Closet & Storage Concepts

Founded 1987 • With Angi since November 2012

356 Ely Ave

Norwalk, CT 06854

Closet & Storage Concepts is a home organization and storage products company servicing thousands of satisfied customers by designing, manufacturing and installing custom closet and storage organization systems. Our professionally trained storage system designers and space planning consultants will

07/12/2019

Carl B.

We hired Karen Bradbury and her team at Closet & Storage Concepts and we were thrilled with the level of service and care we received by the whole company. Honesty, efficiency, and quality are how we would describe our experience with Closet & Storage Concepts. Without hesitation, we have recommended her many times to family and friends and the feedback we have received has been amazing.

Description of Work
Closet design and installation

04/12/2019

Melisa B.

Closet & Storage Concepts did a fabulous job on our master bedroom walk-in closet! The previous owner of our house only had a long hang bar in the closet, so we knew we wanted to maximize the storage space in our closet. Heidi was very easy to work with and listened to what we wanted. At the time we had to wait 1+ month for the installation date, but it was worth the wait! The installation team completed the project in 5 hours or so and did a wonderful job. We are really happy with our closet, and are even hiring them again to finish our other bedroom closets!

Description of Work
Master Bedroom Walk-In Closet

Category closet systems

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure working with you and [Member Name Removed]. We are so pleased that you are happy with your closets!

11/19/2018

ANN K.

This is the second time Karen has helped me with a closet system. The last time was several years ago. I was so pleased with her design, I called her again to fix two bedroom closets in our new house. Karen came out to measure, provided me with designs and worked with my suggestions/concerns. I had to wait 1.5 months from our initial meeting until they could install the closets, but it was well worth. The timing of the installation was a little rough. They were supposed to begin at 8:30, but rescheduled to noon due to the weather. They didn't show up until 1:00 and ended up staying a few minutes past the time I requested them to be gone. Regardless, I have two wonderful closets now that allow me to be as organized as I possibly can. Would use this company again.

Description of Work
Installed two closet systems

06/10/2018

Debbie M.

We are beyond thrilled with the final product. This was by far the easiest service experience we've had since purchasing our new home and endorse this company for it's professional service, beautiful designs and quick and easy installation.

Description of Work
We hired Closet & Storage Concepts to design a closet system for our master bedroom.

03/14/2018

joan K.

Very professional, courteous, great plans and install was well done. Final product is just what we wanted. Thank you to Karen and her staff.

Description of Work
New construction closets- his and hers.

09/17/2017

T B.

Excellent from start to finish. Whitney (our designer) was very patient and spent a lot of time listening to our needs and goals, configuring, counting pairs of shoes, clothes, etc. Several months after the install, we love it. The installers were very professional and did a terrific job. We would highly recommend them and will be contacting Whitney soon for our next project.

Description of Work
Custom designed 4 closets for maximum storage and flexibility.

06/10/2017

Ken R.

Great.Love the products and the company was very responsive.

Description of Work
closets throughout new house as well as two offices set up

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, home & garage organization

06/07/2017

Liz C.

From the initial design consultation to the installation, the process was seamless. Scheduling was easy, Karen and her team were very responsive and timely and the promise of more space was fulfilled, with room to spare (so to speak!) Karen even referred us to the contractor who did the removal of the existing closets and the preparation for the new ones (we bid the project out and his price was very competitive -- also first rate work!) We would not hesitate to use Closet & Storage Concepts again and to recommend the company to others.

Description of Work
We had 3 closets installed, two in the master bedroom and one in the front hall.

05/26/2017

Robert C.

Excellent on all three projects. Would not hesitate to recommend Closet and Storage Concepts.

Description of Work
Three projects: Two walk in closets in Master Bedroom. Design for both areas optimized storage, functionality and aesthetics. Quality of construction and installation was excellent. Garage storage cabinets, shelving and significant slat wall - three walls of garage. Again, design optimized use and functionality of space. Product is durable, practical and attractive. Slat wall options are very broad and they were able to provide a very efficient solution for storage of multiple five gallon water cooler bottles. Installation was seamless. Tool room cabinets and slat wall installation. Again, the design maximized use and functionality of space. My tool room went from what my wife called a catastrophe to a completely organized room. Design and installation had to make a number of accommodations to standard format in order to address floor/ceiling lines and to contain dust and work debris.

