We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Agile Construction and Home Improvement

Founded 2000 • With Angi since March 2017

53 Oak St

Naugatuck, CT 06770

With over 12 years in the construction industry, we are an owned and operated company that will get the job done right the first time. We can do big or small projects and we can work out your payment too. Our company's mission is to build relationships with our customers, so they always know who to call. We look forward to working with you, give us all call today!...
House flip project
House flip

bathtub refinishing

202006803

10/17/2021

barb G.

Rafael did excellent work! We are blessed to have him.

Description of Work
, Decks & Porches, Carpentry -

Category decks, deck cleaning, woodworking

12/24/2020

ARNOLD M.

repaired front porch beams and posts. Installed lattice and a new gate. ( Labor Only)

Description of Work
Rafael, failed to be responsive, reliable, and professional in my opinion and situation. I gave him the job since June. Scheduled it for mid September. Never showed up or called. I walkways had to call him to find out if he was coming or not. Promised again mid October never showed up. Then finally came first week of November. Project was approximately 1.5 days worth of work. He finished it in a month. Only came for a few minutes after another project. Tried to change the price after he started the job. I asked him 3 times to provide me a written quote never did. In the middle of the project he wanted the change the price and not admit what we had agreed verbally. Luckily I had saved text messages, after he saw our texted conversation he admitted to to the job at initial price. Project was completed but shows lock off experience, professionalism and quality. I will attach some photos.

Category contractors, decks, handyman service, deck cleaning, dock building

Wow I feel sad to hear that so many lies sorry about your experience and the urge to push someone down for nothing. I wish you well and hope you learn how to be a better person

11/21/2020

Von K.

Rafael did great, prompt work on my fix & flip. We had good communication throughout the whole project; he's extremely responsive via phone, text or email. The work was good AND fast - which is hard to find. He knowlegeably answered any questions I had about any items, and was great at coming up with solutions to any issues that arose. I'm looking forward to working with him again on my next project!

Description of Work
Updates/remodeling throughout entire house: Kitchen countertops, backsplash, tile flooring, shower tiles, interior painting, exterior deck & walkway painting, HVAC servicing, masonry (retaining wall)

Category ceramic tile, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, landscaping, pavers, gravel, garage builders, interior painters

Yey thank you [Member Name Removed] was a pleasure serve you I look forward for the next house!!

09/02/2020

Lynn D.

I hired Mr. Mendes because of the Super Service designation, and the large number of positive reviews. Mr. Mendes made several visits to my home for completion of the two projects. Each time, he arrived promptly, and was very pleasant and easy to talk to. He did a beautiful job with the medicine cabinet, but the bookcases were another matter. The core issue I had with Mr. Mendes was that some of his actions had the appearance of taking shortcuts so that he could leave as quickly as possible to get to the next customer. Examples: (1) He (knowingly) used two pieces of damaged wood in two of the shelves. Both pieces had four inch chunks missing on the backside. The damaged area on one of the pieces was large enough to be able to see straight thru floor to ceiling. (2) He (knowingly) left about 12 exposed nails. Specifically, either the nailhead was left projecting about 1/4 inch, or the nailhead was cut off but with a spike remaining of 1/8 to 1/4 inch. This is a safety issue. Accidently bumping your hand on an exposed piece of nail can produce a nasty cut. (3) Painting the bookcases -- numerous drips, runs, and puddling. This is what happens when you use too much paint instead of using less paint with a first coat, letting it dry, then re-applying.. Again, I wish to state that Mr. Mendes is a very pleasant person, and did a wonderful job with the bathroom recessed med cabinet. Nonetheless, the problems with the bookcases overshadowed this.

Description of Work
(1) installation of recessed medicine cabinet, (2) re-building bookcases in living room

Category garage builders, woodworking

So sorry that you feel this way [Member Name Removed] but some of the statements are not true, I didn’t left nails intentionally and the damage wood could be easily fixed with putty however I replaced the wood and fix everything you asked me to same way was the paint I even relief you $150 just because you wasn’t happy.

08/28/2020

jeffrey D.

The work was done professionally - very helpful, polite and timely. Highly recommended. We’ll be calling Rafael again for work in the future for sure!

Description of Work
tile floor

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service

08/18/2020

Chastian P.

Had trouble finding the matching piece, i wanted to order it ahead of time. Rafael was able to find it for me, and was able to get me in his schedule early. Quality work, the gate looks great!

Description of Work
Replace a vinyl fence gate

Category fencing, handyman service

Thanks Hope I can serve you again

08/03/2020

DAWUD P.

OMG, I had the privilege to meet Rafael the owner. He personally did the job at my home. He is a total professional. He knows the entire home and im not aware of a job in the home he could not do. I recommend this great company all day long. His rates are very very good and he is willing to work with you on payments. He's me go to handyman.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeled

Category ceramic tile, countertops, handyman service, insulation, masonry, plumbing, garage builders, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

07/13/2020

Doug S.

