C & B Landscaping

Founded 2005 • With Angi since August 2006

254 East Rd

Bristol, CT 06010

No subs, cost determined by the job, no travel charges, license #: 615695.

06/14/2019

Frank M.

They did a wonderful and really nice job. They did a bang up job for a reasonable price. Very good and nice people to work with. I used them many times in the past.

Description of Work
They completely removed and uprooted a large hedge.

Category lawn service

01/08/2019

Daniel P.

C & B Landscaping did a great job on our yard. They went above and beyond what we were expecting.

Description of Work
Leaf Removal

Category landscaping, leaf removal

12/02/2018

Peter N.

Left two messages never called back. Very unprofessional!

Description of Work
Fall cleanup

Category landscaping, lawn service

Hello, I'm sorry your unsatisfied but you didn't call us and leave any messages. Thank you

10/10/2018

Sandra D.

We had to have a line of 7 large old trees removed and afterward, our yard was truly a disaster area. Oh, what an eyesore and embarrassment it was! We are incredibly grateful that a wonderful world-class landscaping team, C&B Landscaping, stepped in and literally performed a miracle for us. First, they chose and planted 10 stunning arborvitaes and some flowering shrubs to fill in the empty spots. Then, they did all the backbreaking work that was necessary to prepare the ground for sod, which they then planted beautifully. We are only sorry we didn't take "before" photos, because today, the area is unrecognizable. It went from looking like an old abandoned lot to a gorgeous park, and all because of the brilliant, highly-skilled, painstaking work of this ultra-conscientious team. We are so grateful to have been helped by these very special people, and we could not recommend them more highly!

Description of Work
Needed to have sod and shrubs planted in ground that was in bad condition after removal of 7 trees.

08/15/2018

Jess O.

Crystal and Mike, are a husband/wife team and do the work themselves. They offered fair pricing, communicated through out the project, were friendly, professional, and kept a clean work site during and after. Their finished product was excellent!

Description of Work
Front path and entry patio area was dug up due to new well installation. Needed new front path and entry patio area.

05/28/2018

Eric B.

Charged me an extra $50 to remove leaves from very small hill, but they didn't do a good job.

Description of Work
leaf cleanup

Category leaf removal

You added that part to the job after you said not to do it. Also it was not a small hill, it was a straight 'll and down' cliff. A non-walkable cliff. You also said you were very happy and also asked if we could come back to do your mowing.

11/06/2017

James E.

Extremely well. Crystal was very responsive and professional. She and her husband did the work themselves. The lawn looks great and the price for leaf removal included leaf disposal!

Description of Work
Cutting grass and collect leaves

Category lawn service, leaf removal

05/12/2017

Nancy B.

I'm always very pleased with Crystal's work. She and her husband are friendly, professional, and full of good information for someone like me who doesn't know what to plant or where. I've had larger companies do landscaping for us and they were always working too fast against the clock and planted things that were not suitable for the conditions of our yard and gardens. My husband and I appreciate the fact they this company works as if they were working in their own garden. We've hired them twice and would not hesitate to hire them again or refer them to someone.

Description of Work
Shrubs planted, mulch, and garden clean-up.

03/21/2017

Marco C.

I believe they had good intentions. They were good in responding to my phone calls. Unfortunately, they were unable to come due to first being too busy on the day of the storm and then the next day their truck had a mechanical breakdown.

Description of Work
Snow removal

Category snow removal

09/16/2016

Sandra D.

Wow, we really hit the jackpot finding this amazing landscaping team! They did such an outstanding job of taming our crazy, embarrassing mess of weeds, shrubs, plants and trees that we could hardly believe it was the same yard that we had left just a few hours before. This dream team helped us go from zero to hero in the neighborhood with our now beautifully manicured, healthy looking foliage. What a difference they made! Thank you Crystal and Mike!!

Description of Work
Overhaul and extensive pruning of flower beds containing many shrubs and other plantings.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

09/16/2016

Sandra D.

This expert landscaping team did a phenomenal job of taming our wild, overgrown, tangled mess of a yard. They are able to work extremely fast and efficiently; I suspect they complete the work in a fraction of the time it takes other companies with less skill and experience. Crystal is a trained, professional arborist and generously shares her expertise on all aspects of trees and shrubs. They could not have done a more beautiful job, and we feel extremely fortunate to have found this gem of a company.

Description of Work
Extensive pruning, removal of dead shrubs

06/02/2016

Lucille A.

I think it went very well. They were there when they said they would be. There was 1 week of rain, they did what they could and kept me posted on when they would be back, and they were. I had a good Idea of what I wanted and had done some homework but I needed help with some things. They were very forthcoming and helpful, they worked with me through out the whole process. I could not have ask for better. I'm happy with the outcome. My Patio looks great and so do the stoops. Also, they took great care in making sure my lawn was not torn up.

