Clear Cut Tree - SavATree

Founded 1985 • With Angi since October 2013

SavATree provides quality tree, shrub and lawn care services for your home. Our tree and lawn care specialists have the expertise needed to provide you with long term tree care solutions for both existing and potential problems while also maintaining a lush lawn. SavATree’s Certified Arborists are

tree service (77)lawn & landscaping (24)lawn care (11)mulch delivering (10)hardscaping (6)excavating (5)masonry (4)stone & gravel (3)lawn treatment (2)Patios (1)drain pipe installation (1)irrigation system (1)

04/08/2019

Renee R.

It went very well. Mike gave me a good price, and he and his crew came out quickly to do the job. They were done fast, they cleaned up the area, and they sent pictures. It could not have gone better.

Description of Work
I needed 3 trees cut down, and the stumps ground up. I also needed a huge forsythia hedge removed.

Work Completed On 04/04/2019

11/30/2018

Ian U.

Excellent, the crew was very professional, performed all the work agreed upon and left the yard and driveway clean. I could not be happier with the job.

Description of Work
remove 3 large ash trees, and 8 smaller trees

Work Completed On 11/26/2018

11/02/2018

Roy K.

These guys were great right from the start. I requested an estimate telling them that it was not an emergency, but I was ready to move on work needed. They were out there in a couple days. Mike, who came to do estimate was knowledgeable and thorough. Next day I had estimate in hand. Pricing was very competitive and I contracted that day. They showed up to work when they had promised. Work was done in a very professional style. Clean up was so good that you would not have guessed that they took down a tree and did a bunch of pruning. They actually did some work, at no extra charge, that looked to them to be needed......not a lot, but very nice and thorough of them. USE THESE GUYS!!!

Description of Work
Tree removal and pruning

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

10/09/2018

Diane L.

We have been very pleased with the work performed by Clear Cut Tree and Lawn Service. They completed two jobs for us, and each time they were professional, skilled, and used the correct equipment to perform the work exactly as described. Their team worked amazingly **** ** a very hot summer day to complete the job in a manner that exceeded our expectations. They left the area clean and neat. I would recommend Clear Cut Tree and Lawn especially for difficult tree removals.

Description of Work
Tree removal and storm clean up.

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

Review for Clear Cut Tree - SavATree  - 34 Smith St, Norwalk, CT - 37460188

07/05/2018

Benjamin G.

Great -- the spring storms meant a very long wait but they stuck with our plan and estimate and when the work could finally happen they were really thorough. I feel like I got more than I expected for a fair price, The nifty lift is awesome -- let them get right up to the trees without full truck access and saved me money. Very tidy worksite.

Description of Work
remove dead limbs and prune large trees

Work Completed On 06/29/2018

02/26/2018

Jeffrey B.

Excellent service, communication and price. Left work area tidy. Much appreciated!

Description of Work
Tree removal and cutting into logs for firewood.

Work Completed On 02/06/2018

01/04/2018

Kathy S.

Riccio removed existing, overgrown plantings, pruned a large holly tree, planted 30 arborvitae trees and fixed my retaining wall. It was a challenging project for December, but they were able to work around freezing days and got the job done in less than a week. This is the second time I hired them for a major project and both times they were very professional, and had the jobs done within the scheduled time frame. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

11/30/2017

Lisa F.

Very pleased with the work, the professionalism of the crew, follow-through by manager and easy billing system. Would gladly hire again. Fully recommend Riccio Landscaping.

Description of Work
Extensive tree and shrubbery trimming, gravel installation, landscape design

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

10/25/2017

Jennifer L.

Showed up on time, reasonably priced, got everything one in one day. Office was easy to work with and quick to respond to inquiries. Would recommend and use again.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

07/19/2017

Richard S.

Went exceedingly well. Would definitely call upon their services again. Fully satisfied!

Description of Work
Tree pruning and removal.

07/06/2017

Carlos D.

I contacted them through their Web Site, but they never contacted me back at all.

Description of Work
Needed trimming and a dangling branch removed, contacted them through their Web Site, but they never contacted me.l.

Work Completed On 06/07/2017

[Member Name Removed], I am sorry to hear you did not receive our reply to your inquiry on our website. You sent the email on 6/19/17 and we responded the same day at 4:14 pm. Is it possible that we have a typo in your email address? We absolutely respond to every inquiry we received and try to do so as quickly as we can after we receive them. If you would like to discuss this further our office phone number is 203-218-0306. Thank you

07/05/2017

Adrienne D.

Never received a quote for anything and calls to business were never returned.

Description of Work
Just a quote for grading and stump grinding.

