Charter Painting & Restoration

Founded 1969 • With Angi since July 2007

Full service custom painting contractor for interior and exterior, residential and commercial. Family owned and operated for over 48 years, maintaining same staff year after year. No payment due until completion....

Spaces LLC

Spaces LLC is the market leader in providing residential, commercial, and industrial services throughout Connecticut. We offer experienced remodeling, remediation, restoration, and more for your home, office, or industrial space. We stop at nothing to deliver unrivaled maintenance and repair services to our clients.

Offers by Spaces LLC on Angi
Pro Team Flooring INC.

Star Painters, LLC

Star Painters LLC is a Painting service company in operation since 2005 in the Connecticut. Our areas of expertise is interior and exterior painting. When you work with Star Painters Contractors, you can trust that the job will be done right, the first time, every time. You will see the same crew and foreman throughout the project, and they’ll know your specifications start to finish. The job is not complete until you the customer are completely satisfied. Our crews are friendly, prompt and reliable. Our professional work will take years off the age of your home or business.

Offers by Star Painters, LLC on Angi

09/21/2021

It went very well. They are punctual and on time. I will use them again in the future and will recommend to others.

Description of Work
They painted my house and drywall repair

Category interior painters

05/13/2020

i could not be more pleased with Jim Charter and his crew. Lou the foreman was very attentive to details, and all the Owners here were very pleased with his professional and courteous work. As in many Condo Association there are picky owners, and here they were all pleased with the results. No complaints, and that is a victory. The project started last fall with one building done and the other 2 buildings to follow in the spring of 2020, With the Social Distancing in play, the owners having there front and back doors painted, with minimal intrusion on there units inside was very appreciated and required. There were here for about 5 weeks to complete two buildings. There were about 170 windows 20 doors and 3 two story main entrances. The clean up was great. Charter was not the lowest estimate, but I had a good felling talking to Jim Charter during the estimate process. I felt his company was the right fit for the project. And his workers have been with him for years. There was also carpentry work required replacing rotten wood, which Jim has a carpenter to do that part of the work. One stop shopping. Thanks to his crew

Description of Work
Painting requiring lots of prep work

04/03/2020

We have used Charter many times over many years, and always turn to them when new needs arise. We have used them for large jobs (painting the whole house) to small ones (patchwork, spackling and stucco repair, etc.) and pretty much everything in between. Most recently we have had individual rooms done, radiators and stairs repainted and more. We have never been disappointed. Not once. Always they have been professional, timely, courteous and do their work on time. Jim Charter and Christian Charter know their business and treat us and our property with respect. Their crews are always well trained and do excellent work. We have been in our house for almost 40 years and if we had ever found them to be less than competent or fair we would surely have looked elsewhere. In fact, they have never let us down. You would do well to consider Charter for your needs. We recommend them strongly.

Description of Work
Painting, interior and exterior etc.

Category hardwood floor,wallpaper removal,woodworking,house painters,interior painters

09/03/2018

I hired Charter Painting and Restoration to paint the interior of a house I had just purchased prior to Move-in. In addition to painting the walls/ceilings/trim, there were two rooms (living room and bedroom) where the ceilings were cracked that I had wanted repaired - the bedroom also had a closet with a hole in one of the walls that needed to be repaired as well. Jim Charter, the owner, met me at the house to review work that needed to be done and to provide an estimate. From the start, I found him to be very respectful, professional, and helpful. Having been in the restoration business for several years, he was able to provide options and suggestions as to the best approach with respect to both the painting and the repairs. He was also able to identify areas that might not need to be addressed thus being respectful of cost. Price quotes for every room were documented and provided to me up-front thereby ensuring transparency/no surprises. No money was requested up front - all supplies are purchased and all work is completed with payment when the job is complete. The team was able to start work shortly after we met which was helpful as I was on a time schedule to move. Hector, the foreman, was very helpful and communicative as well - providing additional suggestions as to options for the ceiling repair. He even offered to install a new light fixture for me as I was replacing what had been there previously. The work was completed in less than a week and the results are beautiful. Would gladly recommend and/or hire Charter Painting again.

Description of Work
Painting, Ceiling Repair, Closet Repair

Category drywall,interior painters

09/28/2017

We were very pleased with the work performed by this crew of professionals. They know what they are doing and they work well together. They worked quickly and efficiently, were always courteous and went the extra to ensure we were satisfied. We would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of a 2 story aluminum-sided house and a separate shake-sided garage.

Category pressure washing,house painters

08/21/2017

It was done on time and responsibly and was good.

Description of Work
Painting and re-align garage doors

Category house painters

08/01/2017

Detailed proposal completed as agreed. Prompt, professional staff. My only complaint is the debris left on the ground from power washing as well as debris left inside gutters.

Description of Work
Exterior trim on home and enter carriage house painted which included power washing, replacement of wood, priming and painting.

07/07/2017

All in all it went very smoothly. Communication was good and there were no surprises. When looking at the house, I am very happy with how everything came out!!!!

Description of Work
Exterior of house

07/03/2017

They were here for a week. The painters came in everyday for about five days when it did not rain. They did not come in at the same time. I had a driveway done, I had a my house painted, and a sidewalk put in. I had a lot of work done in the past month. The sad thing about this is that the man that owns the company who is Jim Charter is absolutely terrible. His competitors call him a snake of his establishment. The workers really tried, but you have to go through him to get to the workers. He's just terrible to deal with, you can't believe a word that he says. The people that work for him were good, but they did what he said. The guys were fine and they need a job, I had no complaints with none of them. They had like a intermediary boss that goes around to all the painting sites, and he was just like Jim. The guys that work for them was scared to even say anything, for example it was a really hot day and I brought out coke and water, and the intermediary wouldn't let me give them a coke or water. That's what I'm talking about. It was a tough situation, I couldn't even give them a tip. I would never use this company again. I'm really an easy going person, and that Jim Charter really had me going out of my mind.

Description of Work
They did restoration painting. I had the exterior painted.

Category house painters

04/25/2017

excellent- Lou and his team were outstanding. Professional, friendly and went above and beyond.

Description of Work
Painting 3 homes including the exterior of one

Category pressure washing,house painters,interior painters

custom interior painting, wallpapering/removal, insurance claims, water & smoke damage, crack repair/textured ceiling, sheetrock/plaster repair, hardwood floor refinishing, faux & decorative painting, exterior includes painting aluminum/vinyl siding with long-term warranty, paint/stain wood siding, power washing and windows re-glazed, carpentry. Facilities, national landmarks, condominium complexes and churches.