House Doctors LLC

Founded 1992 • With Angi since July 2010

4.2

We are your one stop home improvement contractor....

Arnold's Masonry and Construction LLC

Call us today for a free estimate! 203-808-6886 E-mail: arnoldbestmason@aol.com Since 1973, Arnold's Masonry And Construction LLC is a Family Owned and Operated business. We bring decades of experience on masonry and construction. Providing the old worlds craftsmanship to the new world projects. We are fully insured and licensed. High quality craftsmanship, reasonable rates, local references upon request. We will treat your home like it is ours and make sure we leave you 100% satisfied with our work. Our Service will exceed your expectations! We cater to any type of masonry, concrete, landscaping and asphalt work.

Veloso Cleaning Service

Tanis Masonry Inc.

We have been serving the area of Hartford, Connecticut for over 16 years - specializing in masonry projects. Our company's mission is to offer our customers the best service - fast and at affordable prices. All our employees have vast experience in the masonry field, and are able to offer their knowledge to improve your home! To see more examples of our work check out Facebook - Tani's Masonry -- https://www.facebook.com/tanis.masonry?fref=ts

10/01/2011

G H.

It went well. It took longer than they estimated and it ended up costing me more which we already discussed but otherwise the work was good. They were very professionally and they did a high quality job for me. I am not sure if I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used the services of House Doctors LLC a month ago for some handyman work.

Category handyman service

09/12/2011

Wendy S.

He was doing a lousy job on the floors so I hired someone else to do it and I told him that I would have him come back as soon as that was finished. He returned the wood that I put on my charge card and took the money, and then he stopped returning my calls. I haven’t been able to reach him since and I plan on taking him to small claims court. He gave me a $3,000 estimate but when he found out insurance would be covering it, it hiked up to $10,000. They were very responsive in the beginning but not at the end. Things started well but then it went all to heck.

Description of Work
House Doctors was doing a lot of work on our home. He was repairing the roof, repairing some sheetrock, taking care of some mold, and replacing the hardwood floor.

Category drywall,handyman service,hardwood floor,roofing,mold removal

07/12/2011

Linda S.

They were good with the painting, but had a problem with the flooring. There was no electricity for a part of the day and hence, they had swept the floor and not vacuumed it. A few days later we found dust in parts of the floor and I called him to come and check the same. I called him several times and he never received my calls; as he had all my numbers. I then blocked my number and called him and he received the call, after which he advised that he will come over to visit the same. It‘s been over 2 weeks and he has never turned up. I paid him in full, in good faith and this is what I get. I will never use their services in future.

Description of Work
I used the services of House Doctors LLC for interior and exterior painting; pressure washing and hardwood flooring, on 12 June, 2011.

Category hardwood floor,pressure washing,house painters,interior painters

07/03/2011

Natalie K.

I initially called on Thursday, June 23rd and left a message. No return call was made by late Friday afternoon, so I called once again and Nick answered the phone this time. I asked if he did rotted window sill replacement....he said "yes" and proceed to briefly explain how it would be done and how much he charged depending on addtl damage to framing. I also needed our deck looked over for damaged board replacement, and possible water damage in an upstairs room. He said an estimate could be done, but the work wouldn't start for up to 2 wks. At that time he asked for my information (name, number and address) to return my call when he returned to his calendar which he didn't have with him being on the road. He didn't call over the weekend and I was unable to reach him. After many failed attempts on Monday he finally answered my call and agreed to setting up an estimate on the work that week in the early evening. I was asked to call my husband to confirm the day and time and return his call with that information. He didn't answer the phone when I called, so I left a message. No return call on Tuesday, June 28th, and no answer when I called so I e-mailed requesting a response and confirmation to an appointment being made. My husband then called Wednesday during business hours and Nick answered. Nick told my husband he didn't remember talking to me (that he must have forgotten to write it down), but he would come to do the estimate for the work on Thursday evening at 6pm. Thursday came and no Nick or phone call by 6:30, so we called him, no answer and mailbox full!! Now I don't know about anyone else, but we just expected common courtesy and/or the truth if someone is really unavailable. This is not the way to run a business and expect clients to come back.

Description of Work
No services were performed. There was an appointment scheduled for an estimate on work to be done. NO CALL and NO SHOW! As well as no way to contact company, because mailbox was full and not accepting calls.

Category decks,handyman service,replacement windows,woodworking

05/25/2011

Marilyn F.

I contacted Nick and he was at my house within a few hours to provide me with an estimate. He was courteous and explained the entire process to me. We agreed on a date and when the weather didn't cooperate, he called to reschedule. They came on time, and were courteous and cleaned-up--to the point that they even washed the driveway down because the powder that they use when reglazing made footprints. I will definitely use Nick and his crew again.

Description of Work
My home is about 50 years old and the windows were in dire need of re-glazing. The caulking was peeling and flaking and I was afraid that the window panes become loose and break. I was also probably losing heat through the cracks. Nick and his crew removed the cracked caulking and then re-glazed the windows. Then they painted the wood and glazing with Quick Dry oil primer, then they put 2 coats of A-100 exterior paint for the finish. Then they cleaned the windowsills and washed the exterior windows.

