frittaz LLC

Frittaz LLC is a small growing business specializing in Vinyl and laminate flooring installation. As an owner operated business, I pride myself in giving the best customer service possible. My work will speak for itself! I look forward to working with you so give me a call or click for an estimate today!

CENTRAL CONSTRUCTION CONCEPTS

DBA: EcoView Of New Haven is a premiere full insured and service contractor the operates out of Wallingford, CT. We pride ourselves on high quality work and precise attention to details. Call today! How We Got Started We started in this industry in 1988. Company started in 2015 We describe our business as Family owned and operated What separate your company for the rest As your local EcoView dealer, our commitment is to serve the community with the highest quality

Offers by CENTRAL CONSTRUCTION CONCEPTS on Angi
    Action Windows & Siding LLC

Action Windows & Siding, LLC is home improvement/construction corporation organized with over 20 years in manufacturing, engineering and installing experience. Our extensive product line we have formed partnerships with over dozen of the leading manufacturers in our field. This allows us to offer an even larger selection in wood, vinyl, composite, aluminum and steel windows and doors.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Vinyl replacement & new construction windows, wood replacement & new construction windows, siding, storm products, porches, enclosed 3 season rooms & kitchens, patio doors. entry doors

roofs