GENERAL PAVING & CONSTRUCTION

With Angi since July 2006

1218 CROMWELL AVE

Rocky Hill, CT 06067

General Paving & Construction Corp...

10/15/2021

Chris W.

I can't recommend General Paving more highly. We worked with Bobby, one of the owners, and his entire team of pros. We had a long gravel driveway, and now it's beautifully paved. They did a fantastic job listening to our needs, proposing a great solution, and making it fit our budget. They were conscientious, reliable, did everything they said they would do on time and on budget. One of the best home improvement experiences we've had. They did such a good job that I'm kind of disappointed that I won't need their services again for another 25-30 years!

Description of Work
Paved our gravel driveway

07/07/2016

Dino P.

Disappointed with service, but looks ok. Completed job in time noted. When I spoke to gentleman for a quote, John, stated they would evaluate base material then determine if gravel would be needed. Apparently it didn't in their opinion. However, what I saw was a lot of sand and round stones as an old base that to me should have been removed/replaced. It tracked in my garage and house for about four weeks. Two neighbors using different contractors right now have had old asphalt removed and gravel bases put down. I think it was a very poor choice to not lay gravel down and probably an expense I paid for, but didn't receive. Also, I found that a shrub next to the driveway was burnt, don't know if it will survive. This contractor also removed a pay loader bucket of lawn on the left side of the driveway for water drainage purposes and left it just a dirt spot. I had to call John and inquire about it. He said they don't do landscaping, but would deliver some topsoil and seed. I got the topsoil.

Description of Work
Removed old asphalt driveway, replaced with new asphalt driveway.

06/02/2016

Robert M.

Description of Work
The company replaced a long, old driveway. They explained in detail what would be done, how long it would take, materials to be used, and start time. The final black top was installed precisely when they promised, with 5 workers plus the owner on the job. The final product was just what we wanted. This company obviously takes pride in their work and it shows!

11/16/2014

Robert D.

This company was spectacular. From the first meeting to draw out the proposal until the end, they were always in contact providing updates, always on time and really care about their work. They made sure I was happy with everything before they left and stand by their product. We were one of between 6-8 houses they did in our neighborhood. After I saw 2 of our neighbors, myself and another neighbor did ours at the same time and then their signs appeared all over town. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone. To note, you always see and hear stories these days about companies like this wanting a certain percentage down payment and rest after completion and there's delays, not completed on time or other horror stories. This company is so serious about their reputation and making sure customers are comfortable they did not require a down payment and only took full payment after the job was satisfactorily completed. A++ in my book.

Description of Work
Tore out existing (long) driveway, put a solid base and repaved. This included widening out the driveway and expanding the parking space.

11/13/2014

Trisha C.

They were prompt and cleaned up after job was completed. Overall very positive experience.

Description of Work
made existing driveway larger and paved.

10/30/2014

Adam E.

Very professional and good guys to deal with

Description of Work
Large lot job

11/16/2012

Anne H.

They did a great job. When I called for an estimate, they came out the very next day. I was given a timeline (once I accepted the offer) and they stuck to it. They did a great job. There was no damage to anything around the driveway so they were very careful with their work. They got it done about 2 weeks before the first snowfall and I've never been so glad to have a nice new, smooth driveway!

Description of Work
They totally dug up my old driveway and repaved it with a brand new one.

09/21/2007

Cynthia R.

We called for a quote and Joe C was out within 3 days. Because this was a joint project with the neighbors, Joe broke the quote down into the 3 parts - the shared drive, as well as individual parts. The written quote was left with us the morning he came. We received the quote in June, accepted the contract in July, but put off having the work done until September so finances etc. were in place. There were no problems with scheduling that far out. The grading was done on Friday, 8/31 and they made a special trip out the following week to go over the project to answer questions we had before the asphalt was laid. Paving was done in one day (9/10). The work was excellent. With all the equipment and our street being a steep hill, one of the workers worked as a flag man on the street.

Description of Work
Fine grading, adding processed stone (where necessary) and 3" of asphalt on a 520' shared driveway, neighbor's additional 200' drive and parking area and our circular drive with 2 parking areas. The original driveway had never been paved and had eroded to goat-path traveling. Pits, ruts and run-off drainage areas were responsible for several broken motor mounts and u-joints. The shared drive wound through the trees, up a steep hill. At the top of the hill was a natural depression that achieved moat status with any rain. The drive(s) were graded on one day and all the paving was completed on a second.

10/19/2006

OLHA V.

The work was really fast, and clean. Everything was cleaned up after the job was done.

Description of Work
My driveway was redone. They pored concrete in my driveway.

07/07/2006

THEY DID EVERYTHING THAT WE ASKED THEM TO DO. THEY WERE HERE WHEN THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO BE. THEY STAYED IN CONTACT WITH US. I'D RECOMMEND THEIR SERVICES TO OTHERS IN THE AREA.

Description of Work
THEY POURED A DOUBLE DRIVEWAY FOR US.

Reliable Paving LLC

Reliable Paving LLC is an owner/operated company. We are a fourth generation business with a combined experience of over 30 years. Whether its asphalt paving, asphalt millings, or tar and chip, our team of professionals have the skills to get it done! Complete paving services for residential and commercial properties Dependable installation, maintenance and repair Reliable Paving LLC ids here to help you with paving services for your home or business. No job is too big or too small!

HelpyClean Construction

We are pleased to address you in order to present our company HELPYCLEAN CONSTRUCTION. We are the cleaning and masonry solution for your home, office or business. Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

MJD PAVING AND MASONRY INC

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today 203-390-1059 ask for Mike or John!

Driveway Contractors,Excavation Contractors,Paving Contractors,Sand & Gravel