Stewart's Lawnmower

Founded 1993 • With Angi since November 2011

9 Glastonbury Ave

Rocky Hill, CT 06067

We are a family run business. Sales and Repairs for Lawnmowers,Snowblowers,Chain Saws,Blowers,Trimmers any small engines. We take pride in our repair services. We also have pick-up and delivery service for surrounding towns....

03/30/2021

Michael L.

Stewarts is the place to go! Very honest, trustworthy and humble owner. Willing to do whatever it takes to make you successful. I always go to him for any issues that I have with any outdoor equipment regardless of size or age. Case in point: I went to Mike (Owner) with a 30-year old Ariens Rototiller for the garden. It needed a new linkage mechanism to hold/control the throttle mechanism, which would require dismantling and draining the engine to access the pin that had fallen inside the block. Mike took a look at the assembly and said "Why do you want to pay me 2 hours labor + parts to fix this old and tired motor? Go to Harbor Freight and buy a replacement Predator Motor and not only will you have a completely new, stronger, and improved motor, but it will end up costing you less than I would charge you to fix this machine." Sure enough, I went to Harbor Freight and bought a 7 HP engine that bolted up perfectly to the original engine mount (replaced a 3 HP engine), and the pulley shaft was exactly the same 3/4 width! I pulled the old pulley off the old motor (be sure to spray the shaft and the set screws on the pulley with liquid wrench solvent and let penetrate), unbolted the old motor, cleaned the engine mounting pad of old grease/oil, installed the new engine with the same mounting bolts, filled the crankcase with 1/2 quart of oil, filled the gas tank, and it started with one pull! Thanks to the repair shop owner’s honesty and guidance, I now have a "reborn" machine with twice the power it had before! The Predator Engine fit so well on the frame that it looks like it came that way from the factory!! My Mother-In-Law asked if it was a new machine, and I said "No -it's just a new engine." Thanks for everything Mike!!!

Description of Work
Throttle Linkage Assembly on my Arien Garden Tiller

07/30/2018

Jack M.

Outstanding in every respect from ease of setting appointment to pickup / delivery at my home to repairs in 2 days to and making payment by phone. Cost was appropriate and repairs were top quality. Friendly and professional during what I expected to be a busy time for service.

Description of Work
The mower assembly on the tractor was off balance and blades were damaged, needing replacement. An oil change was also needed

04/10/2017

Laura R.

Outstanding service provided.

Description of Work
Quickly diagnosed the root cause of my mowers steering problem and fixed it properly. He picked up and returned the mower as promised. No hassles whatsoever. I also felt he charged a fair price for the overrall service me repair.

02/05/2016

Rick L.

They came to my home and picked up my snow blower for service. The problems were it was hard to start and was running rough. It also seemed to lose power. It was repaired and delivered back within a week. It now runs better than I ever remember it running. Starts on the first pull and runs very smoothly. All for a very fair price. I highly recommend Stewart's Lawnmower.

Description of Work
Repaired snow blower.

07/30/2015

Richard D.

Description of Work
Lawn mower would not start. They checked and cleaned fuel lines along with cleaning of carburetor and jets. | |

04/30/2015

Sean M.

Description of Work
Snow blower tune up

02/23/2014

Robert S.

They came and picked it up for us on a Tuesday, just when they stated. They had originally estimated they would be able to repair it (assuming they had all the parts they needed) and complete the tune-up by Thursday or Friday the same week, which I thought was very reasonable. But when we found out we were getting another big snowstorm on Wednesday night, they called us to let us know that not only had they completed the repairs and tune-up faster than promised, but that they wanted to get it delivered back to us before the snowstorm on Wednesday (just one day after they had picked it up from us). It was a huge relief to get the snowblower back so quickly and very considerate of them to work so hard to get it back to us earlier than promised so that we would have it in time for the storm. Plus, on Thursday, after the storm, the snowblower worked great and even better than it had in years. I'd definitely use them again for any snowblower or lawnmower repairs or tune-up and would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
I called Stewart's Lawnmower to fix the cable controlling our Snowblower's blades (it had snapped in the last snowstorm) and provide a tune-up for the Snowblower. Since I had no way to get it to them, they also picked it up and dropped it back off for us.

01/16/2014

Wayne S.

...

Description of Work
...

Knife sharpening
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Sales & Repairs for Power Equipment-Lawnmowers,Snowblowers,Leaf blowers,Chainsaws,Trimmers, Generators,Hedge Cutters