Galleria Design Center

Founded 1988 • With Angi since July 2006

Shops in the Galleria Design Center: Galleria Stone & Tile, Connecticut Stone, Country Club Landscapes, Custom Hardwood Flooring, Decorative Interiors, Galleria Appliance Center, Galleria Floor Decor, Modern Plumbing, Professional Building & Design, Village Cabinets...

Olmedo Diaz

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in painting services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

L&P Home Improvement LLC

WS Painting

WS Painting provides general painting services in the Connecticut and surrounding areas.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until you are satisfied! Call or click to schedule an estimate today

06/13/2015

Timothy H.

Went there in the afternoon during the week and upon arriving we were extremely satisfied with the selection. However the service was absolutely horrific. Not a single person greeted us upon entering and we spent over an hour walking around looking and taking notes and still did not have an employee ask if we needed help or offer any assistance. They did have other customers but the other employees were too busy talking. Products are great but if you can't get prices or help than its not worth anything. Very disappointed

Description of Work
Kitchen remod

06/20/2013

Mark Z.

We used them as a retail store and we didn't invite them for any work or installation. They were good overall.

Description of Work
We went to Galleria Design Center for buying some materials from modern plumbing there.

Category appliance sales

[member name removed], we’re pleased to hear your overall experience with Modern Plumbing was positive! We truly appreciate your business.

03/16/2013

Melissa S.

We wanted to shop for granite and quartz countertops for our kitchen and bath renovation. I called the Galleria to learn about their hours and stone selection, and the receptionist told me that Saturdays are very busy, so we should schedule an appointment. I was also told that the appointments and quot;can not exceed an hour, and please be on time.and quot; That was understandable, so we made an appointment. We arrived fifteen minutes before our scheduled appointment time, and checked in with the receptionist. After waiting for 15 minutes after our scheduled time, were told that and quot;We can't find (the person) you are supposed to meet with.and quot; 30 minutes after our scheduled appointment time, we were approached by a woman who was eating peanut butter crackers. In between bites, and without greeting us or introducing herself, she said, and quot;Are you waiting for me?and quot; and we said, and quot;If you are (the person's name).and quot; She said that she was very busy, and she'd get us started in the stone room, and to give her 5 minutes to wrap up with others. She showed us to the room, gave us a clipboard to take notes on what we liked, and told us she'd be back. She literally ran off. We had absolutely no direction in the stone room regarding pricing, materials, and locations. After thirty minutes, we did not see her, and she did not seek us out. Another saleswoman saw us walking around, and offered to help us. She answered a few basic questions, and was very friendly, but could not commit to solid prices when we asked about basic items, such as the cost of a built-in sink. This was something that another reviewer had noted, and we experienced the same thing. She also had to run off quickly, but we were grateful for a little bit of guidance. The original person we were supposed to see never sought us out. We left empty-handed, and very disappointed with the rude, unprofessional way we were treated. We were told to be punctual, and that our appointment could not exceed an hour, yet we were not acknowledged for 30 minutes after our scheduled time. The sales woman was extremely rude to us, as if we were interrupting her day - and her snack time, apparently. I would absolutely not recommend the Galleria, based on the awful way we were treated. I can't imagine the nightmare it would be to deal with these people after spending thousands of dollars on countertops. One positive thing I can say is that the stone selection was beautiful. But what does that matter if you can't get someone to sell it to you? We went to the Kitchen and Bath Outlet in Southington instead. We were greeted by friendly, professional, knowledgable people who helped us with all of our needs. So, take a drive to Southington instead, for a much better experience!

Description of Work
We went to this location to shop for countertops.

Category countertops

[removed member name], I am very sorry about the experience you had at the Galleria. I can assure you that customer service is extremely important to us. If possible, I would like to speak with you offline to get more information. I’m hopeful there is a way to turn this negative experience into a positive one. Please feel free to call or email me directly so we can resolve this: Jamie Tomassetti, Marketing Director, 860-346-1923, jamiet@ferazzoli-imports.com

03/04/2013

Evelyn B.

The counters were laser templated but upon installation two of four pieces were not cut correctly. One was reworked on site to fit properly, and they took the other piece away to be recut. Upon delivery of the recut piece, it was determined the new piece was not as thick as the others surrounding it, and so they had to and quot;grind and featherand quot; the entire run of the counter to create the illusion of uniformity. It came out better than I thought it would, but I also thought it was not particularly cool that they even had to do this. Also, my new kitchen has streamlined and cleaner lines and angles than the traditional kitchen, so the edges had to be flush with the counters. They knew this at the time of templating, but still complained about it while on site. Truthfully, I would've given the overall experience a higher rating because they did strive to deliver a satisfactory product in the end. However, I can't tell you how put off I was by the constant complaining by the crew about (1) how heavy the stone was (seriously?!); and (2) how hard their job was because I chose tight angles and had low tolerance for less-than precise cutting. Also, during the last installation, a new crew leader was very obnoxious and told me to leave them alone. This was before they disclosed that the new counter was about 1/4and quot; less thick than what they had sold me previously. They tried to hide it from me, and did it by telling me to go to another room and also saying that it looked uneven because the floors were uneven. And they also tried to blame my contractor for not installing the cabinets correctly, which was totally a lie. So - A for effort, B for pricing (matched a competitor on the ABH granite, but overall pretty expensive but chosen because they were the only ones nearby to carry the calacatta michelangelo) and a D for professionalism. Overall - C. Would not use again.

