CSC & Son LLC Home Improvement

Founded 1993 • With Angi since December 2010

32 Pond St

Naugatuck, CT 06770

We specialize in kitchen and bathroom remodeling. From concept to design through completion. Updates, complete gut and remodels, removing walls to adding on, we do it all.

12/10/2018

MaryAnn H.

It didn’t! They never called with a quote

Description of Work
Downstairs powder room flor tile

Category home remodeling

I spoke to them one time and explained I wasn’t available to do any additional work until after the first of the year so I’m not sure why they posted a review when it was clear I wouldn’t be able to do their job within the time line they were looking for.

03/01/2018

Donna P.

Friendly, professional, and responsive. Small repair in the master bathroom shower. Worked around my schedule to get the job done in a quick timeframe. Never treated my tiny job as if it was not important, which I appreciated greatly. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Shower Tile Repair

01/10/2018

Richard S.

Darrell and crew were very responsive , conscientious, punctual, and willing to work WITH you. Always communicated and did quality work.

Description of Work
Master shower leak repaired (demo/waterproofed) and retiled

12/18/2017

Colleen P.

Very good, Darrell and his crew were on the job everyday and it was completed a day early.

Description of Work
Bathroom completely remodel

08/03/2017

Anjelica G.

Everything went extremely well. Whenever unexpected alterations to the original plan arose, Darrell was very transparent, took the time to explain the issue, explain any cost associated, and was able to find a solution to the problem. The experience was professional and pleasant.

Description of Work
Darrell and his crew remodeled a bathroom in our home. This included demolotion of previous structures, install of new tub, sink and vanity, tiling of walls and flooring, and installation of fixtures.

05/22/2017

April F.

Darrell and his crew were fantastic. They really went above and beyond to make everything exactly the way I wanted . (I'm an interior designer, so I'm very particular about details)

Description of Work
I live in a home built in the 1700's. I called Darrell to get a quote on replacing 4 windows

Category replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

04/18/2017

Bri W.

Excellent! Superb! Fantastic! Darrell and his crew worked tirelessly at a steady pace and their work was impeccable. Darrell was very knowledgeable about the age of our home and the best way to remodel it. For instance, the full bathroom was almost 100% original to the house. He and his crew did as we asked - added modern/updated fixtures to our home while preserving the integrity of its age and original aesthetic. He tiled a new shower for us and it is gorgeous. He installed a specialized macerating toilet in our basement and built a bathroom around it "from scratch" and that was a last-minute project we requested! When Darrell encountered problems due to the home's age or the fault of the home improvement store, he kept a positive attitude and found us the most cost-effective solution. He had great suggestions regarding both materials and planning/layout. He and his crew worked diligently and kept tools/equipment out of our way when they left each day. Darrell explained all costs, kept receipts for us to review and we found the cost to be well worth all the wonderful new changes. We never felt like we were paying for something we didn't get. Darrell consistently kept us informed throughout the process. I have worked with other good contractors before, but this company IS THE BEST! We will be calling him in the future for other projects, as needed.

Description of Work
In a 1938 home: Complete gut and remodel full bath. Convert stand-up shower into closet that could fit stacking laundry machines and shelves. Remodel half bath. Build completely new half bath in basement. Remodel kitchen ceiling that was water-damaged and install new lighting. Add crown moulding to upper kitchen cabinets. Replace front door. Replace part of back door and repair threshold. Replace three windows. Other misc projects I'm probably forgetting.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

11/09/2016

James D.

Darrell and company were wonderful to work with. High quality work. Professional. Provide excellent design suggestions along the way. And was always willing to answer my most basic questions. We're going to have back soon to remodel another bathroom.

Description of Work
remodel of our master bathroom

Category ceramic tile, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling

10/16/2016

Stacey G.

Darrel was great from the very start of the project. Coming to the house for an estimate and always returning texts to my many questions. Price was exactly as discussed. Came to the house everyday as planned and did great work. Love my new bathroom and will use him again for our next bathroom update.

Description of Work
Bathroom update and remodel

Category electrician, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

09/02/2016

Michael J.

Darrell and his crew did a superb job. They put a lot of thought and effort into their work and they keep you informed throughout the process. Given that this was my first major remodel, I had a lot of questions, but having Darrell walk me through this process and protect my interests throughout was a huge advantage. In addition to that, Darrell was never once late, he was extremely responsive when we had questions (even at off-hours), the crew was polite and friendly, and they cleaned up after the day's work each day. And the cherry on top - Darrell's pricing was extremely competitive, transparent and fair. We loved them so much that my 2 year old son even gave Darrell a goodbye hug on the final day. I'd give him an A+ if Angie's list would let me.

Description of Work
Remodel of full bathroom.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

05/05/2016

Wendy R.

Darryl was professional and courteous. Listened to what we wanted and accommodated our requests.. Arrived on time and finished as scheduled with little disruption. Had a new bathroom in a week.?

Description of Work
?He replaced tub with?walk-in shower added a seat and nook. ?Replaced shower head with new shower and hand spray. Added ?two grab bars. placed new tiles on the shower walls and floor installed new sink and vanity . ?Replaced toilet..?

