American Dry Basement Systems/Mold Pro Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since December 2008

4.3

28 Del Mar Dr

Brookfield, CT 06804

Since 1997, American Dry Basement Systems is waterproofing basements, encapsulating crawl spaces, installing sump pumps and battery backup systems and repairing foundation cracks in basements throughout Connecticut & Southeastern New York. Our mission is a simple one. We ensure that every customer

05/04/2020

Sajini J.

I consider it as my civic responsibility to warn public about this company. We had drainage system and sump pump installed by this company in March of 2020 and I paid close to $7,000 for it. Within a month of installation we has a day of rain and there was water in the basement. The water did not drain into the sump pump, instead came up through the floor and sump pump never kicked in. Clearly there is flaw in the design and installation of the system. The "technician" they sent failed to identify the problem or fix it. Clearly they are not standing by their system. I contacted Peter O'shea, owner of the company via e mail and to this date I have not received a response. Now I am left with an unusable basement after spending 7000 dollars. I have contacted BBB and waiting on their response. The sales person was knowledgeable and professional. I can't say the same about the workers that installed the system. I urge you to think twice before spending your hard earned money on their system. If you hire American dry to waterproof your basement you will not have a dry basement . It is just a matter of time before you see water.

Description of Work
Basement waterrroofing

08/11/2015

Roger A.

They were very thorough and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
We had an area in our basement that needed to be water proofed.

01/08/2015

Barbara H.

Bottom line, no more water in the basement. Effective given some significant storms. The salesman had not provided all the info to the workers who had a hard time within a particular space but they worked incredibly hard and got it done. There had been a difference in understanding about whether it was I or they who were to replace an extensive workbench attached to the wall. I spoke with the salesman who made it right.

Description of Work
Trench built around the perimeter of the basement and sump pump installed.

Category excavators, basement waterproofing, wells

01/06/2015

Katherine A.

It took them about an hour. Their pricing seemed to be right for the job.

Description of Work
They did work for us about 5 years ago. They installed a basement sump pump.

01/05/2015

David M.

I used this company about 10 years earlier at another home I had in Boston. They came with a crew and they were able to complete the job in one day. They cleaned up very well and did a nice job. They did come back to check to see that everything was done correctly. I have not had any issues since they have been out and the basement has been dry.

Description of Work
I could see there were leaks through the cracks. I just moved into the home and they installed a French drain system. They installed sump pumps too.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

11/01/2014

Jennifer F.

The company never responded to my request for an estimate via Angie's list email. If they don't intend to utilize the email function on Angie's list it shouldn't be an option. It has been 6 weeks since my inquiry.

Description of Work
N/A

08/11/2014

Marion B.

They had a different system about doing the work that was a lot more modern and that made a lot more sense. They put two sump pumps in the ground instead of just one to do both sides of the basement.

Description of Work
We used American Dry Basement in the end of last year for basement waterproofing.

12/30/2013

Peter R.

American Dry Basement (ADB) was contracted to seal our entire dirt cellar with their spray concrete product. Our hopes were that it would reduce the moisture under our house, keep out the winter wind and burrowing rodents, and finally provide us a place we could store seasonal furniture, etc. The price they quoted us was quite high, but we thought the potential benefits were worth the investment. Upon arriving home from work after the first day of this project, we found that the ADB crew had hit our water heater, severing the main pipe that supplies it water. Water had sprayed all over, before the hot water was shutoff. No one from ADB contacted us about this problem. When we called them, the first response we got was that "there was no reported problem with out job." Several calls and emailed photographs later, they admitted there was indeed an "unreported" problem. They had also, without my consent, removed two sets of short steps that provided our only access to the cellar. They were both ripped from the wall, and left outside. I informed them that I was never informed that this was going to happen, and wouldn't have given permission if I had known. They said that the salesperson should have mentioned it, and that it was regular practice. The dehumidifier that was part of my contract was placed precariously atop a concrete block and resting against my water heater. In this location, it was not only in the way, but a potential hazard should it tip over. I took time off from work the next day to speak with their main office, meet with the crew, and address these problems. While our initial calls to ADB the night of the discovery were answered, we had to wait until the next morning to speak with someone who could address our problems. They were very professional and interested in fixing the issues. The crew chief (when he arrived) was also polite and apologetic. By the end of that day, the work was done and the cellar did look great. However, when we demanded compensation for: a plumber to fix the water heater, time off from work to oversee the project, and rebuilding the stairs, they gave us a little less than a 5% percent reduction in price. Though the project had caused great stress, and cost addition money for repairs, we just wanted it to be over. Also, we were happy with the final transformation of our basement. We just wish that ADB had been more forthcoming and honest with us, from the initial description of work to be done, to the reporting of issues. I think they do provide a good product, but would recommend anyone using them to get a very clear description of what is to be removed and what work they will do. Being present during the process to give additional oversight might not be a bad idea, either.

