Built Right Home Solutions LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since May 2012

4.1

615 W Johnson Ave Ste. 202

Cheshire, CT 06410

12 Months Same as Cash and 10% OFF for ALL Angie's List Members!! Roof Repairs and Re-Roof Specialists along with Windows, Siding, Gutters, and Gutter Covers. Built Right Home Solutions also offers free storm damage assessments that will clearly explain your options on how to restore the damages & where to find financial assistance to pay for the restoration. No job is too small or too big for our knowledgeable crews....

10/08/2021

carolyn S.

$11K for a completely new roof and it still leaked. The contract had an extensive warranty, so I called to get this addressed. Nothing was done. I kept calling, but after 18 months they refused to return my calls. I filed a complaint with the RI board of contractors' licensing and registration. Ryan Anderson would not acknowledge that the contract had a warranty, and he refused to correct his shoddy work unless I paid him more money. I will have to take him to court if I want any relief.

Description of Work
Put an entire new roof on to fix leaking.

Category gutter repair, roofing

04/26/2019

Francine P.

The sales person was very nice, but the owner (Ryan) was horrific, he had no knowledge that I was paying out of pocket for the roof on the garage to be done. The workers broke shingles off of the back of the house and they never replaced the rotted wood underneath the shingles. I called and they sent out the sales person who took pictures of everything and I have never heard from them again. This leaves me to wonder if they did that to the garage roof I can just imagine what they did the the roof on the house. Buyers be ware of this company. Anyone can contact me through Angie's List for more details. Sales person is a smooth talker. They do not stand behind their work. Will be adding photos Francine Poulin Springfield, MA

Description of Work
Replaced Roof on house and garage.

04/06/2018

Bernie L.

They did a good job, but the roof on the porch on two sides under the shingles there is wood sticking out. I called them and they sent a guy out who simply told us it wasn't important. He took a picture and said that he would have to talk to his boss. I never got a call back so I called again today and got no response, when I called from a different number I got a hold of the owner. They basically said that they aren't going to do anything about.

Description of Work
They did the roof and siding on my home.

Category roofing, siding

The client had very little knowledge of construction there was simply know way to cover pre existing thin decking showing nails without compromising his new roof The job was looked over and answered the same by management team an on site Forman

11/27/2017

Christopher C.

Just an overview of the roof situation as purchased through Angie's list. Met expectations would consider for future jobs if needed.

11/27/2017

Gordon Z.

I hired Bob Paolino, a contractor to do the work. The problem arose on Thursday before the 3-day Columbus Day weekend. Bob warned me that my chances of getting a timely fix was almost zero, BUT if it could be done, he was the one that could do it. He advised me that permits had to be acquired, digsafe had to OK the trench site, water tests were necessary and the municipal inspector had to bless the repair before my water could be turned on. The bottom line is that Bob came through like a champ. The project took 10 days. During that time Bob was almost constantly on site. He cut through red tape, was polite, punctual, kept me advised as to what was happening and kept his word.

Description of Work
My home had a leak in the water service line ( the pipe bringing city water from the city main outside my home into my home. The pipe is 6 feet under the ground and ran for about 40 feet from the street through my foundation, up through the concrete floor to the meter. The leak was up next to my foundation and water was coming into my basement. A trench had to be dug down about 7 feet and the water line replaced.

Category drain cleaning

11/13/2017

Jim R.

A service I’ve needed for several years. A temporary patch was installed and chimney mortal repair was done by another firm from the inspection. We are negotiating further work.

Description of Work
Roof evaluation.

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for this great review. We truly appreciate the opportunity to do the repairs on your home, and strive for 5 "A's"- so hopefully on any future needs we can achieve our goal while giving you complete satisfaction. Thank you again! Have a great day! Sharon & the whole team at Built Right Home Solutions.

10/17/2017

Charles L.

I ordered the service last September (the order was confirmed 9/15/2017), but never heard from them after that. I tried to call them multiple times and left messages, also wrote emails to the email address listed (ryan@gobuiltright.com) but never had any response. Now 11 month has pass and I believe the order should be valid for one year.

Description of Work
Paid for service, but they never show up, nor response.

10/10/2017

Pat S.

