D.H. Radomski, Inc.

Founded 1976 • With Angi since September 2006

26 Steadman St

Hartford, CT 06114

With over 30 years of experience, D.H. Radomski, Inc. is one of the leading home improvement contractors in the Greater Hartford Area. Started in 1976 by David Radomski, with the intention of offering quality home improvements at fair and reasonable prices, the company has grown into one of the

12/28/2018

John G.

The windows were replaced in one day with a little follow up work the next day. It was done very professionally with very little disturbance inside or out. The windows are Harvey Tribute and we are very pleased with the way the operate and with their tightness. The siding job followed right after the windows. We had a single installer and thus the job took about 4 weeks but it was done very nicely and again we are pleased with the result. Dave Radomski is a very knowledgeable and experienced contractor who does an excellent job of listening to the customer, making helpful suggestions and then overseeing the work.

Description of Work
replacement windows and replacement vinyl siding

Category siding, replacement windows

04/10/2017

Bob D.

OUTSTANDING WORK! Excellent job with terrific attention to detail. The BEST pricing out of 6 different Builders/Contractors/Home Service Comp that I contacted....they came in under HALF of 2 of the builders contacted. Exemplary workmanship & punctual with respect for the property. Would recommend D. H. Radomski for any type of siding job you have.....you will not be sorry.

Description of Work
I needed Vinyl Siding put onto a small cottage in Old Saybrook & reached out to D. H. Radomski for an estimate & to look over what needed to be done.

Category gutter repair, siding

08/10/2016

Peg B.

Perfect- the workmen were wonderful, very professional, always on time, great attention to detail. Dave is very hard to reach, which was sometimes frustrating, but I would highly recommend this company any time. They are terrific. Work was very affordable. Had I realised what a great difference it would make, we would have installed new windows 10 years ago!

Description of Work
Replaced all windows and storm door

04/27/2016

Deepti P.

This business was recommended to us by one of our neighbors. The initial conversation went very well. Rob Radomski was prompt in answering my husbands questions and setting up an appointment. After measuring the windows, he emailed a quote that was the lowest of the 3 quotes we received. However, as soon as we wanted to move ahead with the proposal and schedule the job, Radomski stopped responding to voicemails, emails and text messages. No reason was ever provided. I am assuming that there was a mistake in the quote and they didn't want to honor the price or did not want our business. Either way, it's a very poor to go about it. Will not use or recommend.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for replacement windows

Category replacement windows

02/01/2016

Damian S.

Met with DH Radomski, he was very knowledgeable and friendly. He knows a lot about windows and what options are available and he talked through what we should select and what would work out in our room. I felt very confident at this stage. I see his sign all over West Hartford so that was reassuring as well. One of the drivers for finally replacing our inefficient windows was all the wood rot around the windows. The holes from the rot were bad enough last winter that we had to plastic our windows and the draft caused the plastic to balloon inward it was that bad. The actual day of installation arrived and Mr Radomski himself was not on site. He didn't give an indication that he was going to outsource the job but two guys in a beat up old van turned up to do the work. They didn't have the Radomski shirt or signage on their truck. When I inspected the work when I got home I found that they had reinstalled all the rotten wood. The holes that were the impetus for performing the work were still there. There were four places around our brand new windows where I could push my finger into the wood rot and it would sink in past my first knuckle. I texted Radomski a couple times, when I sent him photos he called me back and arranged to have the wood fixed. The same guys who did the initial work came back and replaced the rotten wood that was visible on the outside. It is done now and we have finished painting it ( I hadn't realized that the raw wood would be left exposed ) and it has turned out ok in the end, but not a pleasant experience

Description of Work
Supplied and installed 4 double hung windows and 2 picture windows in our sunroom.

11/02/2015

Gena T.

I am extremely glad I went with D.H. Radomski, Inc. I had obtained 4 quotes, three were pretty much in the same ballpark but varying quality of windows, and one was almost double all the others. One quote was a big box store (Home Depot- knew right away I wasn't going that route), another was a larger business in the Waterford area, and two were smaller operations. After talking with all of the various contractors/salesmen I felt most comfortable and confident about D. H. Radomski Inc. Dave always got back to me in a relatively short period of time, and he took the time I needed to explain and answer all of my questions. He even went above and beyond working with the town building department to determine if my home was going to need special storm windows or shutters to meet the town's building codes. He followed up on the job after his guys completed the work to make sure I was satisfied. I had a couple of concerns about the caulking and loose screens. He was great. Worked out a time to meet to go over all my concerns and fixed or replaced whatever needed to be done. I one hundred percent recommend this company.! I have already told many of my friends and neighbors about D.H. Radomski, Inc. I plan on hiring him again to enlarge a single door to a patio door in the spring. I was going to hire him sooner for the door, but other jobs took precedent, but I will hire him again.