Description of Work
I used American Dry Basement Systems/Mold Pro Inc.

Category concrete repair

11/19/2013

Kraig G.

The company over promised and under performed. Certain "guarantees" and services promised turned out to be less than accurate

Description of Work
I used American Dry Basement Systems/Mold Pro Inc

10/15/2013

Janet E.

There were so many options before a $6,000 digging up of our basement (ie., sloping the land at a 10 degree angle, installing new gutters). If the provider had listed their services, told us to get the preventive first and if that didn't work to call them, then we would have trusted them. But they listed their most expensive services first and that established a distrust from the outset.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from American Dry Basement Systems/Mold Pro Inc.

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

10/14/2013

Barbara H.

The process went pretty well. There was a bit of a lack of communication between the sales person and the installer as there was an area where the height of the roof was low and it was difficult for the installer to use a jackhammer. I was comfortable have the installers in my home. They were punctual and cleaned up well after themselves. I would recommend their services to others.

Description of Work
They installed a sump pump. A team of two completed the work in a day.

09/26/2013

kelly G.

professional appraisal but we did not utilize the services at this time.

Description of Work
estimate on remediation and dry proofing basement areas

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

09/26/2013

amanda C.

one was snow related the other, I didn't answer my phone so they cancelled. I was out of town and on the train back to meet them. you sent me an email regarding this telling me I could get a refund or possibly service from another company. I responded, thank you I would take either. I still need the work but if you can't get another service, I will take the refund. Thanks, Amanda Crowley knew

Description of Work
cancelled 2 appt's. apologized for the bad review, promised double the deal $500 for free & free estimate. HARD SELL, 2 hours of talk, pictures, drawings, dry erase markers etc. tried to arrange for the free $500 portion first, then contract for the rest, I was shunted to their credit dept for a loan, and they know nothing about the free portion. needless to say, after 5 months and all that ensued, I did not use them, nor would I recommend them. I have no idea how their work is when they do the work.

07/10/2013

Alan B.

They gave what I thought was a quote that was not feasible to do the work I needed. None of the information made sense, cost-wise. I decided not to do any work with them.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for $250 for $500 of Basement Waterproofing PLUS Free Inspection/Analysis and Written Estimate. I had them give an estimate to make my basement less damp.

07/09/2013

Sandy F.

They came out within a couple days of us calling. The estimate was well put together. We would have liked some options for repairs on the exterior of the house to help prevent water from getting in. They only had options for the interior. We are still making a decision.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for $250 for $500 worth of basement waterproofing bucks. They gave an estimate to install a French drain in the basement.

06/14/2013

Jerome F.

They don't service my area, which is Bronx, NY, and this deal will be refunded.

Description of Work
This was for the Big Deal for $280 for $500 Worth of Basement Waterproofing Bucks - Free Inspection/Analysis and Written Estimate Too!

06/07/2013

eileen C.

Overall a good experience. They did quality work. Their price was very competitive, after negotiation. They came back when I asked, so great follow up. They were very informative and knowledgable, explaining everything to me clearly.

Description of Work
Put in french drain system

05/23/2013

Steven G.

That was basically just an invitation to get a quote for a larger amount. You can not get anything for $250 from them. I think they did a very thorough job installing the system. The work definitely met my expectations. It was a very professional job with an impressive overall appearance with a high quality product. The installer did not speak English. It was not easy to communicate. The guy that signed me up did speak English and I asked if the installers did and he said yes but they did not. I was quite satisfied with the end result.

Description of Work
I used American Dry Basement Systems/Mold Pro Inc to install a trench drain, a sump pump and provided a humidifier.

Category wells, drain pipe

05/15/2013

Olga D.

The inspector checked the house foundation inside and out. He showed up on time and was very personable.

