Casanova Remodeling Company LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since June 2014

655 Main St

Plymouth, CT 06782

Casanova Remodeling Company has been doing windows, roofing, siding, painting, carpentry, gutters and gutter protection work in ct area for the past 20 years Our roofing and remodeling company offer you a broad range of services. We are a full-service construction company....

08/14/2018

Marsha C.

The topper was installed one day and the electrician connected the power the next day. It was efficient and everything was cleaned up when they were done.3

Description of Work
Installed hot topper across front porch gutters.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

09/08/2017

Patrick C.

Work was delayed due to rain - But completed in a reasonable time. One person only on 3 Days 2 people on final day. They worked tirelessly to get job completed - in hot working condition

Description of Work
Power wash, stain 3 Decks/Railings

Category decks, pressure washing

09/01/2017

Marie C.

Excellent job done quickly, quietly and no mess. Worker polite and professional. Company was able to provide services at an earlier time than originally planned.

Description of Work
Installed custom seamless gutters, down spouts w/elbows. Installed gutter topper. Cart away all debris.

07/18/2017

Sarah R.

Did a great job and I will use them again.

Description of Work
Benny & Sarah of East Hardford did gutter topper.

07/13/2017

James & Linda A.

From start to finish was very good job was done very professional would use them again

Description of Work
New Roof

07/10/2017

Vladimir P.

Terrible. Non professional. Hited third party crew. Wanted to extort more money before they finished. Never again. I was thinking that Angies lust does sone sort if screening. It reflects bad on you too.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

07/08/2017

Andrew L.

I had a very poor experience, the contractors not only put down spouts covering my external lighting but also informed me that they shouldn't put gutter toppers on my gutters because of my roof style, however, they were happy to install gutter toppers on my whole House the previous fall. I feel very taken advantage of and very disappointed in this contractor, will not hire again.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement, downspout install and gutter topper repair and replacement

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

04/28/2017

Liz W.

They were punctual the day the roof was put in. Very polite courteous people. It looks amazing. When the gutters were put in they informed us the pitch on our old ones wasn't right. My only suggestion is follow up the day before they are scheduled to confirm. Our actual start date was delayed by a day. We talked to John and they took care of it. They put a double team to get it done. They were done in one day. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THEM.

Description of Work
We had our roof and gutters done.

11/03/2016

George G.

Danny one painter did a wonderful job we were very pleased at the amount of work he performed each day. House was done start to finishing good amount of times.

Description of Work
Power wash-exterior of house painted-all trim work. Foundation-garage. Door awning.

Category pressure washing, house painters

09/16/2016

Gretchen M.

The men were great listeners. They asked men how I wanted the drains to go and they did as I asked. They were quick & clean workers.

Description of Work
New gutters on our historical 1930’s home.

07/29/2016

Marge S.

Worker came on a Sunday and completed the job in one afternoon. Professional and polite.

Description of Work
Gutter toppers installed.

06/26/2016

Ken G.

Went good-roof done in 1 days clean-up was good-found a few rails in driveway. Siding took 1 week-went excellent. Great clean-up and crew went above and beyond. Hung Shutters-lights.

Description of Work
New roof & siding.

Category roofing, siding

05/23/2016

Ben S.

Very good. They cleaned up areas insurance as work progresses, & did a thorough when finished. Make skylights very nice & they come back & fixed them both nines . We are warm worth.

Description of Work
Removed old room , removed skylights, placed new sittings or membrane, reset skylights.

Category skylights

04/22/2016

Jon A.

Update: Since Casanova did not respond to my calls, I contacted another company, Advantage Restoration, and they gave me a certificate stating that my roof was in good shape and would last for another 5 years.

