BL Remodeling LLC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since August 2010

659 Camp Street

Bristol, CT 06010

Thank you for viewing BL Remodeling's profile. We do all phases of remodeling including additions, full home transformations, bathrooms, kitchens, & basements. Fully licensed & insured HIC.0626628....

06/21/2017

Marc A.

Brendan was extremely responsive, personable, and meticulous in his work. He provided a very reasonable estimate for the job and did the work himself. It was a relatively small job in comparison to his normal contracts, but he still had me in his schedule within a week. I had several estimates done and he was the only contractor to recommend the installation of a panel to allow for access to the plumbing in the future. Other contractors were content with just sealing it in, but that level of detail impressed me and the quality of his work ended up being excellent to boot.

Description of Work
Insulation and drywall installation to repair damage from a pipe break.

Category drywall

03/15/2017

Bradley C.

Brendan's work was always awesome! Everything he did was perfect. He says he likes to do finish work and it does show. His accomplishments are especially impressive since the house was built in 1900 it's really hard to find surfaces that are actually straight, plumb flat or even. Yet Brendan met all the challenges, with excellent results. Brendan is really easy to work with - a polite, friendly, trustworthy young man. There were never any surprises and he stuck exactly to his quote even though I know there were times he had to put in extra work due to the nature and surprises sometimes found in old houses. Approx. cost below includes labor and trim materials and windows.

Description of Work
Brendan did a variety of work on my small lake front house that I was totally renovating. I brought Brendan in after I (and another non-professional helper) did a poor job hanging sheet rock. Brendan fixed all our mistakes then continued with finish work. He did the taping, skimmed coated 2 ceilings that had not been replaced, all trim work (windows, doors, baseboards) hung the doors, tiled the bathrooms and installed the kitchen cabinets.He also framed out and finished above the fireplace mantel, and other misc. jobs. Finally, he installed 4 new basement replacement windows and 3 attic dormer windows.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling

04/10/2016

Michelle T.

Outstanding work. Brendan has done so many projects for us including a new master bathroom, tile, redoing popcorn ceiling, painting. He takes a lot of pride in his work and it is always done to perfection. He is, by far, the best person we have ever worked with.

Description of Work
Fixed sill plates

Category contractors

01/26/2016

Daria C.

After getting quotes from other local bathroom remodelers I called BL Remodeling. Brendan, the owner, promptly provided a very reasonable quote. During the planning stage he was very helpful, answering all of my questions and concerns. I was happy to know that he uses quality products (not the stuff that comes out of the big home stores). While at the house performing the work Brendan was courteous, clean, and quick. He always came on time and on schedule. He did a beautiful job and all at the quoted amount! Even after his work is done, I feel at ease knowing that he’ll be there should I have any future questions.

Description of Work
Demolished a fiberglass tub surround; installed new tub, subway tiles, shower fixtures, curtain rod; had my vanity refinished

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

09/28/2015

Jackie B.

I could not be more pleased with the comprehensive double bathroom remodel done by Brendon. He was professional, accurate and was able to guide my husband I through the remodeling process with his experience and ideas regarding the layout and fixtures, which quite frankly, without his expertise, I would have been completely lost.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel- Master and Hallway

Category remodeling, home remodeling

08/30/2015

Michelle T.

Outstanding, he is also very neat

Description of Work
Ceilings- eliminated popcorn ceilings and added trim

Category drywall, home remodeling

09/10/2014

William P.

