Team Chase Generators

Founded 2004 • With Angi since October 2011

749 Oxford Road

OXFORD, CT 06478

Our business is generators! We are here for one reason and that is to service you; our client. We are here to make sure that no matter when it may be you have the power that is needed to function properly whether it be at home, at a business or out on the road. We provide sales, rentals,

02/12/2018

George S.

Not well. OK on service but when you REALLY need them, they crap out.

Description of Work
The company installed a generator on my property without getting a proper local building permit and now that I need their help to resolve, they just disappear. Amateurs.

06/11/2015

John F.

Description of Work
Almost 2x the price for the same thing.

Category electrician

Dear John, We would like to start by saying we are sorry you encountered a problem with a recent electrical job per your Angie's List review left on our page. However, after reading your review and doing some research we have found that Team Chase is NOT the company you were dealing with. We are not sure how this review ended up on our page as we have not done any work for you nor have any record of you ever contacting us and have brought it to the attention of Angie's List. Per Angie's List policy they must speak to you in regards to this incorrect review and have been unsuccessful in reaching you after several attempts. After discussing this with Angie’s List again they informed us that they cannot remove this review from our page until they are in touch with you. So in the meantime we thought it best to send you out a response. Team Chase is a family owned and operated business that values our customer service at the highest level possible. We are sorry to hear you were displeased with the company you chose to use but if you are still looking for help we would be more than happy to assist you with any generator needs you may have. Should you want to use are services or have any questions for us please feel free to call our office at (203)828-6010. Thank you and hope you are able to clear up who actually did the work for you and get things resolved. Have a wonderful day! Sincerely, Team Chase Management

02/11/2015

jim M.

Category electrician

Team Chase would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us such a great review! Please feel free to contact us at anytime!

02/26/2014

Charles Z.

Never heard back from them

Description of Work
Called at the suggestion of a friend and one of their customers to discuss servicing our home generator

Category generator service

Team Chase is sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with our services. We aim to make sure that every customer is 100% happy with our services. We are sorry for any confusion about someone getting back to you for service. There is always someone here 24/7, 365 so we are not sure how you did not receive a response, but we do apologize! Please check to make sure that you were reaching out to the correct phone number and you can always email us as well! We would be more than happy to assist you and take care of anything you may need! Please feel free to reach out to us at (203)828-6010 or email us at james@teamchasegenerators.com. We look forward to hearing back from you and getting the chance to show you how great of a company we are as well as adding you to our Team Chase family!!

10/21/2013

Ester G.

Extremely helpful and took his time with us. He seemed very knowledgable. He was a good advisor.

Description of Work
estimate

Category generator service

08/05/2013

leslie O.

The estimate was thorough, prompt, and within range. I decided to use another company.

Description of Work
provided an estimate.

Category electrician

Team Chase would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us such a great review! We are always here to help in any way we can. Please feel free to contact us at anytime!

06/24/2013

David F.

James checked out our need and discussed several options with us. He gave us a quote and upon acceptance obtained all the permits and trouble shot some local issues with the permit process, keeping everyone happy. His electrical and plumbing subcontractors were excellent and very careful to clean up after themselves. When it came time to start up the generator James made sure we knew how it operated and what to do if we had any issues. Throughout the process he was very interested we got what we wanted and were pleased with the work being done. It was a good experience marked by honesty, integrity and follow through.

Description of Work
Installed a whole house back-up generator.

02/07/2013

Mary C.

Some places you call have an attitude when you didn't buy the generator from them. We bought ours at home depot- mostly out of necessity- they were the only ones who had them. In any even, Jay was completely professional, and NICE. He showed up when he said he would, and answered my many questions. I have my elderly mom living with us, so loosing heat would be bad, but she's now on oxygen so loosing power is a serious prospect. He's the type of guy you're glad to give your business to. THANKS JAY for saving the day in Wilton, CT.

Description of Work
Jay was great.

11/02/2012

Ruth L.

After the Halloween storm of 2011, we knew we had to deal with this. We work from home and no power can mean no income. I did a lot of research and got other estimates but Team Chase was by far the superior company. James (called Jay) was very professional and one of the nicest people you'd want to meet. Once the generator was delivered and the process started he and his team worked steadily until completed. We only waited a few days for our city inspector. The area was then cleaned up and left in pristine condition. They had to remove a few of our Hostas to gain access but then carefully replanted them. Jay's electrician was so good we've had him do other work for us. It's been almost 5 months since completion and we've had two power outages. I have called and Emailed Jay with questions and he has always gotten back to me quickly. Jay was very careful to explain the process of regular maintenance that we can do, but just before Hurricane Sandy hit, I was concerned about the possibility of going over the 100 hour run time when the generator would need to be serviced, and as busy as Jay must have been during that time, he got back to me before the storm and I was assured that they have 24 hour emergency service and I just needed to call. With the forecast of more major storms in our future the choice is easy, you can cope or you can adapt. If you choose to adapt, give Team Chase a call.

