Fernandez Painting

HIC. 0673703
State of CT
Dept of Consumer Protection
11/30/2016

Interior and Exterior Painting...

DC Painting

We are a professional painting contractor specializing in interior and exterior painting, powerwashing and deck staining. Our company has over 35 years experience with professional references. Our work is always high quality with the utmost in professionalism. We strive to create a unique business-customer relationship always attentive to the customers needs and schedules. We always offer senior citizen, law enforcement, fire fighter, military and all medical personnel discounts. Licensed, insured and bonded.

Westfhal Painting and Drywall LLC

Westfhal Painting & Drywall draws on more than 16 years of industry experience to help homeowners in Waterbury, CT improve their spaces inside and out. Work with our painting contractor to add a pop of color or hire us to swap out your siding for improved curb appeal. No matter what project you decide to tackle, you can rely on our team for professional assistance.

P M Quality Painting

Proudly family-owned and operated since 1997. We offer free estimates at your home or place of business and take pride in providing the highest quality service. We are on time and on budget with all projects. All work guaranteed for 3 years against normal use of materials and workmanship. We specialize in interior and exterior paint or staining. Call or e-mail us directly at: pandmqualitypainting@yahoo.com. We are licensed, bonded, insured, & Lead Certified.

06/24/2020

Danielle T.

Do NOT hire this company!! Luis gave us a quote last year to stain our log home. Within the first few days after they started, he told us the cost was going to increase by $1,000, which my husband agreed to. During the duration of time our house was being cleaned and stained, my husband kept calling/texting Luis to tell him it did not look right and he should come check it out. Luis continued to push my husband off, telling him he would stop by but never did until the last day. My husband paid him the total (don’t get me started, I know this was stupid), as Luis told my husband he needed to pay his guys and if it still looked bad once the stain dried, they’d come back and fix it. Well, once the stain dried our house looked WORSE than before!!! We had drip marks everywhere, uneven stain, missed spots, hazing on the wood in spots from going too hard with a power washer, etc. My husband called Luis all fall, winter and spring to get him back out here to fix it. Luis came to see it in May, acknowledged how horrible it looked and then basically told us he “just has to walk away”!!!!!! He claims it was all the Sherwin Williams reps fault and my husband said that shouldn’t be our problem as the customer, it should be LUIS’s problem. My husband offered to pay for lunch for his guys, but all the supplies and additional stain and even offered him more money just so he can FIX our house and he refuses to be a good man and just finish the job. So now we are out $5,500 and our house looks WORSE than before he came. Absolutely DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY!!!! Here are some pictures of what our house looked like before vs. after. NOTE: The front porch picture and picture with the truck and dog are the before pictures... everything else is AFTER Luis :(

Description of Work
Staining on exterior of wood home

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

03/18/2019

David C.

"If your looking for a great painter, look no further than Fernandez Painting. After meeting with three other contractors, it didn't take me long to pick this company. Luis gave me his best price up front and his team of painters did an outstanding job. A group of men, who were efficient, courteous, and accommodating in working around us, our guests, and all of our needs. Your employees are a credit to your company. I recommend them highly, and will use for continued service. I also appreciate the fact that Luis comes to see progress of work, he informs and shows me areas that need special attention. Luis is a straight-up guy. No hidden cost and high quality!"

Description of Work
Exterior house paint 4 colors

Category pressure washing,woodworking,house painters,interior painters

Thank you for your thoughtful review of our work. Your house looks great. As we say, if you are happy, we are happy.

04/25/2018

Sarah H.

They are very professional and I can trust them in my home even with my children. They give good quality for the price.

Description of Work
Interior Painting of Bedrooms, Bathrooms and Hallways, Exterior of Whole Home, Gutter Cleaning and Window Replacement / Reglazing

04/19/2018

Eric G.

Luis did an excellent job. Him and his team are professional and price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

01/22/2018

Kitty U.

I can only rate for responsiveness and professionalism, as the 8 hour deal purchased for wallpaper removal was never done. Over several months, I left numerous messages for Mr. Fernandez to schedule time to complete the work. After receiving no response, and the deal expiring, I reached out to Angie’s list for assistance. They were extremely helpful and also reached out to Mr. Fernandez, but still no response. I left one last message requesting a refund since it was clear Mr. Fernandez had no intention of honoring the prepaid deal. He did then respond via text asking for my address and indicated he would mail me a refund check – which I never received. It was Angie’s List who stepped in and sent me a refund even though they were not responsible for doing so. Thank you to Angie’s List for being the professionals here! Unfortunately, the same can’t be said for Mr. Fernandez. If Mr. Fernandez is too busy to return calls and honor the deals he accepts payment for, he should stop offering them (he still had deals running during this time). Had he taken 5 minutes to return one of my many calls, I would have understood if he was too busy to do the job and gladly accepted a refund. Had he done the job, I was hoping to have found a painter that I could hire for a much larger painting job afterwards. It may not matter to Mr. Fernandez, but not only did he lose out on that, unfortunately he also lost out on the potential for several large painting jobs for others that were waiting to see how my experience went.

Description of Work
Wallpaper removal and painting

Category wallpaper removal,interior painters

I am sorry the deal did not work out for you. There are times that there is miscommunication. But we always respond to our clients.

10/03/2017

David S.

Although we did not end up selecting Luis' company for our project (we had several contractors come out and ended up going with someone who is very local to our community), I did want to comment on how professional he was and how quick he was to respond to our initial call. He responded within a few hours and also ended up coming out the same day to take a look. We had the written estimate within 24 hours. He was a very professional gentleman. I also want to say that he was polite when I responded to him to let him know that we had selected someone else. I REALLY appreciate that kind of professionalism and would definitely consider him in the future.

Description of Work
We requested an estimate for interior painting (ceilings and walls)

Category interior painters

Thank you for the review.

09/20/2017

Paul O.

Very happy with results. No problems and easy to work with. Luis and his workers listened and addressed all questions. Left work site clean.

Description of Work
Painted living room, hallway, and foyer. Skim coated the foyer wall. Sealed / painted two brick walls and two wall papered walls. Painted trim on bay window and door. Painted ceilings.

Category plastering,interior painters,doors

Thank you for your review. I am glad you are happy.

09/18/2017

Alan C.

Never contacted me, even those I cantacted them and Angie's List contacted them. They never called or performed services I paid for.

Description of Work
One room was to be painted.

Category interior painters

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I apologize that we could not connect with you in. We have been blessed with a very busy work schedule. I hope you were able to get a credit.

08/09/2017

Sue Ann B.

Fine. They did a good job and cleaned up with no problem.

Description of Work
Inside painting

06/06/2017

Denise B.

Paid upfront as part of a "Deal". Filled out my three potential available times and dates on Angie's List. Never heard from them. Called them after more than two weeks, talked to whomever answered, he gave me an email address to email him to set something up since he was on a job and couldn't do it then. Still didn't answer the email to schedule. Ended up canceling through Angie's List and got my money back. After sending yet another email through the website, heard from them again and they said the emails were going to an old account they didn't look at anymore and they would be calling me back to reschedule again. This is the second deal on Angie's List I've had to cancel because no one calls to schedule anything. Keep in mind that there is a reason these companies are offering "deals", when most reputable companies don't have to offer "deals" to get clients. Be very wary!

Description of Work
Sheetrocking and taping

Category drywall

I am sorry that the deal didn't work for you. We are super blessed with work. Thank you.

Fernandez Painting

Founded 2006 • With Angi since April 2012

P.o. Box 1134

Farmington, CT 06034

We do free estimates. We mostly work in the residential area, however we do small commercial jobs. Our interior work is super fine and detail oriented. Our exterior work is exceptional and clean. Our services include but are not limited to pressure/power washing, wall paper removal and deck repairs and gutter cleaning.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal