Safely completing both installations and free estimate appointments

We accept remote payment

CT Cellar Doors

Founded 2002 • With Angi since March 2007

3.8

PO Box 153

Oakville, CT 06779

Physical Address: 1886 Watertown Ave, Oakville, CT 06779. Alt Bus name: CT Cellar Doors. See website for Recent Commercials & Photos.

08/17/2022

alex K.

Thank you CT Cellar Doors.!! Your representative was excellent! He was prompt, thorough and offered excellent guidance! And he spent as much time as we needed. We thank you and highly recommend your service!

Description of Work
Consultation

Category contractors, egress windows, replacement windows, foundation repair

09/09/2020

Linda C.

I found this company to be very responsive to phone calls and questions. The 2 guys they sent to do the job were extremely nice and actually had to do more work than expected but were patient and did a good job and they too were happy to answer any of my questions and explained everything about the operation of the doors very clearly. The new cellar doors replaced old rusted ones and certainly improved the appearance of the house. I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replacement of Basement Access Doors

Category concrete repair, doors

Thank you for your business! Customer service is our number one priority. Sometimes we run into unexpected circumstances on jobsite, but our teams are trained for this rare occurrence. We are very happy to hear you had a pleasant experience!

01/16/2016

Agnes S.

Description of Work
I was very happy with CT cellar doors. The work was performed beautifully and they were very prompt.

12/17/2015

Elaine C.

Description of Work
The provider was prompt in responding to our request for service and the new door was installed ahead of schedule.

Category doors

Thank you so much for your positive review.

11/10/2015

Agnes S.

From the very start CT Cellar Doors was very professional. They showed up on time for the initial quote as well as the day of the actual installation. The job went very quickly and everything was cleaned up. The technician explained the features of the installation as well as went through all the paperwork with me. Both the hatchway door and the interior door look great.

Description of Work
Replaced 51 year old hatchway door and repaired foundation to the hatchway. They also added a new entry door from hatchway to the cellar.

Category doors, foundation repair

Thank you very much for your business and your feedback!

11/10/2015

Teresa R.

Description of Work
Company contracted in July 2015 to resurface concrete steps and after many calls and emails showed up in October to complete the work. Product failed within two weeks and have not come out to correct the problem after several emails.

Category concrete repair, doors

We apologize for the wait. The product can only be applied in the warmth and dryness of summer and spring. We have advised the Customer on many occasions we will be out in the Spring of 2016. We fully intend and have advised by phone and writing that we will honor our warranty 100%. Customer service is very important to us.

07/01/2015

Robert S.

Price quote was hundreds of hundreds of dollars above two other quotations. They were very professional and all but during the house visit I got a sales squeeze to sign now and save $250 with the promise that I could cancel within 3 day at no cost. I found out later that their discount price was still 600 dollars above other fair quotes. I mean the basement Bilco entry door is only $770 at Home Depot, and their price was 1800 for a one hour install. Plus the cancel in three days? They only accept a telegram, which costs 50 bucks. Overpriced.

Description of Work
Didn't use them as price was unreasonably overpriced.

10/14/2014

Joan Y.

Their supplier to powder coat the door had machinary issues so the door was not installed until June, two months later than promised. I paid an extra $800 or so to have a special powder coating and noticed a couple of rust spots. I have called at least four times and am promised a return call but have received none. They promised to have someone come and inspect the door but no one has visited. I am very disappointed at their lack of service and failure to take care of this issue. Update: After posting this less than favorable review, Steve called me and immediately came out and took the rusting doors, replaced with temporary doors, took the doors for a secondary powder coaing and replaced the doors. He was apologetic for the lack of responsiveness and was committed to making us satisfied. The newly coated door looks good with no imperfections and is installed well. I am now satisfied with the product but wish I did not have to make the five or six calls and post on Angie's List to get action.

Description of Work
installed a new cellar (bulkhead) door

Category doors

We apologize for any delays or lack of communication. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. CT Cellar Doors LLC is not always perfect, but we always stand by our work. That is why we have been in business for years and have an A+ rating with the BBB. We are very happy to hear you are pleased with the finished product. Please let us know if you need anything in the future.

10/07/2014

Charles B.

The door itself is wonderful but the foundation cap they built leaked. They came to repair it once and after awhile it leaked again. The warranty has run out but I was willing to do what it took to get it resolved. I made numerous calls to the company and each time I was told someone would get back to me. They never did.

Description of Work
Build a foundation cap and install bulkhead door.

Category doors, foundation repair

All products have warranties. Unfortunately warranties run out and in this particular case the incident exceeded our warranty. This additional work was far past the limits of the warranty.

10/01/2014

john R.

Description of Work
I spent a lot of time giving personal info by phone to set up appt for estimate. The woman said they where about 10 out. I mabe the appt. She said some one will call to confirm the day before. No one did.The next day I took the morning off waiting for them, no one ever showed up |

Category remodeling, doors

Unfortunately, our phone records note we made several attempts to contact this Customer for an appointment. We welcome the opportunity to provide a free estimate.

06/27/2014

Michael R.