Description of Work
Complete installation of a Briggs and Stratton NG 15KW Standby generator. Below is a brief description from the written estimate of what was included: Pull all electrical and plumbing permits 1 Briggs and Stratton15kw generator 100amp 16 circuit transfer switch Add and Install engine starting battery battery charger Set generator in desired location Hard pipe install and run all service cable and remote start wires Add and install all necessary fuel piping All necessary trenching and back filling Perform generator start up Complete installation Any misc. parts or supplies needed to complete installation

09/03/2012

Francene L.

Great, very personable and responsive.

Description of Work
Regular maintenance.

08/29/2012

Andrew M.

I was very impressed with the level of service. They are working up an estimate for a new line and more powerful generator. (He explained exactly what the generator was capable of powering and showed me how it was connected.) The price was excellent and the service was top notch. I'd recommend this company and Jay in particular--he was great.

Description of Work
I called Team Chase to service and inspect an older gas fired generator. Jay called me back promptly and came out twice (the first time he came out the gas company had not properly turned the meter on). I was very impressed with how quickly they responded and Jay was very professional. He took extra time to walk me through how the generator was installed and was very knowledgeable about the whole set up.

08/16/2012

Barry D.

They did not answer their phone. They did not call back (one exception). If you cannot reach them to make a sale can you imagine trying to reach them if you have a problem? The one time Jay called back I thought he was the best electrician and generator sales person I had talked to. He gave me some great information and we made a Saturday appointment. I sat around and he never showed up. I called both numbers, voice mail, no call back. I thought they would call on Monday. By noon Monday, I gave up and called. Jay's wife did not have any credible reason for their failure to show up but we agreed that Jay would come the following Saturday at 10:00. My wife saw their van leaving around 9:30 (not the agreed time). Right away I called both numbers provided on Angie's, trying to catch him while he was still close. Voice mail. No return call. He did not ring the door bell. He did not come to the front door. There were 4 cars in the driveway so he must have known someone was home. After that I placed several more calls to their voice mail. No return call. If you want to use them, good lu

Description of Work
Request for estimate to purchase and install a generator.

Category electrician

Thank you for notifying us of your complaint, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you. Please accept our apology. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know. Under no circumstances should a customer of ours be shown anything but the utmost respect. By way of explanation (not excuse), we did make sure to answer all of your calls and when we were unable to, we called you back in a timely manner. As far as emergencies go, we have a less than one hour turnaround time and our customers can vouch for that. We did schedule you for your original estimate in advance and called you two days prior to confirm, we do not send any techs out without prior customer confirmation of an appointment. We never received a confirmation call back from you and we did notify you right away to reschedule and explained to you why we were rescheduling due to not confirming the appointment. We agreed upon a new date and time for your estimate which was the following Saturday 9:00a-10:00a time window. Upon arrival at 9:00am sharp, which is what you were scheduled for per your request, we arrived at your house. We knocked on the door and rang the bell several times, after about 25 minutes and no answer; we left our business card in your door and left as we had other scheduled jobs that were also time dependent. We did not receive a call from you regarding this until around noon that day. After receiving your call we explained to you that we were there and attempted to get a hold of you and after being unsuccessful, we left our card in your door and continued on with our day. We explained to you that we would have to look over the schedule to see when we can reschedule you yet again and give you a call back. After this situation, we did try to schedule you several more times but did not hear back from you. We kept your information on file and waited for your return call. We are sorry again for any trouble this may have caused you and would be more than happy to arrange another date and time for your estimate. We rely heavily on scheduled appointments with customers and always make sure we are right on time. We understand things come up and people cannot keep every appointment, however, it is the customer’s responsibility to notify us of such cancellations or time changes otherwise we will show up when we were originally scheduled. Unfortunately in our situation it seemed as though you were unable to keep appointments and without notifying us we were not aware of the situation. With our greatest apologies yet again, please feel free to give us a call so we can reschedule you and get your estimate taken care of for you. Our number one goal is customer satisfaction and if you look at our other reviews you will see we are doing a great job thus far and would like a chance to prove that to you as a valuable customer. Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or to schedule your free estimate!

07/31/2012

James W.

Extremely professional, arrived on time and did the job as he said he would. Continues to do the 6 month services and called us after a hurricane caused us to use the generator for five straight days to do maintenance after such heavy consistent service.

Description of Work
Installed replacement stand alone house with generator.

07/16/2012

nancy H.

Very agreeable people to deal with. A satisfactory experience.

Description of Work
A generator installed that required a bit more than the usual thought.

06/08/2012

Roy G.

They proposed and we agreed on the highest quality equipment, and they scheduled and installed it very well.