Description of Work
I purchased a Bid Deal for gutter cleaning and roof inspection. I was mostly interested in a roof inspection and the estimate of life expectancy because my insurance asked for that since my roof is 16 years old. |The deal clearly states: |"Inspection of shingles and flashing condition to evaluate potential issues and give an estimated life expectancy". I wrote them twice through the Angie's list message system asking if they would give me a certificate of the remaining life of my roof. First time no response, after the second time their response was "OK I will call you tomorrow gutters are all set thanks". So they supposedly came to my house without any appointment and supposedly cleaned my gutters. What kind of company comes to work to your house without your consent and without notice when you are away? |They called me, I asked about the roof and they said it was in very bad condition, lots of damaged shingles and needed immediate replacement. That was very hard to believe. We bought the house 10 months ago and the inspector said it was in good condition, and 3 other contractors that have looked at it since have said so too. I just went up to the roof and saw the gutters were not cleaned. We have gutter covers, and in the few spots were the covers were off, the gutters were still dirty with old leaves from the fall. |I had several conversations with the owner John Casanova. In the first he agreed to send someone to redo the job, but only about 2 weeks later. I waited the 2 weeks, and when I asked about the roof they said they will not reinspect the roof, this was just for the gutters. Then i realized this company was not reliable, but after all the delays, the Angies list money back guarantee was expired. |I talked again with the owner John Casanova complaining about the estimate of the roof, and he said he saw pictures of my house with the gutters clogged with remains of damaged shingles. I told him that was not possible because my gutters are not clogged, the shingles are fine and I have gutter covers. After that he finally agreed to send someone to reinspect the roof. He also kept saying they sent the estimate for a new roof in the mail (twice). But i never got it. |When his guy came the next day, he was not a certified roofer, and started saying my roof was 35 years old (it is 16 years old) and needed replacement. I asked him to show me were it was damaged, and he could not, obviously. After some talking he agreed the roof was fine and did not need to be replaced. He was so embarrassed about the situation he called John Casanova to ask what to do, but after the call he insisted their company will only give me an estimate of a new roof and will never give me a certificate that the roof is fine for 2-3 more years (i guess because of possible liability). Well, that is not what it says in the voucher and that is why i was asking specifically about the certificate twice!. |After the conversation i called the owner to discuss how unprofessional all was, but he did not returned my call. |In summary, Casanova Remodeling is a very unreliable and unprofessional company and I will recommend keeping your business away from them. Is not just they will take your money without doing a proper job, but also the delays, the lies, and the frustration. Avoid this company.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, roof cleaning

03/12/2016

Suzanne L.

We got a call a week before our appointment saying they were on there way. We told them not to come as the appointment was not until next week. Our appointment was for a Saturday between 9:00 and 11:00. The called to tell us at 11:15, they came at 7:00 and knocked on our screen door and no one answered the door. We explained that we did not have a screen in our door, our storm door was still in and no one knock on our door. Also our appointment was for between 9-11. Why would they coming 2 hours early? They told us we had a white house with a white truck in the driveway. We tried to tell them, They must have gone to the wrong location as there was a road by the name of King Road but we live on King Street. These Guys were not listening. These guys were arguing with us. The house on King Rd with the same street number is White. Our house is Blue. My husbands Truck is Silver. They went to the wrong house. They said we had screens on our gutters. We do not. They also told us we had a birds nest in the gutter. Even if we did, the deal didn't say we had to clean the gutter out before they came to clean the gutter. How ridicules is that, there is no way I would pay someone to clean my gutter if I had to clean it first before they came. We told them to forget it. I called Angie's List and got our money back. Thank goodness for Angie's List guarantee.

Description of Work
Don't use these guys. They called to tell me they needed to make 2 appointments. I contracted for a roof inspection and a gutter cleaning. I could not understand why they needed to inspect the roof before they came out to do a roof inspection. I finally got so frustrated with them I handed the phone off to my husband, He made an appointment for them to come out.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, doors, roof cleaning

We did go to the right house nobody answered . I explained to them that it was two different crews because they had a roof leak. The customer did have screens that were clipped on the front of the gutter and we couldn't do the cleaning because they would ruin the gutter screens. I explained that it would be more because we would have to replace them. I have pictures of the screens . The customers were very rude and loud to me. Treated us like garbage and as a professional I don't not need to tolerate disrespectful people. No one answered door when we arrived. Yes we were earlier than expected isn't that a good thing? They were a problem from the minute I called them to setup the service we did a ton of these with no problem they give us a F and we didn't even do the job. I don't understand I guess some people just are miserable. I am very sorry it didn't work out for you guys

03/09/2016

NORMAN M.

They arrived and completed work within the designated service window. Everything looks great.

Description of Work
Cleaned cutters, inspected roof and made repairs to gutter as needed.

