Better Built Basements LLC

Founded 2008 • With Angi since May 2010

Additional e-mail - info@better-built-basements.com. Award winning. The Mission of Better Built Basements, LLC is to have Connecticut homeowners select us as their remodeling contractor by providing innovative and affordable basement solutions. We strive to build trust and confidence with our customers with precise quotes, honest and consistent communication, professional appearance and demeanor, and accurate time lines for every project....

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

basement remodeling (225)electrician (97)drywall (56)interior painting (53)home remodeling (53)lighting (51)plumbers (49)insulation (42)flooring (42)door installation (40)woodworking (37)tile installation (35)

12/02/2020

Chuck H.

This organization is top notch to say the least! I will forever sing the praises of the extreme degree of professionalism, the incredibly top tier level of quality that I saw implemented on my project. Any home-owner would do well to hire this company as they are supreme in my book.

Description of Work
Commercial grade dehumidifier, air handler fresher air to basement

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

06/04/2020

Anne M.

This is my second time hiring BBB. Previously, they did over my bathroom & buoy a new one in the basement. This time I had a leaky skylight in the closed in breezeway that has been leaking for quite some time & causing a fair amount of damage. I contacted BBB & got an estimate with work started & completed within two weeks. They gave me a very detailed estimate with a time table on what was going to happen & when. When the job before mind ran late, I got two notices that work would begin a day late. They crew did a fabulous job with new skylights & ceiling that look great. The roof looks like the windows were magically put in with no change to the roof. The crew was courteous, timely & very professional. BBB is my go to for any repair/construction work I need. Would not hesitate to recommend them! Anne M

Description of Work
Redo breezeway roof

Category roofing, replacement windows, home builders, sunrooms

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

05/27/2020

Jay J.

It went very good. They were excellent, picked out the best exhaust fans, cleaned up after themselves, and answered my questions properly.

Description of Work
They put in 2 brand new bathroom exhaust fans and did 2 ceiling repairs.

Category plastering, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

03/13/2020

Jason W.

From the planning to the daily work to the courtesy and quality of the workers, this outfit is top notch! Would have no hesitancy to call them again for another job.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Work Completed On 03/12/2020

Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure to work with you and your family to create this space for you.

02/26/2020

Jonathan S.

Better Built Basements did an amazing job turning our basement into an immaculate recreation area. The team members were extremely professional and the work performed exceeded our expectations. My wife and I appreciated BBB's consistent communication, planning, and timeliness which showed their desire to get the job done right. We would highly recommend BBB for anyone looking for a reputable, highly skilled team to remodel your home. You won't be disappointed!!

Description of Work
Remodeled basement

Category closet systems, drywall, electrician, picture framing, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, basement waterproofing, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/16/2019

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you trusting us with your project.

02/02/2020

Ebenezer S.

Better Build Basement did a superior job! The team was incredibly knowledgeable and professional. We were consulted on every minor and major change, they understood all of the specifications needed to finish our basement with handicap accessibility. The team was friendly, they met every request and need with a open mind and a "can do" attitude. We not only recommend Better Built Basements to anyone looking for high a quality job completed on time, we will use them again for other projects in our house. Thank you so much for making our dreams come true!

Description of Work
Finished Basement

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, egress windows, picture framing, insulation, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, woodworking, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/13/2020

Thank you for the great review! Thank you for letting us helping the space of your dreams.

01/13/2020

Jeff and Aimee J.

Better Built Basements LLC finished our basement just the way we wanted. Not only did they do a fantastic job, but they were also very professional, respectful, reasonable and they always cleaned up at the end of each day. The project was done in a timely manner with great communication , they also made the schedule available via an app, so we always knew what would happen and on what day. They made sure we received exactly what we asked for. When we first met with Randy he answered all our questions promptly and thoroughly from the initial assessment through the completion of the basement and he was very pleasant to work with. The framing crew in particular was very polite, friendly and professional and even helped my daughter dig out her car out of the snow. We will absolutely use them for our bathroom remodel very soon. Thank you Better Built Basement

Description of Work
Finishing basement

Work Completed On 01/02/2020

Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure to help you and your family create the new space for you guys to enjoy. We look forward to being able to help you in the future!

01/03/2020

Bobby W.