Description of Work
Replaced 62 year old Bilco door that had severe rusting issues with a new door. Showed up the same day as scheduled, but not at the time. The quality of the door and the work made up for the minor scheduling issue.

Category basement waterproofing, doors

06/06/2014

Mary V.

The people on the other end of the phone were very friendly and helpful. My big complaint is that it took months longer than they promised to show up, and then I had to call repeatedly and beg. I have no idea what the holdup was. The men who did the work were very efficient, professional and friendly. I just wouldn't recommend if unless you have months to kill.

Description of Work
Installed new cellar doors.

Category doors

Third party vendors on occasion hold up installations beyond our control. We make every effort to inform our Customers of this possibility and our Office Staff is very aware of the importance of keeping the Customer informed. We are happy that in the end you were please with your installation. Occasionally someone may slip through the cracks but we are pleased you had a good outcome. We apologize for any inconvenience.

04/28/2014

Ray L.

A very cheery and professional sounding lady took my call and set an appointment for someone to come out and visit me. The company's representative was actually here about a half hour early, but he called first to ask my permission. I think he did a pretty thorough investigation of my cellar entry. He was polite and let me blab on about what I thought I needed. He pointed out some defects in my door's foundation that needed to be corrected. We discussed the price of that masonry work and the various options on the type and color of the cellar door. I decided to go ahead with the masonry work and with a custom cellar door which would fit my unusual sized foundation better than one of the standard units. It was a bit more expensive than one of the standard sized doors, but it looks like it should last 20 years or more, so its worth doing right. I also bought another option - a powder paint coating. Its a really durable coating that they applied to both the outside and inside of the door. They had a color that matched the shutters on the house pretty close. Paint that do is one chore I'm glad to give up. The Installer that showed up was neat and got the job done in two days. He explained that he wanted to make sure the cement was dry before finishing the installation. He came back when he said he would and put the new door down and sealed it all up. It looks great and now my basement stays dry when it rains! And we've had some pretty heavy rains lately! Overall I am very happy with the whole experience. Its really hard to find contractors who do what they say they are going to do, but these guys did. I've already recommended them to a relative.

Description of Work
The did a masonry repair of my old cellar door's foundation and replaced the metal cellar door itself.

Category basement waterproofing, doors, foundation repair

10/25/2013

Georgianna E.

They were without a doubt the best company I ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

Description of Work
They came out and measured and replaced my basement windows.

05/22/2013

Darrell T.

Below is a letter that I sent to CT Cellar Doors LLC which describes in detail my experience. After filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau they agreed to the 10% discount that I requested. The window installer did a very nice job of installing the windows however the hassle I had to go through was not worth it. I would not recommend this company to anyone. On 08/22/2012 I signed a proposal/invoice for three basement windows and one block up window. I immediately gave a check as required for 50% down ($853.46) which was cashed three days later. The approximate completion date was 09/25/2012. I was informed that a week and a half later I would receive a phone call to schedule an appointment to confirm measurements of my windows. Two rescheduled appointments, numerous excuses from office staff, and three weeks later I was finally able to get someone to my house to measure the windows. Another four weeks later, I was finally able to receive an appointment for 10/22/12 for installation of my windows. On 10/18/2012 I am called and informed this date would have to be rescheduled again due to other jobs that were not completed yet. Finally, after having the Director of Operations (Steve Wolff) involved my windows are being installed on 10/24/2012. This is completely unacceptable. The office staff is very unprofessional and does not return phone calls. I have had to reschedule my work week on two separate occasions to make sure I was available, only to have my appointments rescheduled at the last minute. You have wasted my time and money. This is not how a consumer is supposed to be treated. I have filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau, to make sure this does not happen to another consumer who wishes to purchase your product/services. Lastly, I do not believe I should be paying full price for these windows when you are an entire month past the deadline. Therefore to make up for my time and money wasted by your impracticable business ethics, I have taken 10% off the total price that is due. I believe this is more than fair. If you have any questions or concerns, please call me at the number listed below.

Description of Work
custom basement window installation

Category replacement windows

We apologize for any inconvenience and have used this experience to better train our staff. We believe this is a positive outcome for all parties.

04/16/2013

Joyce & Martin L.

They arrived on time, explained what they would do, very pleasant and professional. They cleaned up when they were done and made sure that wood was cut away from the house so that there was no mess.

Description of Work
replaced stringers and stairs from basement out the hatchway.

Category contractors

03/03/2013

Frank K.

Description of Work
They made an appointment to come and give me a quote for a new cellar door. They made a point to make sure my wife and I were there, which we were. They never showed up. They did call to reschedule, but I have much better things to do with my time than to wait around for no shows. I mean, how about a call if you're not going to show up? Bush league.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, doors

07/17/2012

Jonathan F.

