Litchfield County Home and Handyman LLC

Founded 2015 • With Angi since October 2015

P.O. Box 980

Litchfield, CT 06759

We're a family-owned and family-operated company that will handle your projects safely and professionally at a fair price.

05/27/2019

Nicole E.

We hired Mike for a major bathroom renovation that included taking down walls, moving almost all of the plumbing, and building a custom shower. He and the crew were professional and very skilled. It was a large renovation that took weeks to complete. We gave them the code to our front door. They came and went as they needed. We had some unexpected issues with the spa tub, and when they installed the window, they found wood rot on the external siding that needed to be fixed. We had a change order for that. They completed the project as-promised for the price quoted. They were honest, and professional. I love the way it turned out. We were so happy with the project, we had them come back and renovate our hall bathroom a few months later.

Description of Work
Major master bath renovation and smaller bath renovation

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

11/13/2018

Charles C.

Tried contacting twice - no contact back. At least respond with a "Sorry can't help you now" - just don't leave people hanging.

Description of Work
Several Handyman jobs

Category handyman service

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry for this. I have notes showing that I returned messages from you three times, and I also drove by the address you shared while I was in the area on another job, so I'd know where you lived if/when we connected. Perhaps I jotted down the wrong number. Again, my apologies.

12/06/2017

Gary G.

The work was meticulous and the price tag was very reasonable!

Description of Work
They replaced my mailbox post, installed a new storm door and removed and built a set of steps from our garage into our house.

02/12/2017

Phillip R.

On schedule, on budget, neat, clean and well done.

Description of Work
A variety of light carpentry, electrical, masonry and painting projects.

11/30/2016

Darcy B.

It went *so* well. We worked with Michael and Bob, primarily, and they were both wonderful. First, Michael stopped by to check out what we needed done and to make a list. The work started promptly after that, and Michael was always quick to respond if we had questions along the way. Bob did a beautiful job painting some antique furniture and cleaning up our mailbox, but his most impressive work came in installing an overhead lighting fixture that we wanted in a particular room, but which didn't quite fit in the spot we wanted it. In just a matter of hours, Bob had basically re-done a section of our sunroom ceiling so that the light would fit! It looks perfect. We've stayed in touch with Michael, who has always been available to answer our silly home questions. It's basically like we have a good friend who also happens to be an expert in all things house and home. I can't recommend Litchfield County Home and Handyman highly enough. We are already planning to have Bob build us some built-in bookshelves, and I know we'll use this company for years to come.

Description of Work
We've worked with Litchfield County Home and Handyman on a number of projects. When my husband and I first moved into our new house, we had a whole list of things that needed to be done, but didn't know where to start. We needed our mailbox repaired, a window pane replaced, a gutter replaced, an overhead light fixture hung, a large metal sign hung, and a number of pieces of furniture painted. We wondered: should we try to find specialists for each individual thing, or find one company who could do it all? I did a search for handyman services, and saw that Litchfield County H&H had great reviews. I wrote to Michael, who was so helpful and responsive from the get-go.

11/20/2016

Daniel K.

very well.

Description of Work
Grounds-keeping, property management tasks

Category handyman service, landscaping

11/09/2016

john S.

We were so pleased with the work, we are currently using them for repairs to the siding on our house which was a disaster!

Description of Work
We had several jobs that required attention as the previous work had resulted in rot and water damage. Litchfield Home and Handy was excellent in making those repairs as well as helping guide us to what the underlying cause was. The work was superior and done to the highest standards.

10/27/2016

Wayne P.

Excellent, professional work. Fairly priced and prompt. Responds quickly to emails and phone calls.

Description of Work
FIxed leaking roof and rerouted gutters, reinforced sagging floors, stained house exterior

10/25/2016

Susan S.

Excellent job on my renovation; very professional and dependable. Great customer service - I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Complete bath and kitchen remodel; flooring installation.

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

06/28/2016

Richard Z.

Contacted me immediately, set a date and time to come do the work and was here right on time as promised. I met with the installer, left for work and was very, very impressed when I came home. The work was done, the yard and area was neat as a pin. He not only completed the work, he picked up all the debris and even discarded my old post and mailbox without my asking. He put away all the items I left for him to use to do the job without my even asking or expecting it. Outstanding job.

Description of Work
Installed a new post and mailbox in the ground

04/28/2016

Kelly O.

It was great. They were very respectful of our time and space. They worked with our schedule and always kept us up to date on projects. Very friendly and a joy to have around the house!!

Description of Work
Mike and his crew performed a variety of jobs for us. Painting, building small greenhouses, trim, furniture repairs, built new coat racks.

04/13/2016

Gary G.

Fantastic service. Very friendly folks. The price was well below what we expected to pay. They are coming back to do planting work for us soon. Great to have a service like this available!

Description of Work
Replaced two rails and two posts on split rail fence. Cleaned out debris from border of about 100 ft. of fencing

11/08/2015

Hilary R.

All work was done very well and with little direction. They are professional and competent. It is a service that I have been looking for for a long time. I'm thrilled that I found them++

Description of Work
Many little jobs all done very well. They put together a chicken coop run, planted shrub, garden bed preparation, and moved some things around the house.

Category handyman service, landscaping

Thank you for the kind review! I'm sorry that you couldn't easily change that accidental "F" for "Price" while on the website. My Angie's List account manager says it's quick and easy to make the change via phone, at (888) 888-5478. Again, thanks so much.

10/10/2015

Michael B.

Really nice guy and professional work. Got here to do the jobs quickly at the scheduled time and it was all done well.

Description of Work
Chip came and took care of a bunch of things we needed done, like hanging some shelves, fixing a broken gutter, getting rid of a couple old appliances, etc.

Creative Closets

interior paint interior repairs- shelves, cabinet repair organize closets, rooms, garages install shelves

Diane Cassoli Cleaning

Pro Painters

Pro Painters provides full-service commercial and residential painting in Watertown, CT and the surrounding areas. Family owned and vastly experienced we provide a full range of services that improves the interior and exterior look of your home, or business

HIC-0643646
    Connecticut
    State of Connecticut
    08/01/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Plumbing; Carpentry; Electrical; Repairs; Kitchen; Bathroom; Tile; Flooring; Attic and basement cleanouts; Decks; Patios; Spring and fall cleanup; Pool Maintenance; and More

New-home construction; Foundations; Large roofing jobs