We knew it was time to remodel the bathroom when we saw the first tile of a 25 year old bathroom rise from the shower floor. After a review of local contractors claims and advertisements, I was more confused as to how to find the best contractor and value for our home. I turned to Angie?s list and promptly received the names of 2 local ?A? rated contractors. I called them both and both immediately responded. I met with both contractors and I selected Matt?s Pro Plumbing. What was particularly remarkable about Matt is that he immediately knew that the size and configuration of our bathroom project would entail much more tile work than plumbing. Rather than try to complete the tile work and receive the full contact price himself, he contacted BL Remodeling LLC to provide the tile service, which we estimate accounted for 75% of the project total. I found Matt?s unselfish approach to be refreshing and his A rated reviews on Angie?s List told me he was the right person for the job. Shortly thereafter, I met Brendan of BL Remodeling LLC, another truly class act. If it were possible, he exuded as much or more confidence and honesty as Matt did. Brendan was as easy going and as fair as a person could be. Nothing that was asked of him was too difficult and he never made any request an opportunity to enrich himself. Finally the day arrived to begin and Brendan showed up. I asked about his crew, as I prepared my home for the onslaught of laborers that I presumed would show up. He told me he worked alone and by the end of the first day, he had the bathroom gutted and all debris meticulously hand carried down 2 flights of stairs and placed in huge barrels for removal. Unbelievable! In order to coordinate all of this, it was necessary for Matt?s crew to shut off water, remove fixtures and cap pipes. All was accomplished with a few hours of Brendan?s arrival. At the end of the first day my bathroom was gutted AND my home was left spotless! This continued through the 2 week process as Brendan cleaned up every day before leaving. It was impressive. More impressive however, was the rebuilding of the waterproof shower known as the Schluter System that Brendan installed as he began to rebuild our bathroom. Each day?s progress was promising as the bathroom took shape. The walls, floors, vanity and lighting all went into place. Accomplishment occurred each day and there was never a failure to show up. Everything happened as Matt and Brendan planned as they worked diligently. During the project, Matt?s father passed away and we were expecting to have some delay in completion. During this time, we did not speak with Matt, but he kept in close contact with Brendan. On the day the project was scheduled to be compete, an ancillary project of installing a gas line to the kitchen had not been started. I expected it would be delayed several days and take an additional day or 2 to complete. On that morning, Matt?s crew showed up, reconnected all of the plumbing and began to work on the gas line. Matt showed up shortly thereafter and directed his men. By 3:00 that afternoon, they were finished. All of this was remarkable, but if something was even more remarkable, Matt and Brendan completed my project for the price they had quoted. There were no mistakes, ?things I did not understand? or any issues over the workmanship or quality of materials. We began using the bathroom the next day and we found a few things needed attention. An electrical outlet did not function, a sink drain connector failed and the hot water needed adjusting. Matt showed up that morning by 9:00 a.m. in response to my 6:30 a.m. email. The plumbing issues were resolved. I failed to mention Ralph, their electrician. He is the senior member of the team who fits so well with Brendan and Matt. Ralph told me that he is so pleased to work with these young men who take their careers very seriously and are extremely professional. I could not agree with Ralph more who exhibits his own brand of professionalism. The reason for the call back was that my GFI failed. Ralph replaced it?no charge! When it comes to plumbing call Matt the Plumber and if you are remodeling anything, call Brendan. I am sure that when you hire these fine gentlemen, you will also meet Ralph. These men are extremely professional and a breath of fresh air.

Description of Work
Gut old bathroom to the bare walls and floor and rebuild it complete with new floor and wall tiles throughout. Also, tiled a backsplash in the kitchen.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

04/23/2014

Erik S.

I highly recommend BL Remodeling. Brendan is the owner and he does most of the work himself. So with his name on the line, he does an excellent job. Personally I prefer to know that the person I am doing the contract with is also doing some of the work. Often times when subcontractors are used, they only seem care about how quickly they can get in and out of the job and collect the money. With them, you never know what kind of standards they are holding themselves to. Brendan has one electrician on staff and together they worked efficiently yet thoroughly on my project. I also like that Brendan uses technology to make it easier to interact with him. He is easily accessible via email (whereas many contractors only list phone number, not email, on their business card) and he accepts payment with credit card at no extra charge (for those that care about cash back or earning miles). The only drawback I have is that during the time he worked on my project, he also took on another very large project at the other end of the state which significantly delayed the completion date of my bathrooms. In all fairness, I would probably do the same if I were starting up my own company. Just something to be mindful of and when putting together the contract and this should not be an issue. I will definitely call on BL Remodeling again for my next projects. I received 4 quotes for my bathrooms so I knew Brendan was competitive on price. Now I also know he does his work with honesty, integrity and respect.

