CROWN ELECTRIC

Founded 1987 • With Angi since July 2006

3.8

73 ROSEMARY LN

Bristol, CT 06010

Crown Electric LLC is a full service electrical and general contractor. We are fully licensed and insured.

03/19/2018

William S.

Excellent work by professionals

Description of Work
Installed new outlets / circuit breakers

12/21/2016

Monica S.

Everything went very well. The new box looks very neat and easy to read! Jim went through the entire house making a map so should we have a power outage we can easily select what appliances etc we want the generater to run. I've had Crowne do work in my home since 2010. Very happy with their service.

Description of Work
We had a very old electrical box re-wired and a hook up added for a generate plus changed the house alarm to go over Ooma.

07/15/2016

julian C.

Crown did not impede the remodeling. However; substandard materials were used, sloppy and non-professional workmanship was readily apparent. Following our remodel a subsequent electrician was called in. They had to redo some of the work because of faulty materials at an additional cost of $600. We had additional electrical work performed by this subsequent new electrician. They and the town inspectors found things that Crown missed or just did not do which should have been done. Another $5000 cost!!!

Description of Work
I had my home remodeled. The general contractor used this firm. This review is no reflection on the contractor, they were great. However, Crown's work and service, is substandard.

Category electrician

I did work for [Member Name Removed] He and his wife are very nice people. We had an issue with CREE led bulbs that were installed. Some bulbs would occasionally blink or go on and off. I made 3 trips and replaced the bulbs that were causing problems with new bulbs. CREE was experiencing problems with some, new bulbs. After my 3rd time out, a couple of original bulbs caused problems. [Member Name Removed] sent me an email, and wanted all new bulbs from a different manufacture installed. I had no problem with that, but I would have to charge the difference in cost for the new bulbs. I would not charge for labor. [Member Name Removed] never got back to me. Instead he went to the general contractors place of business and complained about my service. The contractor called me said he would take the lead to resolve this with me and the owner. I never heard anything else until the contractor told me that Newington Ele ctric came out, and charged the [Member Name Removed]'s a fortune to install new bulbs and that they installed a standby generator while they were there. As far as my work is concerned. I had permits on all my work and everything was done to and or above code. All my work was inspected and approved. The only thing that I can figure, is that the electrical contractor used his negative review of my work, to get work for himself. As far as Angie's list is concerned, They aren't a reliable website for hiring a contractor. Their site is just a sounding board for angry or malicious people. Angie's list doesn't contact the parties involved to get to the truth. I have even gotten reviews from Angie's list from clients I have never done work for. How honest is that! I have a A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB takes time to find out the truth from the customer and contractor by contacting them personally. They are committed to resolving issues. Their website promotes integrity, workmanship and reliability.

07/22/2015

Andrew P.

Jim, the owner, was supposed to give me a written estimate, which I never got. I was initially told by the general contractor that the electric bill would be "in the range of $500 to $600. I told them exactly what type of timer switch I wanted in the bathroom and even gave them pictures and details of the parts at Home Depot. They ignored what I asked for and put in what they had. Their story was "our wholesale supplier did not have the other switch". It was on the shelf at Home Depot. When I insisted on the switch that I asked for he got hostile. Jim left a nasty message on my voice mail saying that it was the general contractor's miscommunication and that I needed to "get a grip, fella". As of today, the project has been completed for almost a month and I can not get Jim to come in and replace the switch. He arranged to come in last Saturday and never showed. Sent me a text on Monday at 1:30 PM saying that he could be in my home at 2:30 PM, but I had to respond by 2 PM. I was at work and did not get the text until 4. Now I can't reach him. I have paid Crown Electric in full and can't get Jim to come in to finish the job. Rudeness is never acceptable, and a $500 to $600 job should not end up being $1,118.50.

Description of Work
Did the wiring of a new bathroom as a subcontractor for the general contractor for the project.

Category phone sales

I did work for [Member Name Removed]. I looked at Andrews job, and forgot to get an estimate out to him. The general contractor's sales person is never to give an estimate to the customer. I went on vacation when the job was being done. My 2 men went out to the job and did the work that [Member Name Removed] requested. I wish he had asked my guys or contacted me about the cost because I surely would have gotten back to him even if I was on vacation. The scope of work was large. Way more that a $500 to $600 dollar bill. I suppose this is why [Member Name Removed] didn't mention a thing to me when I could do the finish work with my helper and give him the bill. [Member Name Removed] paid me with no questions asked. He even wanted me to give him estimates for additional work throughout his home, which I did. The contractor had texted me a switch that [Member Name Removed] wanted way before we started the job, which i forgot about. I installed a switch that we stock in our truck. The next day I got a call from the contractor that [Member Name Removed] wanted a specific switch. Then I had remembered, I forgot. I went to Home Depot, because [Member Name Removed] said I could get it there. When I saw the switch, I picked it up and noticed that it wasn't rated to turn on and off a motor. It wasn't the correct switch that [Member Name Removed] needed for his job. I let the contractor and the owner know this. I took a picture of the switch, and went to my supplier and had them check to see if this could be gotten to switch a motor. The supplier said it was a special order and it would be 4 to 6 weeks. When I got the switch I tried many times to connect with [Member Name Removed] and nothing ever worked out. I let the contractor know this, and he said, Give me the switch, because I have to go there and I will put it in." This is the last that I knew of this issue. I also want to say that I never had a negative conversation with [Member Name Removed]. I'm not sure why he would write that I spoke to him that way.

07/07/2006

MARCUS C.

THEY ARE BETTER THAN OTHER COMPANIES. THEY SEEM TO BE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT ALL ELECTRICAL WORK. I AM VERY CONFIDENT EVERY TIME I HIRE THEM. THEIR PRICES ARE ALWAYS REASONABLE. I AM VERY PLEASED.

Description of Work
THEY UPGRADED OUR WHOLE CIRCUITRY IN OUR HOUSE. THEY ALSO REDID OUR ELECTRICAL WIRING IN OUR BASEMENT.