The experience with BBB was outstanding. This is a project that has been many years in the making, and I was a little nervous signing off on such a huge investment. Of course I did my due diligence, and from the beginning, my comfort level with BBB far eclipsed that with any of the other companies. That is the case from Sales (Wayne), to ownership (Jim) to every worker that came in throughout. Everyone was professional and thorough with their responsibilities. There was an open line of communication with Jim which was fantastic considering it was during the holiday season and some scrambling and changes were necessary. I also greatly appreciated the patience and detailed explanations to my many questions. Most importantly, the workmanship was top notch. To see how it all came together from the concrete walls and floors to the man cave of my dreams was really fascinating. Thank you guys so much. I couldn't be happier. Would recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Complete Basement Finishing

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, insulation, plumbing, replacement windows, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

Review for Better Built Basements LLC - 229 Christian Ln, Berlin, CT - 38313692

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the excellent review. We appreciate you trusting us to help create the man cave of your dreams. We look forward to helping you again in the future.

12/26/2019

Danielle P.

Better Built Basements did a fantastic job on our new bathroom! Right from the start, the owner went over exactly what we could expect as far as price, length of time to complete the job, finishes, and his crew. The work started on time, their team was extremely professional and responsive to my questions and in the end, I got exactly what I wanted and expected for a great price compared to the competition. I would definitely recommend Better Built Basements to my friends and family moving forward.

Description of Work
Add new bathroom on basement level.

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, wells, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/18/2019

Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure to work with you and your family.

12/23/2019

Stephanie K.

Better Built Basements LLC renovated my basement this past summer, installing a full bathroom, bedroom (with egress window), office and finished common area. The project went very smoothly, with great communication and follow-up. Just about everything was done to spec and on the correct timeline. At the beginning of the project we were provided a schedule, and they met almost every milestone; the entire project was completed on time, including pulling the necessary permits and passing all town inspections. We had a few change orders during the project, and they were able to work them in and still complete the project within the original time frame. The communication was phenomenal. For each phase of the project we knew who was coming to the house when, who would be in charge if there was any issue, and who we could escalate to if there were concerns. I would highly recommend them for any project. Months later we are as thrilled with the basement as we were the day it was completed. Thanks so much to the team for our wonderful finished basement.

Description of Work
Finished basement including building out a bedroom, office and full bathroom

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, egress windows, flooring contractor, picture framing, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, woodworking, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

We thank you for trusting us to help build the space of your dreams. We look forward to being able to help you again in the future.

10/23/2019

VENKAT B.

Two years ago, I met with BBB Randy to add a bathroom on our second floor. Now, two years later, after having done such a good job on our bathroom, we have finished our basement with BBB, adding a bedroom, bathroom, bar, and theater. Our home was recently constructed by Toll Brothers. Making renovations to and matching the high quality to that of Toll brothers' can be challenging at times. We were so fortunate to work with BBB and their construction quality. They make sure their customer receives exactly what they ask for and more. We have worked with Randy throughout the entire process from start to finish. He is very professional and always available to address your needs. They have good contractors and maintain the delivery schedule. Throughout the construction process, I never had to worry about anything. We love our basement, and are always receiving compliments on it! We are very thankful towards the entire BBB construction team for working on our project.

Description of Work
Adding additional Bathroom to 2nd floor and Finishing full Basement (Bed room, bathroom, Bar and Theater)

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, basement waterproofing, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate that we were able to help you create two spaces for you and your family. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you again in the future.

10/22/2019

Linda B.

Better Built Basements is a very well-run company. The remodel was professional, the people were courteous and friendly, and the whole project went along very smoothly from start to finish. We would absolutely recommend this company to anyone who wants the job done the right way. The staff kept us on track with what was being done and never missed a beat in the production cycle. High praise to all who work at Better Built Basement. I just wish we had done this years ago. It is absolutely beautiful! Well done BBB!

Description of Work
entire basement remodel

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

Review for Better Built Basements LLC - 229 Christian Ln, Berlin, CT - 38185884

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your kind words and thank you letting us create a beautiful space for you and your family.

10/17/2019

Lynn M.

Better built basements did an amazing job with our kitchen and family room remodel. Randy and his team were always very professional and reliable. The work was completed in a timely manner and the staff was very attentive to our needs. We felt very comfortable having them in our home. This is the 2nd time we used better built and we love them. They also did a great job with our basement remodel several years ago. This is a company that goes above and beyond to make sure the customer is always happy.

Description of Work
Kitchen and family room remodel

Category home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

It was our pleasure to work with you and your family again on your kitchen and dining room remodel. Thank you for the great review.

10/17/2019

Greg B.

Excellent. From the beginning (quote process) to the final finishes, Better Built Basements handled everything and was executed flawlessly. We liked that they had extensive experience in basement finishes, bathroom installs, and doing massive digs to create egress window. Their website was very good because it showed many examples of their work. During the construction period (2.5 months) the employees were extremely available and friendly if anything came up, and they were always punctual. Better Built also did not outsource any part of the job so all of the crew was on the same page with timing and hand-offs (framing to drywall to electric etc.). The company uses an app to track the construction plan for the day/week etc, which was very helpful for us to plan around some of the major construction events (drilling, etc.) so our kids wouldn't be impacted (naps, playdates, etc.). The entire experience was very positive, we were extremely happy with the final result, the construction ended on time, and now we have more space in our house for our family and guests. I highly recommend Better Built Basements for basement finishing and egress window construction.