Quick and easy! With a great professional who came to my rescue!

Description of Work
Not too thrilled that prices are at a fixed rate regardless of time spent on the job- especially if it's an easy one. But I understand if it's more complicated you get a bargain! I would definitely hire them again!

Category roofing, drain cleaning

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the great review, we truly appreciate your feedback. Please keep us in mind for any future needs. Sincerely, Sharon Ryan Administrative Assistant Built Right Home Solutions 888-649-7770 203-980-0372

09/25/2017

ROSALINA M.

I called this company to find out when they'd be able to do the work. I was told they would be there on a Wednesday, but nobody showed up. I called again to find out what happened. I was told they had to take care of an emergency but would be there Friday. Again, nobody showed up. I left a voicemail message to call me the following Monday, but again, no response. I finally called Angie's List to cancel the job.

Description of Work
I wanted the roof checked and maintenance done if needed.

09/21/2017

Kinyarda D.

Built Right did a fantastic job on the garage and roof that insurance company approved

Description of Work
Garage and roof on house plus siding

Category roofing, siding, water damage restoration

07/24/2017

Max E.

Nothing happened other than initial visit in April.

Description of Work
Replace a few asphalt shingles that had blown off. Contractor wanted to replace roof and agreed to contact homeowner's insurance for authorization.

02/22/2017

Eugene C.

nothing to complain about, nothing but praise

Description of Work
new roof shingles

02/09/2017

kevin D.

Spectacular. Small issue with the dumpster being late, and then not being taken away for nearly two weeks after the job was done, but honestly, the roof is great.

Description of Work
Total roof replacement

02/02/2017

Patricia P.

Our rep. Joe, was very informative showing me the damage and accessing what needed to be done. Joe answered my questions, and explained what needed to be done to replace a roof with a steep pitch. He also was very patient, and would call me back straightaway if I put a call into him. In the end the work was done in 3 days, (the gutters were replaced on a different day) and the new roof looks awesome!

Description of Work
We have an English tudor style home that was in sore repair of a new roof thru wind damage.

Category gutter repair, roofing

01/06/2017

Erin M.

It went very well. They worked with my insurance company on the homeowner's claim and took care of everything. They put the roof on in 2 days and it looks very nice.

Description of Work
A roof on my house

01/05/2017

Chantal C.

Quite well. They kept us up to date on all work being done. And when done, cleaned up very well.

Description of Work
We had a roof put on.

01/03/2017

Catherine O.

They handled everything and it went flawlessly. They coordinated all of the meetings and assessments and permits needed, scheduled the work, and it was all done exactly as promised and in record time. We were extremely pleased with the entire process.

Description of Work
We had damage to our shingles following a severe wind storm that caused a leak in the roof. They identified the exact problem and then worked with us and directly with our insurance company to completely replace our roof .

12/12/2016

Frank M.

NO GO I called this company three times and left message but had no response.

Description of Work
I have called Built Right Home Solutions three times... left messages and have not heard back.

I do apologize sir that we haven't returned your call. I do promise we will tackle your issue. With the holiday season. bad weather which spikes the number of claims we process, and the pure volume of business Built Right does we have been extremely bus. Once again we are sorry. If you remove or render positively this review we promise to award 10% off your next purchase. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

10/24/2016

Gary D.

I was told by Mark someone would contact me the next day and nobody has. My insurance company is supposed to come back out for a re inspection. He made me sign a contact right away but now I cannot get out of the contract because he has not sent me the correct paperwork. I am very angry because now I am unable to do business with other roofing companies. I have sent certified mail to the company to remove myself the contract.

Description of Work
roofing

Sir, We cancelled your contract immediately once you said you wanted us to. You have three days under federal law to cancel any contract without penalty. We didn't charge you any money and per your request we didn't file your claim. We apologize that the PA we refer out to (Marc) did not call you the following day. This time of year the PA's are very busy and he would have given you a call had you not immediately cancelled the contract. In no way did Built Right harm you, your home, or your standing with your insurance company. I would appreciate it if you or Angie's list removed this review as it is in no way a fair representation of our company. I hope you have a wonderful day and please call us at 888-649-7770 if you have any questions. Thanks!

10/13/2016

dante V.

