Fleeting Enterprises

Founded 2004 • With Angi since September 2007

713 Main St

Newington, CT 06111

No job too small. Flat and hourly rates. Review upon request. Additional Phone: (860) 757-3447.

04/01/2014

Walter B.

They did a great job organizing and packing each item for the move. The TV, mirrors, and pictures were given extra special attention.

Description of Work
Fleeting & Sons moved our furniture from an apartment in mid-town Manhattan to our new home in Glastonbury CT. Mike & Dan found our location in Manhattan and managed a great parking spot outside the building. They were extremely careful wrapping each item and loading it on the truck. They had a great system for loading and packing the truck. All items arrived with no damage and they were just as careful removing items. There is a lot of family pride in this 3rd generation team.

03/12/2014

Sara R.

Jimmie and his crew were very professional. They took the time and care to wrap and secure all the furniture, including the big screen tv, for safe travel. Everything was delivered as promised and in the same condition it started.

Description of Work
Moved boxes and furniture from apartment to new house

03/10/2014

Kevin L.

GREAT!!! Jimmie and team were on-time and focused on each of the two trips. They carefully moved us into our new home. I am very grateful for the care, attention to detail and flexibility.

Description of Work
Moved us into our new house in two separate instances.

02/26/2014

rita F.

They were great...We called one week before our move from Storage in West Hartford to Colchester. They arrived on time worked hard and very pleasant, professional and courteous. So much better than the movers that put our furniture in storage and the price was less than they quoted.

Description of Work
Moved our furniture from storage

01/24/2014

Patrick W.

We had previously moved various items over ourself (TV, bikes, etc) and had mainly furniture and boxes, although it's not like we had a lot of stuff. However, they only had a small moving truck (14"). While they did their best to fit everything into the truck, we had to leave about 20 small boxes at our apartment and return over the course of the next week to pick them up. I'm not certain if the issue was on my side or theirs however - I don't distinctly remember if I told them how many bedrooms my apartment was when I got a price quote. |Aside from issues with the truck size, the service was very professional and prompt. Our belongings were treated with care and nothing was broken or lost. For a small move I can recommend Fleeting and Sons. If you're moving from a house or a larger apartment, you may want to confirm that they have a large enough vehicle for you.

Description of Work
We worked with Fleeting and Sons for a move from out two bedroom apartment to our new house.

01/17/2014

Bonnie N.

I did all my own packing, and Jim and his men carefully wrapped my furniture and moved all my boxes and other things. They were efficent and quick, polite and pleasant, and worked efficiently even though it was the coldest day of the winter. They did a terrific job. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Moved all my furnishings 100 miles to my new apartment.

12/17/2013

Linda S.

These movers were so careful! They treated this small job like it was just as important as an entire house! They carefully wrapped furniture to keep it safe and moved everything flawlessly. they were all amazingly polite, considerate, friendly and punctual.

Description of Work
moved three rooms of furniture to the garage and back for floor refinishing.

11/19/2013

Patricia C.

My only negative is that it wasn't over until about 1:30 a.m. but they didn't charge me anything above the original estimate.

Description of Work
Moved my furniture and wordly goods.

11/09/2013

Janice L.

Punctual, extremely pleasant, professional, talented and persistent. He was very careful and knew exactly how to move all items in some very tight situations. His assistant was as pleasant and professional as well. We would not hesitate to use this company in the future.

Description of Work
Picked up furniture from three locations and delivered same to the destination, which was a second floor apartment.

10/11/2013

Kerry W.

They were very very nice and courteous. They came when they said they would, and made a trip just to see what needed to be moved. He was punctual and very reasonably priced. He just miscalculate the time it would take for the move.

Description of Work
They moved me to the building next door.

09/21/2013

JANICE B.

it went excellent! because the store forgot the mattress he offered to come back the next day with the mattress. I orederd a platform bed with tons of drawers underneath and he put the whole thing together no prblem

Description of Work
I purchased bedroom furniture and because I wanted the old bed taken away which the name brand store wouldn't do. I hired jim and he picked up my bedroom set and delivered and put it together. it was quite time consuming they did a great job were veryclean and even took 2 old bureaus as the name brand store forgot the mattress.

Category moving companies, delivery service

09/20/2013

Allison S.

They were fantastic. We had an old sleeper sofa, TV and desk in our upstairs bedroom that needed to be moved, but we had just had our whole house painted and were worried about damage being done during the move. The guys were extremely careful and there was not a smudge or scratch anywhere. They hauled the sofa, TV and an old CD case to the dump for us, and left the desk downstairs. Completely professional and efficient, we will absolutely hire again! Thank you!

Description of Work
Took sleeper sofa, old TV and CD case to the dump, moved desk.

09/09/2013

Laurie G.

Everything went well. They were very neat & clean & careful & took every precaution needed to insure a problem from move in a timely manner. Very professional.

Description of Work
move furniture from a condo unit to a residential home.

09/09/2013

Therese B.

They did a great job and if I needed to move something again, I would use them. To top it off, he is a very nice man.

Description of Work
He moved and set up a large TV.

08/27/2013

Sherry O.

Needed my heavy treadmill moved from one floor to 2nd floor. Owner stopped by to measure and assess. That weekend he came with a young man. Wrapped and tied the treadmill so as not to damage the equipment or the stairway. Even came at 7 am for my convenience.. Three weeks prior had full blown move. Wish I had known about fleeting and sons. I am dealing with damage and still reeling from cussing.