Description of Work
We had an unfinished basement (900 sq feet) that we wanted usable for our family. We also needed to install an egress window so that the finished space was up to code and safe for our kids. Lastly, we wanted a full bathroom installed to give us flexibility if guests wanted to visit and stay overnight.

Category drywall, egress windows, flooring contractor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

Thank you for the great review, we were happy to create a space for you and your family to enjoy. We looking forward to working with you again in the future.

10/16/2019

Tammy Y.

They were very disorganized obviously not experienced in kitchen remodels. I had to continually email them about my project so I knew what was going on. When I emailed too many times I was verbally attacked by one of the owners named jim. They are very expensive they offer coupons but they wont give you the quote before the coupon so you never really know if you actually got the coupon or not. They do have an app which let's you know when work is being done except it is constantly changeing. They have upgrade on there app because everything you chose is an upgrade I had thousands of dollars in upgrades after the original contract was signed. I would definitely stick with a contractor who only does kitchen remodels. They also damaged my new dishwasher installing it and took a big of wood out of my hallway railing and refused to take any responsibility for it.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

Hi, We would encourage you to look at all of our reviews. This client was a previous client who we had difficulties with the last project that we had done with them. We were hesitant to do work with them again but decided to. At no time were any upgrades not discussed and decided by the homeowner. Everything was transparent and at no point did they have to do any of the upgrades that they decided to do. The dishwasher was damaged from the factory and the panel was replaced by the factory. This is the first time we are hearing about a handrail. The handrail has never previously been mentioned to us. We can give you countless references of kitchen remodels that we have done that would tell you we are organized and had a great experience with our company. This client threatened us with a bad review and here it is. We apologize that we can not make every client 100% happy every time, we work very hard to make every client happy.

07/27/2019

Eric B.

Great! It was a pleasure dealing with Better Built Basements. From the initial meeting with Wayne who created a detailed proposal to the completion of the entire project, the group was very professional, courteous and easy to work with. They handled all of the permits and purchasing - all we had to do was choose various items. They also used a great website which tracked the progress of the project which was easy to use. Their quality of workmanship was top notch. We also used Integrity Kitchen Design whom BBB recommended and they were equally great to work with. I've already recommended them to people who may be interested in renovating their basements and will continue to recommend them in the future.

Description of Work
Renovate unfinished basement into in-law apartment

Category closet systems, drywall, electrician, egress windows, flooring contractor, picture framing, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/26/2019

Review for Better Built Basements LLC - 229 Christian Ln, Berlin, CT - 38015183

Thank you for the great review, we loved working with you and your family and we appreciate the referrals. Enjoy the new space!

05/08/2019

Lisa F.

From the first meeting with Wayne, to discuss the project, to the final walk through, this company was personable, professional and completed quality work. Jim, Katelyn, Jake, Ben, Pat, Roger and every other crew member, were easy to communicate with and went above and beyond to accommodate us with any changes. I appreciated the insight and experience, from Jim, when it came to variations that would make things look better than the original plan. Overall I would trust and hire Better Built Basements for any and all renovations, as well as refer friends and family. Well done!

Description of Work
Total renovation of basement, including adding a bulkhead entrance. Also,

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plumbing, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, wells, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/07/2019

Review for Better Built Basements LLC - 229 Christian Ln, Berlin, CT - 37863426

02/11/2019

David O.

Excellent beautiful finished product. Design ideas made it work that we were not offered from other companies that quoting the job . Flexible to our schedules. Workers were extremely courteous, neat, respectful and took pride in the quality of their work. We would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
basement remodeling

Category closet systems, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 02/11/2019

It was a pleasure to work with you on your project. We hope you enjoy it and look forward to working with you again in the future.

12/12/2018

jenn W.

I contracted Better Built Basement (BBB) to renovate our 800 sq. ft basement which included a living area, kitchen and a full bathroom. Let me start out by stating I’m a very demanding and controlling customer. I interviewed many companies for this job and took my time to really research each company. BBB was not the cheapest but their presentation and knowledge about construction was impressive. From the moment I signed with them I couldn’t be more pleased. What I loved about BBB is that all their contractors are “in house.” They all work for BBB and they communicate with each other so there is no confusion. ALL their workers were so polite, always showed up on time and cleaned up at the end of the day. The office manager Kaitlyn was a pleasure to work with too. It was comforting to know if I had any issues I could contact her. For the kitchen, BBB recommended Integrity Kitchen Design. Kevin, the owner, was so nice to work with and the kitchen turned out beautiful. BBB’s workmanship and professionalism was impeccable. I would highly recommend them!!