Excellent! Rafael was very professional and courteous and it was a pleasure to have him do what we needed done👍🤩 We would use him again without question!

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category handyman service

Thank you for your review I appreciate your business

07/12/2020

Brian J.

No one ever contacted me from this company

Description of Work
Window Pane

Category replacement windows, garage builders

07/11/2020

Roy S.

Rafael was punctual, professional and efficient. He did a great job assembling and cleaning up. Looking to potentially hiring him to do work at my parents house.

Description of Work
pergola assembly

Category decks, hardscaping

06/11/2020

hollie H.

Absolutely awesome. Professional, attentive, attention to detail, friendly and fast. Within minutes of going to Angies List, Raphael called me and was on the job within 2 days. Definitely recommend. Agile Construction will be go to from now on. I have this company on speed dial.

Description of Work
taping and paint

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

05/19/2020

DAWUD P.

Very good. I'm so glad I used angieslist. I will refer my friends

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category handyman service, plumbing

05/09/2020

Wayne R.

Small repair job, however Rafael was on time and performed professional work to complete the project. Would definitely use again for any work.

Description of Work
regrount around bathtub

Category remodeling, home remodeling

04/04/2020

sage N.

Agile construction did a wonderful job on our bathroom, he was efficient/timely and professional. We would definitely recommend hiring him and will be doing so in the future!

Description of Work
Ceramic Tile/drywall

Category ceramic tile, drywall

03/12/2020

Wendy C.

Excellent service, called to say he could come early, arrived on time. Stayed focused on what needed to be done. Would hire again without a doubt!

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category handyman service, woodworking

11/21/2019

Traci D.

It went great! He was on time, work was done fast and tile looks great!!

Description of Work
backsplash installation

Category ceramic tile

Thank you [Member Name Removed] was awesome serve you

10/08/2019

Dawn A.

Rafael was able to give us a quote the same day we contacted him. He’s professional and responds quickly to texts/messages. We’re very happy with our new shower/tub and would work with him again in the future.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bath Remodeling

Category home remodeling

09/16/2019

Omar B.

Good worker. Seems to enjoy his work. Very responsible and patient.

Description of Work
Major Remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, garage doors, handyman service, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

08/18/2019

Otto W.

The contractor did not show up for the scheduled appointment. The next day, when I inquired about the missed appointment, he (or she--no name was included in our correspondence through Angie's List's messaging) informed me that he had injured his hand and his back and was no longer able to work. I am sorry for that, but I was not informed before the scheduled appointment, rose early for the morning appointment, and canceled weekend plans so that the work could be done on the day he had chosen. The contractor did not let me know in advance that he was not coming. In addition, I had suggested that we talk more directly, on the phone, to clarify the work needed before the scheduled appointment, but I never received a phone call. So I was left high-and-dry, with no work being done and a day wasted waiting for the contractor's arrival. Again, I am sorry for the contractor's mishaps, but I think it was very unprofessional not to take a few moments to let me know--before the scheduled appointment--about the problem and about his inability to complete the work or keep the appointment.

Description of Work
ceiling and deck repair; railing installation

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking

I’m sorry for the canceled appointment and waste of your whole day, you were informed as soon as I could move enough to txt you a message. Considering the accident I believe this review is not fair at all... and not thoughtful...

08/03/2019

Barbara F.

It was great! Raphael was so responsive and always kept in touch with me. He came when he said he would and always let me know if he was going to be even a little late. The work was done perfectly and I couldn’t be happier! I would hire him again for sure!! He was a pleasure to work with!

Description of Work
A doorway and a pass through as to be closed up and painted.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

07/13/2019

Tracey T.

Perfect, I would definitely recommend and be interested in hiring them for more work around my home!

Description of Work
Tub recaulked

Category handyman service, woodworking

06/20/2019

Brianna K.

Agile Construction did a wonderful job removing a window and closing off the space. They were incredibly prompt, professional, and affordable. We truly could not be more pleased with their work. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Window Removed and Closed Off

Category woodworking

06/11/2019

Vern P.

He came when he said he would did all of the work in one day and cleaned up nicely, thank you!

Description of Work
Wall repair and door replacement

Category decks, drywall, woodworking

06/04/2019

Rob B.

Agile Construction arrived and quickly dismantled one shed and assembled my new one. He was personable, efficient and professional. I intend to use this company again soon.

Description of Work
A large shed was assembled.

Category handyman service

05/20/2019

Hilmer A.

Rafael was easy to work with, great communication, and absolutely NO run around! He was prompt, and got the job done! Excellent work. We will definitely use his services again and will recommend to family and friends!

Description of Work
Rebuilt back porch

Category decks, woodworking