Right Choice Remodeling

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2008

------------ "Have Hammer - Will Travel" Call Us For A Prompt Courteous Estimate --------- We Are Experts In The Remodeling Field. We Love What We Do And You'll Love What We Do For You. With Over 30 Years of Hands On Experience In All Phases Of Home Remodeling, We Can Handle Your Projects, Big or Small, From Start To Finish. Please call us today to schedule your appointment - (203) 240-3298...

J&N PREMIER CONTRACTORS LLC

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Able Roofing

SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER-Roofing -4 Years in a Row! (2015-16-17-18) Licensed in Westchester, Dutchess, and Putnam Counties, and the state of Connecticut. Hello, my name is Chris Sanservino, I am the owner of Able Roofing and Home Improvements. For over 25 years I have been involved in the building trades, including roofing and many different aspects of residential and commercial building. This translates to a complete job for my customers. These varied skills allow me to find potential problems that others may overlook. I stay on all my projects and oversee the work to ensure a professional outcome. I use top quality materials and guarantee proper installation. If you are looking for honest, competitive pricing, without hidden charges, then give Able Roofing a call.

Offers by Able Roofing on Angi
Yorktown Painting

Yorktown Painting Contracting Inc is a full service, fully insured residential Painting company in Westchester county NY. Our team of professionally trained painters follows craftsmanship operating procedures to insure longevity and best protection for painted surfaces. Industry standards and procedures set forth by PDCA (Painting and Decorating Contractors of America) guarantee every job receives a thorough specification and methodical execution plan. Home owners have many choices when it comes to hiring painting contractors but not everyone can deliver what they advertise. Contact us for a no obligation consultation and estimate - 914.837.7301

12/11/2015

- -.

I am writing this review hoping that others can avoid the agonizing experience that I had with Richard Erdman of Right Choice Remodeling. I hired him in July 2015 to remodel my porch, based on recommendations I had seen online. When the job was completed there were constructions errors, missed commitments, scheduling failures, cost overruns, and broken promises. Mr. Erdman always had an excuse or an explanation, as if they were due to my shortcomings rather than his. He was not customer focused. I lost all confidence and trust in his ability to complete the job correctly, on time, and within budget. I hired another contractor to complete the job and informed Mr. Erdman that I would no longer be using his services. Then began the hardships and injustice I was subjected to by Richard Erdman. Mr. Erdman demanded payment $1,600 for window installation that was originally planned but that he would not be doing, and for materials he had claimed he had purchased. He never produced the receipts for those materials despite three requests from me. He threatened to place a mechanic's lien on my home and to sue me for $5,000+ for breach of contract. On October 7, 2015 he received my check for $2,500 and agreed upon that amount for materials purchased and for release of contract. That amount included the payment for windows that were not installed. He still failed to give me the requested receipts or the release form. I paid the new contractor and a mason a total of $10,036 for the work which was include solving the following problems that Mr. Erdman created: 1. Two customer windows and a custom door were incorrectly sized 2. Three concrete steps were poured with riser heights of 6 inches, 6.5 inches, and 9 inches. 3. Mr. Erdman ordered $1,500 worth of extra materials from a supply store. The store is more than a 1 hour drive from my home, so they would not come to retrieve the materials. My new contractor charged me $210 to return them. In summary, Mr. Erdman failed to perform per contract, inappropriate threatened and intimidated me, and took advantage of me as a home owner and a customer.

Description of Work
I hired Right Choice Remodeling in July 2015 to remodel my porch

Category decks

11/02/2015

eileen B.

Richard was punctional and very responsive. He explained all the steps in detail and was always available to answer questions. He provided photos of work in progress and checked in with me regularly. His work was completed professionally and within the deadlines we discussed. I was very satisfied with the work he completed.

Description of Work
Coordinated the Installation of new strip oak flooring in 3 rooms. Installed new shoe molding above all flooring. Removed and reinstalled front door to be above the floor height to allow for new oak floors. Installed new screen door. Installed new bathroom floor replacing linoleum with tile. Remove tile around tub wall. installed new cement board, tiled and grouted. Picked up and delivered materials to site as part of pricing.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,doors

10/10/2015

Gary G.

The work was phenomenal! It looks great and Rich and his son take great care to get things right. Very courteous guys who call and let you know ahead of time exactly when they'll arrive, which is something we're not use to with contractors, quite frankly. The price was much lower than any other bids we received.

Description of Work
Added white vented soffits and fascia caps

Category remodeling,roofing,siding

07/13/2015

DERRIN Z.

Communication was terrific. Work ethic is terrific. Workmanship was terrific.

Description of Work
Did work on the outside deck. Replaced worn and rotted wood. Shored up unstable areas. Added stairs.

Category contractors,decks,remodeling,woodworking

05/11/2015

Erica R.

After countless estimates and proposals from other contractors, I met with Rich and walked him through the extensive work that had to be done to the foreclosure my husband and I purchased in March of 2014. Rich was the only contractor that came back with a detailed list of all the jobs as well as itemized pricing per job at a very reasonable price. Because of the significant work that had to be done to the house - Rich worked on the house between May 2014-October 2014. (we recently re-hired him to come back and build a wooden walkway for outside the house which he is working on as I type this.) Richs dedication to his craft as well as his solid work ethic impressed many of my neighbors whom contracted him out for their own home projects as well as my parents who hired them to do work on their house. No job is too big or too small for Rich to handle. As long as he has his coffee and water throughout the day - he will work from sun up to sun down! I highly recommend Right Choice Remodel for all of your home improvement needs!

Description of Work
*New Kitchen (New Sink, new cabinets, new countertop, new layout.) *New Garage (Extensive demolition/teardown of existing garage, corrected existing foundation problems, new sheetrock, new cement floor, ect..) *Moved existing oil tank and built wooden box around it. *Installed steel pillars in basement to correct foundation problems. *Fixed plumbing in lower level bathroom. *Installed in new windows in basement/bedroom. *Installed 3 new doors throughout house. *Tore down and rebuilt rotted deck. *Built step in front of house. *Built crawlspace for storage in attic/top of garage for storage. *Installed new siding *Built wooden fence/chain link fence for dog run.

Category concrete repair,decks,drywall,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,garage builders,home builders,woodworking,home remodeling,doors

10/06/2014

Paul G.

Rich was on-time, professional, on budget and extremely considerate of my parents at every step of the process. He also took the time to keep me updated (I live out of state) on the project. And the quality of work was first rate.

Description of Work
Rich built a set of basement stairs for my parents in New Milford.

04/15/2014

Betsy T.

We had an appointment with Rich from Right Choice Saturday afternoon. He never showed up and we never heard from him. This is totally unacceptable. At least have the decency to call and cancel.

Description of Work
NO SHOW - NO CALL

Category remodeling

The only appointment we had was a week before at 12:30 on the 5th of April, which this homeowner cancelled at 12:00 while I was in transit. No problem or complaint by me. She did want to reschedule and was supposed to call me to confirm. I never received that phone call and no appointment was ever rescheduled.

03/25/2014

lisa D.

. Installed new bath surround , tub , floor , paint .light fixtures , woodwork , insulation , sheet rock and trim .plus a few other odd job s in my apt. BEAUTIFUL JOB.QUALITY WORK .BEST PRICES

Description of Work
I had a horrible flood in my apt , Mr Erdman came right out to assess the damages and within one week the job was done..Mr Erdman put in endless time and energy to make sure my home with put back together the correct way . Mr Erdman does quality work , he had done some small work for me prior to this huge job and his prices were fair and reasonable . It is hard to find a workman like Mr. Erdman. I own several homes and has been burnt by shoddy workmen in the past . I can only give high praise to this gentleman.Mr Erdman touched base with me every step of the way and explained every detail and option available to me .Mr. Erdman is a master craftsman , I am so glad I have finally found a workman that I can trust to do quality work that lasts.

Category drywall,insulation,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

03/18/2014

Biju V.

Explained our vision to Rich and boy; did he deliver. Our reading room shelving project required a wall that wouldl house five sconces that will overlook the shelves. Rich measured, cut and built us a soffit for our lighting . Professional, on time and great at what he does. He even help us pick out the lumber for our shelves. We couldn't have been more pleased with the finished product.

Description of Work
Building a frame on the wall for scones in the living room

11/04/2013

Kate T.

We were very happy with the work Rich did for us. He was very insightful and full of ideas. He laid all our options out and explained everything in detail. He was always punctual and returned calls promptly. We have already contacted him to do more work for us and will continue to use him in the future.

Description of Work
Rich removed the existing flooring in our dining room, kitchen and family room. He leveled the floor and then installed hard wood floors. He installed new floor, door and window trim in the three rooms. He widened the doorway from our kitchen to our dining room and the opening from our kitchen to the family room was also opened up to make it one room. He replaced the door into our sunroom and also an exterior garage door. Rich removed the kitchen cabinets and installed new cabinets, a new sink, and new countertops. He installed new sheetrock in the kitchen and designed and created a custom window for behind our kitchen sink. Rich turned 2 ugly nooks in our dining room into awesome walk in pantries. First, he gutted the nooks, then expanded them, installed new sheetrock, painted them, installed new doors and trim, and then installed custom shelves in them. He fixed our dining room ceiling which was not level and also removed and installed new crown molding. The covers on 2 radiators were also removed and new covers were installed.

Category drywall,hardwood floor,remodeling,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,doors

Right Choice Remodeling

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2008

P.O. Box 8117

New Fairfield, CT 06812

Kitchen, Bath and Project Design and General Drawings for Permit Acquisition. General Oversight All Phases and Trades for Entire Project. Low Cost Written Estimates.

Services outside our area of expertise or that require special or additional licensing.