Description of Work
Basement Renovation

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

Thank you for the great review. You and your family were a pleasure to work with.

10/16/2018

Kelly L.

To say Better Built is amazing is an understatement. I was looking for a company that could handle all of my needs so I didn’t have to deal with multiple businesses. They handled remodel, kitchen, bath, plumbing, Tile, electrical, floors & paint! I wanted someone who was going to make things easy on me & they did. Hiring is the most important thing you’ll do with your house & trusting the people handling is important. Staying with in budget was very important & they did! Their workers are courteous and on time. They kept me up to date daily in what would be happening each day. They remodeled my entire downstairs including windows, kitchen, dining & two baths. I had no idea where to start & they helped me develop the entire plan. You will not be disappointed if you hire Better Built!

Description of Work
Full home remodel including kitchen & bath

Category contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, egress windows, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

Thank you for the great review, it was a pleasure to work with you to help design the entire remodel. We look forward to being able to help you in the future!

10/12/2018

Vincent C.

We recently completed a project with BBB and are truly thankful for the quality of work they provide. They finished an unfinished portion of our basement, and tore down a large closet to build a bar. In addition, they installed a doorway in an upstairs room that had previously not had a door. The project took about 7 weeks to complete. Having work done on your home, working with contractors, etc can be an extremely stressful experience. Until the work is done you don't always know what you're going to get as far as the quality of the work, cost adjustments, people coming into your home, responsiveness, etc. Working with this company, none of those issues are a concern. I have had the pleasure of interacting with Randy throughout this entire process from start to finish. I am really impressed by not only how knowledgeable he is, but how cool, calm and collected he is about everything. There was not one detail or question that we brought up to him that fazed him or wasn't addressed. That being said, he also spent a lengthy amount of time assessing the details of the basement up front to ensure everything was accurate. Every single member of the team that took part in the construction was of the highest quality, professional and extremely respectful. The final product is outstanding. The bar was built from scratch and is stunning. There were no surprises at any step along the way, to include the final price. Everything was transparent from the beginning. Simply put, I don't see how you can do any better than BBB for any basement or home improvement needs. As I anticipate future work on the house, I will be returning to them in a heartbeat. Thanks again!

Description of Work
Finished part of basement, built a bar, installed doorway in upstairs room

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, drywall, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/30/2018

Thank you for welcoming us into your home and now becoming a part of the Better Built Family. We look forward to helping you in the future.

09/28/2018

Linda P.

It is hard to know where to begin in describing our experience with Better Built Basements. From start to finish, I have never had a better experience with a company. There are three things that I believe set Better Built Basements apart from other businesses: the people, the quality of the work, and the value. Our project consisted of installing a family room, bedroom, and bathroom in our unfinished basement. During the five weeks it took to complete this project, I lost count of the number of people who were involved and I can only remember a few of their names. However, what I do remember is the polite, professional, and respectful manner of each and every BBB employee. The work crews arrived on time, left on time, and left the work area cleaned at the end of the day. Everyone from management to the skilled laborers made themselves available to answer my questions, explain things, and address any concerns. And this may sound like a small thing, but everyone looked me in the eye when speaking with me. I never felt rushed or dismissed or that my requests were unimportant. I felt respected and valued as a customer and as a human being. Regarding the quality of the work, I can only describe it as exceptional. BBB has specialized teams, including people who are responsible for framing, dry-walling, painting, flooring, finish work, electrical, and so on. These are skilled, competent people who take pride in their work. Only high quality products were used in our project, many of which are specifically designed for basement installations. As I am something of a perfectionist, I can almost always find something that needs improvement or correction. However, at the time of completion, there was not a single problem or issue that needed to be addressed. As far as value, BBB’s estimate was similar to others we received from other reputable contractors. We selected BBB because we felt that what they had to offer in terms of expertise, service, and experience made them the right fit for us. From our initial consultation with the designer (Robert), during which we spent hours coming up with the perfect design for our space, until the final walk through, our experience was virtually seamless. And thanks to the production manager (Jake) and the office manager (Kaitlyn), communication throughout the process was clear, timely, and uncomplicated. The project proceeded exactly on schedule and was completed within the projected time frame. This is a company that clearly knows exactly what they are doing. And although they have probably done hundreds of projects like ours, I never had the feeling that this was “just another basement” for them. From the moment we signed our contract until the day of completion, our experience with BBB was outstanding. I cannot recommend them more highly.

Description of Work
Basement Remodel

Work Completed On 09/28/2018