Description of Work
Master and guest bath total renovation. I did the demo and paint of both bathrooms. Master: Supply and install pocket door, supply and install drywall, supply and install subfloor, install tile and grout, supply and install trim, install medicine cabinet and mirror, change and add electrical outlets, install toilet, install fixtures, install shower pan and frameless shower glass walls, install shower tiles in pan and wall with cement board, install vanity, install tile niche in shower, supply and install heated floor system. Guest: Supply and install drywall, supply and install tub, supply and install 3-piece shower surround, supply and install subfloor, install tile and grout, supply and install trim, install medicine cabinet and mirror, change and add electrical outlets, install toilet, install fixtures, install vanity, supply and install heated floor system.

07/16/2013

Jo-Ann T.

Come to find that there was no footing underneath so Vinny and his crew rebuilt the entire porch, pointed the new brick. The porch looks great. We had a lot of other constrcution going at the same time and Vinny and his crew worked cooperatively with the other crews on site. Thanks Vinny

Description of Work
Vinny came out to do our front entrance steps. We had blue stone over brick and the brick was crumbling underneath.

Category decks, home remodeling

06/20/2013

Matthew W.

I had a very good experience with them. They did the job and came out good. They did a good job.

Description of Work
I used BL Remodeling to do sheetrocking repair and ceiling.

Category drywall, Uncategorized

05/11/2013

Dan & May G.

Great! Brendan was very easy to talk to--he was very approachable and was very professional. Sometimes it was hard to get a hold of him (which delayed the job by a few weeks) but he did a great job. He was very efficient too! He took out and installed a new vanity for the bathroom and a new light fixture for us. The bathroom looks so much better! I'd recommend him and plan on calling him again if I need another remodeling job done!

Description of Work
Remodeling of bathroom--installing new vanity, changing light fixture.

03/18/2013

Matt K.

Couldn't tell ya

Description of Work
He must be reallllllllllllllllly busy because he doesn't return requests throught his website after 4 days. My father was a carpenter and always returned phone calls the next day. Guess I'll take my 10 grand and find someone else.

07/30/2012

John M.

Brendan arrived on schedule and reviewed the work to be done. I had already bought the new toilets, faucets, and a bathroom sink, as well as the tiles for the bathroom floor. He was personable and professional, and sent an itemized quote (the only contractor I spoke to who did so) the next day. He estimated the work would take 3 days, but due to scheduling conflicts with his plumber and electrician it took 5 days in all. The installation of two toilets and new tile floor were perfect. The GFCI was slightly crooked, and Brendan straightened it.However, one of the light switches for the new light is touchy, it operates erratically, sometimes working, sometimes not. Also, the stoppers in the 2 sinks cannot be closed by the rod apparatus, only by pushing them down manually. The rod will open, but not close them. The shower diverter does not completely shut off water to the spout unless you pull on the diverter mechanism, and it certainly isn't meant to operate that way. When I notified Brendan of the plumbing problems, he said that his plumber was on vacation and would be in touch when he was back. That was last November, and I've yet to hear from him, which is very disappointing since one of Brendan's selling points was that all plumbing was guaranteed for one year. Clean up was adequate. My conclusion is that the work Brendan did himself (the floor) was excellent. However, he doesn't seem to have enough control over his sub contractors to ensure that their work will be as good as his own. I would use him again for a floor installation, but probably not for plumbing or electrical work. Another minor annoyance is that I had to ask Brendan repeatedly to return the key to my condo. He finally mailed it to me weeks after I'd asked for it. I've given a B rating, though a C+ would probably be more accurate.

Description of Work
Replaced two toilets, 1 bathroom sink, installed new faucets on 2 sinks and shower, installed a new tile bathroom floor, and a new light fixture and GFCI in one bathroom.

