Atlas Overhead Door Sales

Founded 1947 • With Angi since July 2010

105 WINDERMERE AVE

Ellington, CT 06029

At Atlas-Coles Overhead Door Sales, we have been taking pride in our work, products, and customer service for over 65 years. Over the years, we’ve built a loyal clientele that have helped us shape our expertise in the garage door industry. Family-owned and operated since 1947. Toll-Free (877)

10/24/2022

Felicia C.

TECH IS COMING TO LOOK AT THE GARAGE DOORS ON 10/25/2022

Description of Work
THE GARAGE DOORS WERE INSTALLED IN MAY 2022. HAD 2 ISSUES WITH THE DOORS. TECH CAME OUT & FIXED THE ISSUE. ON 10/23/2022 BOTH DOORS WOULD NOT OPEN. i CALLED TO SCHEUDULE A SERVICE CALL. WAS TOLD I HAD TO PAY$350.00 FOR AN EMERGENCY CALL ???? LISA FRECHETTE FROM ATLAS-COLE DOOR CALLED ME AND SCHEUDULE MY SERVICE CALL FOR 10/25/2022. I ASKED WHY IS THERE AN EMERGENCY CALL FEE WHEN THIS IS NOT THE CUSTOMERS FAULT. LISA'S RESPONSE WAS I DON;T KNOW WHAT YOU DON;T UNDERSTAND. SHE TRANSERED ME TO PAUL LONGO HER SUPERVISOR WHO WAS ALSO UNPROFESSIONAL. HE ACCUSED ME OF HANGING UP THE PHONE ON HIM. AT THIS POINT ONCE ATLAS-COLE DOORS HAS YOUR MONEY YOU AS A CUSTOMER MEAN NOTHING TO THEM.

Category contractors, garage doors

01/22/2019

Mia L.

The initial work was done in a day and it seemed to have gone smoothly, but then after a month the garage door seemed to not work properly. The garage door would hesitate when initially lifting up and the motor was not as quiet. I had them come out a couple of times to double check everything and they said everything was fine. After 6 months it just got worse and worse. I finally called another garage door company and they said that the motor was possibly defective. I called Altas again to have them determine if the motor was defective, but they never returned my calls or came our again. I had the second garage door company come out to look at it and they determined that the motor was not defective, but that it was installed incorrectly.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door spring and paid to upgrade motor.

06/25/2018

KAREN G.

Rep showed up on time, was very quick, helpful and informative, made a couple of adjustments and the door opens and closes smoothly.

Description of Work
They did a "health check" on my garage door

10/16/2017

Abdel A.

The first time he replaced rollers. Went fine. After 2 days, garage didn’t close , took 3 Times to close it. I called to come out and check it. He made an Apt but never showed up. Finally I got hold of the manager. He was very rude on the phone. Suppose to come out tomorrow. Let‘s see.

Description of Work
Replacing rollers

Category garage doors, remodeling

10/07/2017

Ivan S.

We purchased the garage door tune-up and roller replacement through Angie's List. It was easy to set up the appointment, there was not a long wait time for an available time slot. The technician came on time and did the work quickly and well.

Description of Work
Had rollers replaced on one of the garage doors.

10/02/2017

Dan D.

I called them last Thursday, and arranged for a service call on Monday, between 9:00 and 12:00. Took the whole day off to accommodate them, just in case. However nobody showed up, and nobody even bothered to call with an apology, or to reschedule. I called them at 12:30. Lady on the phone said they'd be here between 12:00 and 4:00, but still no explanation or even a 'Sorry for the inconvenience'. It's 4:45 now and once again they're a no-show, with no phone call. My next call will be to one of their competitors. Terrible customer service. These guys should be avoided.

Description of Work
My garage door would not close. The safety sensor is not maintaining a good connection long enough for the door to complete the close cycle.

Category garage doors, garage builders, doors

09/12/2017

Steve P.

I was told that The tech was going to arrive between 12-2pm. I called twice checking on status after nobody showed after 2pm. I kept having to hound them to get information. Finally the tech arrived at 6pm. No apology - but when I asked why so late he just made excuses but didn't seem to care he had me waiting til 6pm. I raised concerns about the delays and the owner had the same type of response giving excuses as opposed to apologizing for inconvenience. I've seen other reviews with similar feedback. My word of advice is to treat your customer with courtesy and you might get them to return for future work and/or may give positive word of mouth. Unfortunately the experience didn't leave me the desire to speak positively. The work seems to have been done satisfactorily and didn't notice any issues thus far.

Description of Work
I had a broken tension spring on one of my garage doors that required replacement.

