Electrical Connection Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since November 2007

36 Holland Dr

Newington, CT 06111

Electrical Connection, Inc. is a central Connecticut based full service electrical contractor with over 27 years of experience. Our large staff of licensed skilled electricians and a fleet of over 17 fully equipped vans are available to you 24/7. Electrical Connection, Inc. takes pride in offering quality service to the entire state of Connecticut....

10/20/2015

Karen A.

The initial consult for the work was thorough and I had a quote in minutes. Bill called the office and scheduled the work to be done in two weeks. He was on time, professional, helpful ( explaining what he found, where), thorough, and clean (he even vacuumed. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I had a sidewalk worked on and the installer hit the electrical line running to a post light. Electrical Connection found and repaired the damage caused by a shovel and replaced the lights damaged by it. I purchased new post and light, lights for outside the garage and front door and they installed them and moved an outlet in the basement and installed two timer switches.

Category electrician,lighting,outdoor lighting

07/17/2015

Laura B.

We live in a condo association. Electrical Connection met our community's insurance requirements and received good references on Angie's List, so I called them to do some work in the community. The unit owner was extremely pleased with the quality of their work, professionalism, that they showed up on time and would definitely use them again. I will continue to recommend them to other unit owners in the community.

Description of Work
installed outdoor electrical pathway lights

05/28/2015

Don N.

Was on time, but spent the first half-hour casing the work to be done and (I gather) phoning HQ to determine a price. Technician was very good, knowledgeable, quickly puzzled out two wiring patterns that were not immediately clear. He spent an hour and a half, doing the work very efficiently. Even with an Angie's List discount it was $554, or $370/hour, which I'd call on the pricey side. He had been prepared to scout the work and present me with a contract proposal, assuming I'd want him to come back another time. I don't know what would have happened if I'd said the price was too high, call HQ back.

Description of Work
Replaced two ceiling light fixtures and switches; rewired switch to lights in bump out window.

03/10/2015

Greg F.

Our experience was great!. Our electrician was very kind and EXTREMELY knowledgeable about everything. We asked him a TON of questions and he was more than happy to answer all of them. Since we are new homeowners we were getting worried about what type of wiring we had throughout our house (we wanted to upgrade some of the lighting fixtures and some other things as well) and gave us peace-of-mind while giving us advice about certain things for us to think about doing in the future. We would recommend this company 100% and if we need electrical help in the future we will be calling them! It was also great that they offered us a 7:30 am appointment. Thanks for the amazing service!

Description of Work
Inspected electrical box and installed a whole house surge protector (and gave lots of advice and information!).

10/01/2014

Maria A.

Great. I love that they offer a 7 am appt--as a single working person it's often hard to fit in seeing work people. Electrician was prompt, very clean (even put booties on to come into the house), exceedingly pleasant and explained everything, including charges and potential costs of different kinds of switches. Would definitely recommend and will absolutely use again.

Description of Work
Two electronic dimmer switches had ceased working--he replaced them.

09/14/2014

DONNA D.

Extremely satisfied with all aspects of service. Serviceman went out of his way to answer all my questions even after he was finished with the jobs. This is my first house so, believe me, I had a lot of questions. Will definitely be doing business with them again. Thanks, Bill!

Description of Work
Replaced outdoor motion light to floodlight. Installed dimmer switch in kitchen to replace one with a short inside. Found lose connection in light over kitchen sink and repaired.

Category electrician,lighting,outdoor lighting

07/30/2014

Cheryl H.

In addition to having a great rating on Angie's List, Electrical Connection was recommended to me by a neighbor who has them service his generator. From the moment my call was answered, I knew that I was in good hands. Marcie worked with me to schedule my service and my neighbor's for the same day. Bill arrived on time and went right to work. He was wonderful about explaining the importance of servicing my generator on a regular basis and showed me how to check the generator myself to see the number of minutes the generator has clocked. When the job was completed, Bill explained the cost and the choice to have a service contract with the company. Bill also mentioned a new type of central air that works well with a cape. I mentioned some other electrical issues that I had. Bill wrote down my information and agreed to pass on the information to Marcie. Marcie and I spoke the next day and I scheduled a day for Bill to take care of my electrical problems, and a day for Dan to come out to price and explain the new air conditioning system. I couldn't be happier with the service from Electrical Connection.

Description of Work
Serviced Generator

Category electrician,generator service

04/16/2014

Bao L.

Thought that the bathroom fan was bad and need to replace. The vendor did the initial troubleshooting in the bathroom outlet and didn't see the circuit was on. I then request the full diagnotic to see where was the disconnect. it turned out be a separate circuit breaker in the basement that was off. The cost was little high but the service was great.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot why my bathroom fan wasn't working.

04/15/2013

Margot L.

The service turned out fine. The young man that came was very nice. He was careful and very pleasent.

Description of Work
I hired them to hang a chandelier for me.

Category lighting

04/15/2013

Reginald L.

The service went well. It was a little expensive.

Description of Work
They did the electrical in our bathroom.

Powers Guaranteed Services

Founded in 1994 by Al Powers, Powers Guaranteed Services (PGS) began by providing standby generator installation and service to the New England area. Over 28 years later, we have grown from a one-person operation to a company of over 70 valuable staff members and technicians who align on our core values of integrity, service, and communication, and we keep our word to our customers by consistently applying these values to each job we perform. PGS proudly employs licensed electricians, gas fitters, and EGSA-Certified generator service technicians (a certification which is earned by only a few generator technicians in the Northeast). Our factory-trained staff is continually expanding their knowledge to ensure we stay current on the latest developments within the industry.

Alarm New England

Alarm New England has 50 years of experience providing 27,000+ customers with home and business security systems. Our wireless security system is professionally installed by one of our 52 full-time in house technicians. Our office in MA is located at 2 Park Plaza, Boston MA. All of our business and home alarm systems are monitored by our central station 24/7 365 days a year with a redundancy central station on the west coast in case of drastic environmental emergency. We do NOT install or support NEST or RING products! Our services include: Home Security Systems, Wireless Security Systems, Access Control Systems, Home Automation, Alarm Monitoring, Fire Alarm Monitoring, Fire Alarm Systems, Security Cameras, Indoor - Outdoor - Doorbell - Dome Cameras & more! Smart Locks - Smart Thermostats - Low Temp Sensors, Heat Sensors, Garage Liftmaster Integration, & more! Local & family owned for 50+ Years we strive to bring you the highest level of service possible. Alarm New England has 9 full-time customer care agents ready to help you in case you ever have any issue with your system. Our Manufactures include: Alarm.com - Qolsys - Yale - 3xLogic - Sonitrol Intrusion - & more! Licenses: Connecticut-License # 105998. Massachusetts- License # C1495. License # 11975A. Rhode Island-License # 4594 License # TSC3188. License # AF09201.

ADT

Offers by ADT on Angi

Residential & Commercial, Generator Installation & Service, Electrical Home Safety Inspections, New Wiring, Renovation & Additions, Service Upgrades, Whole House Surge Protection, Lighting Installation & Repair, Ceiling Fan Installation, Chandelier Installation, Light Post Wiring & Installation, Fire & Smoke Alarms, Attic & Exhaust Fans, Cable Tv & Computer Wiring, Tv Wall Mount, Central Vacuum Systems, Security System Installation & Monitoring, Surround Sound System Installation & Repair

NA