07/10/2012

James R.

The project went well. Started on time and finished on time (one week). We are very pleased with the results and will hire Brendan again.

Description of Work
Brendan renovated a bathroom for us. The project included removing vanity, mirror, toilet and all accessory items; refinishing the ceiling from "popcorn" to smooth, installing sheet vinyl flooring, painting walls, installing new vanity, counter, sink and faucet, toilet, bypass doors on tub, mirror and all accessories. We supplied all materials, except for bypass doors.

03/29/2012

TERESA M.

Things went very well! Brenden is very professional and a very hard worker. A few glitches along the way (as with most home improvements you never know what you will find until you pull it apart..). Brenden handled it well, and got the job done on time and on budget. Brenden was prompt everyday, and cleaned up before he left. He always communicated clearly about what time he would arrive so we knew what to expect. He did a great job and we would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
We had a bathtub in our master bath that needed to be replaced. He pulled out the tub, had to redo all the plumbing, drywall, and reinstall a new tub.

01/01/2012

Melanie F.

I contacted Brendan to help with the remodeling of a bathroom for my small fitness business I was in the process of opening. The town had requested I make the bathroom handicapped accessible before opening, which, given the layout of my space, made this a complicated and involved project. From the very start Brendan was very responsive to my needs. He answered clearly all my questions and concerns during the quote process. He understood the situation I was in and helped me find the best way to tackle the project so I could save as much money as possible. The work he did was fast and of good quality. What I think was most important though was how he dealt with the unexpected. During final inspections of the finished bathroom, town officials added more items to my "to do" list, These included adding (somewhere) a utility sink, a water fountain, adding some furnace duct work and water heater modifications. This of course required more inspections by the town. So what was only supposed to be a 2-3 week bathroom remodeling project turned into about 2 months worth of work. it was a very frustrating. I was impressed how calmly he handled my concerns and the town's demands throughout the entire project. I certainly couldn't have kept my cool that well and I can't imagine past contractors I've used dealing with it as well as he did. He was very professional. I definitely would recommend Brendan to other people.

Description of Work
1. Remodeling the bathroom to make it handicapped accessible (removed shower, sink, wall ledges, added grab bars, sink, patched up and painted the wall and tiled the floor where shower and ledges were removed 2. Installed utility sink, water fountain, furnace vent ducts, and water heater accessories

11/15/2011

jodi D.

It went excellent. Fast, efficient, polite, and very reasonable.

Description of Work
I just opened a new grooming shop. I was referred to him from someone I trusted. He did excellent work and was always pleasant. He knew just what I wanted. He was in an out of the shop in no time. I will continue to use him whether its for my business or for my home.

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

09/20/2011

Stephanie P.

Brendan came to the house on 8/29/2011 to see the project, took measurements and conversed about the project, said he would send a quote via email. I haven't heard back from him even after a follow up email from me.

Description of Work
N/A

05/02/2011

Arlene S.

He was very pleasant. He was very knowledgeable, but they say that one needs to get 3 estimates and that’s what I did. I got 3 estimates and based on the rating system on Angie’s List, I chose to go with someone else. He seemed to know what he was doing. He was very good. The reason that I didn’t go with BL Remodeling is because some of the other guys had higher ratings than him. The initial interview was very good. His introduction was very good. His responsiveness was excellent. He was very punctual and professional. I really liked him. I would consider using him for another quote.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from BL Remodeling LLC about 4 weeks ago to remodel 2 of my bathrooms.

08/28/2010

Noelle G.

Brandan was great from the start. He was punctual and professional and very nice. he stayed until the job was finished and handles my questions calmly and with a clear intention to educate me. He came back a few days later to fix one small detail I'd noticed. I am looking forward to having him come back to work on other projects.

Description of Work
Brendan came to my home and dismantled the baseboard and chair rail from concrete board in the bathroom. He installed tongue and groove wainscoting throughout the 50sf room including the baseboard and a new chair rail.