Category garage doors

[Member Name Removed], I understand your frustration however we were down a technician on Friday and had a number of commercial service calls come in that set our installer back substantially. In this industry it is difficult to determine an exact time that our technicians will arrive due to the fact some jobs become more involved than others. This is why we offer before noon or after noon appointments with no guarantees of exact time frames. James did discount the service call to due to the fact he was running behind as a courtesy. Rather than him not show up at all or rescheduling the appointment that day I would say we delivered as promised. Like most service companies we offer before noon or after noon appointments. The fact that you kept hounding the office does not support the cause to get the service tech dispatched for the day to you any sooner. If the workmanship is not satisfactory I will be glad to come out to your home to review the work that had been conducted. Thank you for your feedback

08/28/2017

Beverly H.

The guy that showed up asked how old the door was and when I proceeded to say 7 years old... he told me the door was on borrowed time. I told him I was not having ANY issues and had owned a previous home and the door was over 22 years old!!! It made me very hesitant to have him work on the door, as I thought he would do a crappy job and then I would need to replace it!!!

Description of Work
Ordered just routine maintained in a garage door and exchange of rollers

Category garage doors, doors

08/27/2017

Robbie R.

I had to email Angie's assistant dept cause it was over 10 days and heard nothing from Atlas. However they responded right away once notified. My tech was James Harris, who was excellent. He explain things clearly as he went along, very knowledgeable, great personality, arrived on time when they said he would, cleaned up after he finish. You could tell he love what he was doing. Thanks James.

Description of Work
Garage door tune up and rollers.

08/23/2017

Gerald T.

excellent work ,great job and hard worker.

Description of Work
leaking outside faucets

08/22/2017

John F.

I gave the three suggested dates and then never heard from the company.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal from Angie's List for a garage door tune-up.

08/22/2017

bob C.

Not well-- technician showed up late and annouced right away he didn't have the right parts for our doors. He was clearly having a bad day and decided to pass that along to me-- not at all professional. First time I've ever had a problem with Angie's list vendor-- normally excellent

Description of Work
New rollers for n 3 doors

08/11/2017

Nancy M.

I am very happy and satisfied with the job!

Description of Work
I purchased the $99 tune up and roller replacement. Our door was not closing properly and I knew it would need this service at the very least--door is about 17 years old and never serviced until now. James was the technician and he was very professional and friendly. He advised that we replace the springs and pulleys because they were in very poor condition, the rollers were skipping because the ball bearings were digging in the mechanism. He priced the extra parts and labor at $180. Door works better than new now!

08/07/2017

GAIL B.

good at first. technician had a slight problem but worked until dark to finish. Technician returned on 12/23/2016 to fix a gap (small but big enough for little critters to enter). Tech push trim seal explaining the weather caused the gap. A further service call in March or April had the tech adjust the trim again to eliminate the gap. This time it was actually nailed. I mentioned that it looked alright but there was a binding noise going on when the doors closed. I was told doors make noise. Not too helpful. The gap was considerably smaller now but a gap none the less. When contacting Atlas in June I was told that two techs had already been dispatched to fix the problem and I should send pictures to show the gap, and he (Paul Longo) would judge the necessity of sending yet another tech out. I did not hear anything back from him. The doors continue to make odd noises when closing, the gap is still there. This company is not out to win customer appreciation awards. At least not from me.

Description of Work
two garage door removal and install new(November 3, 2016) By Nov,25 I had to call to see when install would take place. I had hit one door with my car leaving the garage exposed to snow and critters and security breaches . Install was 11/30/2-16

07/17/2017

a S.

tech got tied up and was almost unavailable on day promised; however, he did come on the date and install was successfully (and quickly) completed.

Description of Work
new garage door opener

07/03/2017

William M.

Job was done well and door operates much smoother.

Description of Work
Garage door rollers replaced and overall tune up.

06/26/2017

Nancy D.

This company is a rip off....they do not stand by their products nor does their vendor, Garaga, stand by its products. They replaced the two windows after months of me requesting the price and said they would reduce the labor charge. Then they added a $75.00 installation fee. It cost $259.16 to replace these two small windows that just shattered overnight on their own! This is bad business. Get your doors at Lowes!

Description of Work
Two of the small INSIDE windows of my garage doors shattered at separate times this winter. They are 3 years old!