Description of Work
Replaced all out dated double-hung and storm windows with Harvey windows, 4 double-hung and 2 large picture windows downstairs, 3 double-hung, 4 large double sliders,and one extra large picture window, . Also they enlarged one double-hung window on the side to a double slider to provide a better view, and shortened another window so that I could relocate my kitchen. These are fabulous windows. Not only do they help regulate heating and cooling effects caused by the sun and or cold temperatures, they also help reduce the outside noise from passing traffic and landscaping equipment such as chainsaws and lawnmowers.

Category handyman service, roofing, replacement windows, patios

11/02/2015

Bethany B.

The provider responded quickly to my contact, and came out to take a look at the roof within a couple of days. After determining that the roof had a lot of ups and downs (it's a big 100 year old house) they had an aerial estimate service they contract with take a picture to do an accurate measurement. They actually called to apologize that the estimate would not be completed within five, rather than three, days after the initial contact because the aerial company was backed up. Neither of the other two companies I contacted actually responded after the initial contact. The estimate seemed very reasonable--about 10K for architectural shingles on my house, removal of a layer of roof, etc. I will almost go with Radomski when I do replace my roof, but after getting advice from the folks that did some chimney work, I decided that replacing the roof (which is oldish but doesn't leak) was not a priority.

Description of Work
Provided estimate on new roof

Category roofing, chimney repair

08/24/2015

lisa M.

In all my years of dealing with contractors, I have never been so impressed with Dave Radomski and his crew. Seth Taylor did an amazing job of leading the crew in siding my house to perfection. Prompt, quiet, precise and they went the extra mile to correct small things that I noticed, offered to do extra things that I never thought about-no charge, returned defective product that i was very impressed with, all in all a very positive experience. Dave is a true gentleman and an honorable businessman. I would recommend them to everyone!

Description of Work
Installed 32 Harvey Windows and sided house and garage with Cedar Impressions siding.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

08/14/2015

Rick S.

Dave and his crew did an amazing job on our 1920s American Foursquare house. We were attempting to restore it to its original color. Their pricing was competitive and they were very matter of fact in terms of what features suited our home and needs best. They provided detailed explanations as the process was rolling along and was at my house within 10 minutes if I had any questions. Even a year later Dave was driving over to answer any questions I had and address any issues immediately. I will no doubt be contacting them about my roof.....though hopefully we won't need that any time soon! :)

Description of Work
New vinyl siding, gutters, soft, side door, back door, two screen doors

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

06/17/2015

Martha S.

The team did a great job. They were very professional, quick, and extremely neat. They cleaned up after themselves so well, you could barely tell anyone had been there. Also, a few months ago, a large branch fell and punctured the roof, which I noticed as I was leaving for a long week-end. I called Dave and they came out a fixed it the next day. Looks brand new.

Description of Work
Removed and installed new garage roof, including wood replacement

05/01/2015

William S.

He showed up on time - did what he said he would do - and left the yard looking like he hadn't been there. Unusual things to have happen with most contractors these days - refreshing !

Description of Work
Replaced roof

04/30/2015

KURT B.

Awesome job. I am really pleased with the results of Radomski and his team. His roofers are all very experienced and hard working. The work started and finished on-time and quickly. I would absolutely hire Radomski again.

Description of Work
Re-roofed 1200sqft house. The roofers cleared off all old shingles, disposed of old torn-off roof materials, re-felted, re-shingled (with architectural shingles), replaced damaged roof deck, re-applied flashing to roof edges and chimney.

Category decks, roofing, chimney repair

02/23/2015

Loftus B.

Spoke to someone, maybe the son, who said he'd come out that afternoon. He called back and said he'd misread the clock, but would come out. By that time it was getting dark and he said he'd come out the next day at noon. He neither called nor showed up the next day. The company has good reviews and I have no doubt they do good work, but the person I talked with was no good at scheduling a meeting.

Description of Work
Asked for an estimate on roof work.

02/03/2015

AMY H.

He was substantially slower in responding than the contractor we eventually went with, but he was careful, professional, and detail-oriented. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
We got an estimate for a roof leak.

12/11/2014

Sir R.

Dave was truly AMAZING!!! I am new to the area so he not only changed my windows at a reasonable price but also pointed me in the right direction to find the most cost effective way to replace them... unlike other vendors who were just out to sell their products and looking for a big sale. His crew was super efficient and friendly, a true plus for this company. Thank You, D.H. Radomski, Inc. for all your help, great service and kindness!! Sir. Gerard

Description of Work
Change my windows

11/13/2014

Antina F.

Their pricing was very fair compared to other estimates. Once they started the work they were finished quickly. They sent me pictures to send to the insurance company quickly as well. We had no issues and they did a good job.

Description of Work
They replaced the entire roof on the house.

11/11/2014

brendon M.

Everything was great! Dave ordered us a new Thermatru door that was exactly what we needed. Dave was very responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. The work was perfect, and we are very happy with the new door! The job took less than a day. I will definitely be using them again for more doors in the future.

Description of Work
We had a new door ordered and installed.

10/03/2014

Joanne H.

I called 3 contractors from Angie's List to estimate re-siding my Mom-in-Law's home. Dave called back the same day and came out to estimate the job within 48 hours. He was very professional, a great partner and in steady, clear, customer service oriented communication through phone and email from day one. His price was fair and he spent the time to explain the estimate. He was able to talk schedule when we discussed the estimate. The schedule we discussed was the final one they delivered. I received the contract via email from Dave's son the following day. Payment was only made to Dave or one of his 2 sons in person. 50% upon material drop and 50% when the job was complete. Removing the old rotary TV antenna was not part of the contracted job. They removed it from the roof peak and disposed of it for no additional fee. Our installer was Don, who worked alone on this small cape. He could not have been nicer to my Mom-in-Law and her live in aid. The seams on the window and door trim are perfectly fitted. The quality of his work is excellent. This is important to us because the house is completely white, from the roof to the lawn. With little to distract the eye, poor quality would be apparent. Don worked steady, put in a full days work, cleaned up daily and ensured at the end of the job that my Mom-in-Law's yard as well the neighbors on each side was completely clean. The house looks very nice. Everyone we dealt with exhibited a genuine caring that you would hope someone would extend your elderly loved one. They did everything they committed to, and more. They did it with respect, courtesy, professionalism and quality. They were on time, on budget and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Removed 50 year old, highly oxidized, painted and peeling aluminum siding replacing it with vinyl siding and new aluminum trim around windows and doors. Removed gutters and 2 awnings, replacing them after siding was complete. Removed obsolete TV antenna from roof peak. Hauled away old siding, scrape and TV antenna. Thoroughly cleaned up yard.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

08/27/2014

barbara A.

Excellent job and the workers were very professional and neat. My house never looked better! Very pleased.

Description of Work
installed vinyl shakes, gutters, trim

Category gutter repair, roofing

06/18/2014

Amy M.

They did a great job. We got a few estimates and D.H. Radomski was the best estimate and we were happy with their professionalism and flexibility working around our schedule. We ordered 18 replacement windows including two large picture windows. They did a fantastic job. They were very neat when they needed to move some things (we forgot to leave enough space near one window). They were very responsive when we had questions both before and after we had the work done. Now a year and a half later we are still very pleased with their work and have had them provide an estimate for another home project we are considering.

Description of Work
New replacement windows.

Category replacement windows

04/25/2014

Ryan L.

Dave, the owner, was great from beginning to end. He did an initial assessment and filled in all the leaks in the roof without charge to tied us over to better weather. As soon as weather permitted, when the snow was gone, his crew promptly began their work. The crew was careful to set up tarps, etc., to ensure that the house, porch, etc, were protected while removing the old roof. Throughout the whole process, the crew was efficient and meticulous, even numbering each gutter guard to ensure it was re-installed properly. Once completed, the crew even went inside the attic to clean all the debris created during installation. The new roof looks great, as does the new lead flashing along the chimney.

Description of Work
Removed old roof and installed a new roof and replacement boards where needed

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing

03/31/2014

Steve R.

I have had DH Radomski side a building, and two roof jobs. Always pleased with the work.

03/24/2014

sheldon F.

Work was done properly...but very difficult to reach the company...phone calls not returned...no follow-up

Description of Work
deck work...minor repairs on roof

Category decks, roofing

01/08/2014

Thomas M.

It was a big project that took a long time. In general, Dave the owner is very knowledgeable and professional. When he is on sight the crew is attentive and focused. Unfortunately, he was not always on site. Rotted wood was discovered during the process and we them replace rotted studs and plywood as needed. Dave brought in additional crew to handle framing and door work. We are generally happy with the result, but it took a long time.

Description of Work
The following work was done: Remove aluminum siding around all of the windows and put 1”x4” wood for new construction windows. Repair and replace rotted studs and plywood. Remove all old aluminum siding. Install new ¾” foam insulation. Install new vinyl siding ( minimum seams).Install (2) new entry doors. Install Azek trim around all doors. Install new front railings.

11/11/2013

Anita M.

What details? They installed a door! One more thing - I consulted with Mr. Radomski before I purchased the door. His advice was very helpful at that point.

Description of Work
Installed a new kitchen to breezeway door. Because I knew they could do this, I was able to purchase the door I wanted from a door dealer, instead of using a company which provided both door and installation. I am completely happy with the installation, and they were very helpful and flexible about installing the locks and hardware. They were very nice to do business with. I would recommend them without reservation.

Category handyman service, doors