Armstrong Moving and Storage

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2011

10 Turnberry Lane Unit 4

Sandy Hook, CT 06482

Armstrong Moving and Storage, an agent for Schneider Van Lines, is a family owned and operated Local, Long Distance, International and Commercial Moving Company. We have been A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau for almost 10 years. We are a well respected name in the moving and storage

05/22/2021

Joe K.

No show!!!! Armstrong Moving did not show up for the job. Don't bother hiring them, they are not reliable, cannot count on them.

Description of Work
Local moving (30 miles), mattress, table from storage to residence.

01/26/2014

Eileen S.

I liked the fact that this was one of the first companies to reply to my request for an estimate. Staff was very nice. I personally spoke to & got advice from the owner Ivan & really appreciated it. I did feel a bit pressured by them to accept their estimate. Armstrong had the best price for my move but could not meet the dates & schedule I required so I ended up using another company.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for a long distance move

01/23/2014

Stacey V.

The guys showed up as scheduled and worked thru until they were finished. Very nice and professional.

08/26/2013

Susan T.

Fine no issues. I reviewed and submitted a review for this more than a year ago.

Description of Work
move a small amount of household items from NY to OR

03/05/2012

Holly N.

Erica (one of their reps) has been out several times, they have brought me out boxes and paper and she is wonderful, she helped me come out to pack things. I have never had service like this before.

Description of Work
They are currently in the process of moving us.

02/14/2012

Jeffrey W.

They charged me $11,000. They were very professional and very responsive to my particular situation. The people that they had sent to pack my things were incredibly professional and they knew what they were doing. They were very responsive, polite, and tidy. The account executive, who coordinated everything, was very professional and very responsive. I could get a hold of him very easily when I needed to. I had received 2-3 quotes from other companies. I chose this company because of the representative. I felt more comfortable with him. I would use them again if required.

Description of Work
I used Armstrong Moving & Storage, seven months ago. They helped me move.

08/30/2011

Emil C.

The owner came to estimate the move cost; his estimate of the weight and cost was lower than an other BBB rated mover, so we selected Armstrong (part of Stevens World Wide Movers) based upon the estimate and assurance of quality. Days before the scheduled move, the van broke down, so owner sent a medium and smaller truck and several packers. We specifically identified high value and fragile items to the packers. Evidently, most of the packers could not understand English. We later discovered that some cartons contained comingled items (e.g. items from 2nd floor were packed in the same carton with items from the 1st floor, and identified vaguely in incorrect English spelling. Moreover, many fragile items were inadequately protected, (and were broken and suffered damage) while cheaper, less fragile items were overly protected with several sheets of wrapping. Clearly, the packers were inexperienced (or unqualified). Because the owner underestimated the size of the move, the medium and small trucks could not contain all of our contents. Late on the second day, the driver realized that the small truck was inadequate, and he borrowed another medium truck from a second company. The smaller truck was unloaded, and items reloaded and jammed into the second medium truck. The trucks left at 2300 hours; unfortunately, some items were left behind, and several items were.damaged due to the squeezing. After the movers unloaded at the destination and left late in the night, we unpacked and discovered that many items were damaged, and some were missing. We submitted an initial claim to Stevens Corp HQ in Saginaw Michigan. On balance, Stevens' allowed dollar judgements for the damaged items were fair, however they refused to acept our claim for the missing items (since we could not provide proof of loss ). We finally unpacked all of the boxes several weeks after we submitted the initial claim, and discovered more damage and missing items, but Stevens would not honor these additional items.

Description of Work
Thsi was a move of the contents of a two story colonial from New York to Rhode Island. We have moved similar quantities about six different times via different movers from different states. This clearly was the most stressful and difficult move. I would not recommend this mover. The Stevens Corp claims adjuster was thorough in her research of the value of the damaged items. After several attempts to increase the claim after we discovered additional damaged and lost items, we finally 'gave up' and reluctantly accepted their intiial amount to end the process after several months of negotiation, - but we still maintain that we should be compensated for the missing or lost items. The overall settled dollar amount was not unreasonable

Samonas Prime Moving & Storage

Relocating is much easier when you hire Samonas Prime Moving Storage to help you. Even when you're just moving across town, we provide complete local moving services. From storage containers to reassembly of larger furniture, we do the work that saves you the time and effort. Moving to another state or across the country comes with a completely different set of concerns. We handle all of your long distance moving services that include shrink wrapping furniture and safely transporting your automobiles. You don't have to build a storage shed to have that extra room you need. Instead, let us provide you with mobile and warehouse storage. Containers and units are available in a variety of sizes to accommodate your belongings. To request a free estimate for any of our services, call us at (631) 821-1438.

MHO MOVERS

MHO Movers is an experienced and trusted partner for all of your local and long distance moving needs. Through the years we have performed thousands of residential and commercial office moves, made thousands of furniture deliveries, provided packing and crating expertise, and suggest sensible storage solutions particular to your needs. Piano's and high value artwork are one of our specialties, and we can also get your belongings safely and afford-ably to any overseas destination. We have six skilled longtime employees.

Affordable & Assertive Moving & Storage LLC

Our business is our livelihood but it is also so much more. Affordable & Assertive Moving & Storage LLC was started to fill in a void in the current market and to make a business that people can place their trust in. Over the years we have never lost our commitment to our clients and that is what has allowed us to succeed in a very competitive industry. The employees of Affordable & Assertive Moving & Storage LLC stand committed to our purpose and will provide the best service!

Offers by Affordable & Assertive Moving & Storage LLC on Angi

Apartments
    Auto Transportation
    American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Discover
    Satisfaction

Local Moves, Storage, Long Distance Moving, Commercial Moving, Residential Moving, International Moving, Storage Services

We will not move flammable items, plants, foods, alcohol, and other items as per regulation of DOT both intrastate and interstate and international. Storage is not self storage and is not accessible to clients 24hours. Please be advised any homes or buinesses infested with rodents and/or insects will not be moved or stored.