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, home & garage organization, woodworking

03/13/2017

Laura F.

It went Perfect. Just as explained. I was very happy.

Description of Work
They redesigned 5 closets

01/03/2017

Robert C.

While I had a design in mind, CS&C refined it into cad cam technology which was very helpful when the plans for the area under renovation changed. CS&C re-measured after drywall installation to confirm all specs. CS&C was very accommodative on installation following construction delays and a very tight schedule at my end. Installation was exceptional - timely arrival, great crew to work with and across the board from everyone involved at CS&C, a clear focus on pride in the product and its delivery. Would not hesitate to recommend or use them again.

Description of Work
Renovated my tool room and installed various storage cabinets and wood countertops.

10/25/2016

Andres S.

It was great. There was nothing bad.

Description of Work
They installed our master closet.

10/21/2016

Gloria H.

Category custom cabinets

10/05/2016

Zoe G.

They were great. The installation was easy, quick and clean. The installers knew exactly what they were doing. It was no hassle. They installed it, they came in and took their time. We were just communicating back and forth with what my budget is versus getting the draw squared away as to what my budget could afford. I think that is probably the worst thing. I was just trying to let them know my budget and they were just trying to let me know what they could provide for me. It was just a little pricey. The quality was good. Everything else was good except the price.

Description of Work
I had my closet installed.

Category closet systems, woodworking

08/22/2016

Kathleen H.

All went well and we are pleased that the final product is efficient and aesthetic. We even carved out an area for tennis racquets! We are pleased with this provider.

Description of Work
Karen consulted with us about installing organizational shelving in our new entry closet. All measurements were taken to best account for the items that would be stored.

08/17/2016

Matt B.

Great to.work with. They were courteous, professional and detailed. Installers were early, neat and friendly. They Worked nonstop till it was done and asking my input through the install. Excellent product and quality. It was a wonderful process from beginning to end. Definitely highly recommend.

Description of Work
Install custom closet

11/13/2015

Jane B.

They had scheduled installation for a day during the week. I took that day off of work and they never showed up. There were some minor defects in the installation and I never called them back on it. Once they did show up, that was fine.

Description of Work
It was a closet design and install.

Category custom cabinets, closet systems

12/23/2014

Deb C.

The design consultant spent time with me determining the best design to suit my needs. Karen quickly provided to me a design and the cost. She answered all of my questions via email and phone and provided a very reasonable estimate for this work. On installation day, I was extremely pleased with how efficient and neat the installers were. The closet organizer installation far exceeded my expectations. I LOVE it! I would highly recommend this company for closet & storage organization needs.

Description of Work
Designed and installed a closet organizer system in our MBR walk-in closet (one wall).

08/29/2014

Paul I.

This was, without a doubt, the best experience we have ever had with any contractor. They were attentive to all details, open to any revisions that we may have had, extremely professional and polite, prompt, and made very useful suggestions during the process. The design representative, Mary Jo Fornshell, was most knowledgeable in her field in all respects: design, measurements, and estimates. She was most open to changes during the design process and most attentive to our project. She was quick to reply when we contacted her and equally as quick to figure out design changes and get them back to us. We had an area under a staircase that was supposed to be a pantry when we remodeled, but was never finished. We were at a loss as to how to convert this rather large, albeit angular area into a good sized pantry. Mary Jo figured out a solution in a matter of minutes! There were several changes to the details of the pantry during the design process, mostly due to us changing our minds several times, and she handled it like a pro. She is a pro! We couldn't be happier. We needed our bedroom, walk-in closet redone because half of it had fallen out of the wall. Mary Jo designed a perfect walk-in closet for us that has given us twice as much hanging area for our clothes, shelf space and is extremely sturdy. We are very pleased in all respects with the bedroom closet. I should also mention that my husband had a heart attack on the very day all the plans were finalized. He was in the hospital for approximately 2 weeks as he had to have bypass surgery. So when it was time to actually schedule the work, we were totally unavailable. The company was completely flexible and left it up to us to go ahead and schedule the work when we were ready, which was 2 months later. As I am writing this, I realize that we were probably not on the A list of customers! Mary Jo even checked in by email now and then just to see how my husband was coming along, not even mentioning the scheduling of the work. When we did finally have the work done, the installers were absolutely outstanding. We had our house remodeled from a ranch to a 2-story colonial in 2000, which was obviously a huge undertaking with literally dozens of different workers to deal with. The installers from Closet & Storage Concepts were better than any of them! They arrived right on time, were very courteous, worked extremely fast, and cleaned up all areas. My husband had missed taking a picture of Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris that I had given him (pretty nice since I'm a Red Sox fan don't you think?) out of the closet when he was getting ready for the installation. One of the installers came downstairs with the picture and handled it like it was a fragile baby, and said, " I think your husband would be upset if he lost this." Then he handed it to me like you would hand a widow of a military man a folded up flag at the grave. It was incredible. He had the picture laying flat over his two hands and presented it to me. I will never forget that. Both closets came out beautiful. They are very sturdy and suit our needs perfectly. I highly recommend Closet & Storage Concepts, and would definitely contact them again. They far exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
Designed and installed bedroom walk-in closet with new double layer hanging areas and shelving. Designed and installed a pantry in an area under a staircase.

