A1 Carpet

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2012

4.1

770 Connecticut Ave

Norwalk, CT 06854

WALL TO WALL CARPET SALES AND INSTALLATION; area rugs made to order; laminate floors and hardwood floors sales and installation; sheet vinyl (linoleum) sales and installation; LARGEST REMNANT INVENTORY IN FAIRFIELD COUNTY; lowest prices; all work guaranteed; buy today install tomorrow ! 651

01/09/2016

Veronica W.

Description of Work
The process of replacing my carpet was really painless. All my questions were answered upfront. They arrived on time for the installation. The new carpet is awesome. Thank you A-1 Carpet.

05/23/2015

Alisha A.

Gave one low quote on the phone and lured us to go to the store. At the store, started re-working the price, adding to the original quote, and using pressure tactics to close the deal right there. Super friendly at first and then loud and disrespectful in manner when we asked him to honor the original quote. Talks really loud, had a head ache by the time I left the store and could not get a word in side ways.

Description of Work
quote for residential Carpeting

01/05/2015

Neil G.

After some communication problems were resolved, the end result was good.

Description of Work
The provider installed a carpet runner on our stairs.

Category carpet installation

its a shame when a customer misrepresents the facts.

12/19/2014

Kevin F.

Description of Work
Nice new wall to wall carpet for our den 12' x 22' that fit our bud get and installed per our schedule |

10/14/2014

Theodore K.

I had the misfortune to contract with A-1 Carpet and floors for the purchase and installation of shaw wood planking in a small kitchen (approx. 108 sq feet and a small 20 sq feet entry way.) The planking was to be glued over a ceramic tile floor (one foot square). The way I understood it, they would first apply a filler to fill in the grout areas then apply the glue. How does it look? Terrible! Looking at the floor from any angle you can clearly see the grout lines across the floor. Some of the cuts around molding are less than professional, i.e, around one curved molding the installer cut it like it was the edge of a rectangle. (Looks terrible.) The entire job looks very unprofessional. When I expressed my dissatisfaction, they put me in touch with the owner, who instead of trying to make me a satisfied customer complained about the installer having to come back and clean the floor of all the glue they left on the surface and to replace a horrible looking chrome molding. In summary the old ceramic tile floor, cracks and all looked better. If you are planning on having wood planked floors installed I suggest you go elsewhere. I wasted a large sum of money.

Description of Work
They installed wood flooring.

10/03/2014

Sarah J.

Extremely knowledgeable, not your typical sales person who pushes and often in the wrong direction. I'd highly recommend working with the owner. He truly understands quality. He will not try to sell you what you don't need. I'm looking forward to placing my next order!

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in den and stairway. He came out to do the measurements himself and brought samples.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

07/14/2014

mandar P.

Licinio was great; came to take measurements right when promised. Carpet was ordered and arrived right when he said it would. then his install guys were punctual, professional, quick and did a great job.

Description of Work
installed carpet (runner) up the stairs and a carpet in basement staircase

04/22/2014

Colleen R.

Description of Work
Ripped out old carpet in 2 bedrooms, a hall and 2 staircases and installed new carpet in same locations and moved the bigger furniture as needed. We had moved everything other than 2 beds, 2 chairs and 2 dressers that we couldn't lift. The installers were on time, even early, were friendly, very expedient and thoughtful. And clean...they came with their own vacuum! Would highly recommend!

10/14/2013

Meg L.

We asked for the carpets to be ready in a couple days, and that was no problem. We picked both up. All went well!

Description of Work
We bought 2 carpet remnants that they bound. Both were high quality and look great.

07/16/2013

Cassandra P.

They did an excellent job. The fellows who did the installation were excellent. They were two brothers who apparently have been doing this for a long time. They were just very professional. They worked hard continuously. It took them a whole day because they did the whole living area including bedrooms. It was very price. Everything was wonderful when they're finished. They cleaned after themselves.

Description of Work
I used A1 Carpet for carpet installation.

05/14/2013

James W.

I hired A1 to install a very expensive $55 sq/yd carpet as a hull liner on my boat. I offered to have them buy the materials but they were not a dealer for this mill. So I bought the materials and they agreed to install it for $500 or about $40 per yard. I gave them 2 opportunities to inspect the material before they installed it. They then proceeded to install it inside out ruining $1,000 of carpet. They then refused to accept responsibility for the ruined carpet. They refunded my $500 installation fee, but insisted that they bore no responsibility for the ruined carpet. I have no choice but to sue them to recover the cost of the carpet, which I will, and I have no doubt the small claims court will agree. I will never do business with them again. Buyers beware.

Description of Work
Installation of 16 square yards of carpet as hull liner on a boat.

05/13/2013

cheryl G.

The experience was unprofessional.

Description of Work
I called the company about it services and products for wood floors. When I went to the company the store was not even open. Even thou the store hours were clearly posted on the door. I wilted awhile then finally left.

08/21/2012

Joseph P.

I stopped by a carpet shop in Stamford and didn't like what I found so I was on my way to Home Depot when I spotted the "Grand Opening" sign in front of A-1 Carpet. I stopped and went in with my two daughters and immediately met Eugene Luini (the owner). He was a helpful and open. He showed my family all possible options in our budget and exlained what the best value was and what was also the best quality. Installation was perfect and on time and his installers were friendly, clean, and quick. A-1 is a new business that is definitely working to become a leader in the area

Description of Work
My daughter's needed new carpets in their bedrooms. We were shopping for the best value but I wanted good service since I had tried Home Depot once before for the low price and ended up being disappointed. A-1 installed the 2 carpets in the girl's bedrooms.

Category carpet installation

Thank you. I am proud to be on Angie's List and will always serve the community well.

HomesTileCorp

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in tile services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

Metz Floors

Super Service Award Winner for 2016! We have over 30 years of experience and are very confident in our abilities to take on any job. We are the little guys; and we work harder. Our owner is on site at every project to ensure that each one gets the attention to detail and expertise that it deserves. Metz Floors specializes in Hardwood Flooring, Refinishing and Repair. As an independent flooring contractor we will work very hard for you! We deal in honesty. Please call us at (914) 633-7581 to schedule your appointment and free estimate.

MAJC Flooring

We will come to your home with the specific skill to design for you the flooring solution to inspire you, and that is perfect for your home. We are trained to be an expert in both flooring knowledge and flooring design. We are experts in knowing the features and benefits of all types of flooring material, and how to create for you the right design, either from one material, or using several in one design. Our job is to inspire you, and to open up for you a world of opportunity to create the most beautiful and appropriate flooring solution. The Experience has been crafted to ensure that from the first moment you contact us, through the installation of your floor and beyond, you will feel valued and held by our company. Whoever you talk to and meet, we would like you to know that the measure of our success lies solely in the measurement of your satisfaction of us. Award winning. Additional phone - (203)430-3162. Additional DBA - Majc Enterprises LLC.

Custom made area rugs; remnants cut and bound to your size; free shop in home estimate for all installations; rip up and haul away old carpet; move and put back in place all furniture; we are not done until you are happy !