A1 Home Helper, L.L.C.

Founded 2009 • With Angi since October 2010

4390 Carr St.

Wheat Ridge, CO 80033

Busy homeowners often don’t have time to do what needs to be done around the home. A-1 Home Helper L.L.C. was created to give you professional, trustworthy, reliable help. When you call A-1 Home Helper, you can rest assured you’ll get quality, professional service at a great price.

11/01/2018

Susie A.

Great! Dave took a day or so to get back with me, but once he did he was at my house that day, did a great job and the price was right, considering he did my home and my detached garage!! Definitely will use him again!

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, lawn service

09/12/2018

Helen C.

I needed someone to mow my lawn in August until the end of the season. i called A-1 and Dave Bick came soon and looked at the job, said he could do it and quoted a price. I agreed and he and his crew have been coming regularly and doing a good job. He offers other services which I am likely to use in the future.

Description of Work
Weekly lawn mowing

02/06/2018

Linda D.

I had to wait for an appointment with A-1 Home Helper because I didn't request one until leaf-cleaning season was in full swing. Otherwise, though, everything about my experience with them was as good as I could wish. Absolutely no leaf material was left behind -- everything was cleaned up perfectly, and it was a great delight not to do it myself!

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning on a two-story home

05/04/2017

Margaret L.

Had a sprinkler problem, and he was prompt and polite, though in the end, I had to hire a plumber. Paid DAVE for diagnosing the problem

Category irrigation systems

04/12/2017

Don G.

Called for an estimate and was told they didn't want the job as 'mowing season' was starting early.

Description of Work
Removal of two shrubs and yard cleanup.

03/29/2017

Lori H.

I called A1 and they gave me a quick estimate over the phone. They showed up when they said they were going to show up, did an excellent job at the work they said they were going to do, and charged me what they said they were going to charge. That is rare in the mountain communities. I highly recommend A1 Home Helper.

Description of Work
I needed fire mitigation done at my house in Evergreen.

03/15/2017

John L.

It went very well as usual - we've used the service for several years. Happy to recommend highly!

Description of Work
Semi-annual maintenance of xeriscape yard with ornamental grass cutback and blowing debris out of rock areas. Also earlier a one-off fence repair.

Category handyman service, lawn service, lawn treatment

02/21/2017

Marc C.

Owner & co-workrer were on time, accommodating, professional and worked very hard. Very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Overgrown area was cleared & hauled away, also spread mulch in a separate area.

01/09/2017

Dan W.

They came every week and did a good job

Description of Work
mow lawn per set schedule

10/17/2016

Lisa K.

We were very pleased and thankful because the summer had already started. The man that we used for lawn service became ill so we needed to find someone else. After 3 weeks without luck, I saw the A1 Home Helper ad and Dave was very kind and understanding of our situation. Though his schedule was full he agreed to take on the job. Thanks, Dave

Description of Work
Lawn service.

09/19/2016

Sandra S.

I've use them for over 2 years and they've always done a good job.

Description of Work
Mowing, aeration, sprinkler winterization, yard clean-up

08/12/2016

B J.

No response from company after four attempts to contact them. I first called them to leave a message. Then I filled out an online form, called them again and was informed their mailbox was full and finally emailed the owner with a message that I would file an unfavorable review if I did not hear from him. If there is a compelling reason for this lack of contact I would be glad to change the review as their previous reviews were quite favorable.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning

02/10/2016

nina K.

The are reliable, professional, and responsive. The owner, Dave, is terrific. I am very pleased with this company all around, and they are one of a very small number of home service companies I would recommend in the Denver area. Excellent service and communication.

Description of Work
I have used this company for about two years now for regular lawn mowing/edging, gutter cleaning, leaf/yard cleanup, and most recently for snow removal.

11/19/2015

Michael H.

Process was fast and efficient. Gave plenty of tips on plant and shrub maintenance.

Description of Work
Worked with Dave and his crew of 2 others. Was able to perform standard fall cleanup on 1/4 acre within 2 hours. I have a ton of rocks and hardscape so considering the terrain I thought it was fast

Category

03/26/2015

Barbara G.

When I called, he was just leaving the state for vacation. That wasn't a big deal. When he got back, he called and came over. He always is very professional. Great guy. He has done other work for us. I would recommend him for anything. He is great. Very honest.

Description of Work
Cleaned our gutters on two story house. The house is quite large and very high. He cleans the gutters and makes repairs.

Category gutter cleaning, landscaping, tree service

07/14/2014

Jeffrey H.

Great service. I called them 5 weeks ago and said that we had just moved to town and needed our lawn trimmed and cut for the next 4 - 5 weeks. Dave's team was out a couple of days later. They were quick and did excellent, quality work. Also, I had priced out a couple of other services, and they were well over $100 per week, while A1 was $30. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great lawn service!

Description of Work
Lawn service including mowing, edging and trimming.

04/17/2014

Carrie S.

Contacted Dave about doing some work on our lawn and sprinklers. He was extremely quick in getting back with us. Very professional and upfront in our conversation. We wanted power raking, which he doesn't do, but gave some great reasons why. He also let me know what his timeline would be to take a look at our sprinklers, as it would be about a month (which is fine with our timeline of getting it done). I am leaving a review because Dave was very professional and wonderful to deal with over the phone. I look forward to working with him in the future.

Description of Work
Provider called me back to give information about services.

03/03/2014

KRISTIN B.

I loved it. He was great, his name is David, and I actually used him for three times. He's very attentive, when I leave a message, he would call me right back, he even text me, there when he told me he'd be there, and really nice. One of the biggest part was that, he actually cleaned up after himself. It's good, made sure he checked the back all into the yard, and made sure it was backed the way it was before.

Description of Work
I used A1 Home Helper for aerating and fertilizing the lawn.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

01/19/2014

Carol C.

Washed all the windows inside and out, including sunroom windows in kitchen, about 45 panes. He arrived when expected and completed the work well and promptly.

Category window cleaning

12/13/2013

Sarah F.

Dave responded quickly to emails and phone calls and was able to come do the work the same week. He was very pleasant over the phone and I like the fact that I could pay by cheque or on his website. I will definatley be using A1 again.

Description of Work
Cleaned gutters and did fall yard cleanup

11/15/2013

Derek S.

This was the first time we used A1 and we are impressed. Our yard looks amazing - the best fall yard clean up we've ever had. The yard, bushes and side of the house are all spotless and we have 10 plus mature trees on our property. Dave was polite and very responsive. His crew was polite, professional and quick. The price was reasonable and we are thrilled with the results. I would highly recommend them and we hope to use their services again.

Description of Work
Dave's crew did fall yard clean up and cleaned out the gutters

10/10/2013

Jeanne C.

Excellent - we were very satisfied with the professionalism of the workers as well as the finished product of the work performed. A1 was responsive and provided the requested services. Highly recommend and we will use them in the future if needed. Thank you!

Description of Work
Lawn Service to include mowing, edging, trimming and general rock clean up.

08/16/2013

milonna C.

Dave answered and returned calls promptly. He was on time for our appointments and got the work done promptly. I would definitely recommend this service.

Description of Work
He completely cleaned up my yard to include getting rid of trash and weeds. There was a lot of damaged weed fabric under my rocks that he fixed.

07/29/2013

Karen E.

It was hit or miss meating Mike at the house but once we got it together he fixed everything quickly and made sure all the heads were adjusted properly and set the timer.

Description of Work
turn on sprinklers, fix leak on back flow preventer

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

07/15/2013

Terry P.

They are doing a nice job, 3 or 4 of them come and get the job done in no time.

Description of Work
Mow and edge.