We had a tornado hit our neighborhood in CT in August of this year. There were a lot of damage caused by falling trees and high winds. Our deck was damaged, roof shingles were blown off along with some of the vinyl siding. My private adjuster recommended Built Right Home Solutions and it was a great decision to go with them. Built Right handled all of the insurance claims and I was able to get my entire roof and siding replaced. They also repaired our deck in a timely manner in order for us to enjoy the rest of the nice weather. Ryan Anderson is pleasure to work with and has a great sense of humor. Despite of the increased stress level the tornado had caused my family, Built Right was able to make our house a home again. Please note, I rated the Price as N/A because I only paid the deductible on my insurance. I really have no idea if the price is competitive or not...I'm assuming it is because my insurance authorized the repairs. Our house looks amazing with the new roof and siding...Thanks Built Right!!!

Description of Work
Roof, Siding, Gutters, Deck Repair

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

10/12/2016

William L.

The job was done promptly and on time. Cleanup was thorough (two or three small bits of shingle were missed but that was all). My downgrades are because some bits of interior ceiling plaster were knocked loose in the process (cathedral ceiling attached to the roof beams) and the contractor agreed verbally to take care of it but never did.

Description of Work
Replaced roof (largely covered by insurance) and gutters, along with gutter guards.

10/08/2016

Katie H.

This was a big job and the entire process was completely professional -- from the first look at what was available to meet my homeowner needs, to the final punch list of miscellaneous odds and ends that needed to be done to finish the job. Joe (the salesman) brought samples, had suggestions on how to finance the project, listened carefully to what I had to say and offered different options all along the way. The work crew was timely and paid close attention to detail. They always listened to what I had to say and did their best to accommodate my requests. I always felt like I was heard, both by Ryan (the foreman) and by the work crew. There was no loud music playing while they worked, no trash lying around when they were done for the day, no inappropriate language while on the job, and --something important to me -- if anyone on the work crew was a smoker, I never knew it. As I got to know the crew and company owners better, I felt comfortable enough to leave a key to the house for the crew to be able to work when I was not home. I never felt like I had to worry about anything in or out of the house while I was at work. I was always notified promptly of any barriers to completing the job and kept abreast of all new developments in the job. I have been extremely pleased with the results. Two weeks ago, some cable wires attached to my house came down due to failed clips. Even though it has been six months since Built Right was last here, the company responded to my phone call, came out to look at the problem, and was prepared to cover any costs to me to repair it. I feel like I have a new, updated house made with excellent quality products and workmanship. I'm looking forward to lower energy costs this winter as well. If any home improvement project comes up in the future, I will not hesitate to call Built Right for the job. I thoroughly enjoyed working with this company and would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Replaced shingle and brick with beautiful siding that looks like shingles. Repaired damaged wood frames, replaced 5 windows. Replaced front door. Put in gutter protectors.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

01/30/2016

Sandra L.

We really liked Ryan. The roof work was of excellent quality. The guys were professional, friendly, and worked at a great pace. We didn't get multiple estimates, which we should have done. However, we now have a roof guaranteed for 20 years. ***** The insurance work was also of excellent quality, but we were frustrated by the uncertainty of scheduling. It was difficult to adjust to the "contractor scheduling" approach. The work took longer than it should have. Overall, however, we were happy with the results.

Description of Work
We hired BuiltRight to replace our roof, a project we were not expecting. ***** They also did some insurance work for us.

11/23/2015

EDWARD E.

This was a $49 big deal. They never showed up in a truck, I did not know how they planned on getting up on the roof. They gave me an outrageous estimate to replace the roof so no work was done. He said I needed over $2,000 worth of work. They did check it out and look but no actual work was done. I can pretty much get estimates at no cost so... They were nice enough, but I did not have any actual work done.

Description of Work
They did a roof maintenance package. They pretty much gave me an estimate and that was it.

11/13/2015

Lisa P.

From the beginning Built Right was amazing. They facilitated everything from start to finish and I didn't have to lift a finger! Ryan was especially helpful and was available all times of day anytime I had a question. I was under a time crunch because I was selling my house and they expidited the process and it was seemless!

Description of Work
Took off old shingles, repaired plywood on roof and installed a brand new roof.