Arnone Building & Remodeling Inc

Founded 1973 • With Angi since June 2011

4.1

44 Virginia Rail Dr

Bethany, CT 06524

Home Improvement Contractor , established in 1973 . Owner is founder , estimator , designer and working foreman.. Exclusively does residential remodeling . Muti- Better Business Bureau award winning company ( 2011 & 2012 ) A+ rating from BBB. . .Full service ( electrical , plumbing , heating , etc. ) . . Additional phone numbers - toll free 866-393-9673 (203) 855-8262, (203) 259-8335...

08/28/2022

Philip T.

Project was going along fine until Mr. Arnone installed the spindles backwards from the inside of the deck instead of from the outside. He also failed to use pressure treated wood for a hand railing. We were upset at the appearance of the deck and hired another contractor to reverse the spindles and replace the hand railing at an additional expense of &1,500.

Description of Work
Rebuild Deck

Category decks

Prior to signing any contract , I e-mailed the contract to prospective client first so they have as much time as they need to carefully read and understand the details and specifications of the entire project which also includes the payment schedule and starting and completion date along with time to study the details of any drawings, in this case 3. These 3 drawings illustrated the following, the first drawing was the deck pattern they chose out of a few options I shown them , the 2nd drawing illustrated and quantity of new deck post, more than their present deck had because I mentioned to them earlier that the present deck post are too far apart and the 3rd drawing illustrated the design and contents of the deck railing which consisted of the vertical wooden spindles. All these drawings were to scale and the illustrated deck railing drawing contained wording , stating the following , THIS VIEW IS THE INNER SIDE OF THE DECK. I added that wording pacifically because one can view the railing also from the other side , on the lawn. Regarding customer mentioning that the hand railing was not pressure treated wood. When building decks I always use pine wood opposed to pressure treated wood. Pressure treated wood has knots that eventually loosens and corrodes, and pressure treated wood eventually splinters and cracks, thus not the ideal material to use especially when one grasp and slides their hand on this going up and down the stairs. I use clear number 1 # pine , no knots , no splintering or cracking. Pine is used on the exterior for trim boards, it can be either primed and painted or stained and sealed. Customer mentioning that I installed the spindles backwards , well I'm sorry to say they have to blame themselves because I e-mailed them well in advance the contract with illustrated drawings as I mentioned above . P.S , I always pre-e-mail contracts to customers to avoid any misunderstandings. I was paid in full after everything was inspected and approved. John Arnone

08/06/2022

Anthont R.

We recently purchased our first home, which was in desperate need of a remodel. We purchased the home via a HomeStyle Loan and needed a contractor familiar with some of the unique challenges/barriers this sort of remodel has. Throughout the entire process beginning in about February/March 2021, John has been pleasant to work with. From the day we met at the house and when he did his initial walkthrough, you could tell he was very knowledgeable. John took the time to explain what needed and should be done to ensure the home was up to code. John provided us with detailed quotes with thorough explanations and a step by step notation so we knew what to expect from he and his subcontractors. Additionally, John gave a projected start and end date, and has completed the project a couple of weeks ahead of schedule. Throughout the job, John would contact us regularly via phone calls or emails providing us with updates and would seek our input in the process. John and his subcontractors have: remodeled our kitchen, master bathroom, second bathroom, refinished our hardwood floors, installed new baseboards, added new lighting and fixtures throughout our home, added lally columns, and installed a fire door. We could not be happier with John and have already referred him to friends of our own in need of work to their home.

Description of Work
Home Renovation

Category remodeling, home remodeling

11/18/2016

Al R.

Yeah,no. Really doesn't.want the work. Rude and condescending. Seems like he can't be bothered,dont waste your time on this guy, if you did not know any better he would scare you away from doing whatever it was you wanted done!.