Category garage doors

Again to reiterate what had been conveyed from the start (by phone and email) you were charged $75.00 for the installation which is half the labor for both windows. Our standard service rate is $146.00. (This was also indicated on your service tickets and all corresponding emails. The removal and disposal charges were also waived. The cost of the glass was slightly higher than our cost. We stand behind all of our products and services unfortunately time and material are not free. You contacted us a year ago and then upon your recent purchase. if you review both proposals you will clearly see the significant price reduction made in your favor. Before placing your order along with providing your signature and deposit this should come as no surprise to you as it was in bold print and fully disclosed! I am sorry that you are not satisfied.

06/19/2017

Phillip V.

He was quick and did a great job. The door is like new now.

Description of Work
The technician replaced the rollers and installed safety cables.

06/14/2017

Sherry P.

They were prompt and receptive to additional requests.

Description of Work
Side cable was replaced, bottom weather stripping replaced, new garage door opener to use for 2 of the garages. Lubricate all 3 garage doors.

06/05/2017

jessica C.

Very well, both men were very professional and helpful. Price was good.

Description of Work
New motor for our garage opener and new rollers.

06/05/2017

Kitty U.

Very happy with results. Company was very prompt with scheduling an appointment. The technician was also prompt, very knowledgeable and professional. He took the time to explain things. In addition, he also completed some additional services for new remotes and programmed them for me. Would use this company again.

Description of Work
Maintenance of garage doors to check rollers and openers.

05/30/2017

Jaye C.

I initially called and spoke to Heidi who was not only knowledgeable about the mechanisms (she understood what I was talking about even though I didn't!) but able to give me an immediate quote for the work I needed done. After getting a few other quotes I called her back to verify the numbers as the prices for the springs were significantly less than the 3 other companies (by hundreds) I had called. Not only did she assure me, she also spent the next 10 minutes or so calculating which of the deals the company was currently running would get me the most work done with the smallest price tag which I thought was just incredible but honestly seemed like it was something she does on a regular basis to help people. She got me an appointment right away. Kurt called to let me know when he was 30 minutes out and arrived at the house right on time. He was wonderfully courteous and very kind to my son. He went over everything that Heidi and I had discussed which was awesome because I've had technicians show up for appointments on other jobs who are completely unprepared because they don't know what specific services they are providing, but Kurt was not only punctual and prepared, he was done with the entire project starting from the moment he walked through the door in just under an hour, which included him giving me a walkthrough of the work completed. On a side note, he was also incredibly gracious when I apologized for the state of our garage (not very organized these days...) The quote was right on target (I ended up paying $4 less) and I couldn't be happier with the whole experience. I highly recommend this company both for quality and efficiency of work but also for really remarkable customer service. Thankyou!

Description of Work
Bilateral torsion spring and roller replacement, tune-up and lubrication, safety inspection

05/17/2017

FRAN M.

Great! No more awful groaning noise when opening and closing.

Description of Work
Roller replacement and overall tune-up of garage door.

04/27/2017

Yogesh K.

I purchased this coupon only after confirming with their office that the universal keypad will work with model I had. The person had no idea what work he was supposed to be doing. We had to show him that tune up was included. Plus he stated the keypad will create problems in future as it is not compatible. He did not have a remote as stated in the coupon and no one has called since on this. They were flexible though as we had to reschedule on the day on the appt.

Description of Work
Keypad installation and tuneup

03/29/2017

Ivan S.

The work itself went very well. The only complaint that we had was that our service call was being postponed time and time again. The service man finally came about six weeks after our originally requested date for service.

Description of Work
We hired Atlas for the $99 roller & tune-up on a garage door. Besides that, since that door was not opening properly, the service man also replaced the pulleys and springs on the door. Additional work was $255, so the total cost was $354.

A Garage Door Guy, LLC

Garage door/ motor sales and service. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

American Overhead Door

Residential and commercial garage door and opener sales and service. We can service and repair all major brands of doors and openers throughout the entire state of CT. We pride ourselves on having the BEST service anywhere and have a huge showroom in Middletown with several doors on display as well as openers and small color and material samples. We have been in business in Connecticut for over 30 years and are experts in garage door and opener replacement and repair. If your garage door is broken, off the tracks, has broken springs or is just not working properly, do not attempt to repair the door yourself. There are components on the door that can cause serious injury if not handled properly. Call the professionals at American Overhead Doors. American Overhead Doors offers a wide selection of Clopay door styles and construction options to meet your home style and budget. From custom carriage house doors to insulated raised panel doors, we have it all. Financing available. Cost is determined by job.

Offers by American Overhead Door on Angi
    Dan's Quality Home Remodeling & Carpentry Services

Master Carpenter with over 30 years of experience. Reliable. All work done by business owner unless specified otherwise by necessity. Creative design ideas.

Sales & Service, Garage Door Installation, Commercial & Residential, Electric Operators, Keypads, Remote Control