Griswold Plumbing Services, LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since June 2010

8 CT-80

Killingworth, CT 06419

Griswold Plumbing Services, LLC is a locally owned & operated, family owned business that specializes in residential plumbing, heating and complete water well services. With our well-trained and reliable staff, we are dedicated to providing quality workmanship and excellent customer service at fair prices....

07/09/2022

mary L.

theycame out on a 89.00 service call after about 5 minutes they came up and sead now the diagnostic fee would be 325.00 told them all is fine down stairs it is the well pump 5 minutes all is fine with the equipment down stairs, they charge labor for everyting they do. a 1040.00 pump was 2200.00 installed, 1300.00 labor 1600.00 to run new wire installed 650.00 to remove the old pump and install the new one but i was charged 2200.00 to install the pump how can you charge me again to remove and install 325.00 for a new cap again labor installed parts cost about 16oo.00 labor cost for less then 3 hours was 3,300.00 no take a few off the bill even offered cash same price, shrewed sales people put you on the spot in your living room, again who charges labor for every replacement they performed, the pump is guarnteed for 1 year.. wow they will never be called again. i have no problems paying for a service, and a company making a profit but 1,100 an hour for labor and being charged labore for everything performed is way out of context.. we feel and know we were ripped off. office lady had no business values, very unprofessional .. i did put the charge back on my card after i canelled it was 5 days they ended up waiting.. i told how i felt and how can you triple charg

Description of Work
WELL PUMP REPLACEMENT

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, wells

10/19/2020

Juliet N.

The job was done quickly and efficiently but the price they charged for the work performed was outrageous. My husband was suspicious of how much they quoted for the job but was assured that this was the going rate and as we had spent the weekend with no water he felt he needed to go ahead. When the job then only took two guys less than 2 hours he decided to checked the cost of the parts online and they were less than $800. Considering this job took 2 guys less than 2 hours and we were charged $2400 that means they are asking $400 per hour for labor. The same job was quoted at $1300 by Greco and Hanes. Wish we had called them first.

Description of Work
Well tank replacement

Category wells

It’s always disappointing to hear when a customer is not satisfied with the experience they had with our company. After seeing the above review from a recent customer, we would like to address a few key points they left out in their assessment. First, we are a flat rate pricing company, meaning all of our jobs are quoted based on the job itself, not time and materials. The reason we price this way is to be able to give our customers an up-front price that is guaranteed to cover the cost of their repair, installation or service. We are not, as was stated to this customer multiple times prior to work beginning, an hourly rate company that bases our job prices on time and materials. We offer flat-rate pricing because we believe that it is the most honest and fair way to request compensation from our customers due to the fact that everything is out in the open and agreed upon by the customers prior to the start of service. An hourly rate company can take however long they need to complete a job, plus the cost of materials. So, if you have a company with an inexperienced or poorly trained technician, you will end up paying for them to “figure things out” or to make mistakes and have to correct them, all on your dime. In our opinion, that is a poor way to serve the people who hire a company to perform work in their home. In addition to using a flat rate pricing model, which is standard for licensed, insured and well-trained companies all across the country, we also base all of our pricing using nation pricing guides that average the cost of jobs across multiple service providers. Again, this is noy by any means an uncommon practice. Second, when discussing the job with this customer prior to any work being started, our technicians stated, and stressed, multiple times that if he was unsure in any way of the price or how we came to the price, he is free to, and should, call on another company......... To read the rest of our response, copy and paste this link to your browser - https://bit.ly/37wy8hp

10/14/2020

denise W.

They explained the work that needed to be done. They did a good job.

Description of Work
Replaced a cracked pipe

Category drain pipe

08/29/2020

Jan G.

The technicians from Griswold were great: professional, knowledgeable and responsive.

Description of Work
REplace a tankless water heater

Category water heater repair, drain pipe

07/22/2020

Jan G.