Category handyman service,window cleaning,replacement windows,house painters

Thank you for the great review, I hope we can do more business again, you were a pleasure to do work for!!

05/13/2011

Adam A.

The services performed achieved the desired goals of the project.

Description of Work
A Cost Estimate Analysis and Work Sheet Repair List was generated by the House Doctors LLC. The job (free estimate) consistend of a total walk through and inspection of the house for the purpose of determining the total repair costs needed to put the single family home into marketable and rentable condition and then engage in work service to perform the actual repair work.

Category handyman service

Thank you for taking out the time to review us, I hope we helped with your cost evaluation, I look forward to working for you!

05/13/2011

Alison V.

We called Nick to replace 4 rotted shutters and roof flashing, paint siding, seal the gaskets on our sunroom and recoat the entire sunroom roof. I've hired him to install electric heat in our sunroom as well. We called for an appointment last week and he came out the following Monday evening to look and gave us an estimate right there and told us he could come out by the end of the week to do the work. He needed to special order the shutters so he notified me as soon as he knew the price. He took care that it wouldn't rain for several days so the paint on the shutters would have time to properly cure (he actually came on Thursday as opposed to Friday due to the cure time). At the end of the day, besides the exceptional work performed, you couldn't even tell someone had been out because they cleaned up everything! I've already recommended Nick to someone I work with ; I'm only sorry I didn't call him sooner (I had 3 other guys come out earlier in the Spring with no response back--even after phone calls and emails). Nick will be back to install electric heat in our sunroom in a few weeks and we plan to hire him next year to paint the house. I can't go on enough. I highly recommend House Doctors, LLC! Thanks to Nick and his team!

Description of Work
Nick removed 4 rotted shutters, special ordered the replacements so they would match, matched the paint exactly and coated the new shutters with 3 coats of paint. Replaced the flashing over our front porch and seven panels of cedar siding over the front porch. Painted the high peak on our roof. Cleaned the sunroom roof and resealed the gaskets and recoated the roof.

Category decks,handyman service,roofing,siding,house painters

Thank you for hiring us for your projects, we pride ourselves on being clean, I look forward to working for you in the future. Thanks again!

05/11/2011

Beth I.

Very fast from first call to clean-up. Professional, courteous and justifiably proud of their work. Protected everything and cleaned up everything afterwards. Very pleased. UPDATE 7/6/11: Based on the work that was done for me eariler, I heartily recommended them to another person. This has turned out to be an embarrassing situation as I have been getting updates from the person who contracted with HouseDoctors based on my recommendation. It is apparent that they committed to a project that is simply too much for them. They did electrical work that, according to an electrician who has since been called in, posed a danger to the residence. Tiles that were installed are cracked. And now, they have stopped work completely, mid-project, with no calls and a full voice-mail box. It is a shame, because Nick and his sons (I think that is the relationship) are nice people, but Nick seems to be very different than he was when he did my work.

Description of Work
Nick & Co. repaired a ceiling damaged by water leakage and caulked a couple of external areas. Scraped and repainted a popcorn ceiling.

Category handyman service,water damage restoration,interior painters

Thank you for the great report, hope we can do business with you again!

05/09/2011

Lisha N.

Nick and his crew were very nice and eager to please. He gave me a quote immediately and started the work within the week. They were very helpful and patient while we chose a color. They taped/covered the windows and doors and stained the house and painted the trim white. Nick replaced some wood that was rotted. He made sure I inspected and that I was happy with the work. They were neat and clean and made sure everything was picked up and any oops paint/stain were removed from driveway/patio/walkways. The house, shed and fence look beautiful and we are very happy with the work. Thanks Nick, Justin, Nate and Joe!

Description of Work
Power washing the house, shed and fence. Staining the house and shed and repair wood damage. Installed new light fixture.

Category handyman service,lighting,pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

Member, I was a pleasure working for you, I hope you will use us on your next home improvement. Thanks again!

03/28/2011

linda D.

At first I was impressed because he was punctual. I needed repairs done on damage to my. home. He called me continuously to ask if I had received the check from the insurance company yet. He never ended up giving me an estimate, which was not free as he advertises, and even accused me of trying to make money off of it. He was also very discouraging regarding using American Express. He does accept it but doesn't really want to take it. I did not give him the job.

Description of Work
I wanted to get an estimate on repairs due to ice damage. Bowing and cracking in ceilings.

Category drywall,flooring contractor,handyman service,remodeling,woodworking,interior painters

I Do insurance jobs all the time and work with the insurance adjusters, this lady is OBVIOUSLY trying to make money off of her insurance company, this is why our insurance rates keep climbing. I don't do shady deals, and never asked if any checks came, asked for the quote from her adjuster with all the info and what her insurance company wanted done for repairs.

House Doctors LLC

Founded 1992 • With Angi since July 2010

4.2

PO Box 1777

New Britain, CT 06050

Painting, wallpapering, drywall, power washing, carpentry, tile installation, vinyl siding, landscaping, patios, retaining walls & snow removal, landscaping, tree service, flooring, bathroom/kitchen remodeling.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa