Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services

Founded 1982 • With Angi since March 2013

Master Carpenter with over 30 years of experience. Reliable. All work done by business owner unless specified otherwise by necessity. Creative design ideas.

woodworking (8)decks & porches (6)tile installation (3)general contractors (3)home remodeling (2)garage building (2)handyman (3)

04/21/2022

CLAUDETTE C.

I made an appointment with him to give me a quote on some work. He arrived @ my house on 8/3/2021 on his motorcycle. I mentioned I wanted some doors (8) replaced to match newly renovated bathroom & door - and a possible attic pulldown stair work & installed. He said he did all that work, but didn't paint. He was nice and personable enough - said he would get back to me and give me a quote. He wasted my 45 mins - as he never gave me the courtesy and decency of a quote, or called to let me know he wasn't interested in the job....just came to my house for a motorcycle ride - and never heard from him again. We don't need people like that on Angi's to waste customer's valuable time.

Description of Work
He did not give a quote or do any work

Category contractors

Work Completed On 04/21/2022

07/08/2021

Charles E.

I called on 06/04/2021 and I didn't get any respond from the company, unresponsive and not a good business practice, not calling back a customer.

Description of Work
for building an above ground pool deck

Work Completed On 07/08/2021

07/05/2020

Rich M.

Dan is the best! He kept the worksite clean daily. He has amazing craftsmanship. Would highly recommend Dan for any job and will use him in the future!

Description of Work
Deck

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

05/19/2020

Teresa T.

Dan was a very nice man to speak with

Description of Work
Spoke twice regarding the work that might be needed

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

02/09/2020

EDITH B.

No return call.

Description of Work
installing outdoor porch light, shimming two doors & correcting air leak through sliding glass door.

Work Completed On 02/09/2020

Dear Ms. [Member Name Removed]. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I have no record in my Angie's List account of your ever contacting me concerning work you needed performed. I am sorry that there may have been a mix up. Dan

10/18/2019

Bernard C.

We admired the deck that Dan built for our neighbor and contacted him for our project. He is the consummate professional, suggesting options for design and taking the time to understand our preferences. His quote was detailed and transparent. There were no surprises. Best of all - the finished project is beautiful and very well-constructed. Dan takes pride in his work and was as close to a perfectionist as outdoor construction allows. We are very happy with our deck and recommend Dan highly and without any reservations.

Description of Work
Replace and enlarge existing deck

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

Review for Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services - 6 Gloria Ln, Ellington, CT - 38180747

08/08/2019

Michelle Y.

Outstanding work! Always on time, extremely neat. Beautiful work - great attention to detail. Everything you could ask for in a contractor - and then some. Honest, fair, WONDERFUL JOB

Description of Work
Major garage repair due to rotted header and beams

Category handyman service, remodeling, garage builders, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

Thank you so much for such a wonderful and quick review. I truly enjoyed performing the work you needed done and I am pleased to have met your expectations. You were both great to work for and I am pleased to have made new friends.

03/07/2019

Susie D.

He tore down the old deck and installed a new larger deck for us. the work was amazing, affordable price, creative design and he did an excellent work and very beautiful even if he was just 1 person worker. He is friendly and knowledgeable and very professional.

Description of Work
New Deck Installation Project

Work Completed On 09/29/2017

Hi Guys! Thanks for the great review. Hope J is healed and that you are both doing well. I bet you are happy that warmer weather is coming. I know I am. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Dan

Jim M.

They were easy to work with, Hard workers, Quality of work was just excellent and Fair price. I recommended them to several people and my neighbors. He did a work to my sister as well. Hes works made my house spectacular and sold my house for 1 day. B for responsiveness because if he is working he might not able to answer the call.

Description of Work
He does rebuild the outdoor deck and re did two bathrooms and half of the 3rd bathroom. Shower installed, Counter tops, Windows and flooring.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the great review. Appreciate you taking the time to give me a review. You know me, once I commit to a job, I work till it is done. Does make it hard to respond quickly. Hope all is well with you and yours. Dan

Rob Y.

I've found Dan's work to be exceptional, he has an old school work ethic which is hard to find and showed up every single day on-time and ready to work. I never had to wonder if Dan was going to show-up, when he was on the job he was there every day and did not waste time. The outcomes speak for themselves, he's done a quality job every time I've used him and I would highly recommend his work.

Description of Work
I have used Dan for a number of Home Improvement projects over the past several years. He has installed a large 32x16 deck, remodeled two bathrooms and remodeled my kitchen.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, decks, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to give me a review. I know how crazy your work is. I look forward to our future projects we discussed. See You Soon, Dan

Don I.

I have used him multiple times.

Description of Work
He remodeled my entire bathroom and replaced all of my interior doors. He also built me a deck.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 01/16/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the great review! Looking forward to the next project you have in store for me. Hope you are enjoying the new bathroom. Dan

10/09/2017

Dan G.

Dan did a great job; highly recommended.

Description of Work
Repaired sheetrock and resided garage after a tree fell on it.

Work Completed On 08/21/2017

05/10/2015

Scott K.

Dan was a dream to work with. Both a professional and a gentleman. Not only was his price awesome, he showed up every day for the duration of the project. He came early in the day and stayed late into the afternoon to make sure the completion was 100% on time. He took extra care to make sure that the work was done with meticulous care and professionalism. He offered great suggestions to improve the overall look and function of the deck. He even went above and beyond and moved a heavy stone step for us after we made a change that was not part of the original contract. We are so thrilled with the final product and if we could have given A+ ratings instead of an A, we surely would have.

Description of Work
Removed existing deck on house and dug and poured all new footings and replaced with a brand new Trex deck along with erecting a vinyl pergola kit on the deck.

Category decks, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/06/2015

09/04/2014

John F.

Description of Work
Updated all bathrooms with tile floors, marble counters and replaced tub/shower with shower and glass doors, drain, and new fixtures. Built a knee wall on screened in porch with new screens. Beautiful jobs.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/26/2014

04/05/2014

LYRA E A.

Dan was extremely professional, his work was clean and the finished product was great. He was there when he stated he would be. H also cleaned up the area. I have already discussed with him to do additional work exterior and interior. I also referred him to my daughter.

Description of Work
Replace the exterior trim on 3 windows and he provided the materials.

Work Completed On 09/01/2013

09/09/2013

Paul M.

We recently purchased a home and wanted to finish the walkout basement. Dan did such an amazing job that we feel like our basement is now our main living space. Dan has so much experience that he was able to make recommendations on what to do that we would have never thought of. I have had a few friends over and they loved it! One of my friends is going to have Dan finish his basement. I also had Dan do some minor repairs to my second home to get it ready for sale, and i passed inspections without one thing need. My closing is tomorrow. Dan's work is done on time, and he is very good at not disturbing your home as the work is being done. Everything Dan said he would do he did, and it was done on time. I would highly recommend Dan's Quality Home Remodeling. I plan on having him build a bar, and deck for my pool when I have the finances to do so.

Description of Work
Finish my walkout basement, and minor repairs to my second home to prepair it for sale

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/24/2013

03/18/2013

Nancy Q.

Dan Riccio is the owner/carpenter of this business. He came to discuss, measure to give an estimate. In a very short time, an estimate and availability was given. Floor, counter and tile was picked out by me, and purchased and picked up by Dan. He started the job the day he said he would, and finished the same way. He discovered the window sill was crooked when he went to tile the backsplash. He took the extra time to remove, cut and replace the sill before continuing the tile work He cleaned up the area before he left every night. I was very pleased with his work, and will hire him again. As of present day, he is currently doing a complete remodel of my sisters kitchen, and will be also replacing the floor and counters in my Moms kitchen.

Description of Work
Dan put down a laminate floor. Removed old laminate counter top and put in new laminate counter. Put up a ceramic tile backsplash and grout.

Category contractors, ceramic tile

HIC.0545026
    Connecticut
    Connecticut
    03/31/2023
    We are actively performing limited services. We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services

How is Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services overall rated?

Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services open?

Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services is open:

What payment options does Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services provide

Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services offer free estimates?

Yes, Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services offers free project estimates.

Does Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services offer a senior discount?

No, Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services?

No, Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services does not offer warranties.

What services does Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services offer?

Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services offers the following services: Window and door replacement, interior doors, trim, kitchens, baths, tiling, decks & custom finish work. All work done by business owner Master carpenter.