The servicemen were exceptionally polite, knowledgeable and professional. They diagnosed a long standing problem that other plumbers did not and fixed it right then and there. I thought the price for putting in the new vent on the pump was great ($475). $200 for cleaning out the shower drain (full of hair visible to the eye after they popped the cover to show me) was a little high. But I would definitely hire again if needed. Thank you!

Description of Work
Revent a septic system pump in a basement bathroom.

Category drain pipe, drain cleaning

06/22/2020

Dawn M.

Work completed after one reschedule.

Description of Work
Replacement of exterior faucet and shut off valve.

10/23/2019

David G.

They called me back and said they could not do the job because the valve was outside the home.I called them back and explained that it was in the basement and not part of the water companies property or responsibility. They said they would have the manager call me back. He never did. They never said anything about the filter. Wasted my time. A good plumber is here right now and he replaced the valve and is installing the filter. You guys need to screen better, David Gilmore

Description of Work
A master water shutoff valve in the basement, plus a whole system water filter

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

04/17/2019

David K.

We were very pleased with the work done. It was neatly and professionally done.

Description of Work
Repiping to connect whole house to sewer line; replaced water tank and fixed broken pipe in shower.

02/08/2019

Steven M.

I was contacted by the company after posting A review and issued a credit for $700.

Description of Work
See previous posting.

12/21/2018

Charles B.

Great work very professional. I would use them again. Prices are a bit high.

Description of Work
Water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

11/27/2018

Scott M.

Excellent from start to finish. Called early morning and left message with service. They called back shortly after opening and confirmed appointment. They showed up at the expected time and quickly and professionally fixed the leaking pipe. In addition they made time to look at waste line and aging boiler to provide estimates.

Description of Work
Drain on kitchen sink had started leaking. As this was the only functioning sink in our recently purchased fixer upper needed this fixed soon.

11/20/2018

Joseph L.

Work is high quality, friendly and timely. But pricing seems very high. Great company to use if you are not price-sensitive....

Description of Work
Installing toilets, unclogging some drains, installed water heater previously.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

11/03/2018

Denise L.

Fantastic. He arrived at our house within 30 minutes of calling him. He evaluated the leak in the basement and quickly told us what was wrong. He had a water tank in his truck and replaced it on the spot. He was gone in 2 hours. He also helped me to clean the faucet filters. We have definitely found a plumber for the future. Highly recommend him.

Description of Work
New water tank

10/31/2018

Larry M.

I was very pleased with my experience with Griswold Plumbing, they installed a new shower faucet/showerhead and later a water treatment system. They were prompt, very professional, and courteous going the extra mile when needed. I highly recommend Griswold Plumbing and won't hesitate to call them again.

Description of Work
installed new faucet/shower head and Blake Water Treatment Equipment

10/31/2018

Steve G.

Great job done. Work done professional and as expected.

Description of Work
Water filtration

08/18/2018

Tom M.

Never received quote for the service. They contacted me ask for a picture of the old boiler which I sent but never was contacted by them again.

Description of Work
New boiler

07/11/2018

Douglas G.

Plumbing co. said repair couldn't be done unless entire shower/tub was replaced. Having no experience in this type of repair work, I agreed to the price even though I thought the quote was very inflated. Job was done quickly. Clean up was less than adequate. Their caulking was so poor I had to bring in another professional to redo it. I will never use this company again and would never recommend them to anyone. Photos will tell the story. Weeks after the repair was finished I had to call them to get a receipt. Receipt itemized nothing.

Description of Work
Broken Bathroom Shower/tub fixtures resulting from a fall

04/03/2018

Dennis T.

After getting a really late (several days) or no response from two other plumbers, I contacted Griswold plumbing after finding them here. Jeremy called me back immediately, listened to my concerns and scheduled me for two days later. The other plumber that actually returned my call needed a week after missing the first appointment. Jeremy showed up and identified the issues with my hot water and quoted me a very fair price for the amount of work he ended up having to do on my neglected plumbing. He was friendly, quick, honest, and professional. He had everything completed within a reasonable time and my hot water never worked so good. I decided to go with him again for another project I need help with and I will keep Griswold Plumbing in mind for my next home. The reviews really show what great service these guys provide!