Description of Work
Remodel of home

Category remodeling, home remodeling

I responded to his initial inquiry, and we discussed the many purposed projects, and he informed me he is working with a designer and has drawings. The scheduled appointment occurred and during our meeting I viewed his drawings and location of activity and discussed details in depth. These projects included constructing a large 2 story addition, gut and enlarge and remodel kitchen, remodel 2 bathrooms with changes to the floor plan, create a laundry room, remove 4 bearing walls, extensive oak flooring work, change a double window into a French door, remodel 2 existing 1st floor rooms and enlarge existing master bedroom to create a master bathroom. After viewing, discussing all projects I gave him an ideal of cost. My objective is to see if I'm within his budget / expeditions. I mentioned around $ 160,000.00. He responded its twice the amount he wanted to spend. I politely said, please call me if you decide to revise plans to fit your budget. Homeowners comment implying I can't be bothered, my response, Yes I can not be bothered by spending an additional 4 hours in my office doing a formal quote and another 2 hours writing up a formal proposal if we are not on the same page of cost, in this case $ 80,000.00 difference. Commet by homeowner, stating I really don't want the work. My response is true, I don't want the work if I'm going to lose $ 80,000.00. Homeowner comment that I scared him away, my response, I didn't scare him away, the price did. Before leaving his house I asked him if he got any other quotes, he said yes from his semi-retired contractor friend, I asked homeowner what his carpenter friend mentioned of a cost, the homeowner said " About Similar ToMine". Thank you, John A

01/13/2012

Arthur M.

They would not come out. They gave me a ball park figure over the phone. I did not like that. I thought it was poor to give a price over the phone and then tell the customer if your not willing to pay that much money that your not even going to come out. I thought they were a little arrogant I thought. If I was not wiling to pay at least $18,000 they would not even come out. I will not use them because of their attitude.

Description of Work
Arnone Building & Remodeling Inc gave me an estimate on a bathroom remodel over the phone.

Category home remodeling

During all initial inquiries I ask many questions to familiar myself with type of project , existing circumstances and clients needs to evaluate extent and approximate cost of project. I explain it's best client has an idea of cost before setting up an appointment. If approximate cost within their expectations / budget an appointment is made, proposal provided at no charge nor obligation. I've been successfulling in business for over 40 years , a muti award winning Better Business Bureau company with a A+ rating. I've not had a single law suit nor general liability claim nor customer ( signed contract ) complaint filed in the pass 25 years. I was being extremly professional , thorough and helpful , not arrogant.. Thank you , John Arnone

06/18/2011

Beth B.

He first had me educated on how to shop for a remodeling service (look at his website, very helpful), get estimates, and THEN choose him. He split the job into sections, completion dates and payments. He used prime materials and insulated, etc. better than the standard. His sub-contractors were also excellent and respect him. With all he had to correct in order to put in his quality work (all to code and with the correct permits), I feel I got more than I paid for. I'll use him again.

Description of Work
He reconverted a garage-turned-family room back into a 2-car garage. In the meantime, he also corrected multiple electrical, plumbing and gas problems from other bad work over the past 20 years. He had to first take down wood plank paneling on all walls AND the ceiling. Then reroute electrical, some plumbing and gas. Then insulate and drywall, install 2 automatic garage doors and move the outside porch stairs back- by chipping out a foot of granite rock. He also replaced bad electrical wiring and a window in the adjacent basement room.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Professional Design Wood Floors

Custom wood floor design and wood floors Professional Design Wood Floors was organized in October Of 2004, under my sole name. I work in the home improvement division, but have specialized in hardwood floors for 6 years. My customers are treated with respect and integrity. For any type of service they can call and I will personally attend to their request.

Jermaine C Home Improvement, LLC

JC Home Improvement specializes in carpentry so we have great experience repairing deteriorated wood and fixing damaged sheetrock. We also remodel bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens. Further more we take on small jobs installing household décor such as mirrors and ceiling fans and etc. We have an affordable and efficient pricing system. This system allows us to provide the best possible results for our clients and gives our clients peace of mind to make executive decisions. Jermaine Ferguson, owner of Jermaine C Home Improvement has over 15 years of experience as a carpenter and project manager. He is experienced in all areas of the services we offer. Jermaine is actively involved in each project at JC Home Improvement LLC.

Gabriel & Sons Services, Inc.

Providing quality handyman and home improvement services since 1996. Providing multiple services for residential homes including: snow removal, gutter cleaning, painting, light carpentry, tile installation, wallpaper installation, sanitary pipe jet cleaning, power wash, water restoration, handymen repairs, home maintenance.

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check

Initial presentation ( professionalizm , thoroughness , options on designs & cost ,written proposal.. Detailed written contract , starting & completion date , payment schedule , written guarantee. Excellant workmanship , communication skills , Design work , Many references..