American Safe Wash

Founded 2012 • With Angi since August 2012

90 Ingham Hill Rd Ste 3A

Old Saybrook, CT 06475

American Safe Wash is a residential and commercial cleaning company that offers non pressure roof cleaning, traditional powerwashing, pet waste management, air duct and dryer vent cleaning services. We use the latest and safest practices to clean and preserve your home's interior and exterior

11/17/2020

Paul P.

American Safe Wash couldn’t do the job right after 4 attempts and the owner lied and wrote derogatory comments about me in previous social media which is why I am posting every where I can.... I hired them in 2018 (Invoice 3313) and after a full day of washing my home my well was dry. When I called to let them know they took absolutely no responsibility and said “you should have told us you had a well and we would have brought a water truck.” This snarky response was enough for me to decide to never use them again. Especially since the sales person, Carrie, literally tripped over my well when providing the estimate. And, by the way, since they drained it, I needed to replace my expansion tank and well pump. Now in 2020, without my knowledge, a painting contractor hired American Safe Wash to clean the house and fence before paint. It was a disaster. Drips were everywhere. If an employee left the front of the house with such obvious drips, it goes to show that the owner did not train, support, or supervise them properly. When I complained after their 2nd failed attempt, they sent their salesman out to “explain how soft wash worked.” In preparation for this visit, I broke out my electric washer and cleaned a section of the fence to show what it was supposed to look like. The salesman quickly conceded and sent the crew back for a 3rd time and I watched the crew apply the cleaner from the top down which is the wrong way to do it (supposed to apply cleaner from bottom and work upward) and explains why there are so many drip marks. I called the owner to complain and he agreed they were supposed to apply cleaner from the bottom up and he sent the same, apparently untrained crew back. So, on their 4th visit, they arrived and as they saw all of the misses and drips, they looked dumbfounded, and were virtually incommunicative. I simply expressed my dissatisfaction and in no way was I every derogatory as the owner suggested in other posts. The owner later admitted that they had mental disabilities but yet he sends them out to work and talk with customers who are clearly frustrated because of their lack of training, support, and supervision. Remember, this was the 4th time they were at my home. And, to top it off, during this 4th visit they became irritated, acted unprofessionally, and did not complete the job. There is no reason to believe that they can complete the job properly even after a 5th attempt. When I called the owner to complain, he was nice at first but soon became enraged and turned the situation and blamed me for not being “nice” to his employee, calling me a “hater” over the phone. I don’t think I have ever had such a heated conversation with an owner of a company. And, to show you what kind of person the owner is, when I wrote a negative review on another web site, the owner lied about our phone conversation making childlike, inaccurate, and derogatory comments about me trying to make me look like a bad guy. For the record, if the owner does not CEASE AND DESIST these actions, I will pursue legal action against his company and him personally. The fact that this owner lied and manipulated the situation is exactly why I wrote this negative review. It is not about the quality of the job, things happen, but his unethical behavior needs to be called out. To prove how unethical this company is, I found a review on another site where one of their sales people Cyr P. wrote a 5 star review pretending to be a customer. His review said; “Don’t have your home pressure washed, have it Safe Washed. Low pressure soft wash cleaning with unbelievable results. Made my siding look brand new!” On or around June of 2020, the owner responded “Thank you for your business!”. On February 7, 2020, the same person Cyr P. sent me an email trying to sell their services. I have the screen shots of this review along with his email to prove it. I believe this is fraud and I and have contacted the CT attorney general.

Description of Work
power wash house

Category pressure washing

We are sorry you had a bad experience and even tried to make it right by coming back to make sure it was done to your level of satisfaction (which speaks to the character of our company). When we came back you approached the technicians and began verbally insulting them as they apologized for missing some spots but you continued with your derogatory comments about their mental capacity and stated to the owner similar comments. The version of events you provided are not accurate and at no point was the owner unprofessional at all and in fact you complimented the owner at the end of the phone conversation for being professional. This version of the review was only changed after this was documented on another review site and the company has copies of your original posts versus the current version. Ultimately we are sorry you were not happy with your service but we did feel it was necessary to set the record straight and did make every effort to make you happy with the service.

05/23/2018

John L.

Very well. Tested paint to assure safe to spray. Protected plants and finished spraying without a mess

Description of Work
Remove moss and black stuff on house roof

01/01/2018

Rick E.

They did a great job and provided photos of the finished work. Flower beds were undamaged and no leaves were dropped I them. A minor oversight: our hose was not retracted on its reel.

Description of Work
Two story colonial gutter cleaning.

Category gutter cleaning

02/09/2017

Lillian M.