Category gutter repair, roofing, roof cleaning

Hi [Member Name Removed] thanks for review.

02/08/2016

Noel T.

Workers on time and installed topper. Plus new circuit breaker box (replaced fuse box, which was not code.)

Description of Work
Company installed gutter topper.

02/08/2016

Christian S.

Ralph came to give an estimate, explained some history on the company explaining their "certified installer" status and the significance of that and the warranty. We enjoyed Ralph so after 6 estimators, went with Casanova. The crew came out on time as scheduled, coordinating for skylight install wasn't too tricky. Job took a couple days more than expected but was completed to our satisfaction. Installer crew was friendly.

Description of Work
Entire roof remove/replace and 4 skylights.

Category roofing, skylights

02/01/2016

Raul D.

No problem discovered yet (12/30/2015). However we have not yet had heavy rains or freezing. Also don't know if water is skippers where eaves meet work. Place left clean & orderly. Work on time.

Description of Work
Installed new gutters, downspouts with topper guard & a short portion of electric cable.

11/23/2015

Thomas J.

We decided to proceed with another project before doing our gutters. Steve and his boss were very gracious despite the fact we did not proceed. When we are ready to do our gutters, we will definitely call Casanova Remodeling.

Description of Work
Provided detailed estimate for whole house gutter topper project. Steve came to our house to explain the product, take measurements and provide a detailed estimate.

Category gutter repair, remodeling

11/19/2015

Jennifer S.

They came when they were supposed to and they worked hard, the first week they were here was the hottest of the summer and I was impressed with how fast and thorough they were. This is when we decided to go ahead and have them do more work. All of the instillation teams were terrific. They were professional and made sure that we had an update of the work done that day. We just had a small issue with the interior ceilings, we just needed some spackeling done, and they were very responsive and had a crew out to fix it. The job took a little longer to be done, only because we added in more work, not due to any issues on their part. I would absolutely use them again. I forgot to ask them if they wanted to put a sign in my yard, which I would have been happy to do. I was really impressed with the work and have recommended them to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
We had Casanova paint the exterior of our home and detached garage as well as two ceilings on the interior of the house. They also took off the old gutters and installed new ones with toppers. They were doing such a great job that we also had them replace 3 windows and the roof of our sun porch.

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows, house painters

Thank you for review [member name removed]. Glad we could help. If you need anything please feel free to call us. Thank you again

11/17/2015

William B.

Perfect install. Showed up on time, got right to work. Finished on time. Very happy both with the product and the installer.

Description of Work
Installed gutter topper on all gutters.

Category gutter repair

Thanks for review [member name removed]. Glad to service you.

10/20/2015

Lisa T.

We had some issues with the owner changing the supply quality without telling us on our second contract when we changed shingle types. We had to call them a couple of times about getting it rectified and didn't get the right materials until they were already stripping off our roof. Our initial salesman Mark G. was very helpful and responsive to our calls. They arrived on time and ready to get things done and were very efficient. I gave a C in professionalism because I was told to go in the house and watch Opera instead of worrying about the correct material being put on my roof. Most of the mess was picked up, I had to go around with bucket to pick up cigarettte butts, staples, a couple nails and some old felt paper. Most of my plants faired well, only one was trampled but will grow back fine next year. Only unresolved issue is hideous metal flashing that was left exposed where all of the smaller bump-outs attach to house. We are told someone will come later this week to apply a layer of shingles on top of it to make it look like the rest of the roofs.

Description of Work
New roof with their medium grade shingles and gutters without gutter guards. We did not have to have any plywood replaced.

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing

Hi, [member name removed] would like to thank you for review. Glad overall product was fixed and the job was complete 100 percent. If there is anything I can do . Don't understand why we got a B?

10/01/2015

Gail P.

Service was scheduled and completed within 10 days. Installers were professional and courteous. Upon completion, removed old gutters and debris. No significant rain since installation so I can't comment on effectiveness.

Description of Work
Installed new gutters with Gutter Topper. Removed and disposed of old gutters.

Thanks you for review.

08/18/2015

Deborah B.

The Casanova crew did a great job with demo of old roof and installation of the new one. Very professional and fast, only took 2 days and the new gutters look amazing too!

Description of Work
Installed new roof and gutters.