Description of Work
Managed installation on of 20 kw generator - coordinated all parties such as electricians energy sources & permits.

05/22/2012

Jerry L.

they were great!

Description of Work
Serviced exterior gas generator

05/03/2012

Martha L.

Description of Work
Team Chase was excellent from the time they came to give the first estimate to when they completed the installation of the generator. They were on time, clean, and very professional. I feel that they j got to know me and understand my lifestyle. Honesty was clearly a prime characteristic. I wpullkfvh

02/23/2012

James B.

I used Angie's list to install a generator. They were on there, installed it, and did a great job. They were prompt, gave me an estimated schedule, and came on time.

Description of Work
I bought a generator and they installed it for me.

01/13/2012

wayne A.

.I got a good deal on a generator so a bought it but I needed to get it installed. I noticed a Big Deal on Angie's List that said they would install generators even if you didn't buy it from them. I called and left a message and recieved an e-mail back saying they only installed generators that you bought from them. I guess it's not as much of a Big Deal as I thought.

Description of Work
No service was performed.

Category electrician

We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed. Team Chase aims to please each and every customer. We would have been more than happy to install the generator for you, had we received your information through Angie's List. Your email was point blank and did not mention anything about the Angie's List Big Deal. If you would like to contact us we would be more than happy to make this situation right. Please feel free to email us as soon as possible and we will do everything in our power to make sure you have a GREAT experience with us. We look forward to hearing from you soon and we apologize again for any miscommunications.

01/12/2012

Michael L.

They have not done the work yet so I can't comment. However, their contact, follow-up, professionalism, etc have been first rate thus far. They were flexible with scheduling, showed up on time, provided a prompt written estimate and detailed written follow-up to my questions. They will be doing the install in the spring, so I can comment on that at a later date.Provided

Description of Work
They provided me with a written estimate for a to install a stand-by generator.

11/21/2011

HOWARD S.

Jay of team chase has been servicing my generator for several years and has been superb. No better service. Based on his recommendation we upgraded generator to a whole house and he supervised/coordinated eel and plumber.

Description of Work
Install & set-up new Kohler generator. Jay was continue to service generator.

11/20/2011

Brad T.

Jay was simply fantastic from start to finish!

Description of Work
Jay is one of the most responsive, professional and Knowledgeable contractors I have ever met. His rates are very reasonable and he knows EVERYTHING ABOUT GENERATORS. He has helped us in so many ways--from choosing a generator, transfer switch, and propane vendor to guidance on how to get all the pieces of the puzzle in place. He has come out in the middle of the night in horrible weather and fixed our generator for a fraction of the competition. I can not imagine using anyone else.

11/08/2011

George S.

Exceptionally well. Good work, well done at a fair price.

Description of Work
Had switched from the company that installed my old generator to Team Chase who provided exceptional service to older unit at much fairer prices. Decided to upgrade to newer, larger generator and Team Chase handled efficiently, professionally on time on budget and as luck would have it it got a week long test thanks to the early snow that wiped out power in CT. Would highly recomend James and his family.

10/17/2011

Michael S.

James (called "J") led my installation of a top quality Kohler Generator. By purchasing the Generator online and having him install it, he saved me a ton of money, and did a fantastic, professional job. He is a really nice guy too. J will handle the servicing and I'm sure he will do an excellent job as he is passionate about his work.

Description of Work
20KW Kohler generator purchase advice, installation and servicing

PowerPlus Electric & Communications LLC

PowerPlus is a family owned and operated company. We provide high quality electrical and communication services to homes and businesses throughout the greater Connecticut area. We value our customers and we deliver our service with an emphasis on reliability, integrity and efficiency.

2022 Super Service Award

Power Forward LLC

Serving Shoreline Connecticut for 15 years, Power Forward offers a level of service to match the quality of the area. We understand that we are not working on a house, we are working in your home. By staying up to date with the rapidly advancing technology in the trade, Power Forward provides the latest in design and energy efficiency. With our experience in southern New England which boasts some of the oldest homes in the country, Power Forward has the unique ability to efficiently troubleshoot antiquated electrical systems or can seamlessly integrate the latest technology with your vintage home.

Offers Coupon

Robin Brundage Electrical

Brundage Electric, a family owned & operated company, has served Fairfield County and surrounding areas for over 36 years. We specialize all electric services, including but not limited to: Landscape lighting, Emergency service installation, Generator sales and installation, Residential lighting sales and installation, Electrical renovations (new and old work), Pools/spas and more! Feel free to contact us with questions or to request an estimate. Thank you!

Check, PayPal

We offer sales, service, and installation on portable and stand by home generators.

We are not an electrician. We strictly provide sales, service and installation of generators only. We do however, work with some wonderful electricians and would be more than happy to pass along their information to you. Thank you.