Description of Work
Boiler heater core replacement, expansion tank, pressure valve, boiler drain valve, etc

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, wells

11/27/2017

Harold A.

They were here on time and did the expected work well.

Description of Work
Replaced faucet

10/04/2017

Jason L.

It was 300.00 more money than my normal guy would charge but he had the part in stock ready to go on a Friday w house guests coming into town.

Description of Work
Minor pump work done.

Category plumbing, wells

08/28/2017

Mark C.

Went ok, he missed his mark on drilling through to the outside and drilled a second hole. He forgot to plug the first hole was the only issue.

Description of Work
Relocate water filter and added an outdoor spigot.

07/26/2017

Margaret R.

I was so impressed there were some many problems and he stayed till 3:45 till it was done right. I wish I had contacted Griswald Plumbing to begin with.I am very grateful for all their hard work. All my friends and family will know who to go to. I can't thank them enough. To a job well done!!!

Description of Work
Well diagnosis and pump work in error by someone else without water for 3 weeks because nof one called me back or wanted to touch anyone else's work. I called on Monday at 3:15 and Jeremy came a half hour later. I signed a contract and Tuesday morning he was here and stayed till everything was done right.

Category plumbing, wells

Thank you for your review and I'm so grateful that you took the time to let others know. I will pass this along to the men and I know that your review will go beyond letting the general public know what were doing but the benefit of the men knowing that they had an impact such as this will continue to be the fuel which we use to run on.Thank you again. Tim Griswold.

06/08/2017

Alicia D.

They were able to come out the same day I called them. Kept me informed of when they expected to be there and arrived at beginning of the window they gave me. Explained to me what they would need to do and gave me a price before starting, did the work quickly and cleaned up after it was done.

Description of Work
Leak in domestic pipe above kitchen ceiling, section of pipe needed to be cut out and replaced.

05/15/2017

Risa K.

Excellent service. Knew what the problem was immediately despite the fact that 2 other companies couldn't figure it out. Professional. Reasonable price. Will use them for my preventive maintenance from now on.

Description of Work
Water tank replaced.

Category wells

12/22/2016

Charles M.

Finished in 1 hour and a half.. Service Provider charged $921.00 for labor. That is 614.00 an hour. Member feels the charge is unfair.

Description of Work
Installed a bathroom sink faucet fixture Member purchased. Replaced 2 shut off valves under the sink.

T.J. Plumbing Supplies & Service, LLC

Family owned residential plumbing service company.

Cawiamca

UNBEATABLE PRICES ON AIR CONDITIONING INSTALLATIONS! Cawiamca Heating and Cooling-- Offers top quality heating/mechanical services. Professional Service and Guaranteed Quality Workmanship. Cawiamca is a trusted, BBB A+ Rated Contractor serving the Connecticut Shoreline since 2014.

East Coast Mechanical Inc

Formed in 1994 by Norm Wium, East Coast Mechanical Inc. has become one of the preeminent Trane Comfort Specialist Dealers in the area. We specialize in residential renovation and replacements along with residential/light commercial construction and service. Located at 1187 Highland Avenue in Cheshire, we have a complete fabrication shop, office and service parts inventory on site. We offer 24-hour service, maintenance agreements and, of course, free evaluations and heat loss calculations for comfort system installations. Additional email - info@calleastcoast.com.

Offers by East Coast Mechanical Inc on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Well Pumps, Well Tanks, Water Treatment, Jet Pumps, Hot Water Heaters, Faucets, Fixtures, Pipes, Sump Pumps, Drains, Toilets, Showers, Tubs, Sinks, Washer Valves, Garbage Disposals, Home Heating, Climate Control, Leaks & 24/7 Emergency Service/Repairs.