05/05/2016

05/03/2016

Wendy R.

Description of Work
He replaced tub with walk-in shower added a seat and nook. Replaced shower head with new shower and hand spray. Added two grab bars. placed new tiles on the shower walls and floor installed new sink and vanity . Replaced toilet..

01/25/2016

Melissa C.

We hired Darrell to remodel our guest bathroom. We started over the holidays so it took some time and a little back and forth to connect at first but once we were able to meet and discuss, we were able to get the project moving. The bathroom was gutted down to the studs with a new shower and surround, new toilet, floor and vanity top. We kept the existing configuration though some plumbing work was needed on the shower drain. Darrell was extremely knowledgeable and helpful throughout the whole process. He had great suggestions for us on picking items for our bathroom based on his past experience and we couldn't be happier with the end product. The actual project took about a week and he and his team always cleaned up every day and the disruption was kept very minimal. I would definitely hire them again for other projects around our house.

Description of Work
Remodeled guest bathroom

Category countertops, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

09/14/2015

Jeffrey E.

Daryl and his partner (Matt) did a bathroom remodel for us in June of 2015. He consulted with our design ideas, inputted his own ideas to make our idea come true. He also had many cost saving suggestions to keep us within our budget. He arrived on time daily at our agreed upon time (8am) that worked with our work/kid schedules....they were great with our kids by the way. The original estimate was for a 5 day remodel but he ran into some issues and finished in 7 days. I got daily statuses on the progress of the project and he addressed any quality issues (I can be picky) that I asked for were corrected the following day. Overall we are very happy with the end results, there were some small issues that needed to be corrected afterwords but nothing I couldn't fix in 5 minutes.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel. Pretty much a complete gut.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

08/03/2015

Anthony T.

I have had a few estimates and run-ins w/ contractors with much hesitation and trust. I found this contractor on AngiesList. I never knew of/or met Darrell before this project. I was very happy with his level of professionalism, craftsmanship, and knowledge. I find him to be a very honest contractor and kept me abreast each step of the project as it happened. Darrell completed the majority of the work himself with help of an assistant. He was neat and removed all excess from the home. The project took about 3 or 4 days with no trouble. The remodel took place about 4 weeks ago, my shower has had no leaks or other problems associated with a new structure. I had no problems during the course of the renovation. I would highly recommend this contractor and I plan on using him again for additional bathroom and kitchen work. Look at my before and after picture under the media section. I love my new shower!

Description of Work
I just moved to Shelton and wanted to renovate one of my showers. Darrell removed an old fiberglass shower that was 6 sq. feet and expanded it to a tiled 16 sq ft shower.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

05/23/2015

Joseph E.

The job was delayed by a week because Darrell was sick. He kept in touch to keep us updated on his progress, and began as soon as he was able. He and his crew were prompt, courteous, and did excellent work. In the interest of doing the best possible job Darrell added a step to the work, not specified in the written agreement, by putting a skim coat on the floor prior to laying the tile. All in all things went very well, and I'll surely call Darrell again if I need similar work done again.

Description of Work
Replaced fiberglass shower with acrylic bathtub and tile surround, replaced tile floor, installed drywall in closet.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

03/26/2015

Michael L.

Darrell, Jim and Matt were great. Cant say enough good things. As a very retentive person, I was concern about having work done by contractors. But my fears were some gone, these guys do great work. PS still need living room painted, wall paper borders put up and front room ceiling stain fixed.

Description of Work
installed basement bathroom....the whole thing. Walls, plumbing, electrical, toilet, shower and sink. then painted first and second floor, finish both bathrooms, kitchen work. I cant remember all they did. Great Job, I'm very happy. I have to clear out furniture so they could come back to do more.

Category electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

11/23/2014

Shane S.

I had a second floor tub/shower that was leaking slowly into the kitchen below. I got a few quotes and Darrell's was right on target with the others, but he came with pictures of similar jobs and really took the time to explain everything that needed to be done, including a timeline. We set a date and in the meantime he had me pick out tile/fixtures/etc. Darrell showed up on time day 1 and stayed on schedule, by day 4 we had our bathroom back. Not only did he fix the problem quickly, but the end product looks great! Darrell gave me an update at the end of every day and got back to me quickly when I had questions or concerns. He was respectful of our home and cleaned up at the end of every day. I really can't recommend CSC and Son enough, I plan on using them again for other projects this coming year. Thanks Darrell!

Description of Work
Removed old tub and shower surround. Fixed leak in drain line, replaced tub and diverter, tiled surround and added 3 marble shelves.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

06/12/2014

Joanne A.

I needed drywall installed in my hallway. On Monday 6/2/14 the contractor told me he would do the work after his morning job on Friday 6/6/14. On Friday, he didn't show up, or call to let me know he would not be there. He sent me an email the next day stating he was "unavailable" on Friday due to being unable to free up from earlier in the day. That would have been OK had he just called to let me know. Said he would call on Monday to reschedule. He was very polite but I declined.

Category remodeling

06/10/2014

Sabrina W.