Cellar door entryway had a crumbling brick foundation and old rotten plywood doors. I called CT Cellar doors as they had done work for a coworker of mine. They came out, measured, advised needed foundation repairs, and gave an estimate for a custom made cellar door to fit my odd-sized opening. A week or so later the actual person who would do the install came out to remeasure. There was an oddity in the opening and it was decided to change the initial double door to a single door to accommodate the opening. The door took approximately 6-8 weeks to manufacture, which was told to me in advance. They came out and installed the door over 2 days, first repairing the foundation and then installing the door. 2 days after installation a problem was noted with the latch. The company sent someone out the next day who repaired it. Overall I am happy with the door. There are a few things I'd change if I were to have thought about the design in advance. I would have a larger opening or have stuck with 2 doors as it seems there is a lot of width to the stairs that is covered by the new door. Getting a washer or dryer in may be tight. Other than that it looks good and works well. I did expect a bit better quality latch for the price, though.

Description of Work
Cellar door replacement, foundation repair of basement stairs.

09/21/2011

Anne M.

Saw their ad in Clipper Magazine and called them to discuss creating egress windows in our basement. Rodney tried to talk me into a cellar door, then told us couldn't be done as they couldn't get any machinery to that part of our yard.It would have to be dug manually- duh! Yes. I know that a cellar door would extend out too close to my property line and would not be allowed. When I asked about permits he said they don't get permits for cutting a hole into my foundation. When I pressured him he said it would cost about $2000 to get the permit. What nonsense. He wasn't helpful, did not give me any estimates then tried to sell me new windows for my sunroom. What a stupid waste of my time! They're supposed to be experts. He couldn't offer me any suggestions for my 3 existing basement windows.

Description of Work
Did a walk thru with Rodney. Showed him my 3 basement windows. Wanted 1 of them made into an egress window. No service was performed.

Category egress windows

08/20/2011

jodi T.

Ct cellar doors removed and replaced my basement hatchway doors. In the process they removed a piece of cement along side of the foundation, that appeared to be an addition to accommodate the old doors. Unfortunately this piece of cement which ran the length of the foundation covered the top of the second row of LARGER cinder blocks. Once removed this exposed the top of the foundation wall. Now I have open cinderblocks which allow any rain to pour into my basement. The day after they installed the doors I had two inches of water in my basement. They returned twice to "check" the door but found no problem and only recalked around the door. I only found the problem after I dug around the foundation and found the exposed cinder blocks. Ct cellar doors has refused to take any responsibility for this claiming that not masonry work was included in my contract, even though they removed the cement block. I requested only that they reimburse me to buy cement and have someone repair the work and they have refused. I even requested that they just pay for the cement and I will do it myself and they refused. I hired a "professional" to install doors to my basement because I don't have any experience with foundations. The cap they removed was needed to cover the cinderblock foundation. THEY SHOULD HAVE known that or at least taken SOME responsibility for THEIR mistake. THAT IS WHY I HIRED "PROFESSIONALS" All I wanted was their acknoledgement of their mistake and a few dollars to cover the expense of refilling the blocks. THIS COMPANY AND ITS OWNER AND EMPLOYEES ARE UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNTRUSTWORTHY. DON'T TRUST THEM!!!

Description of Work
I hired ct cellar doors to replace my old bilco basement hatch way door. They replaced the door and removed a piece of what looked like and additional piece of cement, added on to accommodate the old door. Unfortunately this piece of cement covered the lower portion of the wall of the stairwell foundation. Once removed the top of the lower LARGER cinderblocks was exposed. Now i have water in my basement every time it rains. The day after they installed the doors I had two inches of water in my basement. They returned twice to try and find out why I was getting water in my basement but couldn't find any problem. I only discovered the problem when I dug out the side of the foundation and found the exposed tops of the cinderblocks. Ct cellar doors has claimed it is not their responsibility to repair the foundation because no foundation repair was included in the contract, even though they are the ones that removed the cement block.

Category remodeling, foundation repair

CT. Cellar Doors stands behind it’s warranties and we always do exactly what we say we will do. On 7/7/11 (member name)’s door was installed. See Item # 1 On 7/11/11 (member name) called stating she wanted speak to someone because she was having a problem with her door. Director of Operations, called her home and cell phone numbers to find out the problem. See Item # 2 On 7/12/11 Director of Operations, sent the original installers John and Casey out to check (member name)'s door. See Item # 3 Installers stated to customer and to the office manager that the problem was in the foundation well below the work we had done. (member name) originally had loose foundation floating around and wanted us to remove, we did no masonry work. Item # 1 & Item # 4 On 8/8/11 (member name) called stating her door was leaking and an official incident report was created since she did not want the original installers to come back out. She wanted someone different. See Item # 2 On 8/12/11 Installer went out to check door. He found nothing and water tested the door. Customer was to keep an eye out. See Item # 5 On 8/15/2011 (member name) called and stated that Installer had been out and he didn’t see anything, she was very unhappy. According to (member name) after he left she looked around and found a piece of cement and she stated that was the problem. Customer was told once again that we only removed the loose foundation she wanted removed and that the problem was well below the work we had done. See Item # 2 At all times (member name) was informed that we would come out and honor our warranty, but her problem in no way was anything that we had done during or because of door installation. It was due to foundation problems well beneath the work we did. (member name) no longer contacted CT Cellar Door.

03/27/2007

Steve S.

All work was done as promised & completed in one day. They were courteous & professional. They cleaned up and removed old windows & doors. I am very satisfied with the results.

Description of Work
Replaced 4 basement windows and entry door to hatchway stairs.