Description of Work
Needed my heavy treadmill moved from one floor to 2nd floor.

08/26/2013

Cheryl C.

They moved a refrigerator from a friend's house in Windsor to ours in Glastonbury. At our house he needed to move the old fridge to the garage, take off the front door and move the new fridge in, then replace the front door. All went well. They were very professional, punctual, careful and friendly. I would not hesitate to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Moved a refrigerator.

08/13/2013

Karen M.

The company worked with us to set a date before the end of the month. They came at the time they had told us and were careful with everything they were moving. It was all done by 4:00 and nothing was damaged or marked. The price was slightly lower than the quote and we actually added a couple large items that we did not list at the start.

Description of Work
Moving furniture from Newington to Torrington with a stop in Bristol to pick up more furniture

07/22/2013

Carol D.

They arrived on time. Very meticulous in wrapping the furniture. I had a very heavy and cumbersome sofa made of leather. They were able to maneuver it around a sharp turn and down a steep flight of stairs. Delivered in one piece in perfect condition. Very pleasant to deal with.

Description of Work
Moved office furniture, to another location

07/17/2013

TONI A.

These folks were timely, professional and treated the furniture very carefully, properly wrapping everything in moving blankets secured by moving "rubber bands", and taking great care not to mar walls or other furniture. On top of it, They were pleasant. I would certainly use them again

Description of Work
picked up table, chairs, buffet from point of sale and delivered it to my home. Moved in place dining set to different location in house. .

06/11/2013

Maggie R.

Jim and his crew showed up at 7:30am and worked very hard all day to ensure the move was completed by 5pm as I had to be somewhere. They took very good care of all my furniture by wrapping anything that was breakable. They were friendly and helpful with a couple of things that were above and beyond the call of duty, such as helping out with a rug that needed to be put down in the place I was moving from. I was very impressed with everyone on the team... all very professional and hard-working. I would hire them again in a heartbeat and recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Moved my furniture from West Hartford to Avon.

06/03/2013

Kathy M.

Great communicatio Even though we did not end up using this service, they were very professional and courteous They did timely follow up with all of our questions

Description of Work
Did not use this service--cost prohibitive

05/08/2013

Laura A.

At the time we were considering a furniture only move. I called and gave them a list of the furniture we wanted moved. The man I spoke with said that they would call me back with an estimate. The next day I got a call from them the woman on the phone said that the estimate for moving a 2 bedroom house was $1300. I said wait you are giving me the wrong estimate we are moving a 1 bedroom apartment. She then apologized and said that she had two estimates side by side and that she read the wrong information but that the price part was accurate. This price seemed really high for the move we were requesting. We went with another company that only charged us $455 (before a discount) for moving the furniture and some additional boxes.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for moving from a first floor 1 bedroom apartment to a ranch house.

04/26/2013

Ruth L.

The guys were very pleasant to work with. They took their time to make sure my furniture was protected and transported with no issues. He was willing to adjust his price and I thought it was very fair and reasonable. I would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Moving to my new place

04/19/2013

John W.

Arrived to the minute as they said. Mr. Fleeting came to help his nephew and a friend of family pack the truck. All items were packed with the utmost care arrived in NJ on time and moved me in 2 hours.

Description of Work
Moved bedroom furniture and 35 containers from home in CT to Hoboken, NJ Moved into an apt 2nd floor on a main very busy st in Hoboken.

03/27/2013

Lisa H.

Our service was scheduled just a few days after calling. They arrived on time and looked over the job carefully before taking the desk apart. Blankets were layed out to protect the floors between the front door and where the job was being performed. They were very professional and polite and reasonably priced. They took their time and didn't rush the job and were gentle and patient getting the desk out the door. Also, the desk was wrapped to protect the woodwork. Job well done. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
A very heavy roll top desk was taken apart, removed from our house and delivered to another location.

Great Movers - Connecticut

Moving in general comes with its own set of challenges. Our professional crew has years of experience in the industry handling every sort of moving issue you can imagine.

ADVANTAGE MOVING

Advantage Moving & Storage wants to move you!! We are a local Plainville, CT based full scale moving and storage company that prides itself on excellent service and unbeatable price. We promise to offer the very lowest rates on any move, and the most impeccable service. Our movers are experienced, hard working, clean cut guys that understand moving is more then a job and more of an art. What you move are your life long possessions, everything you have worked hard to acquire to represent you, and don’t you want them to be handled with the up most care and respect. We offer full packing materials and unpacking at the lowest cost. We have a large climate controlled warehouse for all your storage needs. We are fully licensed and insured. You’re in good hands, but don’t forget the best part of all… We have the ABSOLUTE LOWEST RATES and your going to save lots of $$$$. Call us today for a free estimate. Please visit our website

2022 Super Service Award

Dependable Delivery and Logistics, LLC

Moving and Courier Services, cargo delivery, furniture delivery, transport, hauling, OTR, same day delivery options available. If you bought and need help getting it home, call us! We can help. Do you need help moving items to or from your apartment, or college dorm room? Need help moving that new mattress or sofa? Enclosed cargo van with high ceiling, perfect for furniture or motorcycle transport. If it fits, we can deliver it. Local or long distance options. Flat rate and per mile options available.

Delivery Service

In-House Furniture Moving. Junk Removal. Handyman Services.