HomeServe USA

Founded 2003 • With Angi since February 2012

4.2

601 Merritt 7 6th Fl

Norwalk, CT 06851

Owning a home has its challenges and dealing with emergency repairs or the need to replace a system can be overwhelming and frustrating. That’s where HomeServe USA comes in. We offer on demand emergency repair service, installations and a wide range of low-cost repair plans with access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for your home's plumbing, electrical or heating and cooling systems. There's never a deductible, we pay the technician's bill up to the benefit amount and we guarantee all covered repairs for one year! Additional DBAs - Home Emergency Insurance Solutions, HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp, Home Serve, Home Service of Texas, Home Service....

09/05/2019

Denise H.

This is an ongoing saga. My home has been without water going on 3 days now. I have had to call this company 11 times and counting to try and get service. The first 'network' contractor they sent to me hung up on me (Lorenzo Plumbing). The second contractor (Atlantic Highlands) never even called. Meanwhile I had another contractor recommeded to me by the Municipal Authority that could have already repaired this water main and Homeserve refuses to approve. Now there is a storm coming to the area. I would strongly recommend anyone looking for insurance go to any other company. This service has been HORRENDOUS especially considering I could have paid for this repair myself had I just saved the money they charge me each year for their 'insurance'.

Description of Work
water main broke

01/27/2019

Paul V.

I was without heat for ONE WEEK after calling. they claimed they were waiting for a part. Even the serviceman thought it was unheard of. $500 for yearly service.

Description of Work
No heat service

01/17/2018

JOSEPH R.

I am currently waiting and it is ridiculous when you pay $400.00 a year for hvac repair and emergency then when you need them they tell you the next day because they are too busy. What a Joke. I am waiting for my pipes to freeze it is only 39 degrees in my home since last night. When I signed up for this contract they told me they guaranteed same day service for their customers under contract in emergencies. They told me yesterday that they had hired outside techs but still could not service me that day. I asked them if the worked around the clock and I was told they work from 8:00 AM only until 10:00 PM. I would think that they would authorize overtime and work around the clock to not be backlogged to not service their people. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE SITUATION DO NOT CONSIDER HIRING THEM.. I live in a condo complex or 240 homes and have got them several new accounts but I am now asking them to find another company as I will do.

Description of Work
Had a contract for emergency service called in freezing weather for no heat and said could not service till the next day.

11/30/2017

Carol W.

The technicians were knowledgeable and courteous. However, the communication system between the call center, the technicians, and the customer left much to be desired. Despite the cold weather, I was also not able to get anyone for a "no heat" call until the next day (twice). This is not my idea of emergency service. As stated, the service men who came out were skilled and courteous. I would employ those people again.

Description of Work
Our tenants' furnace needed service.

11/02/2017

Robert B.

It went great! The technician was very knowledgeable and thorough in his work.I would recommend the company to anyone.

Description of Work
Repaired gas boiler.The pilot light did not work when the boiler was turned on,and the ignition system also was not functioning.

10/07/2017

Joseph H.

We have a contract with them. They charge our account monthly. We have had the contract for many years. They always come when they say they are gonna come. They did a good job. To put freon in the a/c and they came just when they said they were gonna come, thank god because we were had another a heat wave.

Description of Work
Put Freon in A/C

10/03/2017

ROBIN K.

It was no cost because I have a contract with them, I don't know how much it is. They were good. I don't remember what the price is, I would presume they were fine. The responsiveness was fine. They were on time. They were very professional.

Description of Work
Just a tune-up for the season.

09/20/2017

valerie S.

I'd give them all "A's" and I'd use them again. The overall service was good. They were pretty timely, everything they did was just as described.

Description of Work
Tuned up heating system, annual checkup.

09/13/2017

Patricia M. D.

It is $37.00 a month and all the parts were included, there was no additional cost. They were here hours. Their work is reliable, their help is excellent. They are a little pricey, the insurance fee per month. They did over $1000 within eight hours of my call. At that point I was coming out even.

Description of Work
They replaced parts.

08/29/2017

Joel R.

So far it is working out fine. I have not had any problem with them. They came when they said they would. I liked their reliability. It took maybe an hour for service to be done.

Description of Work
They tune up and checked the burner and made sure it was okay.

08/17/2017

Richard J.

I have a contract with Home Serve. I been with Home Serve, for what, 9 years now or 10 something like that. Home Serve do a beautiful job every year. They do inspection on my boiler, check everything anything that's a problem they repair and fix it. That's part of the contract. I have no problem with them so far I've been with them for a very long time. I use them every year in August, they come there before the Winter they would come there and service my boiler. They due to come back again this year in August again to make sure my boiler is running good for the Winter. It's part of the contract. I pay three-something a year for it and every year I call and any problem with the boiler, that's included in the price, for parts and labor all that stuff. It's beautiful. Something was wrong with my, I think my ignition light with my boiler. They came and they repair it and they were gone. Very professional, when the guys come there they explain to you, you know, they explain things to you as they work. You ask them questions and they break it down to you, which I have done numerous times, you know what I mean. They tell me how often should I change the water in my boiler. They talk to you, the repair guys are very good. They come there they do their job and they go on. Because the price I paid every year and the labor and the parts, if I had to that with a plumber, it would be a lot more than that, way a lot more. Right, so the price I pay with the contract comes to $300 a year, and that includes parts and labor, oh yeah I'll take that anytime. I would never let them go. When you call them they give you a window, you know, what time the technician gonna be there. I've never had a problem, I've been with them a very long time and I have never had any problem with them. When I call them. they tell me the time they coming, and they always there. I'm not home, my wife is home and they came and left and she text me while I'm at work. The guy came there did the boiler, and he go on. I like that.