Description of Work
The person who inspected my basement and gave me an estimate was very knowledgable. He provided me with an estimate for waterproofing the whole basement.

05/10/2013

Vincent A.

Work was good but there where areas of wet wall which should have been covered by warranty. They did not respond to my complaint..

Description of Work
drainage system and waterproofing walls

05/09/2013

steven W.

The crew showed up on time and I was amazed at how they carried on their work, it was not and easy job, but the crew knew how to do it with no dust or debris and mimimal disruption. It was extrememly professional and I cant stress how pleased I am with ADBS and especially the crew they sent.

Description of Work
Had a small leak in the foundation wall which was causing some puddles on the floor. During heavy rains or when the snow melts there was a constant trickle of water which had to be dealt with every several days. There was a previous system installed but it failed to address this kind of leak. ADBS installed a system that now takes care of the leak and routes the water to an existing sump pump thereby elimatiing the problem.The system they installed was the entire length of the wall and will take care of any other leakage and ground water that could enter the home.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

05/08/2013

Sarah C.

Horrible customer service. I didn't feel it boded well for dealing with the company.

Description of Work
I called this company to have them come out and look at a basement for finishing. I left a message. Over the course of the next week they had multiple different operators call me and leave messages on my cell phone. It felt a bit like they were harassing me for business. When I did answer my phone I let them know that I had already received their messages and I would call them back when I have a date from the sellers (we are the buyers looking to get some work done on the property right after closing before we move in) as to when they would be able to come out and I told them I didn't appreciate the constant calling. The person I spoke to became defensive and said that I had called them for an estimate and most companies keep calling back and I said, no, everyone else I called left me a message once and waited to call back. Then the person paused and said well, are you the homeowner? And I said, no, I'm buying the property. To which they said, well, if you're not the homeowner we can't come out anyway and they hung up the phone. Very rude individual and makes very little sense that they can't come out because how on earth could I hire them to do the work in the brief time period before I move in if they won't give me a quote before closing. Permits will have to be pulled, etc. I will not be using this company or speaking with them again.

Category basement waterproofing

This complaint has been brought to my attention . I profusely apologize for any unwanted phone calls and the phone conversation that you have experienced. As a manager for American Dry Basement Systems , I take pride in our great customer service reputation and Grade A with the BBB along with our certificates from BBB we receive bi-yearly stating no complaints in an 18 mo. period. Poor customer service is not tolerated here and although time has passed since this complaint, the matter will still be adressed. Rebecca

05/01/2013

Franny F.

They charged me for $6000. I did not shop around and it seemed high to me. But the basement is dry, so I can't complain. They were very efficient. They have three workmen and they came in the morning on-time.They worked here for about 10 hours and they completely finished the job in a prompt manner. They only took one short lunch break. They picked up everything, they cleaned up the basement, and they did a very good job.

Description of Work
American Dry Basement Systems / Mold Pro Inc. waterproofed my basement last September, during the fall.

04/30/2013

perry W.

It was an upsell/hard sell. He did not address my problem at all. He came in smelling like smoke, I could hardly deal with being in the same room with him. The company was responsive and apologetic, but the gentleman who came out was not professional at all.

Description of Work
I have a crack in the foundation in the basement and that's why I had them come out.

Category basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

03/31/2013

Jill S.

Although I was extremely pleased with the end result, I was disappointed in the process and professionalism of the company. I ultimately spoke to 3 companies, this was the first. It was a bit of a hard sell, although I liked the salesman. But after my other conversations realized that there are small but important differences in the systems that are installed. The original quote was quite a bit over the other written quote I received, and more than I ultimately paid. In the back of my mind I wondered if I was being ripped off because I live in New Canaan or because I was a woman. In any case DO YOUR HOMEWORK! They ultimately matched the other lower quote and performed the work. My hope was that they would be neater and the mold spray was of a better quality than the competitors, both important because I have allergies. Both of these items were true. They were EXTREMELY neat, not an easy trick with cement and a jackhammer (theirs have vacuums attached!) and the workers were polite and the foreman knowledgeable. The other issue I had was that they called my husband to confirm the appointment and did not reach him. Rather than call the other numbers on the contract (my cell) they tentatively cancelled the installation, quite a huge problem since the contents of my basement was in my back yard! I called the morning of the installation and was told they were on an another job and they had called my cell, neither of which turned out to be true. So they started late the first day, but still finished in the late afternoon on the second day. I was also please that their sump pump is American made.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing; digging a trench around the edge of the basement with jackhammers. Putting in gravel and a drain beneath the surface of the floor angling the drains to collect in a corner. A sump pump was placed in the corner in a barrel as well as a back-up battery installed. The floor was recemented over the gravel and drain. They also placed a drain outside the door to collect rain water and direct it into the installed system. The sump pump was connected to an existing drainage pipe which they extended underground outside of the house to a gully that existed on the side of our property. They then sprayed for mold.