Description of Work
Cut shrubs, replaced a row of shrubs with a new row of arborvitaes for privacy. Refinished 2 stoops, 1 was resurfaced and the other, pavers installed on the top, veneers installed on the sides of each stoops. Installed a brand new patio.

10/20/2015

Nicholas K.

My girlfriend met with them and said it was a real positive experience. Firstly, the quote was unprofessional. it was an ALL CAPS informal email. They finished the work in 2 days which i was happy about, but after seeing the workmanship I have questions of how it was so quick. The most frustrating part is they said they wanted me happy but they failed and actually made the situation worse. The company said they wanted to make me happy so they gave me a date they would come back. They failed to show up and at the end of the day they said they would come back another day as they couldn't make it. Once again, they waited until the end of the day to say they couldn?t make it. They finally showed up one day but without notice. After the initial work, I complained so they said they would come back out and do as I had asked (at least partially). I explained on the phone i wanted the cobblestone edging parallel with the edge of the deck. What they had done looked cheap as the cobblestone edging ran into the columns of the deck (looking like i wanted to save money on stone so i would connect the columns.) On the second try they moved the cobblestone edging out from the columns about 2 inches (not parallel with the edge of the deck, another couple feet, which was specifically asked for by us during initial estimate and for the complaint). And to exacerbate the problem they just leveled off the stone bed without putting fabric down and without adding more stone blend. So there's no fabric, less stone blend than the 3" they originally laid so I can see dirt underneath in certain spots. I already have weeds coming through those sections. They describe in the Angie?s listing they have a guarantee. I?d say they should remove that or have the largest asterisk. Very disappointed as I clearly explained how they could make me happy after the original problem and they failed. There were other promises that were not upheld which makes it a completely negative experience besides the first meeting/estimate that my girlfriend had with them.

Description of Work
Remove shrubs and weeds from a couple shrub beds. Lay fabric and stone blend on beds. Then lay stone under the deck and cobblestone edging around the deck. my girlfriend met with the company and there is a dispute about what was agreed upon so the above description is disputed.

Category landscaping, lawn service, masonry, pavers, gravel

FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO SAY I MET WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND SHE TOLD ME WHAT SHE WANTED DONE. IN MY EMAIL I STATED EXACTLY WHAT WE WERE GOING TO DO FOR WHAT PRICE. YOU EXCEPTED. THEN I WROTE UP A WRITTEN CONTRACT WITH THE DETAILS AGAIN, IN WHICH YOUR GIRLFRIEND SIGNED. I DID THIE WORK. YOU PAYED YOUR BILL. THEN YOU STATED YOU WANTED THE COBBLESTONE MOVED OUTSIDE OF THE CONCRETE FOOTINGS. WHICH I DID OUT OF MY POCKET FOR MATERIALS, ECT. YOU THEN STATED YOUR GIRLFRIEND SAID I WAS TO DO OTHER THINGS. BUT YET IT WAS ALL WRITTEN UP IN TWO DIFFERENT CONTRACTS. THAT YOU BOTH AGREED TO. I HAVE NOT AND WOULD NEVER NOT DO WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO,PERIOD. IN FACT I AM ALWAYS DOING MORE. AND I AM VERY DISPLEASED THAT YOU ARE UNHAPPY, BUT I DID EXACTLY WHAT YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND YOU ASKED. AND YOU WHERE THERE WHEN WE CAME TO REDO THE WORK, AND YET YOU SAID NOTHING OR CAME OVER TO THE WORK AREA. AND MOST CERTAINLY AVOVE ALL ELSE THERE IS NOTHING UNPROFFESSIONAL ABOUT MY WORK, OR IN THE QUALITY OF IT.

10/15/2015

James L.

Great job; all work was done to my satisfaction and they even offered to fill some additional areas not part of the original estimate since some extra fill dirt was available. Would definitely hire B&G again.

Description of Work
Filled and graded several areas around the house and yard where the ground had settled including reinstalling a stone edging and replanting a bush.

Category landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel

07/30/2015

Andrew G.

These guys are really hard workers, They kept motoring through the summer heat for nearly two weeks as we had a lot of work that needed doing. They were helpful with planting tips and very accommodating as we changed edging and planting choices and added additional tasks as the work developed. I would definitely recommend them and will be using them again for mulching work each spring moving forward.

Description of Work
Filled in dips with soil, felled trees, removed brush and overgrown bushes, mulched edged and planted new borders

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

06/22/2015

Sherry K.

The first thing I have to say is that Crystal at C&B Landscaping called me back within 2 days of contacting them. That is HUGE for me since so many contractors don't return calls or drag things along.. They came out within a week on a Saturday and looked at the job and gave me an estimate on timing. Within a few days I got a call with a price once the pavers were priced out. This was not a huge job; some landscapers I called only want to do large big ticket jobs. The price was very reasonable and we picked a date to start which was within a 2-3 week time period. The job was finished in 2 days very much to my satisfaction. It was tricky because a large groundhog had dug up under my walkway and made a den under the cement staircase. They had to dig out the old, improperly installed walkway and add a large amount of new stone base and install new pavers. The also repaired a tree ring that had buckled up and was also improperly installed originally. I would definitely use C&B landscaping again. They were very prompt, communicated effectively and very friendly folk. Thanks Guys!!!