They did a wonderful job. They are very professional and very customer satisfaction orientated. If there was any grade higher than an A I would give it to them.

Description of Work
Removed the black algae from our roof. They also did some partial power washing on the eastern side of the house.

01/18/2017

lisa C.

Excellent. Better than any other service I have used in the past. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

Category carpet cleaners

12/14/2016

Vincent C.

They were fine. Our experience with them was fine. They did a nice job.

Description of Work
American Safe Wash cleaned my roof.

10/02/2016

gary N.

Start to finish- quick, easy and affordable!

Description of Work
Power washing exterior of house

12/11/2015

Jamie W.

Working with this company was a very good experience, and I would recommend them to others. Angie answers the phone promptly, returns calls, and follows up with emails. All the staff was courteous and professional. My case was unique the service representative who was originally supposed to do the work accidentally injured his ankle and couldn't make it to my house that day. But they overcame that obstacle, and they were still able to send out someone within 2 days to do the work. Nice job!

Description of Work
Cleaned all exterior windows, garage doors, and back deck

Category window cleaning, pressure washing

10/16/2015

Lynda M.

House looked like it was freshly painted. Whites were much brighter, mold was gone, and the house looked beautiful. They were courteous and prompt, and Angie was a delight to work with. I highly recommend American Safe Wash.

Description of Work
Cleaned the siding Eliminated mold around the foundation Rinsed porches and railings Cleaned gutters Sprayed windows

Category gutter cleaning, window cleaning, pressure washing

08/11/2015

Jeannine C.

John & Quentin came; they were professional, courteous, friendly, & hard working. really a great pair of guys. unfortunately, we have a natural wood house that had a lot of mildew on it, & the low pressure wash simply did not do the job. there was much mildew left on both the house and decks. also, the windows do not come out streak free as claimed, & one in particular was still dirty with bird droppings. i called & told Angie (a total sweetie) what happened, & she sent them back to redo @ higher pressure. success: the house and deck now look like they've just been cleaned, & scrubbed. it was the difference between night and day. we wouldn't recommend a low pressure wash, but the high pressure wash did a great job. most importantly, American Safe Wash definitely deserves top ratings for standing behind their services and not giving up until the customer was satisfied. One final note: although this service is environmentally friendly, it was very h****** our plantings (both annuals and our Japanese maples). Just something to keep in mind if you use them.

Description of Work
low pressure washed house & decks, washed windows.

Category window cleaning, pressure washing

07/11/2015

Christine W.

Very fast bid. Answered all of my questions. John showed up on time, with an associate, explained how they would work and got to it. They were done in an hour and the house looks great. I received comparable bids from two others, but I liked the reviews on AL and Angie was very professional

Description of Work
Power washed a split level home.

06/15/2015

Michael D.

very well! solution was applied quickly and w/o issue. Minor chemical burn to the bushes right up against the house, which we were warned may be an issue (servicing the gutters are our next issue), but very minimal and all plants are doing well. no damage to grass or anything else. Clear instructions were given on how to maintain all landscaping after the application of the chemicals. Initially, we had only asked for the roof to be done. However, our house was so sorely in need of a washing, they offered the service and were happy to work with us on our budgetary constraints. They were fast, professional, and everything looks absolutely wonderful! Of course, if will take a while for the dead plant matter to fall off the roof (we did not want the roof scrubbed), but that was expected, and we are very pleased with our clean house!

Description of Work
apply moss removal/roof cleaning solution and wash siding

06/15/2015

MELISSA S.

Job was done very carefully. No impact to our landscaping. Crew was courteous, quiet (no blaring radios or loud talking) and non-smoking. The result was amazing. The best power washing we have ever had done. Lasting effect, house still looks wonderful as of today's date ( 6-15-15).

Description of Work
Power washed vinyl sided very large two family home including porches, garages and fence.

11/10/2014

Paul J. P.

The cleaning solutions were harsher on the shrubs/plants than expected. They moved our Weber gas grill and damaged it in the process. We had earlier moved the grill to an area we thought would be out of the way.

Description of Work
Power wash siding

09/27/2014

Gisela C.

Went very well. They forgot to do the front walkway as agreed up, but came back promptly within a few days to finish the job. Will plan on using them again.

Description of Work
Power wash entire house, including roof, two decks, front steps and front walk-way.

08/30/2014

April P.

Angie was great! From the moment she answered my first email to the phone conversations. She was professional and couteous. She was able to accommodate my dates with ease Fabulous! Since my house is by the ocean, I especially love that there were no chemicals and they were used green cleaners. I would use this company again and recommend them to my neighbors.