Description of Work
Boiler maintenance.

07/12/2017

Lorraine H.

There was no cost of service. The problem is this, in New York, when you have a contract for home services, it runs rather expensive. We started off with, they weren't called HomeServe, but they were another company, for the contract for the air conditioning and the heating alone. And right now that's pretty expensive if you want to add anything on. They've added other things like plumbing and things like that. By the time you add that over to a contract, it's going to run you over $600 a year. The thing is, in Florida, we have a small place there, the same contract that includes all these things is right around $250. So the New York area is high priced for contracts and some people have them, but we have it on the basic heating and air conditioning.

Description of Work
It wasn't the service as much as it was the cleaning that was included as part of the contract. It was for the air conditioning.

07/07/2017

rebeca R.

There is always something that needs to be replaced over and over. We have used them for many years.

Description of Work
They did just an check up of our air conditioner. Just maintenance check up.

06/03/2017

Grace Z.

It was Homeserve $12/mo subscription call. Took them 2 tries. The second a few days after the first attempt failed. First guy had a bad attitude, tried to wiggle out of it, used profanity (I think a tool may have broken) and left the place a mess. Three days later it was clear the job wasn't done as the backup restarted. The second crew was better, more professional and competent. It's been 3 months and no further problems.

Description of Work
Cleared sewer line out from house to street.

Category home warranty companies, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

06/02/2017

William R.

They never sent the policy, even after repeated calls and emails. But they billed me regularly. I cancelled.

Description of Work
Purchased a policy for outdoor plumbing line

Category home warranty companies

04/03/2017

Cary S.

They sent me brochures. They don't want to do the whole job. The plumber didn't do anything. The guy ran a snake, but he did it like once a month. He does a camera so he could see if the pipes are old and they are clogged, but he doesn't do it. He says they won't okay him to use a camera. I don't know what the problem it is.

Description of Work
I have home warranty insurance through AARP, what do you call it? -- HomeServe. It includes plumbing, heating, water and things like that. They last had a plumber out here. I had trouble with the water backing up -- a clog.

Category home warranty companies, drain cleaning

03/24/2017

Richard D.

I have a contract with them. I called and set up the appointment. It was very easy. They are prompt. They do whatever they have to do. I haven't had any quality issues after they've been gone. They cover both my heating and my central air system. I have been satisfied so far.

Description of Work
They did an AC tune up.

03/17/2017

YENNY G.

I have an insurance plan with HomeServe USA. They do everything for my furnace and my hot water heater. They did an awesome job. They’re great. There was no charge. I make a monthly payment, it’s like an insurance. You make a monthly payment and then when you have any problems they just come out and they fix the problem. The only thing is the opening quote was in parts, but it was not anything that had to do with parts. It was just that I had closed the water for the furnace. The price is great too. The whole insurance is about $300 a year, and just the tune up I get from them is like a $100. It includes a yearly tune up and they will come out anytime that you need them.

Description of Work
I was having a problem with my furnace.

01/05/2017

JOHN M.

They come once a year to tune everything up. We pay an annual fee. They did a fine job. I wish they could discount it slightly. But, that's not a complaint, that's just what could be better.

Description of Work
HomeServe is a warranty company that checks our heating and air conditioning. They tuned up the heating and the air conditioning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home warranty companies

12/23/2016

Linda E.

It was fine, there was no problem. They came out and took care of the problem. It's a good deal.

Description of Work
They repaired the toilet.

Category plumbing, home warranty companies

12/15/2016

Peter C.

I had to wait a day for them to get the part and the weather wasn’t cold then but what happens if it was now. Today is the coldest day. They have to make sure they have the part on the truck. They showed up right on time. I’ve had them for 6 years.

Description of Work
I use HomeServe for heating and A/C. I have a maintenance contract. The last time they were out, they replaced the adjust valve on the heater.

12/06/2016

YENNY G.

I did my research on the price before contacting them and they were within range. The people that I worked with were very professional. They know what they are doing, which is most important. They did not mind that I asked a lot of questions, because it was my first home and I did not know much about furnaces, hot water heater and how it works, they were very informative. They also helped me to, how to do maintenance myself to avoid having problems in the future or having to buy a new furnace anytime soon.

Description of Work
Replaced hot water heater.

Category water heater repair, home warranty companies

12/06/2016

YENNY G.

It is free, it is covered, I pay about $8 a month and it covers any problems that I may have with my furnace. They are really good!

Description of Work
Tuned up my furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home warranty companies

09/08/2016

Joseph B.

They were on time and responsive. They do good work.

Description of Work
HomeServe did a tune up for my air conditioning last year.

09/08/2016

Kathryn W.

They are amazing! They provide us with a heating service plan, an electrical service plan, and a planning service plan. The cost was part of the service plan and so, it was free. The price of the service plan is very reasonable too. The annual fee does the furnace, the heating system, the plumbing and electrical. Electrical is somewhere between $300 to $500. It is incredible! I couldn't believe how good they are. It is a service worth having. It has made our lives much easier.

Description of Work
They came out for a plumbing service call. They fixed a sink.

Category plumbing