05/31/2014

Jackie L.

The installers were punctual and very professional. They installed everything in a timely fashion and were very efficient. They cleaned everything up when they were done and my beautiful closest were ready to go! The whole process was seamless and easy.

Description of Work
I have used Closet and Storage Concepts in the past and was so impressed that I decided to use them again. I had used them previously for some smaller jobs in my last condo. We just purchased a new home and decided to go big this time! We have ample closet space in our new home and the old closets weren't cutting it. The bars in the master bedroom walk-in kept falling down and there was so much wasted space. Now I finally have my dream walk-in closet and everything is organized and accessible. The updates on the other closets in the house have added so much value to our property. I'm thrilled with the results!

01/09/2014

Susan K.

They were great. They were very good to work with. The product was very good. They were easy to work with.

Description of Work
I used the services of Closet & Storage Concepts. They put in my closet.

08/12/2013

Dinesh G.

Jon and Karen are owners of CT closet and storage concepts are pleasure to work with. Jon came in to take measurements and we were very impressed by how open and honest he was around what they can deliver and how they compare with other closet solutions. After first quote, they worked with us to bring the design in alignment with our needs and budget. Karen was great and patient with changes in design that we needed. The closet in my master bedroom was installed last week and we couldnt be happier with the product. I think we got competitive price and great service throughout the process.

Description of Work
Master bedroom closet

05/13/2013

Michael T.

Closet & Storage Concepts were good. There was a slight problem with measuring. But they remeasured and re-cut everything. He took care of it. The fit was perfect. They did everything they said they were going to. They were customer focused, right from the very beginning and they're very efficient. Their installation crew is very professional. They clean up after themselves. They don't make a mess. I work from home and I had no problem while they were working, with excess noise or anything else. I was very satisfied with their service. I will be using them in the future.

Description of Work
They did a closet in my home.

03/27/2013

Janet H.

When my family moved into a house with very little storage space, they offered creative ways to give us more storage. They added a new closet. The new area included much more space. It was perfect. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Added a new closet and storage

11/06/2012

Jackie L.

My fiancé and I recently rented a studio apartment in Greenwich, which has very little closet space and storage in general. We were furnishing the apartment from scratch and needed an expert's advice to optimize what little space we have. The thought of using a Murphy Bed had never occurred to us, but Karen Bradbury, the Design Director and Owner of Closet & Storage Concepts suggested we think about this option which would provide greater flexibility in the main living area. I wasn't very enthusiastic at first, but after assessing the quality of the Murphy Bed and the ability to customize the design to work within our space it proved to be the best option. We were also able to include a small home office in the design as well as a significant amount of storage. What's great about the installation is that it can be removed and re-customized when we relocate. The landlord likes it so much, I think he will pay us to leave it as it is a great selling point. Closet & Storage Concepts also provided some space saving options in the kitchen and customized two closets as well. We are very pleased with the results and will definitely use Closet & Storage Concepts again.

Description of Work
Design, manufacture and installation of a Murphy Bed, a small home office and several closets in our Studio apartment in Greenwich.