Category lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

[Member Name Removed], So sorry that you have not received your estimate yet. Mike has been in contact with your husband regarding needing additional information to get you an accurate estimate but they have been unsuccessful in setting up a time to speak or meet. If you would like to give our office number a call I would be happy to set up a time for Mike to come back out to walk the property and go over your specific needs. Our office phone number is 203-218-0306.

06/23/2017

Thomas H.

Very Professional, team worked well, job finished on time and expertly done

Description of Work
Tree removal and trimming

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

It was a pleasure working with you!

04/17/2017

April K.

The company worked with me to find a mutually satisfying timeframe for the work and despite some unexpected snags with weather-related issues, all was completed to my liking.

Description of Work
Tree branches needed trimming

Work Completed On 03/15/2017

04/12/2017

J Stephen L.

They were very professional. They did it well, all the right stuff. They were a little higher priced than other guys but I would give them a B for price. They did it really well. I would try to use them again, price obviously makes a difference. When they actually took the tree down, they had 3 people. And then they came back afterward to grind the stump and repair the lawn and stuff. They had 3 guys then too. They had one running the stump grinder and 2 hauling whatever. So they had 3 guys at 2 different times. Getting the tree down itself, they showed up about 8 o'clock in the morning and they were done at 3 so it took about 7 hours. Then the stump took about the same amount of time to do the stump and repair the yard and so forth.

Description of Work
They took down a huge, about a 200 year old, maple tree in my front yard. For taking the tree down, grinding the stump, and doing the repair, it was right at $3000.

Work Completed On 08/25/2016

01/09/2017

Jane C.

A real shout out to a professional crew. Carl was in charge, he was onsite actively overseeing and handling the project...he had his hands dirty throughout driving diggers etc. His whole team were excellent...they executed a clean, tidy, job and you could tell they were safe and knew their stuff, it was a large job and they were so efficient or effective I am not sure what describes the project best but they handled it with knowledge. I would highly recommend using them for tree projects.

Description of Work
Cleared trees and excavated land

Category excavators, tree service

Work Completed On 11/16/2016

11/21/2016

Michael C.

Highly recommend, met with Jeff and very happy with the service he provided. Honesty and integrity are my top priorities for these types of business arrangements. I can attest that all the positive reviews you see on the company are well deserved.

Description of Work
Tree service

Work Completed On 11/19/2016

11/04/2016

Joyce & David B.

They did a great job. They totally clean up the area after they work. Removed all the logs -- many!!! They seeded where there was some unevenness due to the work. Very professional workers. Jeff Cowden, sales rep, is an expert in trees. Very impressed by him. Also met the owner, Dan. He was on sight as well to monitor work. Strongly recommend this firm.

Description of Work
I had a number of trees that had to come down and some that needed trimming. One tree was huge and close to the garage so they needed to very carefully remove it, which they did. They have top notch equipment that limits damage to lawn.

Work Completed On 09/29/2016

06/26/2016

Sam W.

John gives you the impression that he and his team will not leave until your mouth drops with admiration for the work and then they follow through just like that. They did a staggeringly good job with a massive, v-trunked maple tree at my house. They gave a very competitive price and then proceeded to nail the job. They took the tree down in chunks using a cherry picker and guy with a chain saw, chipped all the brush that was at the top of the tree, and then cut the trunk into perfect fire-size lengths. John came back the next day and stacked it all beautifully. I had tried to move some of the logs, but could barely budge most of them. I told him not to try because it's too heavy and didn't want him to hurt his back. He insisted and after an hour, he had stacked the entire unsplit trunk. Unbelievable. It's been a long while since I've seen effort, professionalism, and determination like that which John brought to this job. I am floored and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
John and his team from Riccio took down a very tall maple tree, cut it into fire length, chipped the brush, and stacked the wood neatly.

Work Completed On 06/24/2016

04/22/2016

Anthony A.

Good company, professional, and courteous. I would use again.

Description of Work
Estimate for tree removal

Work Completed On 03/25/2016

03/29/2016

Janice D.

All went well. Professional and good prices.

Description of Work
They took down two trees.

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

03/19/2016

Nadia F.

Riccio completely transformed our yard which was massively overgrown, full of ivy that was ruining everything and they chopped down some trees/branches for us. They also moved plants into the sun, laid mulch down and they did it all with a smile and in a very supportive way. It was very expensive but their timeliness and the finished work were well worth the money.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and cutting down, lawn clean up and garden clean up.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 09/15/2015

01/31/2016

Maggie B.

Great job! Quick and efficient, would use them again.

Description of Work
Removed 3 trees on the property