BA Builders LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since November 2009

BA Builders, LLC does new construction and remodeling for residential and commercial properties. Whether doing the work himself or using subcontractors, owner, Basim Abadir, oversees every step of the project. From start to finish BA Builders prides itself with strong attention to detail, giving

A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

home remodeling (10)basement remodeling (9)woodworking (4)roofing (4)drywall (4)interior painting (3)siding companies (3)door installation (2)decks & porches (1)general contractors (1)

03/17/2019

Mary S.

We have hired Basim three times over the past four years to perform the jobs listed below. He is always timely and reasonable with his quotes, extremely well organized, versatile, responsive, and does excellent work. All of the work listed here was completed on time and on budget. We intend to hire him again for other projects and highly recommend him. 1) bathroom renovations (2018): two bathrooms; demo and install new tile/shower/vanity 2) kitchen (2017): install backsplash, install microwave, extend range vent through roof (was venting into attic), paint walls and ceiling 3) deck (2017): demo old deck and build 16' x 20' ground-level deck with wraparound step 4) water damage repair (2015): ice dams caused interior water leakage; exterior: replaced shingles, sealed around vent pipe and chimney, replaced rotted siding; interior: replaced drywall/ceiling in two bathrooms, painted

Description of Work
water damage repair (roof, siding, interior walls and ceilings), ground-level deck, kitchen backsplash, bathroom renovations

Category decks, drywall, remodeling, siding, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/07/2018

Review for BA Builders LLC - 114 Richard St, Newington, CT - 37766468

11/10/2018

Elaine T.

The project went very well. Basim is a pleasure to work with. Great communication, great workmanship, fast, flexible and efficient. This was a relatively complex kitchen remodel. No surprises (except for an electrical code puzzle that resolved nicely). We wanted many unique design features and achieved all of them with Basim's help. Demo to having working sinks again was less than 4 weeks. Total labor cost was $20,000. We LOVE our new kitchen. We highly recommend Basim and would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/15/2018

Review for BA Builders LLC - 114 Richard St, Newington, CT - 37543768

03/31/2017

Laurie M.

Basim and his team are extremely professional, they were very fast and offer high quality work. I had several set backs on the project when ordering supplies and he was very helpful in troubleshooting. Extremely high attention to detail and responsive to questions, well worth what I paid. I've recommended him to family and friends.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/12/2016

03/09/2017

Alexander M.

Terrific! He was superb. What stool out to me was his speed and price. We were selling the house, so it had to happen before the closing.

Description of Work
I hire him to work on the house that we were selling. He did reconstruction work on the supporting post in the basement.

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/15/2016

06/29/2015

Bryndis A.

All of the work that Basim and his employees was done very skillfully, promptly, and at reasonable prices. He gave excellent suggestions for the projects that I'm glad I followed. When I had any questions, he always responded prompt; it was a pleasure to work with him.

Description of Work
Replaced roof, repaired water damage to ceilings and walls, add a kitchen island, painting, and siding repair.

Category drywall, remodeling, roofing, siding, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/15/2012

05/01/2015

Linda V.

Basim and his crew were very professional and responsive to our questions and needs, very flexible with his time and creative with our design ideas all staying within a reasonable budget to get the work done and in a timely manor. We are very pleased with the final product. To start he did the overall general contracting work coordinating with my chosen plumber and electrician (Cost above does not include the additional 13K for that work for a total of 40k for project). He was very accommodating of us in the process. Approximately 800 SQFT of basement renovations were completed with all new floors, some new framing, walls, ceilings, stairs and finish carpentry doors and jambs, etc. In the process we got a new bedroom with closet and new egress window, large living room with stone veneer hearth, full tiled bath with comfortable sized shower, fully tiled mud room and separate storage rooms. His expertise is carpentry and tile work which both were of high quality and with an eye for detail and finish. The only thing he didn't do (which he could but we asked to do to save money) was painting and staining all the walls, doors and trim. This was a big job for us but again he accommodated our request to help save money by letting us do this work and be flexible with timelines to get it done. Basim helped us find the right materials and make design changes, sometimes with only a 1/2 day notice, based on research and new types of materials helping to improve quality and in some cases save money. Having lived in the new space for about 9 months now, I don't have anything to say negative about the project. In fact we are so pleased with the work, we are planning to call him back this spring for a much smaller project in our upstairs bathroom to re-insulate the floor and outside walls, re-tile and prep and paint the walls and possibly provide attic ventilation. I would highly recommend Basim for any large or small projects you may have.

Description of Work
Complete Basement Renovation

Category remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/18/2014

01/14/2015

TUAN T.

They did an excellent job. They were professional and honest. The customer service was excellent. The job was finished on time. The quality of work was above and beyond. I would recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
BA Builders did my roof.

Work Completed On 06/03/2014

06/11/2014

Bryndis A.

BA Builders LLC were a pleasure to work with. The work was reasonably priced, skillfully done within expected time line and all of my questions answered thoroughly. I recommend them without any reservations.

Description of Work
Replaced roof, repaired water damage including re-surfacing and painting walls and ceilings, replacing porch ceiling, creating kitchen island, installing bathroom cabinets, storm door and adding missing siding.

Category drywall, roofing, siding, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/01/2012

05/31/2014

ALEX V.

Description of Work
Ask for a quote to repair a house that I would like to purchase spoke to about 15 different contractors and not 1 charged me for a quote. Contractor says that's there policy.