Description of Work
Removed 2 dead bushes, repaired a walkway, repaired a tree ring

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel

06/16/2015

June C.

Please see above; wound up not using services

Description of Work
I had asked Crystal for an estimate on some shrub trimming, and she was polite/professional and prompt with coming out to give an estimate when she said she could, and called me back in a VERY timely manner. Unfortunately due to my personal financial situation, the price--while reasonable--just couldn't work for me. But I felt compelled to review the company just based on their professional follow up/follow through.

06/15/2015

kathleen B.

Crystal did come out to our home. She said she would send us an email that evening with a written estimate for the job. I kept checking my emails and finally at 9pm I called her phone. She never returned my phone call nor did she ever give me an estimate. I personally think that was extremely unprofessional. If she did not want to take the job on she should have told us, plain and simple. I would not recommend her business to anyone.

Description of Work
We asked them to come to our home and give us an estimate.

Category landscaping

I'M SORRY YOU ARE UPSET BUT I NEVER SAID I WOULD SEND IT THAT NIGHT, I LOOKED AT 17 JOBS THAT DAY AND TOLD YOU I WOULD SEND IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

04/17/2015

Elaine K.

Within the week I phoned, Crystal came to give me an estimate as well as performed the work. They edged all my flower beds, trees and other areas as well as delivered and spread new mulch in the areas I requested. All debris was taken away, everything was neat and perfect !

Description of Work
Crystal responded quickly to my call for an estimate to have edging and mulch placement done.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

02/05/2015

Carol S.

They did a wonderful job, they cleaned up the area near my propane gas and made the path to the propane gas, also i had asked if they would shovel out the spot i had for my dog and not only did they do that but they made the area much larger than i had it. Crystal was very pleasant and wonderful to deal with on the phone and also when she came, the gentleman who's name i did not catch was also friendly and he did an awesome job on the roof, i would highly recommend them especially to those who live in a mobile community, they did everything just as they said they would, when i came home from work i felt relived to see the snow and ice off my mobile home, my neighbor also was quite pleased with the job they did on her place. If i ever need to have the job done again i will not hesitate to call Crystal and have them come out. They are honest and a good company to deal with. Thank you C & B landscaping. Also my dog thanks you both for the area you dug out for her. It's nice to know that there is still honest businesses out there . carol selvaggi

Description of Work
They removed snow and ice from my roof and shed and porch overhang.

02/03/2015

Nancy B.

I was very pleased with the work of C and B Landscaping. I called them to remove snow from the roof of our home. They were extremely friendly and professional. I would not hesitate to use them again for snow removal or landscaping and would recommend them to others. They are a very nice couple who take pride in the work they do.

Description of Work
C and B Landscaping removed snow from the roof of our house.

Category landscaping, snow removal

10/07/2014

James M.

C and B responded promptly to my request for a quote. The area was cleared and leveled. A pad consisting of creek rock and timbers was then installed. I had purchased a pre-assembled barn which was delivered to the site. The driver delivering the barn commented on the pad. He stated that it was the best he had seen and asked who had done the work. I would not hesitate on using Cand B again.

Description of Work
Cleared a partially wooded area and prepared a pad for a 12X14 barn,

07/21/2014

Kenneth J.

We hired Crystal and Mike based on the reviews they received. I have to say they lived up to all of the reviews. The quick, efficient, and did excellent work. We are already planning to have them back for more landscaping,

Description of Work
Clear brush and small trees, setup removal, pre-season and pruning,

07/19/2014

Gil L.

Excellent. Second time we've used Cand B. Very creative and knowledgeable. Punctual, cleaned up, fast. They are great.

Description of Work
New walk/pavers, seed, stone wall, edging, new plants, mulch

Category landscaping, lawn service, masonry, mulch, hardscaping

06/01/2014

Jolee W.

The work included digging out a very old patio, which was small and turned out to be just pavers on the dirt, and also many, many tree roots. I gave them a drawing of what I wanted and they replicated it. Mike dug it all out by hand. Big job! They did fantastic work and the patio is beautiful. I get many compliments on it--even from another hardscape contractor who was working on my chimney. Crystal and Mike were very responsive and accommodated the design I wanted, working with me on paver options and details of the color choices and layout. They're very laid back and personable, and also hard-working and considerate. They were timely with the work and handled everything with delivery of materials. I recommended them to a friend for landscaping and she said they did a great job for her also.

Description of Work
They installed a new paver patio--pretty large, stretches across the back of the house.