I have attempted to contact the service provider multipul times since purchasing the Big Deal they are offering. I have left 3 voicemails and the company has not returned any of my communication.

Description of Work
The provider has not done any work. As they have failed to respond to my phone calls and voicemails.

Category remodeling

05/13/2014

Denise D.

Darryl did a great job! He arrived on time and kept the area neat while he worked. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Installed water line and built wet wall for soon to be installed shower. Also cut out and temporarily inserted wall vent. Also installed a water line in kitchen for new fridge.

Category handyman service

08/30/2013

Ray D.

When I called Daryl back a few days later to tell him that I had done the work requested and the path was clear, he said he would get back to me soon. That was 4 or 5 months ago. Luckily, I didn't waste my time just waiting. When I didn't get any answer after a couple of weeks or so, I went back to Angie's and found a real professional, who not only did a GREAT JOB, as I will report in a review of HIS work, but probably for less money. I have no idea how good a contractor Daryl and his company are, but they need to learn how to use a TELEPHONE!

Description of Work
After finding CSC through Angie's List, I made a call and Daryl (?) came to the house to give me an estimate on a new small bath room we wanted to have installed on our 2nd floor. Daryl came back with his plumber a few days later and they gave me a ball-park estimate of $8,000, but told me that I should rip open both the walls and the floor where the pipes were going to be run to make sure there were no unanticipated obstacles.

03/18/2013

Phil A.

The project went flawlessly. My bathroom was falling apart, the tile was coming up, mold growing on the popcorn ceiling, peeling wall paper, and problems with the plastic shower insert and tub seam. Darrel and his partner transformed it into a very functional, classic art-deco era bathroom by using subway wall tile and pinwheel floor tile. They spent a lot of time prepping the walls and floor to ensure the appropriate backing and waterproof seal before installing the tile. The previous owners had tiled directly on a wood floor which caused the tile to loosen and crack over time. He corrected many problems with the plumbing by adding new fittings for the faucet, sink drain and toilet. I was really pleased with the work. Darrell was very friendly and willing to explain technical aspects of the job. It took about 4 weeks before he could schedule me into his busy schedule but well-worth the wait. I would hire him again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Darrell and his partner performed a complete bathroom renovation over four days ($2,400/labor + $1,000 supplies). They demoed the old tub surround and sheetrock backing and installed new durarock thinset and waterproof seams. Installed subway tile to ceiling in tub area and half-way up around the rest of the bathroom. They ripped up the existing bath tile floor, prepped it by adding a new baseboard, and re-tiled the bath floor. Installed new toilet, vanity, light fixture, and faucet. Scraped textured ceiling, skim coat, and made it ready for prime and paint. They added a marble niche and shelves in the shower/tub area. The price also included disposal of job related debris.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

11/01/2012

Julia T.

Darryl and his crew were great. After having another contractor call off a job the day before he was supposed to start, I was weary about all potential vendors. Darryl changed my view of contractors/remodelers. Darryl was prompt to respond and was very professional throughout the process. He suggested things to make the bathroom more practical and it worked out great. He is very thoughtful and did not pressure me to make any decisions because it was "easier", quite the opposite. His suggestions might have been harder and required a little more work but were practical. He took the time to do it right. He stands by his work. After the bath remodel was finished, I noticed a major leak in the basement. It turned out that the drain/sewage pipe from the new bathroom to the main drain/sewage pipe had rotted out. Darryl had another job but couldn't sleep and came the very next day to take a look. He carefully examined the potential sources and figured out what it was. Again he was thoughtful and strategical about everything he did. He carefully removed the cabinet to access the area he needed to and didn't make any unnecessary holes. We were very grateful for that. After the repair was completed by the plumber, he put everything back into place. You couldn't even tell that he touched the kitchen at all. He and his crew did such a great job, I also had him replace the toilet and sink in the downstairs half bath and fix our front door and broken porch boards. Oh, and the best part, Darryl was very reasonable with his quotes/estimates. We were incredibly pleased with Darryl and would highly recommend him. We will definitely use him again. On a side note, Darryl is a very good person, not to just work with, but very thoughtful as a "neighbor". After this past Hurricane Sandy, he even called to offer a generator he was not using.

Description of Work
Complete gut and remodel of upstairs bathroom. Took out existing cast iron tub, sink, toilet. Removed walls and floor down to studs. Sheetrocked and prepped wall & floor for tiles, built & tiled walk in shower, installed ceiling exhaust fan/light, reversed door to open outwards (which required new door frame), installed new toilet, sink, medicine cabinet. They also incorporated some blocking for future installation of grab bars if needed. I supplied tiles, sink, toilet, glass shower enclosure, medicine cabinet, light fixtures, exhaust fan, bathroom fixtures, they supplied the rest. After bathroom remodel, we discovered that the old cast iron pipe rotted out between floors and they surgically removed kitchen cabinets (bathroom was right about kitchen) and had the plumber come and replace the pipe. Did a great job and had them also install new sink, mirror and toilet in downstairs bathroom. Rehung front glass/screen door and replace some broken porch boards.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling