Fernandez Painting

Farmington, CT 06034

Interior and Exterior Painting

06/24/2020

Danielle T.

Do NOT hire this company!! Luis gave us a quote last year to stain our log home. Within the first few days after they started, he told us the cost was going to increase by $1,000, which my husband agreed to. During the duration of time our house was being cleaned and stained, my husband kept calling/texting Luis to tell him it did not look right and he should come check it out. Luis continued to push my husband off, telling him he would stop by but never did until the last day. My husband paid him the total (don’t get me started, I know this was stupid), as Luis told my husband he needed to pay his guys and if it still looked bad once the stain dried, they’d come back and fix it. Well, once the stain dried our house looked WORSE than before!!! We had drip marks everywhere, uneven stain, missed spots, hazing on the wood in spots from going too hard with a power washer, etc. My husband called Luis all fall, winter and spring to get him back out here to fix it. Luis came to see it in May, acknowledged how horrible it looked and then basically told us he “just has to walk away”!!!!!! He claims it was all the Sherwin Williams reps fault and my husband said that shouldn’t be our problem as the customer, it should be LUIS’s problem. My husband offered to pay for lunch for his guys, but all the supplies and additional stain and even offered him more money just so he can FIX our house and he refuses to be a good man and just finish the job. So now we are out $5,500 and our house looks WORSE than before he came. Absolutely DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY!!!! Here are some pictures of what our house looked like before vs. after. NOTE: The front porch picture and picture with the truck and dog are the before pictures... everything else is AFTER Luis :(

Description of Work
Staining on exterior of wood home

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

03/18/2019

David C.

"If your looking for a great painter, look no further than Fernandez Painting. After meeting with three other contractors, it didn't take me long to pick this company. Luis gave me his best price up front and his team of painters did an outstanding job. A group of men, who were efficient, courteous, and accommodating in working around us, our guests, and all of our needs. Your employees are a credit to your company. I recommend them highly, and will use for continued service. I also appreciate the fact that Luis comes to see progress of work, he informs and shows me areas that need special attention. Luis is a straight-up guy. No hidden cost and high quality!"

Description of Work
Exterior house paint 4 colors

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Thank you for your thoughtful review of our work. Your house looks great. As we say, if you are happy, we are happy.

04/25/2018

Sarah H.

They are very professional and I can trust them in my home even with my children. They give good quality for the price.

Description of Work
Interior Painting of Bedrooms, Bathrooms and Hallways, Exterior of Whole Home, Gutter Cleaning and Window Replacement / Reglazing

04/19/2018

Eric G.

Luis did an excellent job. Him and his team are professional and price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

01/22/2018

Kitty U.

I can only rate for responsiveness and professionalism, as the 8 hour deal purchased for wallpaper removal was never done. Over several months, I left numerous messages for Mr. Fernandez to schedule time to complete the work. After receiving no response, and the deal expiring, I reached out to Angie’s list for assistance. They were extremely helpful and also reached out to Mr. Fernandez, but still no response. I left one last message requesting a refund since it was clear Mr. Fernandez had no intention of honoring the prepaid deal. He did then respond via text asking for my address and indicated he would mail me a refund check – which I never received. It was Angie’s List who stepped in and sent me a refund even though they were not responsible for doing so. Thank you to Angie’s List for being the professionals here! Unfortunately, the same can’t be said for Mr. Fernandez. If Mr. Fernandez is too busy to return calls and honor the deals he accepts payment for, he should stop offering them (he still had deals running during this time). Had he taken 5 minutes to return one of my many calls, I would have understood if he was too busy to do the job and gladly accepted a refund. Had he done the job, I was hoping to have found a painter that I could hire for a much larger painting job afterwards. It may not matter to Mr. Fernandez, but not only did he lose out on that, unfortunately he also lost out on the potential for several large painting jobs for others that were waiting to see how my experience went.

Description of Work
Wallpaper removal and painting

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

I am sorry the deal did not work out for you. There are times that there is miscommunication. But we always respond to our clients.

10/03/2017

David S.

Although we did not end up selecting Luis' company for our project (we had several contractors come out and ended up going with someone who is very local to our community), I did want to comment on how professional he was and how quick he was to respond to our initial call. He responded within a few hours and also ended up coming out the same day to take a look. We had the written estimate within 24 hours. He was a very professional gentleman. I also want to say that he was polite when I responded to him to let him know that we had selected someone else. I REALLY appreciate that kind of professionalism and would definitely consider him in the future.

Description of Work
We requested an estimate for interior painting (ceilings and walls)

09/20/2017

Paul O.

Very happy with results. No problems and easy to work with. Luis and his workers listened and addressed all questions. Left work site clean.

Description of Work
Painted living room, hallway, and foyer. Skim coated the foyer wall. Sealed / painted two brick walls and two wall papered walls. Painted trim on bay window and door. Painted ceilings.

Category plastering, interior painters, doors

Thank you for your review. I am glad you are happy.

09/18/2017

Alan C.

Never contacted me, even those I cantacted them and Angie's List contacted them. They never called or performed services I paid for.

Description of Work
One room was to be painted.

Category interior painters

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I apologize that we could not connect with you in. We have been blessed with a very busy work schedule. I hope you were able to get a credit.

08/09/2017

Sue Ann B.

Fine. They did a good job and cleaned up with no problem.

Description of Work
Inside painting

06/06/2017

Denise B.

Paid upfront as part of a "Deal". Filled out my three potential available times and dates on Angie's List. Never heard from them. Called them after more than two weeks, talked to whomever answered, he gave me an email address to email him to set something up since he was on a job and couldn't do it then. Still didn't answer the email to schedule. Ended up canceling through Angie's List and got my money back. After sending yet another email through the website, heard from them again and they said the emails were going to an old account they didn't look at anymore and they would be calling me back to reschedule again. This is the second deal on Angie's List I've had to cancel because no one calls to schedule anything. Keep in mind that there is a reason these companies are offering "deals", when most reputable companies don't have to offer "deals" to get clients. Be very wary!

Description of Work
Sheetrocking and taping

Category drywall

I am sorry that the deal didn't work for you. We are super blessed with work. Thank you.

05/30/2017

Eric G.

Team did a fantastic job. They were prompt, courteous, and professional.

Description of Work
Painted several rooms.

05/13/2017

MICHAEL H Y.

Brilliantly. The guys worked around tricky weather conditions and worked 2 days straight when the weather cleared. They moved all the porch furniture and actually spent one whole day on detailed sanding and prepping the porch floor for the painting. They are polite, friendly and extremely careful and neat. I plan to have them back this winter to paint the inside of my house. There were 3 painters

Description of Work
large exterior porch floor painted - 2 coats. Small side porch primed +2 costs paint. Spindled railing primed and painted - 2 coats. Spindled railing on upstairs porch primed and painted. Front door painted.

Category house painters

Thank you for being a return customer. I am happy that you are pleased with our work. Thank you for the review.

05/09/2017

Paul T.

I paid the fee of $149 for the Angie's List big deal. They have not been terribly responsive. They have basically put me off with scheduling a date to come do the job. They contacted me very shortly after I purchased the deal and asked for a detailed description of what the job would consist of. I sent them a fairly extensive email to them and after sending that email I have gotten really no response from them until May and I sent that email April 10th. I had asked them what date they could come and I had to contact them again in early May. I got a response that they had a bunch of big jobs so they couldn't schedule a small job like mine. They suggested I contact Angie's List to get a refund or they can schedule me in June. So now they are scheduled to come on June 22nd. I am disappointed in the lack of responsiveness. I am only commenting on their responsiveness since the work has not been done yet. The fact they didn't respond to the email they asked me to send, I almost think they deserve an F for professionalism. From a business stand point I don't feel they deserve my business. I do recall they had good ratings when I purchased the big deal. I am hoping this will ultimately turn out to be a good experience. Once they do the job I will provide another review. Based on my experience so far it is not something I want to repeat.

Description of Work
They made me an offer for painting one room.