TJB-INC Landscape & Drainage Contractor

TJB-INC is a local family owned, Professional Landscape & Drainage Contractor since 1976. We specialize in Custom Water Features, Synthetic Putting Greens, All Hardscaping - Traditional & Permeable (walks, patios, pool decks, driveways & retaining walls), Landscape Plantings (Trees, Shrubs, Flowers, Bulbs & Ground Covers), Storm Water & Drainage Issues, Seasonal Property Maintenance, On-Site Consultations with our expert who can answer all your questions. TJB-INC holds many licenses, certifications, & registrations: * CT Home Improvement Contractor Registration #507853 * CT DEP Business Registration # B-652 * CT DEP Turf & Ornamental Supervisor #S-1710 *CT DEP Arborist # S-1710 * Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI) Level 1 Installer * NCMA Certified Segmental Retaining Wall Installer * National Pond Society - "Master Pond Gardener" * International Professional Pond Contractors Association # 7173 * Certified Master Aquascape Contractor (1st in New England) *Nicolock Hardscape Pro * Techo-Block Hardscape Pro * Manufacturer's Installer Certifications from Ideal, Uni-Lock, Grinnell, Belgard, Versa-Lock, & many more. You can contact us at the following telephone numbers: 203-287-0636 Customer Service 203-288-3711 24-Hour Answering Service 203-288-3213 Fax Machine 800-926-2119 Toll Free Or at any of the E-Mail addresses below tjb@TJB-INC.com Info@TJB-INC.com Ted@Pond.Expert Ted@Drainage.Expert Social Media Sites: 1. Facebook = TJB-Inc-Landscape-Drainage-Contractors 2. Instagram = tjbinc_landscape_and_drainage 3. YouTube = TJB-INC Landscape & Drainage Contractor Take a virtual tour of our Display Gardens & Ponds at http://www.tjb-inc.com/about/#virtualtour See a drone fly through video of our Displays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYCtozHoquI See thousands of photos of our work at http://www.houzz.com/pro/tjbinc/__public See our customer reviews on Angies List, Yelp, BBB, Houzz, Google, Networx, & Facebook!

Offers by TJB-INC Landscape & Drainage Contractor on Angi
    All Dry Stamford

**COMPREHENSIVE REMEDIATION & RESTORATION SERVICES! PROUDLY SERVICE CUSTOMERS SINCE 2014! At All Dry, we understand that whether you need Mold Cleanup. Sewage Cleanup or Storm Damage or Flood Damage restoration, every situation is different, and we treat each one with the utmost care and professionalism. Whether you need a simple clean up or complete restoration of your property after a flood or leak, we are here for you. Our IICRC technicians provide same-day and 24/7 emergency service to ensure you and your home or business are protected. Please contact or call us for your Burst pipes Flooding Mold Cleanup Sewage Cleanup Storm damage Odor Smoke Fire **Also, please note that we do NOT offer Mold Testing**

Award 2022
    C & J Pumps, LLC

Family owned and operated since 1994.Free Estimates.Great Service for Fair price.10% discount with mention of ad. 24 hour emergency service

HIC.0654483
    11/30/2019
    American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available

Basement Waterproofing, Crawl Space Encapsulation, Sump Pump Installation & Foundation Crack Repair. Why are we different? Eco-friendly dust suppression, our responsible crew will fix the problem efficiently with very little disruption and finish the job with zero post-repair mess. Our branded SuperCrete is the latest in superior foundation repair technology; combined with our sound engineering practices and foundation-friendly concepts, it makes your concrete foundation stronger and waterproof.

Flooding cleanup only, exterior perimeter excavation drainage, bowing wall repair, and foundation straightening or pinning.