Work Completed On 05/19/2014

Hi [member name removed], Hope all is going well with the purchase of your new home. We have implemented this policy for non owners because the goal of our company is to provide homeowners with quality craftsmanship for all their projects, not just bids. In the past we have offered many free estimates to individuals before the funding or property was available, which started to take a lot of time for something that was just a "possibility". Even though the purchasing of this home may have been a definite for you we still have to consider our past experiences. We put together exact and accurate quotes which take a lot of time and resources. From my understanding you already have 15 quotes coming in ours should have not made a difference. I would like to let you know again that the $150.00 charge would have been credited towards the project if you chose BA Builders, LLC to complete the work. Please let me know if you own the home and I will be more than happy to come out and put together a FREE estimate. Thank you for considering our company for a quote on this project. Basim Abadir Owner, BA Builders, LLC

04/29/2014

Shelly M.

The owner was on time, performed work that exceeded expectations, finished on time and on budget. Cleaned up nicely at the end of each day. We supplied doors.

Description of Work
Replace front door. Created and finished new trim for 2 rooms. Installed bookshelf. Created and finished trim for 2 more rooms and hallway. Installed and trimmed back door.

Category contractors, remodeling, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 01/01/2012

04/15/2014

Terry A.

He is on time, extremely neat, and very particular about his work. He worked well with the kitchen planner. He did make some suggestions, such as opening up a wall. He advised the granite cutter to cut from a large piece of granite a corner piece to avoid a seam. His cost was reasonable for the ultra-quality of his work. I have recommended him to many others who are absolutely, positively happy with the work that he has done. His customer base has expanded. He is pleasant to work with and be around. I would not hire anyone else to do work inside my home.

Description of Work
He gutted the kitchen and the family room and he worked with our kitchen planner to remodel our kitchen. In 2009 we also used him to remodel our bathroom.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/13/2011

04/14/2014

Raymond M.

Estimate was very detailed and helpful to me in how I was planning the project. Though the estimate was fair we went with another contractor.

Description of Work
Estimate was provided for a project finishing my basement.

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/01/2013

04/08/2014

bette R.

Not the least expensive but not he most expensive either. Work performed was higher than expected, so it was worth every penny. Wonderful to work with, all work done to highest standard's.....his! I would recommend without hessitation and have. Smart, intelligent, well thought out planning, timely , good interpersonal skills and very tidy. Left no loose ends and no debris.I give my job and his performance A++++

Description of Work
finished my basement, removed and installed new ceiling on porch.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 08/01/2012

04/06/2014

Partha S.

Basim called to enquire about what the work was the day after we bought the deal. He setup an appointment and came on time. Once he opened the ceiling fan package (which i bought at a local store) it became apparent i needed a longer rod because of the ceiling height. it took me a while to get the rod, but Basim was patient while he worked on other tasks. when it was time to fix cabinet door hinges, he fixed all that we asked him to fix and looked at doors that he thought might soon have issues and fixed those hinges as well. Basim did a fantastic job and stayed longer than the 4 hours and was very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 ceiling fans, fixed 2 slider doors, 1 bi-fold door, many cabinet door hinges that were not closing well.

Work Completed On 04/02/2014

02/24/2014

Alan T.

They reasonably did a good job. I only had two dislikes, one is that the joint from the window trim not stay completely flush of as time went on and the bigger one was they used a spiral saw to also cut out the outlets. They cut some of them quite large, I had to buy oversize covers that actually covered the hole of the wall. It was actually so much larger than the box. There are couple of occasions where he was going around inside of the box, he hit and cut through the electrical wiring so I had to replace the wires.

Description of Work
BA Builders did work for me. They did some sheet rock and trim work for me.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 02/23/2011

08/02/2012

steven L.

From budget to conclusion it was a great experience working with BA Builders. They were on time, in budget and delivered exceptional quality. BA Builders attention to detail and customer service was excellent. We love our kitchen. We highly recommedn using BA Builders. We will be using BA Builders again in the near future to build a bedroom in our basement.

Description of Work
BA Builders remodelled our kitchen. This included cutting an opening in a wall for a breakfast bar as well as flooring, cabinets, granite countertops, electrical, plumbing & painting.

Work Completed On 09/01/2011

09/29/2011

steven L.

We had a specific budget and timeframe that we wanted the project completed in and BA Builders was in budget and completed ontime and did a fantastic job. They were very professional, extremely neat and arrived every day when they said. They arranged the contractors (electrical, plumbing, granite installers & floor sanding) and they arrived as scheduled. Their craftsmanship was excellent and their attention to detail was exceptional. We are very pleased with BA Builders, we highly recommend them and will be using them in the near future to build an addition.

Description of Work
We hired BA Builders to remodel our kitchen. This included cutting open a wall from the kitchen to the dining room to put in a breakfast bar, installing new wood floor, new cabinets, new granite countertops, electrical, plumbing, tiling the walls, painting and installing a ceiling vent through our roof as well as patching the roof. .

Work Completed On 08/26/2011

12/28/2010

Darlene Z.

They did a really nice job. They were responsive and did what I wanted. They were reasonably priced. They kept plan and communication open through the project. They were great to deal with, and they were very pleasant. I had a very positive experience with them, and I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
I used BA Builders at the beginning of this year for basement remodeling. They worked on the ceiling and the stair wall.

Work Completed On 01/22/2010

11/12/2009

Darlene Z.

They referred us an electrician for some electrical work. They were great. They were very responsive and helpful in terms of coming up with solutions. They were smart and prompt as well. They were very good. If need be, then I would use their services in the future and I would refer them to others as well.

Description of Work
We used the services of B A Builders about a couple of weeks ago to do some reconstruction work in our basement.

Work Completed On 10/21/2009