Robinson's Painting Co & Home Improvements LLC

Founded 1999 • With Angi since February 2006

PO Box 600

Easton, CT 06612

At Robinson’s Painting and Home Improvement, we’re passionate about what we do, and we’ve turned that passion into a career. We offer free estimates and are willing to take on any project, no matter the size or difficulty. We are highly qualified in interior and exterior painting, kitchen and bathroom remodeling, and carpentry and flooring projects! You can find out more about us by checking out website: www.robinsonspaintingco.com...

03/24/2021

Tony S.

Great painters and excellent work. We had our entire inside of house painted after 7 years. Older house with cracks and nail holes. The team was extremely thorough and repaired all of the issues before painting. The entire job was completed professionally and in a timely manner. I was so impressed that I immediately recommended them to family and friends. House looks new. I will definitely hire again for future projects.

Description of Work
Paint interior house

Category chimney caps

06/29/2020

leslie L.

Robinson's crew was great. They were clean, respectful and responsive. Everything they did was perfect and on time. I am planning to have them do more work for me in the near future. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Painting, wallpapering and installation of ceiling fan

Category wallpaper, ceiling fans, interior painters

Thank you very much for your review and we appreciate it so much when customers are happy with the way their project turned out and are happy to post a review for us. Robinson Araujo Robinson's Painting & Home Improvements, LLC

06/27/2020

Mary Jo S.

Robinson’s Painting (RP) painted the interior and exterior of my house. The estimate was prompt, competitive, and reasonable. The crew was thorough, professional, and knowledgeable. Their care, skill, and attention to detail were incredible. I will never DIY paint again after I saw how real professionals paint. Their detailed process and meticulous execution were obvious in the finished project. The company name is misleading, RP does more than paint. His crew replaced windows, installed crown moulding and doors, and laid tile in my house. RP is my first call for any project. Robinson takes them on, but will also decline if the project isn’t within their area of expertise, which I appreciate. I’m a satisfied, and repeat, client.

Description of Work
Painting and home improvement projects

Category ceramic tile, replacement windows, garage builders, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

Thank you very much for your review Mrs.[Member Name Removed], It makes us very proud to be appreciated and to have another happy customer. Like you said, we do a lot more than just painting. We do all aspects of home improvements and will be glad to help you on your next project. Robinson Araujo Robinson'[Member Information Removed] painting & Home Improvements, LLC

06/16/2020

nancy H.

I was getting ready to sell my house and needed my wood floors refinished.. The wood floors in my house were done in record time and came beautifully. I also had my deck painted. I needed the work done fast and Robinson met the deadline. The price was very reasonable. I will definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
FINISHING WOD FLOORS, PAINTING DECK

Category garage builders, cabinet refacing

Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleasure been able to complete this painting, flooring installation and refinishing project for you, in time for your house to go in the market. Whenever you need any others projects done in this house or the next, please let us know. Thank you again, Regards, Robinson Araujo Robinson's Painting & home Improvements, LLC

05/30/2020

Carlos S.

Robinson did an outstanding job in repairing and painting the decks in my house. I was out of state at the time and he sent me regular updates of the progress. It ended up being a more significant amount of repair work than we originally anticipated, but Robinson was able to take care of all the issues and my decks are as good as new.

Description of Work
Repair and paint deck

Category woodworking, house painters

Thank you for your great review. We strive to do our best to have more satisfied customers and possibly collect positive reviews like yours. Thank you again and we hope you can continue to use our services for any future projects you may have. Robinson's Painting & Home Improvements, LLC

11/11/2019

Margaret E. C.

The work was performed quickly and efficiently. Everything looked amazing once Robinson's team was finished. If in need of paining services again, I would definitely hire Robinson's Painting.

Description of Work
Painting of my entire condo

Category interior painters

Thank you for your review. We take pride on the work we do, in order to have more satisfied customers like you. Thank you again. If you need anything else related to home improvements or painting, please let us know. Robinson Robinson's Painting & Home Improvements

10/29/2019

Heide M.

Perfect. Great job. Very Professional. They took pride in the work they did. Absolutely would have them work on other projects.

Description of Work
Repaired Ceiling / Painted Attic Office / Repaired Azek Trim exterior of house.

Category drywall, siding, interior painters

02/11/2019

Veronica R.

Very detailed oriented, very specific, a lot of attention to detail. They take a lot of pride in their work. Very good.