Category interior painters

The Spring is always feast or famine. It is unfortunate that the scheduling and our response timing has not worked in your favor.

04/22/2017

Gregory L R.

Not well they never showed up. As usual with Angie's List you have these great prices and then all these contractors are unable to fulfill the obligations. You bank my money with interest and take months to return it to me. This is the third time this has happen where I contracted someone and waited months to hear from them only to have my money refunded. Then it takes months for you to send me my refund.

Description of Work
I was supposed to get four hours of drywall work done. I waited about two months and got no call so i called them and they said they would be out in another month. That didn't happen.

Category drywall, interior painters

04/19/2017

W David W.

It went well. The painter was earnest and very cooperative, but he was a journeyman, so he's still working on his craft. Missed a few details and I had to point somethings out for correction, but it was a good deal and for the money I'd go with Fernandez Paintiog again.

Description of Work
Paint bathroom

04/18/2017

Catherine O.

Very efficient job. Luis and his team were prompt and professional and did a great job on everything. Will need to provide a few rollers, if necessary.

Description of Work
Paint home interior (1800 sq ft). Some drywall in bathrooms.

Category drywall, interior painters

04/17/2017

Paul M.

They were on time and work was done without any issues. Excellent job.

Description of Work
Sheet rock repair

Category drywall, woodworking, interior painters

04/10/2017

Sylvia L.

It went smoothly. He was on time and a great painter.

Description of Work
I needed my new family room with 6 windows with trim and with trim around the fireplace, painted. Mr. Fernandez did a super job. He was kind, professional, hard working and did a great job. I'm very pleased and would highly recommend him.

02/18/2017

Jeff S.

Excellent! I would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Great value for a great painter!

02/08/2017

Curtis S.

Extremely well! Everything I expected to be done and more!

Description of Work
Drywall repairs

Category drywall, plastering

12/31/2016

Subroto R.

Based on other Angie's list member reviews I expected less communication from provider. So I really stepped up the communication. Made sure that they understood that I did not have a ladder. Also what I needed to exactly buy eg. wall paper removal fluid ahead of the job. The job went reasonably well and the two workers were nice enough. It turned out that the staircase would do better with a coating of putty to cover some expected wall paper removal indentations. I had two choices (1) wait uncertainly for a different time that the workers could come back to finish painting after prepping the wall (2) accept the indentations. I chose to do the former. For both the business and Angie's list members strongly recommend better communication ahead of the job. Would still grade the provider as A.

Description of Work
Needed wall paper removal on staircase and painting of staircase,kitchen and bathroom.I bought an Angie's list deal.

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Thank you for the detailed review.

12/20/2016

Jason W.

All done in one day with good results.

Description of Work
Painting of two rooms and ceilings.

11/25/2016

MICHAEL H Y.

I had been putting this off and responded to the deal offered by Fernandez windows. They returned my email promptly and were here within 2 days. They were on time and did the work (a primer and 2 coats of semigloss) in a little over half a day. They were organized, quiet and did the painting while I was working. The work is neat and beautifully done. They cleaned up the space before they left. I was really impressed and am booking them for exterior paint work in the spring. My highest recommendation.

Description of Work
I needed unpainted wood around new replacement windows and the wood around a new glass door glass door painted - and the wood around the glass on the door as well.

Category interior painters

It is alway great to hear when customers are happy with our work. Thank you kindly. Fernandez Painting

11/10/2016

Damian S.

It went very well. It didn't cost anything extra.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Fernandez Painting. They painted an exterior door and painted the hallway.

Category house painters, interior painters

10/25/2016

Gloria F.

Excellent work. Professional and Neat. The room looks great. I was so impressed that I proceeded with getting the following rooms painted: living room with ceiling repair, stairway and railing and another hallway which included plaster repair over stucco. Amazing transformation. Getting an estimate for my kitchen and a bedroom.

Description of Work
I wanted to have my dining room painted and a plastered wall repaired. Trim and chair rail was painted white, paint supplied by contractor.

Category drywall, plastering, interior painters

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you are happy with the work.