We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Flying Colors Roofing and Painters

Founded 2002 • With Angi since July 2012

13 Belden Hill Rd

Brookfield, CT 06804

We are a Master Elite Certified, family owned and operated business based out of Fairfield County with separate divisions: roofing, roofing repair, siding, painting & carpentry. With over 15 years of experience, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of roofing/siding and, interior and

05/18/2021

scott R.

beautiful job-kind & friendly workers; clean & hardworking

Description of Work
exterior painting

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters

Thabks for the review

05/04/2021

Emmary C.

From start to finish the entire Flying Colors crew was extremely professional, punctual and courteous. They obviously take great pride in the quality of their work and their customer service and I would highly recommend them for anyone needing roof work done.

Description of Work
Replacement of our roof

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Thanks for review.

04/23/2021

Lorraine B.

Flying Colors did another fantastic job. We are very happy with our new roof.

Description of Work
A new roof

Category contractors, roofing

Always a pleasure. Go Giants!

04/22/2021

Barry D.

Superb job! And I say this as a perfectionist who expects flawless work. We've been here for 44 years and this is far and away the best paint job we've ever had on the exterior of our house. Steve is is the best there is! Honest, trustworthy and professional. His crew is fantastic. Wilmer, the foreman, takes great pride in his work. From pressure washing, to prep, to painting, they did a great job. The prepping work was done with great care. Wonderful guys. They were here for six days and we were actually sorry to see them leave. They felt like family. Steve roofed our house 5 years ago and the roofing job, like the paint job, is the best we've ever experienced. Steve has also done a lot of carpentry work for us, including a new porch, and, once again, the absolute best work we've ever seen. The pricing is very, very fair. Save yourself and lot of time and energy and go with these guys. They are absolutely the best in the business. Many thanks, again, Steve!!!

Description of Work
Paint exterior of house

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters

Always a pleasure

04/18/2021

Linda G.

Flying Colors replaced our old roof and gutters. We had them install gutters with guards and paint our exterior trim. Steven and his workers are professional and courteous. They complete the job quickly and cleanly. They are flexible with scheduling as well as with working around other contractors. Steven, the owner, is easy to communicate with via email and text. We are very pleased with their work and appreciate their reasonable pricing. We highly recommend all of their services.

Description of Work
Roof, gutters, and exterior painting

Category gutter repair, roofing, house painters

It was a pleasure. Thanks for review

04/15/2021

David N.

We were concerned about the approach the prior owners in our house took to keep the roof updated. We weren't off base as they did some very "interesting" patch work. Steve and his team were nothing short of incredible. He has maintained our roof for a few years prior to the time in which we did the full job a month ago. It's hard to find contractors who are responsive, transparent, and communicate well. Steve and his team did all of those things very well. The whole job took 3 days even though it required some more work than initially anticipated. I honestly can't say enough good things about Steve and his team and they have completely earned my trust. I will be a repeat customer for years to come as he is a great guy, treats his employees and customers well, and the passion for his business shines through in all his interactions. Thanks again for making the roof replacement uneventful and low stress.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement with cleanup of rotted plywood.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, siding, chimney repair, roof cleaning

It was a pleasure working with you! See you soon for the exterior

04/06/2021

Michelle W.

Flying Colors was recommended on Facebook on my town's local page. From start to finish Steven was incredibly responsive and helpful. He was also flexible when we decided to have the work done sooner. He was accommodating with any special requests or questions. The team did an incredible job on the roof. They showed up promptly to get the work done and left the grounds clean of debris. The whole process was well-organized, well-paced and efficient. I would definitely recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
Roof and Skylight Replacement

Category roofing, replacement windows

It was a pleasure working with you. Thanks for the review

04/03/2021

Bill J.

Everything was great from beginning to end. Communication was on point. Worksite was cleaned to perfection. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Category roofing, woodworking, roof cleaning

Thanks for the review. It was a pleasure working with you

03/23/2021

Bernard M.

Extremely well. Roofing Crew arrived at 7:30am as expected. They were meticulous about removing old shingles and expecting the exposed plywood for deterioration. They replaced with new plywood at a reasonable cost. Just observing Steve's crew as they installed the new shingles made me glad I choose a licensed professional roofing company like Flying Colors. They took care of obtaining the permit from the town and coordinated the inspection.

Description of Work
New Roof and Gutters

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing

I’m glad you’re happy with the work. See you next week for the paint job

02/04/2021

James F.

This is the third time I have hired Flying Colors ... their work is impeccable. My most recent project involved interior painting although one of my prior projects was for exterior stain and painting. The job could not have gone better. Steve showed up on time to inspect my house and followed up with a clearly written quote. He had a large backlog of work and couldn't start the job for a few weeks which was not a problem for us. He did start the job when promised and was always easy to reach. His painting team (led by Alex) always arrived on time and were extremely careful with every aspect of the job - prep, painting, and clean up. Their attention to detail was incredible - my walls and trim looks like brand new. I don't know of a better painting contractor than Flying Colors.

Description of Work
Interior painting / exterior painting..

Category contractors, house painters, interior painters

It’s always a pleasure working with you

01/05/2021

Ursula S.

Very well. Crew worked quickly to get roof off and new roof put on. Unlike some contractors I spoke with in the process of getting quotes, Steve was totally responsive to questions and to various changes that were requested that required multiple updates in pricing. Can't go wrong with Flying Colors!!!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category contractors, roofing

Thanks for the review. It was a pleasure working with you

12/11/2020

Lauren H.

Just as the title says. I requested quotes from Angie's List from 4 "pros" - the lowest rated one responded within an hour, came to the house the same day, and the work was done 2 days later. Flying Colors Roofing and Painting emailed me today saying they are too busy for the season - funny since the work has already been done - and then I received an email they are claiming the work to be done and want me to review them. So here it is - Never heard from this company until this morning, they did NOT do the work.

Description of Work
Claims to have done the work, never even responded to quote until 1 week later, saying they couldn't do the work.

Category roofing, chimney repair, home builders

Hello. I do apologize for your frustration. With that being said, you emailed me on December 7th and asked for a quote and I got back to you on December 10th and let you know that we were booked for the season and best wishes with project. I never asked for a review that was an automated response from Angies List. I hope the project went well and you can reconsider this F review because I didn’t do anything wrong. Happy holidays!

12/03/2020

Stephen B.

Flying Colors did an outstanding job. This summer I watched them do the same work at my next door neighbor’s house and was impressed. I would highly recommend Flying Colors to anyone and everyone!!!

Description of Work
Siding and trim work and painting

Category siding, pressure washing, home builders, house painters

Thanks for review. House looks great!

11/10/2020

Elliot W.

Everything went great - Steve was responsive and helpful, reasonably priced and everyone was very professional. The roof looks great.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Thanks for review

10/29/2020

GARY J.

Excellent. Showed up the day after the hurricane and stop what could have been a lot of damage. Steve is a great guy to work with, very responsive, timely and always communicating every step of the way. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
entire house, removed old roof and installed new roof

Category roofing, home builders

Roof looks great!

10/29/2020

Karen M.

Steve & his team have now painted every room in our house and second time around of exterior painting ! They are the best, their end results are perfect, always very, very happy with their work ! Would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior house paint

Category contractors, gutter repair, pressure washing, home builders, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

Thanks for review! It always a pleasure working with you

09/17/2020

Matthew M.

Steven and team did an outstanding job turning our home from one with chipped paint from multiple terrible painting jobs and gapping holes from woodpeckers to looking like a brand new home! The team replaced all damaged shingles, removed an old door and added shingles in its place to match the rest of the house, sanded down the old paint (over multiple days) and then painted beautifully. They also took some extra days to remove old wallpaper up our stairs and in our hallways, repaired the drywall and repainted. Every day the team was onsite and ready to work at the time we were told (and usually even early) and the project was wrapped up exactly when we were told, and surpassed all of our expectations. We will definitely be recommending Flying Colors to anyone and everyone in the future.

Description of Work
Exterior and interior painting

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Thanks for review. It was a pleasure working with you

09/13/2020

Ron L.

I have used Flying Colors in the past for roof cleaning and refurbishing and painting my cedar siding. They did an excellent job then so when damage was done to my roof due to a fallen tree I immediately thought of them. I called and within a day they had someone out covering the tree and hole in my roof with a tarp to prevent rain from doing further damage. Then I needed to do serious tree removal throughout the whole property including the roof, but as soon as that was done, I called Steve Totilo the owner and within 3 days he had a crew working on the repairs and reshingling which were done in short order. The work looks impeccable and I would never hesitate to recommend him for any outside home repair or painting you might need.

Description of Work
Due to the hurricane Isaias, winds pushed a 100 year old oak onto my roof doing severe damage.

Category roofing, home builders, house painters, roof cleaning

I’m glad your happy.

09/11/2020

Viraf C.

The project was completed on schedule and on budget. The entire team consisting of the salesperson Chris De Santis, the owner Steve Totilo, and the crew boss Diego was extremely professional. The workmanship was excellent. One of the main reasons why I chose Flying Colors is because, not only are they certified as GAF MasterElite, their proposal was very competitive compared to the other outfits I contacted on Angie's list. Special thanks to Diego for doing an excellent job and special mention to one of his workers Santiago who is a master craftsman and roofer. I highly recommend Flying Colors Roofing and I have already referred one of my friends to use their services.

Description of Work
Shingles on complete roof as well on outdoor garage. New gutters and new skylights.

08/25/2020

Scott R.

Job went great!!! The crew arrived early and ready to work everyday. Wilmer, the foreman of the job made sure to ask us what we wanted and went to great lengths with his team to deliver. We are extremely happy with how our house turned out. I will be using them again for some indoor painting during the winter.

Description of Work
Painted outside of our home

Category contractors, pressure washing, home builders, house painters

House looks great!

08/24/2020

Christian H.

Steve and his guys are absolute professionals that know what they’re doing. We love the transformation they did on our house. Beautiful roof, great paint job and they fixed up a bunch of rotted wood. House looks brand new! They were quick, clean, courteous and very fairly priced. Can’t say enough about them. If you’re considering them I would HIGHLY recommend!

Description of Work
New roof and painting

Category roofing, house painters

Thanks for the review. It was a please working with you.

08/19/2020

Richard B.

Exceeded all expectations. It really came out well and looks fantastic. Hardworking crew got it done in a relatively short period of time for such an extensive renovation.

Description of Work
Exterior Refurbish including vinyl siding, carpentry work and painting

Category contractors, gutter repair, lighting, siding, chimney repair, home builders, house painters, doors

Everything looks great!

08/18/2020

Richard B.

Absolutely outstanding. Far exceeded my expectations. They went above and beyond and made the building look brand new.Hard working, diligent crew who did everything right and did not cut corners. The job required a lot of carpentry work as some of the plywood was rotted out. I am so happy with the final product and they have my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Refurbished entire exterior of a commercial building. They did the roof previous year.

Category gutter repair, siding, home builders, woodworking, interior painters

The building looks great!

08/15/2020

Mark R.

Excellent and efficient as promised.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing

I’m glad you’re happy with the work. The roof looks great!

08/03/2020

Kent F.

The team took on the challenge of cleaning, repairing and sealing our aging cedar roof. They did a great job.

Description of Work
Wood roof restoration

Category roofing, roof cleaning

The roof looks great! Thanks for the review