Description of Work
They did painting and a full kitchen renovation. They changed the layout of the room, re-positioned new windows, flooring, electrical, flooring.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, replacement windows, home remodeling

Thank you very much for your review. We tried our best to have your kitchen renovation project looking the way you envisioned it. I also would like to thank you for being such a nice, pleasant customer to work for, which makes the whole project to run smoothly. Thanks again, and if we can help with any other projects, please let us know. Robinson Araujo Robinson's Painting & Home Improvements, LLC 203-372-1123

07/12/2018

Barbara K.

Excellent. I did entire project over phone. Rob answered or called me back promptly. Price very reasonable (I got competitive prices for twice Rob’s cost). Painting was great and hardwoods look beautiful. Most important to me was timing .... all completed in 2 weeks as promised !

Description of Work
Remove carpet and tile. Install hardwoods. Paint condo. Install ceiling fan.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, ceiling fans, interior painters

Thank you very much for your review. Like you said, we did the entire project over the phone and everything was ready for you before you and the movers arrived. It was a pleasure been able to complete this painting, flooring installation and refinishing and installation of ceiling fans project for you. Whenever you need any others projects done, please let us know. Thank you again, Regards, Robinson Araujo Robinson's Painting & home Improvements, LLC

03/23/2018

Stephen R.

Robinson Painting and Home Improvement has been doing painting and home improvement projects for us for over 10 years. The projects have included painting the outside of the house at least twice, painting most of the rooms inside, renovating a bathroom, renovating the kitchen, installing safety bars when I was coming home from a rehab hospital, reconfiguring the family room including custom carpentry, building a shed for the generator and I’m sure others. They have always delivered what was promised, no surprises. They are meticulous about the quality of work performed.

Description of Work
multiple projetcs

Category contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, fencing, flooring contractor, furniture repair, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, hardwood floor, siding, wallpaper removal, wallpaper, replacement windows, pressure washing, fireplaces, woodworking, marble & granite, house painters, interior painters, sunrooms, basement remodeling

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this accurate and beautiful review, not just on Angie's list but also at other sites too. I am sure it will help us grow our customer base and help us find more appreciative customers like yourself. Robinson Araujo Robinson's Painting & Home Improvements

02/21/2018

Brian G.

The work was done promptly and was of excellent quality. New tiling and bath fixtures were put in as well as painting done. The work was done while the unit was vacant. It enabled me to get a higher rent because of it's attactive appearance.

Description of Work
A bathroom in a condominium unit that we rent out required repairs and updating.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you for your great review. We strive to do our best to have more satisfied customers and possibly collect positive reviews like yours. Thank you again and we hope you can continue to use our services for any future projects you may have. Robinson Araujo Robinson's Painting & Home Improvements, LLC

02/16/2018

Charles D.

I do not have the time or desire to explain fully why we were not happy with Robinson. At first, Miguel and Miguel did a good job of painting the outdoor fence and basement stairs. Very basic stuff.. The trouble started with the front stairs and deck. They did not have the right sander to do the job. Not good. So we unfortunately agreed to use at an additional cost some guys he knew to come in with a belt sander. Then he could not match our color specification for the stairs. The first color stain he put on did not look good at all. Then Miguel and Miguel were inexplicably pulled off of the job before it was finished leaving us without any word. Despite what others have said, Robinson is not good at communicating or at giving timely price quotes or at finishing jobs. He was also constantly on his phone when he was around making it further difficult to communicate. Unbelievable!. The minute we started to have problems with the staining, he pulled his guys to send to another job before ours was done! He then disappeared for two weeks without explanation only to show up rudely and unannounced on a Saturday morning to give the bill. Overall he was very unprofessional. I cannot recommend Robinson painting.

Description of Work
Robinson's guys Miguel and Miguel painted an outdoor fence, outdoor basement bilco stairs, garage doors and then sanding and re-staining of front and side entrance stairs and decks.

Category contractors, deck cleaning, house painters

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed], Sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. First of all, I gave you an estimate to sand the front steps and lightly sand the floor under your front porch. After the sanding was done and power-washed and dried, we stained the steps and floor with the stain provided by you, which did not produce the color that you wanted. After that I had the front steps sanded again to bare wood to test other colors. Then I spent hours, driving to 4 different paint stores in the nearby towns to find the right stain that would give you the desired look and color. I found and bought 2 quarts and 3 gallons of different brands and different finishes, which I tested them all personally in front of you and your Mom. Your mother picked the color that we all agreed was the best match for what she wanted to achieve. But then, the front steps and the front porch floor needed to be sanded to the bare wood, for which you agreed that a floor sanding contractor with a big drum professional floor machine was needed, since the wood you have is Ipe (iron wood) that is very hard. You knew and agreed it will cost more. And you saw the contractor sanding the floor within 01 hour that we made a determination of the need to use a floor contractor. Now you are saying that a had "some guy that I knew with a belt sander" This is NOT TRUE. It was a $ 9,000.00 professional floor sanding drum machine, and a professional floor sanding contractor. After the floor was sanded, we proceeded with the staining of the floor using the color that you and your mother chose. The floor looked beautiful. But then you guys started to say it was too red. Again you guys agreed with the color. Secondly, I was very responsive to every call or email you sent, I left you many messages trying finish and get and you barely called back. Thirdly, I did not pulled guys from the job inexplicably, like you said. I only moved them to another job, because you job WAS done and re-done and again, it looked beautiful ( I have all the before, during and after pictures). I tried to talk to you and your mother a couple of times about what we could do the even out the color (because naturally, some boards have darker and lighter grains which that take colors differently, IT'S NATURE). Finally, she agreed to have some boards re-stained to even out, which we did and it looked beautiful. At the end you were very rude, refused to pay for the floor guy to send the floor, did not pay for re-stain the floors and did not pay for the garage doors repainting, that you requested and agreed with the price. I spent extra time on your job, extra materials and stains. SO I LOST TIME, EFFORT AND MONEY TRYING TO PLEASE unpleasable customer. I have 105 grade A reviews from very honest and pleased customers. But every contractor or service provider and even Angie's List knows, that every year 01 or 02 customers, no matter what we do, they will never be satisfied. I wish you and your next contractor good luck!!

01/18/2018

Mary H.

I called to get my gutters cleaned at 11:00am and obviously woke someone up. They weren't sure if they were a business or not. I did not get my gutters cleaned.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning

10/14/2017

Rebecca L.

Unprofessional, lack of communication, job incomplete, then tried to over charge me.

Description of Work
Door, small deck, & interior painting.

Category decks, interior painters, doors

First of all, none of what you said is true. 1ST : You were supposed to give 35% at the beginning of the job for us to buy materials. You did not gave any money, so I purchased all the materials with my money. 2ND : You should have purchased the door from Home Depot or other lumber yard, paid for it, and had it delivered to your house. I had to go find a door, purchased it, again with my money, rent a truck bigger enough to fit the sliding door and carry and bring to your house (THESE ARE THE HOME OWNER OBLIGATIONS TO DO, NOT THE CONTRACTOR. 3RD : You only gave me half of the money when the job was 90% complete. 4TH : I was supposed to paint only the wall where we removed the windows and installed the door. You asked to prepare and paint the rest of the walls in the dining, which I gave you a price an you agreed on it, NOW YOU DID NOT WANT TO PAY FOR IT SAYING THIS WAS INCLUDED, AND IT WAS NOT, AS YOU KNOW. 5TH : Besides of not received any money until 90% of the job was done, I sent you the final invoice 3 weeks after the job was all done, instead of you thank me for waiting and giving you more time to pay, you got upset because I "waited too long to send you the invoice". 6TH : You reimbursed me for the door, but did not wanted to pay for the lock and for the screen, which were a separate item and the door did not come with the screen. To summarize, you got a job well done, cheap, did not had to loose time to purchase or pay upfront for anything, did not paid for delivery, Had time to pay for the work, did not pay what you were supposed to, and you still not satisfied and had the heart to come here and place this terrible review, where 100's of other customer had posted A's reviews for me. I whish there was a site to review bad customers also... Robinson .

10/13/2017

Heide M.

Extremely well. Quicker than expected.

Description of Work
We had a pipe burst in the ceiling of our rented townhouse. Robinson was able to get a crew there the day after the pipe had been fixed, to repair the ceiling, walls and repaint both, to the point you would never have known a leak occurred. Fantastic!!

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, water damage restoration, house painters

10/11/2017

Dan G.

Went with Robinson’s Painting after my prior contractor raised a quote because it took me too long to get back to them. Found Robinson’s Painting on Angie’s List and Yelp, called, obtained a quick, favorable quote. They did the work quickly and professionally; so much so that I hired them to do work on a different premises, where they were again quick, well priced, well scheduled and professional. From now on, they are my painting/staining/power washing contractor.

Description of Work
Painting/pressure washing and staining

Category gutter cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Thank you very much for your nice reviews not just on Angie's List but also in another sites. I am confident we tried to do our best. If you need us in the future for any projects, please let us know. Thanks again, Robinson Araujo Robinson's Painting & Home Improvements, LLC

08/28/2017

Brian G.

Very good. We were on a tight time frame to complete the job and it got done! Very professional. good handiwork.

Description of Work
New tiling and fixtures in an existing bagthroom

Category drywall, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

08/15/2017

Wendy W G.

Robinson Araujo, the owner, showed up promptly and walked around the house with us discussing the work to be done and what our options were. He followed up within a few days with a detailed, written estimate. He was very responsive to follow-up questions, and sent a final estimate once we had decided on the exact work to be accomplished. Work began within a few weeks and took about 2 weeks. Roger (crew chief) was really great to work with, and he went out of his way to make sure things were done correctly (such as correcting a paint store mixing error and making sure that the window trim paint matched the house stain) and even helped us choose the deck stain. They cleaned and organized the work site daily, and they were extremely polite and respectful of our schedules, property and time. This company was not the least expensive option, but they gave us the confidence that the job would be done well. We are pleased with the result.

Description of Work
The job included preparing and painting the entire house and both decks. Everything was power washed, all peeling paint and stain was sanded, all woodpecker holes were patched with wood filler, and several rotted pieces of cedar siding were replaced. After that, all bare wood was primed, and then two full coats of solid color stain were applied to the body of house and the doors. Then wood trim was painted starting with primer followed by two coats of paint. In addition, they prepared and painted the back metal cellar doors.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Thank you for your accurate and detailed review. We strive to perform the best possible work for our customers. I am confident that a nice review like yours, will help us getting hired by customers who also appreciate our effort. We hope you can continue using our services for any future projects you may have. Thanks again, Robinson Araujo Robinson's Painting & Home Improvements, LLC

08/01/2017

Pamela S.

Very well, have hired them now for 3 jobs

Description of Work
Exterior and interior painting

Category house painters, interior painters

Thank you for you review. I am sure a positive reviews like your will help another customers in choosing the right service provider. It is been a pleasure working with on your past 3 jobs. Although you gave B on responsiveness and punctuality, we have responded to your color changes and changes on the schedule, very promptly. Thank you very much for the A rating on price, quality and professionalism. Robinson's Painting & Home Improvements, LLC 203-372-1123

07/20/2017

Af A.

A problem which was identified remained unattended for two weeks after which I had to fix it through another plumber at my own expense. Did not receive acknowledgement that it would be corrected.

Description of Work
Replace/ remodeled portions of bathroom.

Category plumbing, remodeling, house painters

07/03/2017

Keri S.

Robinson's team was knowledgeable, prompt, communicative, thorough, and extremely efficient. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Sanded and Painted our back patio and lattice.

Category house painters

Thank you for your review. We take pride on the work we do, in order to have more satisfied customers like you. Thank you again. If you need anything else related to home improvements or painting, please let us know. Robinson Robinson's Painting & Home Improvments

07/03/2017

Hege D.

It went excellent as always! His work has always been completed on time and within the original estimate.

Description of Work
We have been using Robinson for painting and home improvements for the past 10 years. The latest project entailed complete window and door replacements of more than 80 windows. His work is always top-notch and his employees are very professional, courteous and always leaves the work area spotless. His work has always been completed on time and within the original estimate. He is the first contractor we go to for any project and we strongly recommend his services.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Thank you very much for your review Mrs. [Member Name Removed]. We try hard to please and keep custumers happy with our services. I am glad to be able to have you as a customer for more than 10 years now doing all the projects you needed help with. I hope we can continue to be your first choice of service provider whenever you have another project. Please thank Mr. [Member Name Removed] also. Have a happy 4th of July. Best Robinson Araujo Robinson's Painting & Home Improvements.

06/23/2017

Susan G.

Excellent work. Prices are reasonable, workers are competent and work quickly and quietly - you barely know they are there! We needed a quick spruce up because we were selling our house and we got the work done in less than a week!

Description of Work
2 jobs: Outside painting Inside painting

Category house painters, interior painters

06/16/2017

Eric W.

Excellent work and very professional. Their suggestions were very welcome.

Description of Work
They painted the house and trim and cleaned and refinished the deck.

Category decks, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Thank you for your review. It Means a lot to us to be able to collect another A review. I really appreciate it and it is because of customers like you that we take pride on our work. Thank you again, and if we can help you with anything else regarding painting or home improvements, please let us know. Robinson Araujo Robinson's Painting & Home Improvement, LLC

04/23/2017

Matthew C.

Emailed to come to give an estimate on painting the entire exterior of house and never responded.

Category house painters