Description of Work
They cleaned my siding without the aid of high-powered water and using eco-friendly cleaners.

11/13/2013

Christine L.

It was perfect. I thought they were great. They were very prompt and they showed up on time. They did a great job. They stayed with their estimate. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal coupon from American Safe Wash to clean my roof.

08/26/2013

Tony G.

Very meticulous and thorough service

Description of Work
Wash house

08/03/2013

kevin F.

All contact was prompt and courteous The cleaning team arrived on time and were very professional We went over the house together and agreed on exact extent of the work. Upon completion (2-3) hours later, we went over the work together. The results on the siding and roof were excellent(extensive mold and lichen removed) My only displeasure was that the gutters had not been cleaned. I learned that gutter cleaning was an extra cost. I had not been told at the time of estimate Windows were clean but not "streakless" It is important to know that treatment is not a powerwash, so rust deposits will not be removed

Description of Work
Washed/treated roof and siding of colonial house. Windows were also washed.

07/29/2013

Jeannie G.

It went good except that the stain from the chimney (which was rust) could not be removed. It didn't have a stainless steel cap and I ended up ordering one and we have since put it on. If someone could come up with rust removal please let me know.

Description of Work
Cleaned my roof. It was stained from mold. Only one side needed it.

06/20/2013

Joanne W.

Proposed time arrived 11:30 I have a front porch that I assumed was part of the "front of the house"... They washed the siding on the porch but not the railings or stairs. The areas done looked good

Description of Work
Power wash front of house and garage only power wash back deck

Category pressure washing

Although we did say we would arrive at 11 am we were running late so we called to inform you of our delay and that we would be running 30 minutes late. We then did in fact arrive at 11:30 am. We make every effort to be as punctual as possible but some circumstances can not always be foreseen or controlled and we always call if we are delayed. The front porch was not covered by the scope of work that was authorized however we did perform a post cleaning service walkaround with a member of your family and had they mentioned any of these items we would of addressed them immediately. We appreciate your constructive feedback and we will work to improve based on your comments. We appreciate your business and hope that we might be able to earn your business again in the future. Best Regards.

06/04/2013

Jane C.

Excellent service. Pleasant people they got some roof water on the windows and did a free window washing.

Description of Work
Roof cleaning. Very conscientious.

Category window cleaning, roof cleaning

06/02/2013

Christopher N.

The operations manager arrived right on time, performed services professionally throughout and exceeded expectations on all fronts. Would use this service again!!

Description of Work
Complete house -wash, using state of the art cleansing materials and equipment

05/17/2013

Dan O.

Very satisfied, L/Service, communication value and quality.

Description of Work
Full house, External cleaning including roof and siding.

Category house cleaning

04/26/2013

Josh B.

Very well, house looked better than expected very pleased.

Description of Work
Wash house/siding.

Category house cleaning

Beachfront Construction

We are a local business with a goal to exceed expectations. Fast and easy scheduling with the most competitive pricing in the area. All of our techs have been trained and practice all the same systems we have in place to ensure consistent results. Safe, fast, and cost efficient services. Our ability to Soft wash exterior surfaces makes it safer on your home, buildings, bushes, vegetation and the rest of your property. This is how the professionals do it.

2022 Super Service Award

Tile Brite, LLC

At Tile Brite, we strive to provide you with superior service and results while insuring the best value available in cleaning and restoring carpet and hard surfaces. Our certified technicians are fully trained and equipped with the most advanced equipment in the industry. We offer tile and grout cleaning including natural stone, kitchen and bath tile, concrete and asphalt driveways, patios, and garage floors.

2022 Super Service Award

Diego’s Painting Corp.

Diego's Handyman Service Flanders, NY, 11901 (631) 871-9035 Diego's Handyman Service offer carpentry, painting, custom cabinet, drywall, sparkle, roof repair, decks, and stone masonry. The company started in 2012 and It has 12 years of experience in handyman services. Contact us for a Free Estimate. Handyman Service, Custom Carpentry, Commercial Painting Contractors, Home Maintenance Services, Master Handyman Services Riverside, NY; Northampton, NY; Calverton, NY; Aquebogue, NY; Hampton Bays, NY Handyman Service, Custom Carpentry, Commercial Painting Contractors, Home Maintenance Services, Master Handyman Services https://diegoshandymansvc.com/

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential & Commercial Exterior Cleaning Services including Roof Cleaning, Traditional Powerwashing,Siding Cleaning, Window Cleaning, Gutter, Deck, Fence, Solar Panel, Structure, Concrete & Walkway Cleaning. Indoor Air Quality, Air Duct, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Pooper Scoop Services and DNA Based Pet Waste Management.