Description of Work
Purchased countertops (material and installation) for kitchen counter and island in absolute black honed granite and a white calacatta michelangelo marble. Did not go through a contractor - purchased directly by homeowner.

Category countertops,home remodeling

[member name removed], I’m very sorry you were dissatisfied with the installers for your kitchen project. We value your business and strive to train our employees in providing top-notch customer service. If possible, I would like to speak further with you regarding your installation. We believe in using these unfortunate situations as opportunities to learn and make our business better. Please feel free to contact me directly: Jamie Tomassetti, Marketing Director, 860-346-1923, jamiet@ferazzoli-imports.com

11/12/2012

Dorothy F.

No complaints. every thing was excellent

Description of Work
remodeled kitchen countertops with granite countertops and stainless steel sink. They measured, installed and make sure everything was perfect.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,marble & granite,home remodeling

[member name removed], thank you for your business. We’re happy to hear your kitchen renovations went smoothly!

11/11/2012

Selina M.

Fantastic job...good people....fast service and reasonable pricing. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Ferazzoli Imports/Galleria replaced all my kitchen counter tops with granite. They came to my home to remove my existing counter tops, make templates and sized and patterned the granite. After our approval of the lay-out, they cut the granite and then installed the granite about 10 days later. They also removed and disposed of the old counter tops. The templating was done at Galleria and the gentleman who did the pattern-matching was stunningly artistic..... he was awesome and truly has an artistic eye. My counter tops are extensive and the patterning is flawless. The cutting and sizing of the granite was precise and perfect... you have to get inches away to even find the seams and the corner angles. Superb.....couldn't have been done better. They worked quickly, efficiently and cleaned up after themselves. Truly a superb job. In the future, I will have them do my bathrooms also.

Category countertops,marble & granite,home remodeling

[removed member name], we love these types of reviews! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. We take pride in our work and are thrilled when we receive feedback such as yours. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in any other home improvement projects you may have in the future.

04/02/2012

Manju P.

Galleria has excellent material, make no mistake about it. However, we found a disconnect between the sales person and actual stone workers. We were not able to get an estimate from them despite several visits. This place is on way to my office. I stopped their almost every week for several weeks. I was looking for a marble kitchen counter-top. The sales person tried to dissuade us from marble nd take us towards granite (we hate granite). After we selected several possibilities, she insisted that she would give the estimate to ourcontractor, not to us. How do you finalize a decision if you do not know how much it costs you? After several unreturned phone calls and many run-arounds, I got the impression that their clients are contractors, not home-owners. Since we couldn't get an estimate, we finally didn't buy. We walked away. They have the best showroom though. I recommend visiting the show room but buying from a place where you can get personalized service.

Description of Work
No service was performed because we walked away.

Category countertops

[member name removed], I’m very sorry about the experience you had with us. I know your project was completed quite some time ago. Over the years, we have been diligently working on improving customer service. We would love to gain your business back if possible. Customer feedback is very important to us … please feel free to get in touch with me to further discuss: Jamie Tomassetti, Marketing Director, 860-346-1923, jamiet@ferazzoli-imports.com

12/02/2011

Dave M.

When it came to buying tiles we went there at least 10 times. Everybody there was very helpful. As soon as you walk into their store there is a desk there and the person behind it always smiles and helps you out. They will direct you to the sales person. We just bought the tiles from them and did the installation on our own. I was surprised that they did not have anything to do with installation. From what I saw when I was there they do handle different aspects of design works. I saw them going over house financial people about flooring and other things were concerned. We only spent $600 for tiles in a couple of rooms. There were tiles on which you can spend less than that and I also pieces of stones which somebody bought for $42000. They can get into anybody's budget. The showroom is beautiful.

Description of Work
We bought tiles from Galleria Design Center. They deal mainly in tiles, but they also do cabinets and plumbing fixtures. Imports are the main thing they deal in.

Category ceramic tile

[removed member name], thanks for posting such a positive review for our showroom. We take pride in the quality and variety of materials we have to offer. Thank you so much for your business. Please keep us in mind for any future projects!

06/16/2011

Shane F.

Ferrazzoli was professional at every step, we love the piece, and we would check there first next time we're looking for stone again. Highly recommended. (They're at the design center in Middletown where you can see cabinets, bath fixtures, etc while you're there.)

Description of Work
Ferrazzoli had the most beautiful piece of onyx we had ever seen & though we were looking for granite & found that somewhere else, we bought the onyx for a tabletop.

Category countertops,marble & granite

[member name removed], thanks for the review! Our Stone Gallery has grown significantly since the time of your project. Please stop by if you’re ever in the area. And thank you for your business … we’re so happy you were pleased with the onyx!

05/19/2011

MARTIN S.

Selection and professionalism was outstanding. We looked at quite a few other places within 75 miles and no other company matched their selection and professional installation.

Description of Work
Purchased granite and marble countertops and marble for fireplaces

Category countertops,marble & granite

[member name removed], thank you so much for your business … and for this stellar review! We love to hear from happy customers. Thank you again!

Galleria Design Center

Founded 1988 • With Angi since July 2006

234 Middle St

Middletown, CT 06457

Architectural woodwork, cabinets, granite countertops, fabrication, stone, tile, hardwood flooring, plumbing fixtures, decks, sun rooms, fireplaces, appliances, window treatments, furniture, accents, painting & faux finishes.